10.4.7 Update

SemjaZa

167 posts in this topic

Hi there. Many thanks for Sem, Myz, JaS and all the people doing an excellent job- or Thanks to All the Harworking Guys out Making every update Possible.

This is a request to all of you, and please don't take it badly - I know that what you do is already much more than enough.

Would it be possible to assemble an install DVD (say, starting form 10.4.6) that does the Jas update and SemjaZa's too, automatically? I know it's not rocket science, but all this cumulative update process makes it a bit daunting for us non-whizzs!

What I mean is, for previous versions the install in my case (after partitioning) was really pop the dvd and that's it. Given that 10.5 is just around the corner, it's unlikely that a new version will come out. Wouldn't it be nice to have the ultimate Hackintosh DVD? Just my $.02

thanks again

Semjaza and any other that may know what happen.

I updated with your process but when I restarted ran into the following problem:

osx boots all the way to the gui but instead of a gui I get a black screen. Did I miss a step? How can I do restoration part from single user mode? Thank for your help!!

Are you in intel or amd ? From what version did you do the upgrade ?

Intel PIV 3.0 Ghz SSE3 No PAE

Gigabyte intel based mobo 965

ATI 9550 Callisto v7

10.4.6 from Jas DVD

Had previously used JAS patch to 10.4.7

I tried reinstalling OsX from JAS dvd as I have done many times in the past but the keep getting the same results. Tried fixing permissions, deleted callisto kexts. I think that it might be the frameworks, maybe a new one or something. Oh well, it's being three days and I'm starting to get desperate.

Semjaza and any other that may know what happen.

I updated with your process but when I restarted ran into the following problem:

osx boots all the way to the gui but instead of a gui I get a black screen. Did I miss a step? How can I do restoration part from single user mode? Thank for your help!!

I had the same problem and here's what worked for me:

Shutdown

Boot using Safe Mode (-x) at the boot prompt

(Hit f8 to get boot prompt before gray apple screen appears)

Run 10.4.7 Security Update (2006-004) from Apple Updates

Repair Permissions

Reboot

My machine became usuable once again.

Hope this helps.

Intel PIV 3.0 Ghz SSE3 No PAE

Gigabyte intel based mobo 965

ATI 9550 Callisto v7

10.4.6 from Jas DVD

Had previously used JAS patch to 10.4.7

I tried reinstalling OsX from JAS dvd as I have done many times in the past but the keep getting the same results. Tried fixing permissions, deleted callisto kexts. I think that it might be the frameworks, maybe a new one or something. Oh well, it's being three days and I'm starting to get desperate.

If so, then I suggest after you make you 10.4.7 running again by updating newest security update, next time you wanna apply semjaza decrypts you don't have to do the whole procedures, just execute sudo ./replace.sh

If so, then I suggest after you make you 10.4.7 running again by updating newest security update, next time you wanna apply semjaza decrypts you don't have to do the whole procedures, just execute sudo ./replace.sh

I'm sorry, maybe somebody asked this before, but I already have 10.4.7 installed without any problems. What's the advantage of applying the semjaza decrypts? And also, when I try to install it it gives me the following message: sudo: ./replace.sh: command not found, why?

Ok, got it. Sorry for being such noob beotch! LOL. I just realize Terminal is just like DOS! I forgot to do the CD thingy! Now, what about the other commands mentioned in the READ ME file? Do i know to execute those too?

I had the same problem and here's what worked for me:

Shutdown

Boot using Safe Mode (-x) at the boot prompt

(Hit f8 to get boot prompt before gray apple screen appears)

Run 10.4.7 Security Update (2006-004) from Apple Updates

Repair Permissions

Reboot

My machine became usuable once again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip but it didn't work.

I tried replacing all the files from the backup made during the Semjaza process by hand. The result was that the system would boot up to the login screen (I have autologin installed) then jumped into a blue screen with a spinner on it (like when you restart) and then I ended up on a darwin login screen. I could enter my username and password but nothing else. The only command that did something was mount.

Then I decided to install 10.4.6 again and that gave me a blue screen with the cursor nothing else.

I don't have an extra hard drive (wish I had the money). A long while back someone said that he was able to save his documents, files and setting by deleting everything from the HD except for the User's folders and then installing over it. Has anybody done this successfully? If that works I can keep all of my wife's settings (she hasn't forgiven me for messing up the system) :blink:

Thanks to everyone for the hints.

Does anyone know if how I can update my great fully working 10.4.4 to 10.4.7?

Do I need to do this in steps? Like 10.4.4 -> 10.4.6 -> 10.4.7 ??

Has anyone got experiance with this?

I can't see through the trees the forrest...

(Dutch saying :pirate2: )

Well I seem to be having the same problem as Velayo. After installing the 10.4.7 update and rebooting it goes through the startup bar and then instead of going to the login window it goes to the Darwin console. From here I'm not exactly sure how to proceed (and tired to boot!).

