945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

Ah...it seems success, I can use the SigmaTel onboard sound, but it output form Internal speaker, that's come from my PC front panel.

I cannot use the drop down menu to select other output media, is it the known issue?

Hi, is me again :(

I mods the kext to try the onboard LAN, it's success at first time reboot. But if I reboot once more time, the OSX will say my kext is not correct and the Ethernet is out of function.

Here is my kext:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x27dc8086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

My NIC device ID:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DV&SUBSYS_308086&REV_01

My motherboard is a Intel D945GNT, any comments or solution is welcome!

Here is my error screen.

post-29888-1143300424_thumb.jpg

Hi, is me again :D

I mods the kext to try the onboard LAN, it's success at first time reboot. But if I reboot once more time, the OSX will say my kext is not correct and the Ethernet is out of function.

Here is my kext:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x27dc8086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff</string>

My NIC device ID:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DV&SUBSYS_308086&REV_01

My motherboard is a Intel D945GNT, any comments or solution is welcome!

Here is my error screen.

Open disk editor and run repair... then reboot.

pm me with your email and I can send it to you. you have to do a:

sudo chmod –R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/**file_name**.kext

and

sudo chown –R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/**file_name**.kext

from terminal after you place the kext file in your extensions folder. I will email it to you zipped, so unzip it first...

D

have they been tested at all with the Sigmatel 9223? The code must be very close? Can you pm it to me as well?

For the Sigmatel audio using 10.4.5 extract the AppleHDA.kext from the attached zip file and place it in your extensions folder and then open terminal and run the following:

sudo chmod –R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and

sudo chown –R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Now open Disk Editor and repair permisions then reboot...

Reply with your Sigmatel 922X part number if it works. Also if audio in and out both work.

Good luck!

AppleHDA.kext.zip

:whistle:

Intel D945GTPLKR MB

Intel Celeron D 336J CPU

1GB DDR2

OSX 10.4.4 with 10.4.5 patch installed upon initial setup

Onboard GMA 950 Video working 100%

Onboard NIC working 100%

Onboard USB working 100%

PS2 Mouse and Keyboard working 100%

Firewire detected, but not tested

Onboard Audio working 100% with previously mentioned AudioHDA.kext as per dscrap's instructions

Headphones and Mic working 100%, noted in sound applet as IntSpeakers and InternalMic

LineIn also appears under input devices, but I have not tested it.

Thank you dscrap :gun:

Glad it's working for everyone. Anybody able to get an ATi video card working at resolutions higher than 1280x1024x32. I have a Dell 24' 2405FP wide screen LCD that I would like to get at 1920x1200x32. I can get it with the GMA950, but I use the video card ATi All In Wonder X600 Pro in windows for my TV tuner and it is a huge hassle to take out the video card and replace it just to dual boot.

Also I am getting artifacts from the mouse pointer with the ATi video card in. Anyone know of a fix for that? I also looked at Logitech's site to see if they had drivers for the intel macs yet and it says they will be updated soon. I miss my extra mouse buttons. I would really like to get all of my peripherals working...

have they been tested at all with the Sigmatel 9223? The code must be very close? Can you pm it to me as well?

So... Any news about the sigmatel 9223?? I guess it still doesn't work, does it?

For the Sigmatel audio using 10.4.5 extract the AppleHDA.kext from the attached zip file and place it in your extensions folder and then open terminal and run the following:

and

Reply with your Sigmatel 922X part number if it works. Also if audio in and out both work.

Good luck!

Hi, just got my new laptop last week and the spec are shown in my sig.

I've successfully installed 10.4.5 DVD Patched MYZ iso but no sound. I've check the System profile, no build-in audio. I've tried reading a sorts of guides, but I dun really understand and know how to edit or patch things. So far I've tried dscrap's solution but still no sound. I've accidentally deleted AppleAC97.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but I've replaced AppleAzaliaAudio.kext back copied from somewhere in this thread and replaced the AppleHDA.kext from dscrap. Still not working. :construction:

Is it because my chipset and sound card is different? i945GM (ICH7) and Sigmatel HD Audio (ven_8384, dev_7690) It just show Sigmatel HD Audio in Device Manager in WinXP.

Please can anyone help me thanks !!

Hi, just got my new laptop last week and the spec are shown in my sig.

I've successfully installed 10.4.5 DVD Patched MYZ iso but no sound. I've check the System profile, no build-in audio. I've tried reading a sorts of guides, but I dun really understand and know how to edit or patch things. So far I've tried dscrap's solution but still no sound. I've accidentally deleted AppleAC97.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, but I've replaced AppleAzaliaAudio.kext back copied from somewhere in this thread and replaced the AppleHDA.kext from dscrap. Still not working. :)

Is it because my chipset and sound card is different? i945GM (ICH7) and Sigmatel HD Audio (ven_8384, dev_7690) It just show Sigmatel HD Audio in Device Manager in WinXP.

Please can anyone help me thanks !!

I have a Dell Dimenaion 5150 with Int. Sigmatel STAC9220 HD Audio and it is working with 10.4.5 using the AppleHDA.kext I posted above (post 306). The device is ven_8384, dev_7680 per windows xp device manager.

