945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

:-) nice....

must be nice to have a 945g install dvd ;-)

I'm trying to work on an ftp to store it on and make it avail :D

EDIT

BTW for those that are curious, DVD Player starts for me now, but Patch Burn 4 won't run so I can't get it to reconize my drive in DVD Player. Still nice to see it run.

I'm trying to work on an ftp to store it on and make it avail :D

EDIT

BTW for those that are curious, DVD Player starts for me now, but Patch Burn 4 won't run so I can't get it to reconize my drive in DVD Player. Still nice to see it run.

thx...good to know, was gonna build a box with a nec dvd-rw that would have needed patchburn...

guess ill go for the dvr-108...i think the 109 and 110 are less compatible...

i take it it broke after the patch...

maybe copy in the old patchburn files if the patchburn installer wont work

thx...good to know, was gonna build a box with a nec dvd-rw that would have needed patchburn...

guess ill go for the dvr-108...i think the 109 and 110 are less compatible...

i take it it broke after the patch...

maybe copy in the old patchburn files if the patchburn installer wont work

ya I'm gonna mess with options for till, maybe I can run patchburn from the install disc, cause it's something in the 10.4.3 update, I haven't read the crash log yet so not sure 100% what did it. The drive still working for burning and itunes though sooo

For those working on custom install DVDs:

The 10.4.3 DVD has updated kexts which support more components "out of the box", via the plists. Therefore less kext plists need to be edited. Example: the new AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext contains info for ICH0,2,3,4,5,6,7 and others, similar to the original Darwin plist.

Link to my findings so far

Also, just to add, I'm sure some of you already know this, but multiple copies of kexts are not required for different configurations. For example, the files that can be edited for Intel graphics:

AppleIntel915.kext

and

AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext (now called AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in 10.4.3)

Instead of:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x25828086</string>

You can use:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x00008086&0x0000ffff</string>

By using masks. this enables the kext to work with any supported graphics card with a four digit device ID.

AppleIntel915GA.plugin

You can't use masks here but can can list all the compatible device IDs here, e.g:

<dict>
	<key>80862582-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</key>
	<string>Intel915GAFactory</string>
			  <key>80862572-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</key>
	<string>Intel915GAFactory2</string>
	<key>80862592-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</key>
	<string>Intel915GAFactory3</string>
</dict>
<key>CFPlugInTypes</key>
<dict>
	<key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key>
	<array>
		<string>80862582-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</string>
					   <string>80862572-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</string>
					   <string>80862592-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff</string>
	</array>
</dict>

This way you only need one set of kexts to support all compatible Intel graphics cards. No need to create different kext packages in this case. This may not work for all kexts but it's still useful.

There's full documentation on the Darwin developer site.

hey thesin or cyrana or anyone .... i need some help please

finally got my 945g neo f mobo in but having some problems...

i've got green and pink distorted quicktime for all apple movie trailers using the QT player....

and i've got horrible stuttering sounds using the built in audio and also surprisingly from a C-Media USB thumb thing...

also restarting never finishes, gives blue screen with small black spinning sunshine emblem... only shutdown works ok.

this is with both 10.4.1 clean (release1 dvd+maxxus 0.5 antiTPM) as well as with the 10.4.3 patches atop.

both of which were updated with the 945G Chipset Kexts-10.4.1-rev 1.zip

thanks for any advice. i'd be real disappointed if it doesn't get better than this

hey thesin or cyrana or anyone .... i need some help please

finally got my 945g neo f mobo in but having some problems...

i've got green and pink distorted quicktime for all apple movie trailers using the QT player....

and i've got horrible stuttering sounds using the built in audio and also surprisingly from a C-Media USB thumb thing...

also restarting never finishes, gives blue screen with small black spinning sunshine emblem... only shutdown works ok.

this is with both 10.4.1 clean (release1 dvd+maxxus 0.5 antiTPM) as well as with the 10.4.3 patches atop.

both of which were updated with the 945G Chipset Kexts-10.4.1-rev 1.zip

thanks for any advice. i'd be real disappointed if it doesn't get better than this

a few things, one make sure you boot using -f, and as for the green tint, there is a thread on it. I think you have to force it to use OpenGL or the oposite, force it to use QE, I can't remember as I didn;t have that problem, I only got it in VLC.

