Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Relate to Chameleon Wizard... If the provided data are not updates I can't do to much (I mean nothing...)

The embedded value provided by the bootloader are very old (2014 If I remember correctly)

and the code need a "huge" update will be a good option "port" the Clover SMBios function...

And other story is... the values provided by the smbios.plist are correctly readed?

ErmaC

Ah OK, I got it  :). Related to SMBios for Chameleon I remember there's another thread here, so for now I better ignore this.

(for another SMBios values except Model & SN I don't really get if they are readed correctly). 

Ah OK, I got it  :). Related to SMBios for Chameleon I remember there's another thread here, so for now I better ignore this.

(for another SMBios values except Model & SN I don't really get if they are readed correctly).

You can take a look at this smbios.plist example http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/branches/ErmaC/Enoch/package/smbios.plist

ErmaC

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I can use a motherboard GA-B250M-D2V with a G4400, a simple nvidia MSI210, I had a difficulty to function Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F2511), with all the change in the BIOS obviously, so on this motherboard with Yosemite I can only start with the AMD kernel of Bronya (November 4, 2015) and Enoch 2399 of September 28, 2014. If someone uses this card with Yosemite, it inform me about its configuration. (I tried with Clover, impossible to start). I specify that it works very well, that I do not want to use El Capitan or Sierra.
Thank you all for your info

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently upgraded to an NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti and can't for the life of me get any combination of methods for web drivers to work. FileNVRAM refuses to persist between reboots, trying to use kexts.plist override for NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes does not work. The boot loader doesn't seem to enumerate the RAM for the GPU either. I am at a loss. All I am getting is the Apple Software Renderer.

mp51_gtx_1050_ti.txt

Just a late report; Enoch r2898 works well under macOS High Sierra 10.13 & 10.13.1 Beta (17B25c) with Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.114 enabled; so it should to work also on mach with Pascal graphics as well (blackscreen issue is different case I think). Thanks @Ermac and Devs (using old MBP10,1 SMBios Datas generated by Chameleon Wizard 4.2.0 w/o problem for booting).  :)

Q7ux7Vp.png

bootlog.log_a43sj_sandy_gf119_r2898.txt

• Like 1

Added SMBios FirmwareFeature (code merged from Clover project) thx MinusZwei

It is still very basic:
- Added 2 new plist keys
- if they are filled with a valid int those values are set
- if not, defaults are taken.
The values should be taken from the platformdata.c source of Clover.
(For ex, a MacPro5,1 you can use 0xE80FE136 / 0xFF1FFF3F)

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/commit/2902/

ErmaC

PS. in a couple of minute I will upload a new pkg...

A Tips from MinusZwei

Oh, and "one more thing" APFS is a no-go at the moment.

What I did was the following: once the initial setup data is copied (in the macOS Internal Files folder),
I restarted the installer, got a terminal and went into the folder
to patch manually the .plist files (you have 2 'convertToAPFS' keys to change).

Then I booted the target partition and the installation went correctly, not upgrading my volume to APFS.
Once this was done, Enoch was seeing it and was able to boot it properly
  • Like 2

As mentioned, I did a bit of back-porting from Clover in order to have a working High Sierra installation.

I will prepare a small tutorial describing how I installed it, but just to give a brief overview, using this method, I was able to make a fresh clean 10.13 install on a blank SSD.

Basically, macOS 10.13 installer works differently from previous ones:

It is now working in 2 passes to install macOS instead of one previously.

1. The first pass will copy the installer data in a 'macOS Install Data' folder on your target partition (more or less the content of the 'SharedSupport' folder)

2. The seconds pass will actually install macOS using this data folder

(Please note that nothing really fancy was done to create the install stick: 'createinstallmedia' and installed Enoch. That's all.)

For the first pass, you will have to use the 'prelinkedkernel':

I have tried to re-create a new pre-linked kernel based on the S/L/E that is present in BaseSystem.dmg, adding FakeSMC and my network card driver, but I was never able to properly boot the install stick afterwards (from what I see, launchd process could not be started...). I think that BaseSystem.dmg does not contain all needed kexts that have been used to create the pre-linked kernel, but that is just a rough guess.

Anyway, since Enoch contains its own FakeSMC and since you don't need a network connection while installing, use the pre-linked kernel, and make sure that the Enoch FakeSMC is used (you can confirm this with the verbose logs of Enoch), and the installer will start.

The first pass will not read any firmware, and so, you will be able to get the install files copied on your target partition (just make sure to format it in HFS+).

However, when you then boot on your target partition to continue the installation, you will be greeted by a nice message: "An error occurred while verifying firmware."...

