945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

I don't usally say much in here but i may have something to share for those that have the ASUS asus p5ld2-vm. I too was getting the panic error (0x0019BE02) with build 8F1111, and found out that the problem is related to HD Audio, desibling the HD audio int he BIOS will allow you to install the OS.

With build 8F1099 i don't have that problem.

Hope this helps

I don't usally say much in here but i may have something to share for those that have the ASUS asus p5ld2-vm. I too was getting the panic error (0x0019BE02) with build 8F1111, and found out that the problem is related to HD Audio, desibling the HD audio int he BIOS will allow you to install the OS.

With build 8F1099 i don't have that problem.

Hope this helps

I have the same problem, and I want audio!!!! So I need to fix this thingy... but old kexts won't load

I have the same problem, and I want audio!!!! So I need to fix this thingy... but old kexts won't load

I can tell you WHY you are crashing with the Asus boards, the controller ID is incorrect in the kext, but how to find the correct one is the next step. The controller has to be enabled in order for the Azalia to work, so you have to have both edited. Asus does things differently I guess... So I'm looking into it.

EDIT:

Ok here is the key to the Asus board's sound puzzle. The controller card id in windows is:

The whole string:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_10430000

Device Instance Id:

All Same except FUNC_01&Ven_10EC&Dev_0882&Subsys_10430000&REV_1001\4&9de81e8&0&0001

So the goal is to figure out the controller ID, because the default causes a Kernel Panic, and if it's changed to something else... it loads ok.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been looking for this for a long time. Thank you. Put together an idiot proof guide and i might finnaly get it working :D

Hi, I need your help.

I'm using the same your MB; MSI Neo-F. But I couldn't find your pkg because the validation had passed.

Can you reupload that pkg for me or Can I find that somewhere?

thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been trying to install 8f1111 but failed mserably.

I have a D945GNTLR (No hope for the STAC 9223, I know) and I tried replacing the oah files and changing permissions roo:wheel and chmod 755 as described on new maxxus 10.4.3 patch thread. I didn't add NX or SSE2 SSE3 patches since I heard they werent needed, but everytime I insert the DVD and try to boot happens either that my previous instalation starts or reboots (that happens with -v, -x, -f, or any other flags). It seems it starts loading the drivers and then restarts suddenly.

I tryed disconnecting some devices such as printer, scanner, webcam, but didn't work. I have a PS2 keyboard, and haven't tried with a USB one but I don't think this might be the problem. Anyone can show the right steps to get 8F1111 working on a system like this?

I didn't find the no execution option on the bios, I couldnt even find the menu related to it, but changed several settings and didn't work either. I tried using vmware but I get the same crash, I must have done something wrong during the patching or have a corrupted dmg, anyone have checksums of 8f1111? I am using Maxxus AntiTPM patches only, I converted 8f1111 to cdr and then mounted it on my OS X using hdiutil, just as described for 8f1099, replaced the oah and oah750 with maxxus patched files, changed permissions and burned it using toast as an image DVD, it seems to me patching is ok, but I will have to compare checksums.

Thank you

I didn't find the no execution option on the bios, I couldnt even find the menu related to it, but changed several settings and didn't work either. I tried using vmware but I get the same crash, I must have done something wrong during the patching or have a corrupted dmg, anyone have checksums of 8f1111? I am using Maxxus AntiTPM patches only, I converted 8f1111 to cdr and then mounted it on my OS X using hdiutil, just as described for 8f1099, replaced the oah and oah750 with maxxus patched files, changed permissions and burned it using toast as an image DVD, it seems to me patching is ok, but I will have to compare checksums.

Thank you

I think that can be related to your graphics card(remove it and use integrated)Also.. download newest firmware for your bios, I had problems booting osx with default bios.

I think that can be related to your graphics card(remove it and use integrated)Also.. download newest firmware for your bios, I had problems booting osx with default bios.

Thanks I updated my BIOS and I finally installed 8F1111, now I must find PS2 and network drivers for my card.

