Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Pre-packed PKG are available in the download section.

Chameleon --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-24-svn/

Enoch --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Note: those revision are exactly the same version that you can build by yourself, done by downloading and build it with the source code from official svn repository.

Note2: Chameleon support all OS X version from 10.5 to 10.12  (Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra included!)..

(other functionality ...like patching on-fly are only available for Enoch)

Note3: Enoch support all the OS X version (until Sierra) and also can patch: kernel and kexts on-fly, also Enoch have an embedded FakeSMC.kext (in the case you missed it ;)) and iMessage FaceTime feature are available thanks to new module FileNVRAM (still under test)

all these changes and credits go to Micky1979.

ErmaC

(Just test & report):

Glad to know that Chameleon r2877 still supported the classic one (Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8) both with 32-bit & 64-bit arch on my mach.  :yes:

Thanks again.  :D

Chameleon-r2877-i386-10.6.8.txt

Chameleon-r2877-x86_64-10.6.8.txt

• Like 1

Your old FileNVRAM module comes from?

P.S. you can use those directories to store kexts for different OSes:

Extra/Extensions/Common

Extra/Extensions/10.12

Extra/Extensions/10.11

Extra/Extensions/10.10

Extra/Extensions/10.9

etc..

This using only one Extra folder on the boot partition (the one where the boot file is installed)

Just updated to the latest enoch r2877 and for some reason my system wont boot anymore. Using this on my AMD machine. Im seeing it get stuck at "Kext Patcher Started" Yet i dont have any kext.plist setup? Im sure im doing something wrong. Could anymore lead me in the right direction??

Extra.zip

post-1420666-0-06422100-1491173711_thumb.jpg

type SkipKextsPatcher=Yes

use this Extra folder, and ensure you are using Enoch (not Chameleon)

You the Man! Booted right up. But my nvidia web drivers dont seem to be loading? 

• Like 1

I'v updated my last post, look at the attached Extra folder. So if the problem is the kexts patcher (you have a modded kernel) also add SkipKextsPatcher=Yes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist

Tell me if the nvram show up

• Like 1

I'v updated my last post, look at the attached Extra folder. So if the problem is the kexts patcher (you have a modded kernel) also add SkipKextsPatcher=Yes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist

Tell me if the nvram show up

Tried the new Extra folder, cleared all caches, still a no go for the nvidia drivers

Micky1979:

Thanks for this Enoch r2877 which has solved previous NvidiaWebDriver issue in 10.12.x.

However its KextsPatcher function seems not working for IONVMeFamily in my Z87 hackintosh.

Maybe I have some errors in my kexts.plist.

Could you take a look and help me fixing it ?

The boot log for Ench_2877,  Clover_4035 (IONVMeFamily working by Clover bootloader) and kexts.plist are attached below.

Enoch_2877.zip

Clover_4035.zip

kexts.plist.zip

I've removed the attachement (was containing your MLB/ROM). 

Now do this:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 

..and reboot

That got it :) Took a few reboots but its sticking now! Awesome work! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Many thanks..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That got it :) Took a few reboots but its sticking now! Awesome work! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Many thanks..

What exactly was done? Apparently my GT 430 now needs web drivers since Sierra. Cant get them to load though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What exactly was done? Apparently my GT 430 now needs web drivers since Sierra. Cant get them to load though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If what u mean is WindowServer crash on login screen, it' s just same problem with GT520M & 610 (GF119), but.. I got it to work after updated to 10.12.5 Beta 2 (16F54b).

Recently using Web Driver 378.05.05.05f01 also work with ton of bugs tough.. here's my post  :)  yeah, I know that GT 430 is based on GF108 which is different tech.

If what u mean is WindowServer crash on login screen, it' s just same problem with GT520M & 610 (GF119), but.. I got it to work after updated to 10.12.5 Beta 2 (16F54b).

Recently using Web Driver 378.05.05.05f01 also work with ton of bugs tough.. here's my post  :)  yeah, I know that GT 430 is based on GF108 which is different tech.

It'll boot with nv_disable=1 and if I use Clover the web drivers load but it's all glitchy. This is a screenshot from the System Information, http://i.imgur.com/eMXewch.png

The desktop background also doesn't load. This is on 10.12.4. Not sure about 10.12.5 as I'm on an AMD CPU.

