Support Group for Confused Owners of the GA-X58A-UD3R **rev 2.0**

660 posts in this topic

I'll try that, thanks

UPDATE: I have manage to get my USB KB and Mouse back. If you're having problems like me. The 2 usb ports next to the network jack on the UDR-3 rev 2 is the USB3 ports. The manual says they are USB 3 & USB 2 but the MAC os doesn't see it that way. I moved the KB & mouse now they work.

After turning off most of the power management features. I was able to make it though the install and I got the install failed message but I thought If I used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported iso I wouldn't get that message? Anyway I rebooted two things happened, one was my dvd burner was shut down. It didn't eject the disc or even try to read the disc, then was no activity. So i couldn't get the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] disc back in there. A second reboot didn't help. I turned the system off wait a 30 secs and then turned it on and it worked fine. So that's strange.

The next problem is that when I did get the Boot loader to start. I had no HD icon, just the dvd icon and it worked fine but there was no way to start the MAC OS because there was no drive icon. I loaded up the install disc and the disk installer said that there was a volume with the right partion and format and it verified it and the system profiler ( name might be wrong but it was in the same menu) and it says there is a sata hard drive but the drive is listed as an external? Not a big deal, windows does something similar.

So I'm back, Help help. I'm going to go try to install again but what's up with this ?

One last thing, During all except the last install where I sat and watched it, I start the install and get the it will take 30 mins message then I walk away and when I come back the screen is off like it went to sleep. A mouse move or tap on the keyboard turns it on. This seems strange for the install process. Is it?

Yours in WTF

Art

Well, I realized I had my colors mixed up. Plug your HDD into the blue ports. Sorry, was doing it from memory.

If the HDD does not show up, and you hit an error message during install, then you most likely did not succeed in installing it. Try it again.

All you need in the BIOS is everything set to AHCI, 64-bit HPET, otherwise default settings. Oh, also, you are using a 10.6.3 install DVD, right? I can't recall if the 10.6.0 DVDs were more difficult or not.

I suggest completely re-partitioning the drive and not having a Windows drive connected during the install.

Well, I realized I had my colors mixed up. Plug your HDD into the blue ports. Sorry, was doing it from memory.

If the HDD does not show up, and you hit an error message during install, then you most likely did not succeed in installing it. Try it again.

All you need in the BIOS is everything set to AHCI, 64-bit HPET, otherwise default settings. Oh, also, you are using a 10.6.3 install DVD, right? I can't recall if the 10.6.0 DVDs were more difficult or not.

I suggest completely re-partitioning the drive and not having a Windows drive connected during the install.

Thanks maleorderbride, I think I will try the re partitioning and removal of the win 7 drive. As for the install DVD, its from the Mac box set ( I had a gift certificate from amazon. So it was a real good price. :( ) I looked the disc over and all I saw was 10.6 .

So the saga continues. I read in a post that you should put the HD on the 1st sata post and DVD on second. I did this and I switched to the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Nvidia because I have a quadro fx 580. I do the install and use customize to remove all but the essential option. It installs and finishes with install fails but now there is a different message. The reson stated is that the install can start the HD and suggest the start up disk tool ( above the disk utility tool ) It doesn't show the HD. Just the DVD and a network option but the DVD is reading the disc so I let it finish and then the Sata HD appears Still can't start it but I shutdown and start the system when the bootloader works there is the dvd drive and the hard drive. So I click and the HD loads and I setup an account and do the 10.6.4 update and run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. This is where I think i made my mistake. After choosing a number of options including NVenabler on / yes and it seems to work. So I shutdown add an extra stick of ram ( 6Gb total now) and start up the system. I get what i guess is a kernel panic because the apple screen comes up then a semi transparent black screen comes up and says to shut the system off. I did an start with -x same thing, -s get me to a root prompt for which i have no clue. I can manage some Linux command line but no clue here.

i do a -v start and lots of text goes flying by but it stops and says the a couple of times that the NVenabler has started a probe and then the probe has failed. This would seem to me to say that it doesn't know what my card is. So my new questions are what do i do now ? I can i fix this? and Does [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install the files I select or is that my job? Also, I'm not sure if i understand what a custom dsdt.aml file does? I got one from this group topic and I put it on the destop and i think it was used.