• 3 weeks later...
Networking works fine.. Here Info.zip is Info.plist for

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext

which will enable you 100mbit intel networking on 945G boards

here is what you need to do:

Download attached file to /Users/Yourusername/ (your user directory)

then open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

rm Info.plist

mv ~/Info.plist .

chmod 755 Info.plist

reboot the machine and I hope that will work.

hi i also have a intel GNT mobo just similar to yours and at 1st 8f1111 install the build-in intel nic do not work... so i followed your thread and your tutorial... upon reboot a got and eternal gray screen with spinning icon and decided to reinstall again... maybe i did not get it right... i did not get the 3rt to the last line in your tutorial the mv ~/Info.plist ... im a noob, pls understand... what is "~"??? thanks

I made a mistake before, it doesn't work witht he 945g bundle you have, I had to follow

Intel PRO/100 VE and PRO/1000 - For newer boards like the i945P/G, you may have to edit the info.plist in AppleIntel8255x.kext and add the DeviceID of "0x27dc8086"

From the wiki, I just reinstalled and grew my partition to 120Gigs, and noticed I had to fix networking, thought I'd share it here. Still working on normal audio.

hi i have same problem... could you post a procedure on fixing networking or a link on this... im poor on permission thing...

hi i also have a intel GNT mobo just similar to yours and at 1st 8f1111 install the build-in intel nic do not work... so i followed your thread and your tutorial... upon reboot a got and eternal gray screen with spinning icon and decided to reinstall again... maybe i did not get it right... i did not get the 3rt to the last line in your tutorial the mv ~/Info.plist ... im a noob, pls understand... what is "~"??? thanks

~ is alias for /Users/YourUserName

Please note that I have tested this procedure on 10.4.1, I don't really know if this works under 10.4.3 as I have 3com 3c905TX pci network card now.

I'll try this today @ home to ensure if there is any problem with this guide for 10.4.3

~ is alias for /Users/YourUserName

Please note that I have tested this procedure on 10.4.1, I don't really know if this works under 10.4.3 as I have 3com 3c905TX pci network card now.

I'll try this today @ home to ensure if there is any problem with this guide for 10.4.3

Thanks a lot for your time in replying my problem.... ill be keeping a cross finger ur solution will still works on 8f1111g (10.4.3)

Thanks a lot for your time in replying my problem.... ill be keeping a cross finger ur solution will still works on 8f1111g (10.4.3)

OK, here it is:

Open up terminal.

and write:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

it will prompt for password.

move with cursor keys and you will find this section:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x27dc8086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

You will need to add BOLD text.

to add text in vi, you'll need to push "i" key - to get into "insert" mode.

if you got it there, pres ESC and write ":wq!" to exit vi editor and save changes.

now, you'll need to clear kext cache, so when osx will start, it will rebuild with your changes.

this is the command:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

now, if all is OK, you can reboot and you will have network working.

OK, here it is:

Open up terminal.

and write:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

it will prompt for password.

move with cursor keys and you will find this section:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x27dc8086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

You will need to add BOLD text.

to add text in vi, you'll need to push "i" key - to get into "insert" mode.

if you got it there, pres ESC and write ":wq!" to exit vi editor and save changes.

now, you'll need to clear kext cache, so when osx will start, it will rebuild with your changes.

this is the command:

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

now, if all is OK, you can reboot and you will have network working.

thanks a lot forcer.... this is a 10000% working for me now.... yahooo!!! yu got my Intel Pro 100 VE works on 8f1111g... a lot will be also very very happy with this solution...

again i cannot thank you enough..

i1sam :gun:

• 1 month later...

ok.. all is understanded... but...... where can i find the files... ?

Cyrana.. i buy a MSI 945g NeoF .. i only have a SATA disk... can i install the system directly ??

thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
Ah..10.4.5

pm me with your email and I can send it to you. you have to do a:

sudo chmod –R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/**file_name**.kext

and

sudo chown –R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/**file_name**.kext

from terminal after you place the kext file in your extensions folder. I will email it to you zipped, so unzip it first...

D