10.4.7 Update

SemjaZa

167 posts in this topic

i already have jas.10.4.7.update.(intel).pkg installed from a few weeks ago so i try to do the sudo ./replace.sh command and i get this error message, and yes I cd'd to the right directory.

sudo: ./replace.sh: command not found

I'm really not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably just doing something stupid.

There are 2 parts to the 10.4.7 update.

1) JaS (Intel) or Myzar (AMD)

2) SemzaJa for the decrypted files.

I d/l this update on demonoid...I already have JaS 10.4.7 installed and I'm on Intel, should I just execute replace.sh to replace all decrypted files ? Should I make backup first of files that to be replaced by replace.sh ?

Thanks

I d/l this update on demonoid...I already have JaS 10.4.7 installed and I'm on Intel, should I just execute replace.sh to replace all decrypted files ? Should I make backup first of files that to be replaced by replace.sh ?

Thanks

First read the directions, there are more things to do than just run the replace.sh. But the replace.sh makes backup copies.

The instructions say you must cd to the directory containing the updater.

If it is on your desktop, then you would:

cd ~/Desktop/10.4.7_Semjaza

I did that and I'm still getting the same error.

sudo: ./replace.sh: No such file or directory

I know I'm in the right directory but its just not working.

First read the directions, there are more things to do than just run the replace.sh. But the replace.sh makes backup copies.

I have downloaded 10.4.7_Semjaza from Demonoid and installed replace.sh (Terminal>./replace.sh). There is no instructions on howto in the 10.4.7_Semjaza folder (10.4.7_update_patches.txt, decrypted file, patcher,replace.sh).

Would appreciate if you can provide detail instructions as what more things to do than installing replace.sh and what is the purpose of the 10.4.7_update_patches.txt file.

Kernel Version still showing 8.6.1 after installing replace.sh. What other files to check to confirm all necessary changes have taken place?

Thanks for your help.

10.4.7 decrpyts are done. package is intel and amd nice.

read the readme.rtf

follow dirs

you can find at your local hackintosh forum

I have dowloaded 10.4.7_semjaza from Demonoid. However can't find readme.rtf in the folder. It only contain 10.4.7_update_patches.txt,decrypted,patcher & replace.sh.

Would appreciate if you can pm me the readme.rtf file.

Thanks

Thanks Rammjet, but I already has JaS 10.4.7 installed, someone told me that I don't have to install the other things, just do the replace.sh. Do I also need to repair permissions and update_prebinding ?

Thanks

10.4.7 Running Perfect Here, Patching with Sem 10.4.7 files after running 10.4.7Intel/AMD update found in normal places. When i did it previously without Sem's files most apps broke.

I just run these two from instructions and all is good, Thanks to All the Harworking Guys out Making every update Possible. :P

sudo ./replace.sh

sudo ./patcher 10.4.7_update_patches.txt

Any News on the 2660-004 intel update for AMD

10.4.7 Running Perfect Here, Patching with Sem 10.4.7 files after running 10.4.7Intel/AMD update found in normal places. When i did it previously without Sem's files most apps broke.

I just run these two from instructions and all is good, Thanks to All the Harworking Guys out Making every update Possible. :P

sudo ./replace.sh

Any News on the 2660-004 intel update for AMD

you can use apple one without any patching

edit my bad there are a bunch of cpuid in bom and launchservices

I have dowloaded 10.4.7_semjaza from Demonoid. However can't find readme.rtf in the folder. It only contain 10.4.7_update_patches.txt,decrypted,patcher & replace.sh.

Would appreciate if you can pm me the readme.rtf file.

Thanks

Here are the instructions from the original SemjaZa package:

Semjaza 10.4.7 Update

This is for updating from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7. All commands typed in terminal are in bold!

1. First one must make backups of certain files. Issue following commands.

sudo mkdir /backup_1046

sudo cp /mach_kernel /backup_1046

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*.plist /backup_1046

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /backup_1046

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /backup_1046

2. Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg file. Select everything and install it.