I've tried starting in both normal and safe mode, both with the same results (so I can't try to update to the 2006-004 security patch and repair permissions). I'm also trying fsck as a last idea before calling it a night. Edit: That didn't work either

Any ideas? What else to try?

Ben

Well I seem to be having the same problem as Velayo. After installing the 10.4.7 update and rebooting it goes through the startup bar and then instead of going to the login window it goes to the Darwin console. From here I'm not exactly sure how to proceed (and tired to boot!).

I've tried starting in both normal and safe mode, both with the same results (so I can't try to update to the 2006-004 security patch and repair permissions). I'm also trying fsck as a last idea before calling it a night. Edit: That didn't work either

Any ideas? What else to try?

Ben

I ran out of ideas myself, except for deleting everything from the partition except the user folders. Haven't tried that yet 'cause I'm afraid I wont work but its been a week almost and no one has given me any fresh ideas, so I might do it tonight after work.

Velayo,

Have you tried simply typing "exit" when you get to the console (after logging in)? According to an OS X tutorial about the console that I'm reading, the standard way to exit (get back to the GUI) is by typing "exit".

I'll try it when I get home tonight,

Ben

Edit: I also found this page Apple Developer Docs which disusses how the boot process works. This seems to imply that if the cache is corrupted (or out of date), then /System/Library/Extensions is searched for the proper BootX option. In 10.4, the process responsible for launching the loginwindow is also correlated to this. Without loginwindow, this might be the default.

I'd also suggest trying 'loginwindow' to see if that brings up the GUI. I'd also look in /Library/Logs/Console/<uid>/console.log which supposedly will have a log file of any stderr that occured. I think this problem is quite fixable after reading through these pages.

Ben

Does anyone know if how I can update my great fully working 10.4.4 to 10.4.7?

Do I need to do this in steps? Like 10.4.4 -> 10.4.6 -> 10.4.7 ??

Has anyone got experiance with this?

I can't see through the trees the forrest...

(Dutch saying :hysterical: )

There's a thread in this forum about how to update from 4.4 to 4.7, use the search :)

there's a thread about this, it's safe :(, I downloaded from apple update and install it, works like a charm

thx! than i will try it now!

Edit: But why is your machine running with the jas 10.4.7 update (and SemjaZa 10.4.7 decrypted binaries) when you have download and installed the apple update?

there's a thread about this, it's safe :(, I downloaded from apple update and install it, works like a charm

I think he really meant the Security Update is safe to download and install on Intel

After I did the official apple update my machine wouldn't boot, I figured it was because I am running AMD.

The 10.4.7 Update is not safe to download and install without patches. It will hose your machine.

I think he really meant the Security Update is safe to download and install on Intel

The 10.4.7 Update is not safe to download and install without patches. It will hose your machine.

Right, you should use the Demonoid's 10.4.7 update cos it's already patched.

I finally managed to upgrade my Jas OS X 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 using Semjaza 10.4.7 and following the readme instructions :D .

Been running it for over an hour without detecting any thing major breaking down except the hardware overview info. is missing :) .

In my System Profiler,the hardware overview info. is missing and instead there is an error message "There was an error while gathering this information"

Tried reboot but encountered same problem.

Anyone experiencing similar problem on Semjaza 10.4.7 upgrade?

Any advise as how to correct the problem?

My System:

P4 3.0E /Asus P4P800SE / Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Mb /

Thanks

I got this problem too. how was it solved?

Finished installing the 10.4.7 updates and it seems like I've run into absolutely no problems.

Great news but when looking at the Software Update list, it seems like Apple released another update:

'Security Update 2006-004 Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel)'

Hope Semjaza's working on this lol :D

Finished installing the 10.4.7 updates and it seems like I've run into absolutely no problems.

Great news but when looking at the Software Update list, it seems like Apple released another update:

'Security Update 2006-004 Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel)'

Hope Semjaza's working on this lol :D

The Security update has been proven to be safe to install on Intel machines with no problems.

I finally managed to upgrade my Jas OS X 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 using Semjaza 10.4.7 and following the readme instructions :pirate2: .

Been running it for over an hour without detecting any thing major breaking down except the hardware overview info. is missing :) .

In my System Profiler,the hardware overview info. is missing and instead there is an error message "There was an error while gathering this information"

Tried reboot but encountered same problem.

Anyone experiencing similar problem on Semjaza 10.4.7 upgrade?

Any advise as how to correct the problem?

My System:

P4 3.0E /Asus P4P800SE / Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Mb /

Thanks

solved:)

actually, I checked the Jas 10.47 updater and Semjaza 10.4.7, 99% of them are the same:) except of course one used the old and one used the new decrypted semjaza files, but in Jas10.4.7 he take off the systemprofiler package away, and in Semjaza's method, we suppose to choose "all" and installed. so ...luckly, I have an USB drive with MAC os on, and updated to Jas4.7 only, so I just copied the SPPlateformReporter.spreporter to back. and reboot.:P