10.4.7 Update

SemjaZa

167 posts in this topic

This is NOT the version of the kernel !!!! Semjaza's release does NOT contain a new kernel. The kernel develpoment is still stuck with kernels .5 and .6. We all (on hackintoshes) are still running kernel 10.4.4 (or below) as cracked by Maxxuss.

extract from Semjaza's readme.rtf:

ONLY if you plan to run Apple's official 10.4.7 updater:

sudo cp /mach_kernel /backup_1046 # backs up the old kernel

[run Apple's updater etc.pp.]

sudo mv /backup_1046/mach_kernel /mach_kernel # puts your old backed up kernel back in place

You're not saying you are running a unpatched 10.4.7 kernel with your hackintosh, are you .. :) ??

No, of course not :) In fact I'm not saying anything other than I am new to OSX, and I just wanted to know if I've done the right things for the decrypts.

Well, I have my Hackintosh fully functional with the exception of the PC Card slot not working, but that is no big deal I'll work on a driver hack for that. Here is a screen shot of my system with the 10.4.7 Patch installed. If anyone wants to know how I fixed some of my problems send me a PM I'll get back to you. If anyone does have thier PC Card slot working I would like to know what you did to fix it. I have the TI BusCard 1211 Controler I think.

Well, I have my Hackintosh fully functional with the exception of the PC Card slot not working, but that is no big deal I'll work on a driver hack for that. Here is a screen shot of my system with the 10.4.7 Patch installed. If anyone wants to know how I fixed some of my problems send me a PM I'll get back to you. If anyone does have thier PC Card slot working I would like to know what you did to fix it. I have the TI BusCard 1211 Controler I think.Al__s_Computer.tiff

Sorry about the double quote, don't know what happened

Just installed on two Intel systems and everything is working without any problems :angel:

Huge thanks to Semjaza..you're the man!! :)

Btw, how is it going with the kernel adaptation thing? :gun:

What are the differences between this release and Jas' 10.4.7 updater?

Explanation is in the first page by the Man himself :angel:

Okay... can I update to 10.4.7 straight from 10.4.5 with the Apple combo updater, and replace all decrypted files? Will that work? I really don't want to burn another dvd, install it, just to run an updater immediately afterward.

Yes. Also can also update from 10.4.4. As long as you are using the combo Intel update. Don't make a mistake and use the PPC combo update!

Hi all

Somebody can help me because i can't install the famous replace.sh i installed 4 times macos 10.4.6 (format) i lost my hairs....

i have this message error when i put sudo ./replace.sh in my terminal

*****ERROR -cannot find file to copy:decrypted /translate! ******

i have all files in my desktop and i installed 10.4.7 with pacifist and i did all backup of my extensions

What is exactly i must put in the terminal

THX A LOTS

10.4.6 jas intel with sse3 natively

The instructions say you have to cd to the same directory as the replace.sh. The reason is that the script reads the path and appends it to the files when it copies and if you aren't in the correct directory, it doesn't append the correct path for the files.

Maybe you should go to your desktop directory in terminal before you type "sudo ./replace.sh".

Bruce

ok thx bruce it works now i 'm stupid i was in a wrong directory thx a lots guuys for your help

I can't say why people are having problems cause I still can't find the update.

I also can't believe that no one has seeded this thing via torrent so that the rest of us poor soles can actually obtain a copy cause rapidshare doesn't work for some of us.

A new 10.4.7 Install DVD with some added install options is about ready to seed however my only delay is finishing the 10.4.7 update combo because I can't find the new files.

Well, I tried the semjaza homepage and the links but rapidshare and whatever else shut 'em down. Somebody should seed it to demonoid.

joneSi

It's seeding to demonoid from my system right now! So, search, get the torrent and leech....

I have a question to all that have installed it. If you have 10.4.6 Goatsecx's image installed, do you just follow Semjaza's instructions in the file (i.e. install 10.4.7 update from Apple using Pacifist and following the other instructions) to get 10.4.7?

And i'm a little confused about the decrypted files. Is this the entire 10.4.7 decypted (without the kexts of course)? And what is up with different versions of kernels? I'm truly lost.

Thanks for explaining someone. Cheers

You need jas update 10.4.7 before install this patch otherwise it won't work

because the method with update 10.4.7 from apple and pacifist didn't work with 10.4.6 jas dvd i dunno why????

so i formated reinstalled 10.4.6 jas DVD and jas update 10.4.7 and replace.sh 10.4.7 decrypted and last security update

Now everything works .....

cheers