945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

Anyone managed to get sound working?

nope.. sigmatel audio codec is just not compatibile with realtec one.

I'm not an driver developer, I hope that someone will find way to solve this problem.

I have eMachines T5010 ( http://www.emachines.com/products/products...eMachines_T5010 )

but when i replaced the files and rebooted it shows a cancelation sign and doesnt move away from the apple loading screen. how do i fix it?

The IDE/SATA controller isn't being reconized, if you booted with -v it would likely say Waitting for root drive.

cyrana, any report on the dual core situation? are both proc's recognized? Is there a speed advantage? xbench results would be rad...

oh, and any news of dvi working through an add2?

Dual core works great, and spy sees both procs and my xbench mark is better then my Dual G5 1.8Ghz. I find my SATA drive bring it down though so i want to change for a 16MB cache drive.

ok I reinstalled osx before you replied :/

the problem is only the audio, sometimes it works after reinstallation of mac sometimes it doesnt.

it says 'HD Audio' if it works, how do i get it to work all of the time?

Dual core works great, and spy sees both procs and my xbench mark is better then my Dual G5 1.8Ghz. I find my SATA drive bring it down though so i want to change for a 16MB cache drive.

Hey Cyrana ,

Following your good exprience with the mo-bo i will be getting same next week. :D

I have the kext's downloaded but since i have rarely used MAC i dont understand much abt how to install it. :huh:

so can you pleeeeease post a guide for the same ??? ;)

thanks in advance !

bye !

Hey,

I have a ASUS P5LD2 just the same as someone prior in the thread. Thanks for all your help!

I have my Sound, ATA and SATA working 100%. It turned OS X from decent to use, to blazing fast it all works great. I imagine the final release will even be faster than this which is unreal since this already runs faster than my Dual 1ghz G4 machine.

Hey,

I have a ASUS P5LD2 just the same as someone prior in the thread. Thanks for all your help!

I have my Sound, ATA and SATA working 100%. It turned OS X from decent to use, to blazing fast it all works great. I imagine the final release will even be faster than this which is unreal since this already runs faster than my Dual 1ghz G4 machine.

thats great to hear.

do you have the P5LD2 (plain)? Because that would be ICH7-R...

or the P5LD2-VM like juantom's below with ICH7 non raid?

what install method did you use?

are you overclocking?

Are people still having the VLC/QT/Screensaver issues?

Has anyone isolated whether the missing SATA was due to RAID ICH-7R?

i'm thinking of buying a P5LD2-V, for it's overclocking potentials, but it has ICH-7R Raid, so I'm worried.

Anyone think I can install off of release1 dvd similar to juantom did below? If not, would it strictly be due to missing SATA drivers? chicken and the egg...

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...=21&t=3576&st=0

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=...575&modelmenu=1

Just thought I'd paste this pkg installer for cirana's kexts, if anyone is curious I'm working on a working install dvd for the 945g. Ofcourse it won't have audio, rightnow I'm just working on the last part which will allow to install to and SATA drive on this board.

Any word on the Sigamtel 922x Drivers?

Please let me know how the pkg works, it should rebuild the cache on it's own too. No need to -f i hope.

Just thought I'd paste this pkg installer for cirana's kexts, if anyone is curious I'm working on a working install dvd for the 945g. Ofcourse it won't have audio, rightnow I'm just working on the last part which will allow to install to and SATA drive on this board.

Any word on the Sigamtel 922x Drivers?

Please let me know how the pkg works, it should rebuild the cache on it's own too. No need to -f i hope.

Had bad perms and spelled Cyrana's name wrong in the credz, here is the new version, sorry about that folks. And my Install DVD is done and works, now to find the easiest way to share how I did it with others :P

945gExtensions_0.2.pkg.zip

Had bad perms and spelled Cyrana's name wrong in the credz, here is the new version, sorry about that folks. And my Install DVD is done and works, now to find the easiest way to share how I did it with others :P

Can you maybe write down how you modify a installer DVD?

Got same problem with a Dell Optiplex GX520 945G chipset where graphics and SATA isnt recognised...

Or you can upload to my ftp..plenty of space there (o;

Can you tell us how to make a Bootable DVD with SATA (ICH7) and all possible fixes?

Greetz

It's wasn't an easy task, I had to modify the OSInstall app, so it would add my 945gExtensions.pkg during the install and I have to make a custom mkext on the boot disk. I would be easier to help me distribute this disc and as time goes by I'd like to add support for other MBs on it as well.

I'm using the Marklar iso as a base with the Generic DVD patcher Release1.

I hav eht ICH6 and I can install direct to an SATA, and I have QE and CI during the setup so I can see the install movie, also have network support right from teh get go so it grabs my .mac info for me.

I am running the D945Gtp mobo and an Intel 820 (dual core 2.8Ghz), everything works except sound, it finds the HD AUdio port but no sound from it. But the Sigmatel 922x is a known issue.

hi everyone

it sounds like you have made tremendous progress on 945g :-)

Has anyone confirmed if all 4 SATA drives work at once, as well as the PATA, so in other words, I could get 5 simultaneous drives working? Would I have to change some SATA related BIOS setting?

and for some reason my SATA drive seems to be slower then my IDE :\

TheSin:

are you saying that you cannot boot with *any* installer (homemade, release1, etc) and install onto your SATA drive -- yet Cyrana can? what mobo do you have? cyrana has the MSI Neo-F right?

you also said your SATA's were slow? weren't you the one using the 10K raptors? that is really strange. how slow are they? man i would be dissappointed with that, people have realy been impressed with their Raptors...

now...the 945gExtensions_0.2.pkg you posted ... i havent looked through it in detail, but is that just a repackaging of what forcer hosted?

can you host up somewhere just the diffs that you patched into the DVD (release1)? how many files is that? i already downloaded the 0.2 pkg.... then it would be just a matter of using transmac to add a couple packages in or change a couple text files, right?

i've been considering a handful of different motherboards, but i've had my eye on the 945g's...

thanks much