3. Run replace.sh so it replaces crucial encrypted system files. This command only works if you are in the working directory of the patch!

sudo ./replace.sh

3. If you are on a AMD system you must patch files that the update installed. Run the following command! AMD ONLY

4. Replace kernel with old one.

sudo mv /backup_1046/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

5. Replace Kernel Framework!

sudo cp /backup_1046/*.plist /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

6. Replace Extensions.

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_1047

sudo cp -R /backup_1046/Extensions /System/Library

7. Replace OpenGL.framework

sudo mv /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework_1047

sudo cp -R /backup_1046/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks

8. Reboot and enjoy!

Enjoy!

sudo: ./replace.sh <<< No ":" needed.

Bruce

I didn't put the ":" in the actual command itself, that was the error that i got back when typing sudo ./replace.sh.

By looking at the replace.sh file in texteditor, u can see exactly which files are getting replaced. Is it worth it to try manually since I've had absolutely no luck with running the replace.sh file or will I mess something up if i do it that way.

Thanks for seeding to Demonoid. Greatly appreciated. I'll grab that when I get a chance.

Also, I do recall that it was possible to use the terminal and hdutil via OSX to make your own dmg/img/iso with your own drivers. If thats the case, I may be able to provide info as to how to patch a bootable dvd (I'm sure somebody with more knowledge can let us know if it is possible) so that SATA works on boot. I've got an Intel 915gag board and a celeron D running 10.4.7 via SATA with a SATA burner and it is flawless. It boots in about 20 seconds. LOL, windows takes 30+. Now I want my new AMD 64 setup to work. Sort of a project for me.

joneSi

edit: Whoops. The command was hdiutil My bad :)

Ok, so I found a good man page for the command (thanks apple :) ) the command is...

hdiutil convert {image.dmg/img/iso} -UDRW -o {newfilename.dmg/img/iso}

I've realized now this has probably been covered here. I'll scour around a little to see if I can find it. I guess you guys likely know all this already.

joneSi

This is so strange. I must have done something wrong.

I followed the instructions from the original SemjaZa package (post above) and now when I rebooted my machine it doesnt work.

What happens is:

I get to the blue screen where you can se the mouse pointer, and just when the loginwindow is about to show up I get thrown back to the log in screen in console mode.

First I suspected the MacVidia driver, but it doesn't seams to be the problem. (Same problem without the driver)

Is there anyone who has any idea what I could have done wrong :blink:

But i do have a AMD cpu.

I dl this 10.4.7 package from the same site as SemjaZa's package and installed it using Pacifist, maby I should have used the Jas version from TPB as most of you guys did.

Is it possible to install a .pkg file from the terminal?

Here are the instructions from the original SemjaZa package:

Semjaza 10.4.7 Update

This is for updating from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7. All commands typed in terminal are in bold!

1. First one must make backups of certain files. Issue following commands.

sudo mkdir /backup_1046

sudo cp /mach_kernel /backup_1046

sudo cp /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Resources/*.plist /backup_1046

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /backup_1046

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /backup_1046

2. Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg file. Select everything and install it.

3. Run replace.sh so it replaces crucial encrypted system files. This command only works if you are in the working directory of the patch!

sudo ./replace.sh

3. If you are on a AMD system you must patch files that the update installed. Run the following command! AMD ONLY

4. Replace kernel with old one.

sudo mv /backup_1046/mach_kernel /mach_kernel

5. Replace Kernel Framework!

sudo cp /backup_1046/*.plist /System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

6. Replace Extensions.

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_1047

sudo cp -R /backup_1046/Extensions /System/Library

7. Replace OpenGL.framework

sudo mv /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework_1047

sudo cp -R /backup_1046/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks

8. Reboot and enjoy!

Enjoy!

I finally managed to upgrade my Jas OS X 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 using Semjaza 10.4.7 and following the readme instructions :D .

Been running it for over an hour without detecting any thing major breaking down except the hardware overview info. is missing :) .

In my System Profiler,the hardware overview info. is missing and instead there is an error message "There was an error while gathering this information"

Tried reboot but encountered same problem.

Anyone experiencing similar problem on Semjaza 10.4.7 upgrade?

Any advise as how to correct the problem?

My System:

P4 3.0E /Asus P4P800SE / Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Mb /

Thanks

just execute sudo ./replace.sh from where you store the SemjaZa's, and then restart

thnx man, not i'm understand what the full instructions is for them, who have 10.4.6 system

my english not good enough :)