10.4.7 Update

SemjaZa

167 posts in this topic

I got this problem too. how was it solved?

I didn't manage to get a solution ;) . Just live with it.

I will try out your solution of replacing the SPPlatformReporter.SPrepoter folder with the one from Jas 10.4.7 upgrade. Hope it will work.

Sorry for the belated response.

I didn't manage to get a solution :thumbsdown_anim: . Just live with it.

I will try out your solution of replacing the SPPlatformReporter.SPrepoter folder with the one from Jas 10.4.7 upgrade. Hope it will work.

Sorry for the belated response.

Thanks Flow for your advise. It works like a charm. Hardware overview is back showing.

In need of advice:

1. When using Pacifist with Jas 10.4.7 update, it asks me if I want to update or replace *.app 's

What do I choose update or replace?

2. Do I need to use Pacifist to install the Jas 10.4.7 update?

Problem so far: everytime I use Pacifist (either replace or update), or direct installing by running the pkg file, the installation either breaks, or leads to a blue screen, so I do not get a chance to run Semjaza's decrypts....

Help appreciated.

Using Vmware 5.5 on top of a Pentium IV, 3 GHz, 1.5 GB Ram, 256MB VRam, w/sse3

Thanks.

Hi StarForge,

Thanks for advice.

I am just fooling around with this. Because I got 10.4.7 installed on vmware using Jas 10.4.7 dvd as upgrade to Jas 10.4.6 dvd...

I just, out of curiosity, wanted to see how it updated using the Jas combo update, but it does not seem to want to, on vmware anyways...

What I like about vmware is u can take snapshots and if it does not work, you can revert back, so it saves time...

I already have a real mac, so it is unlikely i will consider upgrading my PC, I tried dual boot and I hosed my hard disk before :)

Cheers

No bother, Jas 10.4.7 update does not work with vmware from 10.4.6...

Tried evry combination, including pacifist and semjaza decrypt. What I get is blue screen with spinning o for ever...

But could install Jad DVD 10.4.6, then upgraded with Jas DVD 10.4.7, and recently used the smb/file sharing fix... ;)

will the update work for AMD CPUs? I'm reading some confusion over the matter, just want to carify. Thanks.

The 10.4.7 update comes in 2 parts:

1) JaS issued an update for Intel and Myzar issued an update for AMD. But these included the decrypted files from 10.4.6 while waiting for the 10.4.7 encrypted files to be decrypted.

2) SemjaZa decrypted the encrypted files from 10.4.7 and issued a package that works for both AMD and Intel.

So, for a "complete" 10.4.7 update, you need 1 of the packages from 1) and the package from 2).

So does 10.4.7 not work with Athlon XP's? I'm running Athlon XP 2400+, 1 Gig of RAM. Whenever I try to start the install, it says that "The CPU was disabled by the guest computer."

Is there anyway to fix this error, or even install it on this computer? Thanks for all the help.

@DGNeo: Your CPU needs at least sse2 instructions.

So, for a "complete" 10.4.7 update, you need 1 of the packages from 1) and the package from 2).
So he'll need Myzar's 10.4.7 amd update + semj's 10.4.7 decrypts. Ok, I thought apple's 10.4.7 + semj's 10.4.7 decrypts were enough.

My bad, sorry SH, i'll correct in the other thread.

Whenever I try to start the install, it says that "The CPU was disabled by the guest computer."

Again, you are installing through VMware. That is a VMware error message.

Have you tried installing it without VMware?

And as cbmkgd says, you need at least SSE2 capability. The Athlon XP 2400+ is only capable of SSE.

Okie, thanks Rammijet!

My problem that after install MAC OSX from Jas DVD 10.4.6, I apply the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)" ==> everything perfect!

Then I apply the "Semjaza 10.4.7 decrypt" and... oh my god... I cant boot in MAC OSX any more! The welcome screen hangs on boot!!!! (Still can move the mouse but waiting boot forever!) What happen? :D

Maybe I do something wrong?

I followed the "read me" file from Semjaza:

2. Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg file. Select everything and install it.

3. Run replace.sh so it replaces crucial encrypted system files. This command only works if you are in the working directory of the patch!

sudo ./replace.sh

Someone can explain extractly what I have to do (step by step) (speciality is the guide above) to apply the "Semjaza 10.4.7 decrypt" patch success?

Thank you very very very much

(Sorry for my bad English) :)

Someone can explain extractly what I have to do

- install MAC OSX from Jas DVD 10.4.6

- apply the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)"

- Run replace.sh so it replaces crucial encrypted system files. This command only works if you are in the working directory of the patch!

sudo ./replace.sh

- install MAC OSX from Jas DVD 10.4.6

- apply the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)"

- Run replace.sh so it replaces crucial encrypted system files. This command only works if you are in the working directory of the patch!

sudo ./replace.sh

Thanks for reply

So, I dont need to

Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg (Which file download from Apple official website). Select everything and install it

? Rite? Only apply the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)" then can apply the "Semjaza 10.4.7 decrypt" as soon as possible? I dont nkow how to run replace.sh , also (it display like the document format)!

When I use:

sudo ./replace.sh

Have the Mes: "comment not found"

Sorry, I really noob about MAC OS!!!

So, I dont need to
Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg (Which file download from Apple official website). Select everything and install it

? Rite? Only apply the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)" then can apply the "Semjaza 10.4.7 decrypt" as soon as possible?

That's what I said.
I dont nkow how to run replace.sh , also (it display like the document format)! When I use:

sudo ./replace.sh

Have the Mes: "comment not found"

You downloaded a file called "semjaza10_4_7.tar". Put it on your Desktop and double click it to get a folder called "semjaza10_4_7"

Go to Terminal:

Type: cd ~/Desktop/semjaza10_4_7
Type: sudo ./replace.sh
(give your password)

Okie, really thank you for taking time to help me!

Only one more question: If I don't "Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg (Which file download from Apple official website). Select everything and install it" before apply the "semjaza10_4_7", so how can I install the new kext (10.4.7) which not include in the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)" ?

Thanks so much!

Okie, really thank you for taking time to help me!

Only one more question: If I don't "Run pacifist and open the MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.pkg (Which file download from Apple official website). Select everything and install it" before apply the "semjaza10_4_7", so how can I install the new kext (10.4.7) which not include in the "JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel)" ?

Thanks so much!

You don't really need them. But if you want to play around and try to debug any problems the new kexts might create, then go ahead and use Pacifist and the Apple 10.4.7 Intel update. And best of luck.