While I'm at it I get that the com.apple.boot.plst is like the boot file but how do you edit it ?

Looks like I'm getting there. I had the mac working until i rebooted I even had sound without having to do anything. It was a bit low but it worked and I greatly enjoyed the welcome video :)

So once again Help!! and Thanks.

Thanks maleorderbride, I think I will try the re partitioning and removal of the win 7 drive. As for the install DVD, its from the Mac box set ( I had a gift certificate from amazon. So it was a real good price. :censored2: ) I looked the disc over and all I saw was 10.6 .

So the saga continues. I read in a post that you should put the HD on the 1st sata post and DVD on second. I did this and I switched to the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Nvidia because I have a quadro fx 580. I do the install and use customize to remove all but the essential option. It installs and finishes with install fails but now there is a different message. The reson stated is that the install can start the HD and suggest the start up disk tool ( above the disk utility tool ) It doesn't show the HD. Just the DVD and a network option but the DVD is reading the disc so I let it finish and then the Sata HD appears Still can't start it but I shutdown and start the system when the bootloader works there is the dvd drive and the hard drive. So I click and the HD loads and I setup an account and do the 10.6.4 update and run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. This is where I think i made my mistake. After choosing a number of options including NVenabler on / yes and it seems to work. So I shutdown add an extra stick of ram ( 6Gb total now) and start up the system. I get what i guess is a kernel panic because the apple screen comes up then a semi transparent black screen comes up and says to shut the system off. I did an start with -x same thing, -s get me to a root prompt for which i have no clue. I can manage some Linux command line but no clue here.

i do a -v start and lots of text goes flying by but it stops and says the a couple of times that the NVenabler has started a probe and then the probe has failed. This would seem to me to say that it doesn't know what my card is. So my new questions are what do i do now ? I can i fix this? and Does [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install the files I select or is that my job? Also, I'm not sure if i understand what a custom dsdt.aml file does? I got one from this group topic and I put it on the destop and i think it was used.

While I'm at it I get that the com.apple.boot.plst is like the boot file but how do you edit it ?

Looks like I'm getting there. I had the mac working until i rebooted I even had sound without having to do anything. It was a bit low but it worked and I greatly enjoyed the welcome video :)

So once again Help!! and Thanks.

Well, as I've said before, you shouldn't be using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], let alone [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. They are basically dumbed down versions that end up obfuscating what you are doing to the point that (as a newb) you learn absolutely nothing. At the very least, don't use Mulitbeast.

All you need to do is boot to the desktop on your new install.

Install Chameleon (which will be your bootloader) and copy and paste my Extra folder (which contains all drivers).

Get all updates and then fix the sound problem as I've mentioned in an earlier post.

You seem to be making this much more difficult for yourself.

In order to edit a com.Apple.Boot.plist you need to drag it the desktop, edit with textedit or whatever, then copy it back.

@Art7, This is what is should look like on your SL HDD. Everything with a green check mark and your all set up. Don't worry about the mkext. Thats created using this Kext Utility . If your missing your DSDT your going to have issues so make sure you have it in place.

pic.gif

Ok, going nuts here :wacko: .

I used Maleorderbride's method of install. Everything seemed to be working fine, but I eventually realized that while I had internet access, my access to computers on my network was borked. Sometimes I can connect to them easily, and other times I can't.

I tried changing from the realtekr1000.kext in Maleorderbride's files to a Realtec 8111D 3264 file I found that someone used for this mobo/proc/mem combo and that seemed to fix everything...until I rebooted. Now I can see all my computers, but they won't connect. It says "Connecting..." and then I get a connection failed error, and sometimes the icon disappears from the Shared section.

I've checked all of my network settings, I've checked the firewall, I've checked the routers, nothing. All of this worked fine with my Mac Pro and the same network.

Any thoughts? I could really, really use some help. I'm out of ideas.

My hardware: X58a-UD3R FB, i7-930, 8gb ram.

EDIT: I drag and dropped that Realtec 8111D 3264 IONetowrkingFamily.kext file onto the Kext Utility and rebooted and it's working fine again. Could something be overwriting the IONetworkingFamily KEXT and causing problems on reboot? I don't know enough about OSX internals to have any sort of theory...