This is coming from the fact that the SMBIOS that Enoch is showing does not contain the Apple-specific firmware volume, which contains the firmware features and its corresponding mask

Since Clover has implemented this since DP6, I have basically copy-pasted the code inside Enoch to get this working.

The correct values can be passed inside the smbios.plist, using the following keys: 'SMfirmwarefeatures' and 'SMfirmwarefeaturesmask'

(keep in mind that Enoch is not able to read hex formatted numbers, so convert the values to decimal first  :). Also, I did not tried the default values. I directly injected the proper ones for my machine type...)

Patching Enoch with the proper firmware volume block inside the SMBIOS fixed the firmware verification error that I was getting (this is what has been merged in 2902).

However, since the target partition was located on an SSD, it was still converted to APFS during the seconds pass...

In order to fix this, what I did was the following:

- I booted the install stick again after first pass was done

- I opened the terminal application (from Utilities menu) and modified 2 files that were created during the first pass: OSInstallAttr.plist and minstallconfig.xml.

(Basically, grep for 'convertToAPFS' tag and change its value from '<true/>' to '<false/>')

By doing this, the 2nd pass won't convert my target partition to APFS, keeping a good-old-HFS format.

Finally, after 2nd pass, reboot to the install stick, open a terminal, and install Enoch on the target partition, copy the additional kexts you need to /L/E and reboot.

(The new pre-linked kernel should be created automatically before the first boot since /L/E has been modified, so you're good).

And voila. 10.13 is running, using Enoch  :P

Enoch r2902 boots macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B25c) just fine from pre-installed MacHDD, but...

weird is; it doesn't from hSierra 17A365 USB Installer (BaseSystem restore or createinstallmedia give same results)..

it sometimes ended with "kextstall AppleACPICPU, MCHC", or just gotta instant reboot (using my mach as seen on sig). Thanks.  :)

bootlog.log_a43sj_r2902_10.13.1.txt.zip

EFI-Enoch_r2902_USB_a43sj.zip

• Like 1

Give it a try...

attachicon.gifboot.zip

ErmaC

Works OK thanks

What can I do to resolve this if I Compile the source ?

Edit ***

ParseTagdate Unimplemented

Works with the boot file attaching  OK thanks

What can I do to resolve this if I Compile the source ?

EDIT 2*****

Also not working Create Install Media  USB Installer, only work if if Install Chameleon after Deploy High Sierra on HD or SSD

here KP of USB Installer

Try with no FakeSMC same result

With or Without DSDT, SSDT same result

img_1210.jpg

EDIT 3***

Fix USB Installer create Install Media  :D

<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelHasswell</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelLapicError</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelSSE3</key>
<string>NO</string>
<key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Enoch r2902 boots macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B25c) just fine from pre-installed MacHDD, but...

weird is; it doesn't from hSierra 17A365 USB Installer (BaseSystem restore or createinstallmedia give same results)..

it sometimes ended with "kextstall AppleACPICPU, MCHC", or just gotta instant reboot (using my mach as seen on sig). Thanks.  :)

Ah OK, r2904 seems solved my problem with 10.13 USB Installer, thanks @ErmaC & @chris1111.

(sorry for installer logs, I have no idea how to run bdmesg on installation mode).

#EDIT: with @Slice's FakeSMC 3.5.0 and PS2Controller on /E/E of USB's ESP.

Installer Log 10-Oct-2017.txt.zip

boot_r2904.zip

Ah OK, r2904 seems solved my problem with 10.13 USB Installer, thanks @ErmaC & @chris1111.

(sorry for installer logs, I have no idea how to run bdmesg on installation mode).

#EDIT: with @Slice's FakeSMC 3.5.0 and PS2Controller on /E/E of USB's ESP.

I have the same crash in the OS Installer I try all is possible but no go

Deploy methods startosinstall and Install chameleon after Deploy no issue

• Like 1

I have the same crash in the OS Installer I try all is possible but no go

Deploy methods startosinstall and Install chameleon after Deploy no issue

You mean this..?

Oct 10 17:50:41 MacBook-Pro ReportCrash[593]: Process:               macOS Utilities [585]
Oct 10 17:50:41 MacBook-Pro ReportCrash[593]: Path:                  /System/Installation/CDIS/macOS Utilities.app/Contents/MacOS/macOS Utilities
Oct 10 17:50:41 MacBook-Pro ReportCrash[593]: Identifier:            com.apple.macOS-Utilities
Oct 10 17:50:41 MacBook-Pro ReportCrash[593]: Version:               1.0 (321.2)
Oct 10 17:50:41 MacBook-Pro ReportCrash[593]: Build Info:            InstallDVDSpringboard-321002000000000~181

And, is it caused by bootloader? I just realized it was happened..

