945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

The problem is I bet things tie into CoreAudio now, so a port of something like OSS doesn't seem so feasible.

Check my project. liboss.sf.net

right now it bridges threw esd, but I'm gonna bridge it threw CoreAudio direct in the next release if I ever have time.

I'm still working on the audio, I haven't given up hope yet, I'm installing Windows right now.

I did how ever notice my bios version was less then the initial production release for some reason, by almost a month, so I'm updating to the lastest and then I'll see if I can get some sort of VEN DEV for it.

However, I'll try to do my best do investigate the main problem of incompatibility between codecs.

ICH4/5/6/7 does not have anything to do with our sigmatel sound chip ;) I still hope that my creative sb live will be supported soon

After windows got installed and I almost threw it trying to install the drivers (which needed SP2 and didn't tell me), I got this from DXdiag

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01VEN_8384DEV_7681SUBSYS_8

so now I'm reloading OSX to try and play with that, thought I'd paste it here incase others wanted to try and use that.

Also during the DirectAudio test i ran, they all worked but at the end it said that it could only use buffer audio or something like that, not sure if that will help anyone. Sounds like a soft modem type of product, soft sound? :(

about the sigmatel 9220,

may be we need to port our own extension.

there is person named dogbert in this forum that has done great job on porting sound card drivers

He ported (or should say wrote) the cmi 8738 extension from scrach within one or two days,

(search for 8738 or dogbert for his posts)

he also has some extensive post on sound card.

is anyone know how he did that and is there something in common?

Any progress?

Not really from me. I downloaded the AC97 source to see if I can figure it out, but I'm more of a builder/porter kinda guy.

I did get CocoaMysql working though, I'm gonna make a universal binary of that. Sure wish I knew why that VEN DEV is avail if te windows drivers are installed but not for linux of OSX at boot time :\ Need some way to probe it to get it to start or something I'm guessing.

I have discovered strange thing.

When I delete kext cache, reboot then all works fine without -f flag.

When new cache files are built, I do second reboot my ICH7 is not detected.

-f in boot config is only workaround for this strange behavior.

any ideas ?

I have the exact same problem.

I am also unable to get sound working. My board has what I believe is a Realtek ALC880 soundchip, but I can't get it to recognise with the KEXT files from this thread. I will continue to monkey with it and I will post something if I find out anything.

Did you also can't get VLC to work with modded graphics driver? For me it shows only greenish-purplish video and when I change display settings to quartz extreme, it just hangs up...

It can be also saw under PYMplayer (yes, PYMplayer). The weird thing is this, then it worked once, under deadmoo image (now it's installed from DVD)

Also, I can't change screensaver. It's hardcoded to Flurry... Argh...

Did you also can't get VLC to work with modded graphics driver? For me it shows only greenish-purplish video and when I change display settings to quartz extreme, it just hangs up...

It can be also saw under PYMplayer (yes, PYMplayer). The weird thing is this, then it worked once, under deadmoo image (now it's installed from DVD)

greenishdisplay3gl.th.jpg

exactly the same thing as I met, VLC seems to reverse all the video

the quick tims is ok for trailers on apple site but not for HD video

I haven't try screensaver

greenishdisplay3gl.th.jpg

you got the installer dvd to work with the GMA950? I have my installer dvd patched for everything, it find my HDD but CoreGraphics pukes, see earlier in this topic to see the four line message I get.

I haven't tried patching it yet. It seemed overly complicated. Don't you have to have a new cache file, aside from a new essentials package and all? I've not had time to try.

I'd just like to have an installer dvd so that I could try it on my 10k sata drive. I could load the 6 gig version on it but I have no way to grow it as darwin won't boot on my machine even when patched and see the sata and I have no other machines that are sata compat so....

I have ICH7, is yours ICH7-R? I have some 300GB Maxtor Maxline III drive w/NCQ and all that is working, and the DVD burner works on the PATA channel too.

How can I check what it is?

I got the drive working though I'll explain what I did...

in this we assume your target drive is /dev/rdisk1

1) made sure it was blank

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdisk1 count=3000

2) Create MBR and partion

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1

- answer y to the first question "Would you like to initialize the partition table? [y]"

- type auto hfs

- then I typed update (not sure this is needed)

- then quit

3) Create file system

newfs_hfs -v tiger_x86 /dev/rdisk1s1

4) Enable Journaling (Optional)

diskutil mount disk1s1

diskutil enableJournal /Volumes/tiger_x86

At this point you can then use a restore image to the drive and boot from it. Of course you need to have it installed someplace to create the restore image prior to this. even if it's only the 6 gig version that won't matter.

about the sigmatel 9220,

may be we need to port our own extension.

there is person named dogbert in this forum that has done great job on porting sound card drivers

He ported (or should say wrote) the cmi 8738 extension from scrach within one or two days,

(search for 8738 or dogbert for his posts)

he also has some extensive post on sound card.

is anyone know how he did that and is there something in common?

not sure if this will help but this is what I get from ioreg, I'm sure that is only what is loaded, so it is likely only the HD Audio port. BTW Cyrana, can you take a screen shoot of your Sounds prefpane on the Device tab so I can see what it should look like?

| | | +-o IOHDAudioCodecDevice@2 <class IOHDAudioCodecDevice, register$

| | | +-o IOHDAudioCodecDriver <class IOHDAudioCodecDriver, !registe$

| | | +-o IOHDAudioCodecFunction@1 <class IOHDAudioCodecFunction, $

| | | +-o AppleAzaliaAudioCodecGeneric <class AppleAzaliaAudioCo$

| | | +-o AppleAzaliaAudioDriver <class AppleAzaliaAudioDriver$

| | | +-o AppleAzaliaAudioEngineOutput <class AppleAzaliaAud$

| | | +-o IOAudioStream <class IOAudioStream, registered, $

| | | +-o IOAudioLevelControl <class IOAudioLevelControl, $

| | | | +-o IOAudioControlUserClient <class IOAudioControl$

| | | +-o IOAudioToggleControl <class IOAudioToggleControl$

| | | +-o IOAudioLevelControl <class IOAudioLevelControl, $

| | | +-o IOAudioEngineUserClient <class IOAudioEngineUser$

Anyone get movie playing working?

I'll try to install it once again from DM image. Maybe now it'll work.

BTW. After a few weeks and iMic ;) I have to tell then Mac OS X on x86 is totally blessed awsesome :)

I agree, I would just like to get native sound and have dvd playback.

and for some reason my SATA drive seems to be slower then my IDE :\

For sound I think the Sigmaltel will be AC97, but I'm still reading threw the source, I'm never worked with IOKit or CoreAudio. But I'm trying.