SECOND EDIT: Uninstalled Little Snitch and rebooted, no computers in Shared section of Finder. Drag and dropped that networking KEXT onto kext utility, rebooted, still no computers in Shared section of Finder. Sigh.

@Chimp

I was having exactly the same issue as you, just after I read your post. I had installed a new router and it offered to function as a "wins server." Whenever the "wins server" option is selected, I either can't see the other computers on my network, or I can see them, but it hangs on "connecting..." like you describe. Too bad, as "wins server" makes microsoft computers able to see each other much much faster than without. Oh well.

Does anyone has a slow hard drive access problem?

I installed everything with the help of the first posts, and my machine is working but when ever i have to do a heavy hard drive operation, it slows down for ever.

For example:

sudo /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

This takes for ever and I cannot run any other program.

I have run tests to the disk (smartmon tools) and it seems fine. The hard drive is Western Digital 1Tb hard drive.

I have i7 920 procesor.

Sound works great, I used the first kext that was given, no the latest.

I installed with kakewalk, and used the dsdt that was provided in the first posts for i7 920 procesors.

I found this on the kernel log

# grep -i error kernel.log
Sep 29 15:44:01 Lu-Hackers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding.  (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x1, failedCommandInfo = 0x1)
Oct  8 14:06:38 hackinotsh  kernel[0]: SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding.  (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x1, failedCommandInfo = 0x1)

I left vuze the other day running, when i came back everything was stopped because it couldnt read the disk. There was a virtual memory running low message or something like that. Sometimes the ethernet card doesnt work, and i have to reboot the machine to get it to work, (this happens like once a week), i feel this happens because OSX cant read the hard drive and cant load the kext or something like that.

should i get another drive?? Mine is brand new and has guarrantee, but i bet if i explain that i was building a hackintosh, they are going to try to invalidate the guarantee, so i want to be sure before i demand a new hard drive, and format it.

Is there something in my configuration that can make hard drive act so slow? Something that I should check. Does the brand of a hard drive matters when you are building a hackintosh? I thought only processors, mbo and video cards were the key points.

Last question, if i copy everything to another harddrive, switch the SATA ports it should be able to boot from my second hard drive. Or i need to do some twitching?

@oldgrowth - thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that the other Mac computers (my Macbook, our two Mac Minis) can see each other fine. Just to be sure I checked the FIOS router I have, but it doesn't have an option to act as a WINS server. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

@oldgrowth - thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that the other Mac computers (my Macbook, our two Mac Minis) can see each other fine. Just to be sure I checked the FIOS router I have, but it doesn't have an option to act as a WINS server. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Hmm...well I don't think it is my network kext. I watch movies off my X58a-UD3r build over the network all the time using my mini 10v. Works great.

Maybe there is a problem with your sharing options? I enabled all 3 sharing types in advanced as well as the account.

Hmm...well I don't think it is my network kext. I watch movies off my X58a-UD3r build over the network all the time using my mini 10v. Works great.

Maybe there is a problem with your sharing options? I enabled all 3 sharing types in advanced as well as the account.

I did the same. I checked-and re-checked the network settings and the sharing settings a million times. It was maddening because it was so intermittent - sometimes I could see certain computers, sometimes I couldn't, sometimes I could connect, sometimes not. I tried all of the different drivers and rebuilt permissions and all of that stuff.

Finally I bought the NIC that was recommended earlier in this thread (I think by you maybe, maleorderbride? not sure), the TEG-PCITXR. $13. Dropped it in, disabled the onboard, rebooted, everything worked like a charm. Problem solved :)

Thanks to everyone that replied, I appreciate it.

Now, who's going to work on the install for our board when OSX Lion is announced in a few weeks? :)

I'm trying to get Snow Leopard to work on a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2, and I'm making progress, but I've come across one problem I haven't seen mentioned. I have a Core i7 950, but the CPU display in Activity Monitor shows just one graph, as if there were just a single CPU instead of 8. Linux finds 8 CPUs, so it's definitely a problem with the OS X installation. What does Activity Monitor show for other people? Any suggestions for how to fix this?