Your not completed Install ?

this

Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: Registering the connection
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: client 0x7fcee6713900: phaseName = Installer Crash Catcher
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: client 0x7fcee6713900: phaseName = "Installer Crash Catcher"
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: ISAP: hide progress UI called
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: ISAP: hide progress UI called
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: client 0x7fcee6713900: phaseName = Installer Crash Catcher
Oct 10 17:50:16 MacBook-Pro Viewer[595]: Releasing Connection

I dont know if cause by the bootloader but thats not append in Clover ?

Your not completed Install ?

I dont know if case by the bootloader but thats not append in Clover ?

Nope, perhaps tomorrow with an empty HDD. Oh I remember that recently tried saving installer log to an apfs vol, or accessing another vols, it crashed immediately then just mach reboot, I also forgot to use nv_disable=1 boot-arg... though I'm still not sure caused of these.

Pls show the contents of your o.c.b.p, smbios, kernel and kext plist file

ErmaC

Hi ErmaC thanks

I just compile Enoch (r2904) works good no isssu

on Deploy method HDD HFS+J High Sierra

Not test USB Installer dont have time now sorry

Here the content of all my plist file in Extra, see image

also attaching Chameleon bdmesg Log

have a nice day

319992123.png

Chameleon bdmesg Log.txt.zip

I've tested r2904 again, for installing hSierra 17A365 via USB FlashDisk to a full erased empty HDD.. all went smooth for 1st stage (Install datas copy), but..

after installer reboot to complete the setup, I was greeted by a famous "Firmware verification error".

I then force re-booting my mach and repeat the 2nd step, now.. with another error about "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged".

Yes.. I was still using an old MBP10,1 SMBios generated from ChamWiz 4.2. Have a nice day.  :)

• Like 1

Hi ErmaC thanks

I just compile Enoch (r2904) works good no isssu

on Deploy method HDD HFS+J High Sierra

Here the content of all my plist file in Extra, see image

also attaching Chameleon bdmesg Log

pls show also the smbios

ErmaC

pls show also the smbios

ErmaC

Here SMBIOS

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>12/22/2016</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>IM142.88Z.0118.B17.1612221936</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>iMac</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>iMac14,2</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxx</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

EDIT ****

I do not know who scored my serial number with XXX 

I've tested r2904 again, for installing hSierra 17A365 via USB FlashDisk to a full erased empty HDD.. all went smooth for 1st stage (Install datas copy), but..

after installer reboot to complete the setup, I was greeted by a famous "Firmware verification error".

I then force re-booting my mach and repeat the 2nd step, now.. with another error about "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged".

Yes.. I was still using an old MBP10,1 SMBios generated from ChamWiz 4.2. Have a nice day.  :)

Ok, let me make this point clear:

Enoch will not work OOB for installing macOS 10.13:

You will have to add the 2 new keys that I have added to inject the firmware features and mask into the smbios.

Your smbios.plist must contain the following 2 keys, with proper values:

- SMfirmwarefeatures
- SMfirmwarefeaturesmask

(keep in mind that Enoch does not support -yet- hex input, so convert hex values to decimal first)

Enoch is now generating an Apple specific block (type 128) in the emulated SMBIOS that it sends to macOS.

Inside this block, the 2 values passed over smbios.plist will be injected. (If not present, default values will be used, that will most probably not work with 10.13 checks).

The values you pass can be grabbed from Clover source code directly, or from a real mac SMBios (I took mine from a real MacPro5,1 SMBIOS dump).

The values that Clover is using should be inside 'Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c' is I am not mistaken...

Once this is done, the "famous firmware verification error" at stage 2 will be gone (yeah!).

Regarding the OSInstall.mpkg is damaged error, this has usually 2 different origins:

- either you are booting with your own generated kernelcache and it is missing several kexts (From my experience, the /S/L/E in BaseSystem is NOT complete, and is missing several kexts), but this is pretty rare, since normally it is crashing before starting the installer (several kexts dependancies are missing)

- or you exceeded the time limit set in the plist of the 'macOS Install Data' folder (I think Pike blogged about this some month ago)

And last but not least: Don't forget to manually patch the plist files in 'macOS Install Data' folder BEFORE stage 2, otherwise there is a damn high chance that macOS installer will automatically convert the destination partition to APFS, making it invisible for Enoch.

Here SMBIOS

[...]

EDIT ****

I do not know who scored my serial number with XXX 

Please check my post above... I would strongly suggest adding the SMfirmwarefeatures and SMfirmwarefeaturesmask keys.

In your case, the correct values should be 

SMfirmwarefeatures = 0xE00FE137

SMfirmwarefeaturesmask = 0xFF1FFF3F

(again convert it to decimal before putting it in smbios.plist :P )