• Like 1

It'll boot with nv_disable=1 and if I use Clover the web drivers load but it's all glitchy. This is a screenshot from the System Information, http://i.imgur.com/eMXewch.png

The desktop background also doesn't load. This is on 10.12.4. Not sure about 10.12.5 as I'm on an AMD CPU.

Hmmb... on my friend's Desktop PC with Intel Core 2 Duo, GT 430 also hang after login screen. On /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports it shown that WindowServer crashes CoreDisplay (seems solved after 10.12.5 Beta 2). He, then use 10.12.3's CoreDisplay binary located on /S/L/Frameworks to be used on 10.12.4.. and it works, w/o NightShift for sure, and non-native display reso caused system hang...  :lol: idk about AMD mach..

post-826765-0-50490400-1492177852_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've removed the attachement (was containing your MLB/ROM). 

Now do this:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 

..and reboot

hi micky .could u tell me how can i use webdriver in 10.12.4?i have an amd pc and i typed sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 the rebooted .it didnt work and i saw the nvda_drv=1 disappeared at NVRAM which means it wasnt saved at nvram . should i add the fileNVRAM moudule? thaks for your reply 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for report only; Enoch rev.2883 boots my system successfully with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Beta (16G8c) and OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1602).  :yes:

IDK here's the right place or not, but I still get a not working PS2 TrackPad (ELAN: ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0101) np for KB, both using EmlyDinesh's ApplePS2SmartTouchpad (and also Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller). A little bit confusing me, since it works OOTB with Clover; also got no report about dependency problem while on verbose mode. So, I attached both ioreg(s) below and I appreciate ur helps. << Mach specs is exactly same on my signature.

Again, thanks for ur great progress @ErmaC & Others.  :)

Extra-A43SJ.zip

Enoch-rev.2883-bootlog.txt

My_MBP_10.12.6_(Enoch-r2883).ioreg.zip

My_MBP_10.11.6_(Clover-r4077).ioreg.zip

post-826765-0-99846500-1495589794_thumb.png

• Like 1

good.

Hi Chris. You confirm what I said: not bootloader related, plus  the "boot" file is not what we were talking about, that is the easy part and also Carbon Copy Cloner is able to backup it (since is only a file on the filesystem)..

so you have to re-write the partition boot sector and the mbr. That was the problem, and they cannot be transplanted on any other disk w/o destroy the existing partition map on the destination:

in fact you can use dd (see man dd), to make a clone of any disk (to restore the backup you have to destroy everythings..) but the disk will be bootable also.

and If you are able to boot into single user mode, why not log-in instead and reinstall it with the package installer that is more easy?

Sorry for the noise.

--Chris

What does bdmesg tells you?

For me the kextpatcher works (AppleRTC, ...)

[ KERNEL PATCHER START ]

Will patch for 15.6.0 kernel version compatible.

KernelBooter_kexts state:  enabled!

KernelPm           state: disabled!

KernelLapicError   state: disabled!

KernelLapicVersion state: disabled!

KernelHaswell      state: disabled!

KernelcpuFamily    state: disabled!

KernelSSE3         state: disabled!

- Searching for booter extensions pattern:

Found El Capitan SIP pattern: patched!

Found EL Capitan EXT pattern: patched!

2 substitution(s) made.

Kernel patcher: end!

[ KEXTS PATCHER START ]

Patching IOAHCIBlockStorage (trim enabler SATA): 1 substitutions made!

Patching AppleRTC: 1 substitutions made!

Patching AppleAHCIPort (orange icon fix): 3 substitutions made!

Kexts patcher: end!

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I found no indication; so here goes...

Is it remotely possible to run the Chameleon installer from the / a (Mavericks installer) USB stick, that's already had Chameleon installed to it?

IOW I've already created a "Vanilla" Mavericks USB install drive, installed Chameleon on it. But would like to run the Chameleon install app from within the Mac installer, in order to install it to the Target disk. It'd also be a huge plus, if the same were possible for the Chameleon Wizard.

Thanks!

--Chris