Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

kozlek

1,214 posts in this topic

r487 has a graphical glitch in booter's boothelp, somewhere on top of smbios entries documentation. No idea if it is exactly r487 but at least noticed with it.

Good spot Ingram :)

The problem should be fixed now - Commit 492

Also, @iFabio - your last installer package didn't have the latest device icons for the default (non-embedded) theme with revised shadows from commit 475. These were changed to have cleaner shadows to make it easier to change the theme's background colour in the theme.plist. Can you add those to your next release?

Good spot Ingram :)

The problem should be fixed now - Commit 492

Also, @iFabio - your last installer package didn't have the latest device icons for the default (non-embedded) theme with revised shadows from commit 475. These were changed to have cleaner shadows to make it easier to change the theme's background colour in the theme.plist. Can you add those to your next release?

Sure!

blackosx can you post here the 3 text to add into the first option?

(The same present into the picture...) Done!

THX

Fabio

And it would be nice to offer a ZIP archive for power users which only contains the "boot"-file. I do not want to go through the hole install process only to upgrade my bootloader.

Sometimes you have to. The other files get updated as well.

Besides, real "power users" have xcode installed and compile their own binaries from svn. They don't sit on their hands waiting for someone to "offer a zip archive".

There should be a file in which the users can define the P-states on their own. That would even make undervolting possible.

That's what the SSDT override is for.

I open a new topic for talk about package installer to prevent off-topic here.

Hi Fabio - this is a good idea and I'll see you there.

But let's not forget the great contribution by MaLd0n with his quick response to updates in his installer. MaLd0n might still post his installer here or if anyone's interested he also posted them in his portuguese Chameleon installer thread.

Hi Fabio - this is a good idea and I'll see you there.

But let's not forget the great contribution by MaLd0n with his quick response to updates in his installer. MaLd0n might still post his installer here or if anyone's interested he also posted them in his portuguese Chameleon installer thread.

Blackosx Hello!

You're right! The idea to open another topic, is not to detract from the excellent MaLd0n work.

He has done and is doing a wonderful job!

The reason is mainly to give opportunities and improve the installer by adding the same features present in the official release. (maybe we can try also fo fix re-edit the official..)

Soon I will post the project files and scripts used.

I hope interested users can help/contribute to improving it and find any errors/improvements.

I do that for hobbyes and fun :)

Fabio

Hi kdawg, I think a couple of other posts in this thread had similar reports. Can you look back to see the suggested solutions / troubleshooting if any?

The reason is mainly to give opportunities and improve the installer by adding the same features present in the official release. (maybe we can try also fo fix re-edit the official..)

Soon I will post the project files and scripts used.

I hope interested users can help/contribute to improving it and find any errors/improvements.

I do that for hobbyes and fun :thumbsup_anim:

I am sure the package, scripts etc. will be welcome in this thread at voodooproject's forum :)

Hello et thank you for this excelent job.

I just tried and is working well I believe, but my proc is show now 2 Ghz and not 3Ghz (E8400) in Geekbench 64 and the score is 3300 only. Before it was 4664.

Try disabling P states, leave C states only.

I have the same problem with Geekbench on my other computer.

He's not using the smbios.plist I made and uploaded for him earlier.

That was a waste of time apparently, I guess I'm a fool for trying to help people. I'll make sure to be less helpful in the future.

He has this in his smbios.plist:

Screen_shot_2010_09_05_at_6.51.28_PM.png

960/4 = 240.

Here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1541530

I've polished your Mac Pro smbios.plist a bit, added more Mac Pro DMI data, and removed redundant memory and bus speed settings - Chameleon 2.0 RC5 takes care of that now.

Right then..sorry for assuming things above. Still..this just keeps getting weirder all the time.

Are you sure you don't have another /Extra folder somewhere?

It's seems to be more than a coincidence how the bus speed override you had in your old smbios.plist is a perfect match with the wrong memory speed reported by Chameleon - 240*4=960.

I have a 9500GT 512MB and it works great after everything boots up,

but is it normal that it gets recognized as 14MB at Chameleon prompt?

dscf1279h.jpg

Tbh i can't remember if it was displayed correctly in previous versions... :rolleyes: