945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

Not going to talk about violating an NDA or anything. But all I can say is if you edit an install disk that it takes a lot more work than just copying files over. Extension caches and other things also change.

{censored}, thanks, guess the deadmoo method is my only choice just to decide if I'm gonna stick with apple during this Intel transition. Kinda crappy some of the biggest OSS contributors can't even test and trail run this stuff so they can prep. Leave it to Apple :\

Not going to talk about violating an NDA or anything. But all I can say is if you edit an install disk that it takes a lot more work than just copying files over. Extension caches and other things also change.

plus I thought -f was for the caches.

Forcer,

I've got the 945GNT also, let me know if you get the sound or audio figured out.

I have the GTP and I'm working on the audio right now.

Which one do you have?

8-channel (7.1) audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and one S/PDIF optical digital audio output using the Sigmatel 9223 audio codec

6-channel (5.1) audio subsystem with three analog audio outputs using the Sigmatel 9220 audio codec

Forcer,

I've got the 945GNT also, let me know if you get the sound or audio figured out.

Unfortunately, I don't have front panel jacks, that means I must buy one.

I hope I can do something in plist to "move" the sound to other connector.

Unfortunately, I don't have front panel jacks, that means I must buy one.

I hope I can do something in plist to "move" the sound to other connector.

Sorry, I meant audio or ethernet, not "audio or sound" I have the Intel® High Definition Audio; SigmaTel STAC9223 Audio Channels 8 Channels

Sorry, I meant audio or ethernet, not "audio or sound" I have the Intel® High Definition Audio; SigmaTel STAC9223 Audio Channels 8 Channels

Networking works fine.. Here Info.zip is Info.plist for

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext

which will enable you 100mbit intel networking on 945G boards

here is what you need to do:

Download attached file to /Users/Yourusername/ (your user directory)

then open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

rm Info.plist

mv ~/Info.plist .

chmod 755 Info.plist

reboot the machine and I hope that will work.

So, for you 945GNT people, does the ethernet show up and you just can't configure it by default? Or does it appear totally missing?

I've had eth the since the start. And as for audio I have the HD port working, but not the others yet. I need to reinstall windows so i can get a better device listing, linux just isn't cutting it this time (can't believe I just typed that)

Ahh, same as me, then. Mine worked out of the box... Just wondering why it isn't for some.

lspci seemed to show me devices fine, but I used google to find most of it.

The problem with lspci, is that it says unknown device for almost everything on my board :\ and they are all Intel so that doesn't help either.

As far as I can tell, I only have one audio device which is 0x27d88086 But I thought forsure their would be two, which is why I want to try with windows. And since 0x27d88086 is already in your Azalia kext that worked out of the box as well for me.

Tried that all ready, the big problem is getting that second VEN/DEV. And that is why I think i need to install windows first. I can't find it in Linux and as that post stated it seems to not be active till the drivers load or something. I'm gonna install windows today and try it out.

Ahh, TheSin, clarifies things a bit... Wasn't sure, as that 2nd device ID is the main reason people have Azalia problems. Good luck! If we get this straightened out I'll repackage the kexts with that Ethernet one posted earlier and the new audio fixes...

I have added

0x76808384 (device and vendor id for sigmatel 922X) to my

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

but still no success :D

Other plists are not Audio-codec related(and if yes, there are not device & vendor ids), 0x27d88086 is HDA Intel audio hub, we all(i945G/P) need to have it in our

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I don't see that realtec audio codec is compatibile with sigmatel one.

Is there someone who can tell me if I'm wrong ?

So, for you 945GNT people, does the ethernet show up and you just can't configure it by default? Or does it appear totally missing?

I made a mistake before, it doesn't work witht he 945g bundle you have, I had to follow

Intel PRO/100 VE and PRO/1000 - For newer boards like the i945P/G, you may have to edit the info.plist in AppleIntel8255x.kext and add the DeviceID of "0x27dc8086"

From the wiki, I just reinstalled and grew my partition to 120Gigs, and noticed I had to fix networking, thought I'd share it here. Still working on normal audio.

I have added

0x76808384 (device and vendor id for sigmatel 922X) to my

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

but still no success :)

Other plists are not Audio-codec related(and if yes, there are not device & vendor ids), 0x27d88086 is HDA Intel audio hub, we all(i945G/P) need to have it in our

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I don't see that realtec audio codec is compatibile with sigmatel one.

Is there someone who can tell me if I'm wrong ?

This is the best info I could find. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=62932

Seems Darwin isn't the only one suffering fromt his.

I also found this

ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/84...leaseRedHat.pdf

which talks about the install on RedHat for the Sigmatel 922x stuff

I makes mention of

"6c) Run the following command. The result of the command should

contain the string “Intel HDA” “Azalia” or “ICH4”.

cat /proc/asound/cards "

ICH4 which surprised me and three devices.

Maybe becouse this driver works for 915 (Azalia), 815 (ICH4) and 945 (Intel HDA)?

Where is the sound?

Maybe we could compile something like OSS for MacOS X? It is avalible for FreeBSD, Linux, etc, so why not for Mac OS X86?

I'll get cheap C-Media soon, I think...