I have received several PM's pretaining to laptops and the SigmaTel 9223 HD Audio. Apparently they are not the same and something needs to be changed in the kext to get it working. I've look at it and don't see where to add the device for the Sigmatel 9223. Does anyone know where the devices are listed? I reall don't know that much about the files.

If you have a working SigmaTel 922x please post what version you have so we can figure out what works and what does not...

Can anyone tell me if the 945G kexts cyrana (Thanks!) originally provided 5 mos ago are incorporated into any install DVDs, such Myzar's (Thanks!) iso, someone's ppfs, or should I put on my eyepatch and go a sailing? Yarrrr!! :D

Thanks for everyone's helpful efforts! Maybe it'll work this weekend.

I have a Dell Dimenaion 5150 with Int. Sigmatel STAC9220 HD Audio and it is working with 10.4.5 using the AppleHDA.kext I posted above (post 306). The device is ven_8384, dev_7680 per windows xp device manager.

I have received several PM's pretaining to laptops and the SigmaTel 9223 HD Audio. Apparently they are not the same and something needs to be changed in the kext to get it working. I've look at it and don't see where to add the device for the Sigmatel 9223. Does anyone know where the devices are listed? I reall don't know that much about the files.

If you have a working SigmaTel 922x please post what version you have so we can figure out what works and what does not...

I've tried using this guide:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...acer+travelmate

Removing AppleHDA.kext and used AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, I get the "HDA Audio" shown at the output and able to slide volume bar but just hear no sound at all. Inside the AppleAzaliaController.kext the id is use as the as as the AppleHDAController.kext "0x27d88086". Therefore the problem may lies on the driver is not compatible with my onboard sound. :angry:

Need help for configure audio (and maybe other issues like 1000 Lan, etc) on a Intel Desktop Board D945GCZLKR ... I have 10.4.5

EDIT - Well! Finally I have audio, thanks to dscrap for his post of the kext file, and instrucctions. But now I have USB not working at all (iPod Shuffle is not detected, but HD USB or Logitech USB works 100%) Also the Gygabite ethernet is not working.. Any ideas?

Have you tried the kext and instructions I posted. I believe it works for all 922x audio. Try it and let us know...

I used your kext on my 10.4.3 but it hasn't worked, maybe when I get my 10.4.5 but I still have doubts about it. Thanks anyway

Followup on my kext search:

Didn't have to go to :angel: cuz by chance I found them on :dev: .

Thanks zzzcoder!!

Hi.. Did you find this pack of Kext ??

i`m searching since 4 weeks.... :(

please... if any can post or give the link of this pack.. Thanks.

Networking works fine.. Here Info.zip is Info.plist for

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext

which will enable you 100mbit intel networking on 945G boards

here is what you need to do:

Download attached file to /Users/Yourusername/ (your user directory)

then open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/

rm Info.plist

mv ~/Info.plist .

chmod 755 Info.plist

reboot the machine and I hope that will work.

this is a very stragen thing. I've folowed all the steps described here and then i could set up my network and start browsing over the internet and my other computer in the lan.

after a few reboots i got a few messages saing that the system can not use the IONetworkingFamily extension.

Then i've reisntalled the Mac OSX 10.4.5 Universal... from the DVD and didt all the steps again but with no success.

Any suggestions?

My system is:

INTEL PENTIUM D 920

MOTHERBORAD INTEL 945GNT

SATA II 250GB

ATI X300HM

INTEL LAN 10/100 PRO (ON BOARD)

I COULD MAKE IT WORK FOLLOWING THIS MESSAGE: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...ic=2243&st=300#

THANKS

and

Good luck!

i did this from your file but no success. can you tell me what else to do?

My system is:

INTEL PENTIUM D 920

MOTHERBORAD INTEL 945GNT

SATA II 250GB

ATI X300HM

INTEL LAN 10/100 PRO (ON BOARD)

I am such an ass...

I figured out what I was doing wrong... I was running the commands in terminal for IONetworkingFamily.kext. I just ran them again as follows and rebooted and all is well...

Thanks for your almost help...lol. Now if I could only get my logitech wireless keyboard and mouse working (programming the buttons). Do you know if the logiteh drivers will work in 10.4.3? They didn't in 10.4.1.

Besides that, I will be patiently waiting for a driver for my 256mb PCI-e ATi X600 Pro All in Wonder. If i am real lucky, I will be able to get the TV tuner working.

My xbench went from the 40's with 10.4.1 to high 90's with 10.4.3... Gotta love that! Did you guys add any patches after installing 10.4.3? or just edit the IONetworkingFamily.kext?

i buddy, i see you have the same board as me, can you tell me how to make it to work the sigmatel audio and the ati pci-e video board?

thanks dude

a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dscrap,

I'm new here. I'm searching for the method to get my Dell Dimension 5150 works. And I found your system is the same as mine. I'm running 10.4.5 and test with your AppleHDA.kext. It works great. However, it doesn't work on 10.4.6. Do you have any plan to fix that file to work on 10.4.6?

PS. The device is ven_8384, dev_7680 per windows xp device manager.

==================

BTW, does anyone can get rid of the mouse tearing problem of ATI Radeon X300 SE?