thanks...

i remember something about the opengl....but i thought that preference was a VLC preferences thing not QT...

but wouldnt that turn off QE and CI...what your suggesting? if i even found it?

can you theorize why a usb c-media sound stick would have the same stuttering audio jitters as the built in audio? that makes no sense to me. each time i reboot i actually get no sound until i "activate" it by going to the Sound Preferences, checking then unchecking the Mute button. then i get sound, but with the jitters....

i am booting with -f in the com.boot preferences just to keep me in UDMA mode vs PIO else it keeps reverting back to PIO each time.

when i do and Apple>Shutdown or Apple>Reboot like I said the Reboot will never finish but the shutdown always does and REALLY fast too, like in 3 seconds and the machine is off...weird to me. But in either case I get:

Nov 7 11:39:22 shears-computer shutdown: halt by demo:

Nov 7 11:39:23 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: authentication service (290) did not complete successfully

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: The following StartupItems failed to properly start:

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: /System/Library/StartupItems/AuthServer

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: - execution of Startup script failed

what is that authserver? isnt that TPM related?

also i see these troubling things in the log:

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPIIXATA" with older/same version (1.6 -> 1.6).

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: invalid device register map

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.PioneerSuperDrive" has no kernel dependency.

Nov 7 11:40:51 localhost configd[48]: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.ATconfig load failed

thanks...

i remember something about the opengl....but i thought that preference was a VLC preferences thing not QT...

but wouldnt that turn off QE and CI...what your suggesting? if i even found it?

can you theorize why a usb c-media sound stick would have the same stuttering audio jitters as the built in audio? that makes no sense to me. each time i reboot i actually get no sound until i "activate" it by going to the Sound Preferences, checking then unchecking the Mute button. then i get sound, but with the jitters....

i am booting with -f in the com.boot preferences just to keep me in UDMA mode vs PIO else it keeps reverting back to PIO each time.

when i do and Apple>Shutdown or Apple>Reboot like I said the Reboot will never finish but the shutdown always does and REALLY fast too, like in 3 seconds and the machine is off...weird to me. But in either case I get:

Nov 7 11:39:22 shears-computer shutdown: halt by demo:

Nov 7 11:39:23 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: authentication service (290) did not complete successfully

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: The following StartupItems failed to properly start:

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: /System/Library/StartupItems/AuthServer

Nov 7 11:39:26 shears-computer SystemStarter[282]: - execution of Startup script failed

what is that authserver? isnt that TPM related?

also i see these troubling things in the log:

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPIIXATA" with older/same version (1.6 -> 1.6).

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: invalid device register map

Nov 7 11:40:48 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.PioneerSuperDrive" has no kernel dependency.

Nov 7 11:40:51 localhost configd[48]: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.ATconfig load failed

the duplicate extension is normal, the Release1 DVD has the PIIXATA extension in Extensions and Cyrana's extensions has it as a plugin in IOATA.

if it keeps reverting, nuke your /System/Library/Extensions.[mkext:kextcache] then reboot with -f and it'll rebuild them.

Like I said about the green, no idea cause I didn't get it. But if you find the thread there are instructions there.

if it keeps reverting, nuke your /System/Library/Extensions.[mkext:kextcache] then reboot with -f and it'll rebuild them.

ok, thanks...

yeah ive cleared the caches....as long as i have the -f boot flag, its OK....otherwise it reverts but no biggee...

ill keep lookin for the green quicktime...

let me know if u ever see a solution to the sound thing posted....thats a real bigee

also can you post up or email the menumeters? ive tried to compile it but am getting an error right off the bat...

Did the install dvd ever get seeded? I can seed on a fast (18mbit) connection if someone can get it to me.

No it didn't I have it right here, I also have a 10.4.3 DVD that installs finally, but I'm working on what else needs to get done to it for it to run after the install :( I seems to detect the CPU, and something between the kernel and the ACPI kext determine if it's usable.

Reporting back on C-Media audio device.

Today my Icemat soundcard arrived. I opened box and Sound panel in Sound Preferences, plugged it into free USB port and... it just arrived there. I chose my sound device, saved preferences and fired up iTunes. It just work. As every sound-using app it OS. Excluding Adium which since plugging USB soundcard to my Intellimac crashes everytime when recieving messages or even starting up. It even made GSOD (Grey Screen of Death) 2x on my Intellimac.

Although it works VERY well. I recommend it to everybody.

Here is the finished kext package. It has fixes for PIIX (ATA and SATA), Azalia HD Audio, and GMA950.

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=053M62I...971RXLMW4OYG3LC

On my system (in my sig), everything works except for sound input. I didn't have to edit anything for my GigE to work.

I'm interested to see if this only partially works for some. These instructions don't technically make sense, since a lot of people can't even boot at all on an ICH7 system. But if you can't figure out how to somehow get the files onto the filesystem, I can't really help. Personally I have an external USB2/Firewire combo drive that I use for things such as this.

Instructions

1. Unzip the archive somewhere, just remember where you do it.
2. Find the old kexts (you probably won't have them all, some are from darwin) in /System/Library/Extensions and move them to a different name (like 'sudo mv oldkext.kext oldkext.kext.old).
3. Copy the files from step one to /System/Library/Extensions (something like 'sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/ZIPFOLDER/* /System/Library/Extensions').
4. Do a 'sudo chown -R root:wheel FILENAME' and 'sudo chmod -R 755 FILENAME' for each file in the archive after they have been copied.
5. Delete the files Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext in your /System/Library/ directory.
6. Reboot
7. Use the -f and -v flags at boot just in case someone didn't delete their cache files and to get an idea of where things crash if they do.

Ok I finally got the zip, and i'm am downloading linux disto to follow your steps, but just two questions, a) Do this work with the marklar tiger bender release 1 patched DVD? :) Can I just use ULTRAISO or transmac and make the proper directories, and coppy the kexts in them, or do I have to give the propoer permissions for them to be read?

Hey,

I have a ASUS P5LD2 just the same as someone prior in the thread. Thanks for all your help!

I have my Sound, ATA and SATA working 100%. It turned OS X from decent to use, to blazing fast it all works great. I imagine the final release will even be faster than this which is unreal since this already runs faster than my Dual 1ghz G4 machine.

Jbettcher

I am using the same motherboard(P5LD2 plain).Can you please give some more detailed information on your PC configuration.What kind of HD you use,which IDE channel(primary master,or secondary master) it is connected to, what are the other hardwares connected to MOBO, which installation method you used(Deadmoo image or Generic DVD)

I am really stuck and can not pass "Waiting for root device" point.

Your help is appreciated.

I'm much more complex then just editing kexts on an Install disk. I have a pre built iso which is a modified version of hte Marklar iso with the Generic DVD patch. It also enables all the 945g stuff found so far. and installs the 10.4.1->10.4.2 patch from Maxxuss among a few other little extras. But I'm looking for someone to seed it, as I won't, I enjoy working on this stuff and figuring it out, but I won't host warez.

So you have your own prebuild iso? You know I have been trying to set the marklar patched releas1 DVD up for my system but I don't know where to start, I downloaded the D945ext-cyrana, and I can't decompress some files, specifically the ones without extention, I don't have a linux box right now (i'm lazy and can't wait to download it) but I am thinking I may use an ibook without a burner to unpack everything and put temprary extentions to the filez I can't unzip and and then put them bac in my PC and have them on my ISO file using transmac and finally burn that DVD. You think it may work?

Also D945 cyrana seems to have 2 folders __MACOSX and 945G Chipsetkexts, toghether with two files having the same name (as I can see them in my winbox) where should I put everything back in my ISO DVD?

So you have your own prebuild iso? You know I have been trying to set the marklar patched releas1 DVD up for my system but I don't know where to start, I downloaded the D945ext-cyrana, and I can't decompress some files, specifically the ones without extention, I don't have a linux box right now (i'm lazy and can't wait to download it) but I am thinking I may use an ibook without a burner to unpack everything and put temprary extentions to the filez I can't unzip and and then put them bac in my PC and have them on my ISO file using transmac and finally burn that DVD. You think it may work?

Also D945 cyrana seems to have 2 folders __MACOSX and 945G Chipsetkexts, toghether with two files having the same name (as I can see them in my winbox) where should I put everything back in my ISO DVD?

not that won't work. I've explained how higher up in this thread, and I hope to get this disc seeded soon.