I'm trying to get Snow Leopard to work on a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2, and I'm making progress, but I've come across one problem I haven't seen mentioned. I have a Core i7 950, but the CPU display in Activity Monitor shows just one graph, as if there were just a single CPU instead of 8. Linux finds 8 CPUs, so it's definitely a problem with the OS X installation. What does Activity Monitor show for other people? Any suggestions for how to fix this?

I'm glad to say I already found the answer to this. There are so many CPUs that Activity Monitor doesn't have space to show them the same way that it shows 2 or 4. To see 8 you have to select Floating CPU Menu under the Window menu.

Yes , I sold my 5 months [ old ] Hackintosh with rev 1 , and everything was functioning, sleep, ethernet.... everything , and i just build another one , but i got the rev .2 board , and everything is working except for ethernet, dont care that much, because i use a USB G-sky wireless adaptor, but i want my ethernet back !

Yes , I sold my 5 months [ old ] Hackintosh with rev 1 , and everything was functioning, sleep, ethernet.... everything , and i just build another one , but i got the rev .2 board , and everything is working except for ethernet, dont care that much, because i use a USB G-sky wireless adaptor, but i want my ethernet back !

I have ethernet working using the beta driver at Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver Project Page. I haven't tried it with sleep/wake, but it claims to support that.

I have ethernet working using the beta driver at Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver Project Page. I haven't tried it with sleep/wake, but it claims to support that.

Mine too is working with that driver 64bit it dos not sleep properly though

:(;):) I'm back people and I have finally had success. My Hackintosh is now working and booting and feeling me with luv. I want to thank everyone on InsaneMac and especially thank Maleorderbride and all the people of this support group list. No way I done it without reading peoples experiences and probs.

I do have two questions for now. Video Cards. I have a nvidia quadro fx 580 w/ 512mb and if I understand it right. Most nvidia drivers or already installed in OSX but I need to enable the system to recognize the card but How? I added a kext that is called nvidiaenable64 and added a line to the .com.apple.boot.plst setting graphic enabler to yes. But nothing has changed. The system knows I have an nvidia video card and knows that it has 512mb but doesn't know what kind it is.

Second question how do you know if you're running in 64 bit mode or in 32bit mode?

For those still working on their system. Here what i used

I did use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Nvidia to start the install and to install chameleon as bootloader but not multibreast it might have been me but when I used it. The sound did work out of box but not much did after I used it. I did update my bios to the FB version but i not sure if that helped anything. I now have audio and ethernet working and its not giving me any network sharing problems yet. I don't have the orange icon problem and the not waking up from sleep problem might be fixed. The system has only not snapped awake twice.

So any help would be great and good luck to the new guys is poking around.

Art

GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

i7-950

12GB 1333Mhz RAM

GeForce 250GTS

GeekBench(32) ~9700

Everything works ok BUT while System Profiler shows correctly 12GB of RAM the Activity Monitor reports only 8GB of RAM available. I did search and found only one user with similar problem with no clean conclusion.

I did Kakewalk CD install with 10.6.3 and all updates to 10.6.4 and then installed Mailorderbride's package. No further tweaking. COuld anyone help to point me the right direction? Thanks!

GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

i7-950

12GB 1333Mhz RAM

GeForce 250GTS

GeekBench(32) ~9700

Everything works ok BUT while System Profiler shows correctly 12GB of RAM the Activity Monitor reports only 8GB of RAM available. I did search and found only one user with similar problem with no clean conclusion.

I did Kakewalk CD install with 10.6.3 and all updates to 10.6.4 and then installed Mailorderbride's package. No further tweaking. COuld anyone help to point me the right direction? Thanks!

OK - here is the solution. UPGRADE THE BIOS! I upgraded to FB and all is great now. And GeekBench improved slightly to 9984 :-)

OK - here is the solution. UPGRADE THE BIOS! I upgraded to FB and all is great now. And GeekBench improved slightly to 9984 :-)

One more time. I thought I'd share with everyone configuration which works really well for me (rock solid stable).

X58A-UD3R rev.2 (off course:-) BIOS rev FB (!!!!!!!UPGRADE!!!!!!!! stores have FA and it's {censored})

i7-950

DDR3 12GB (3x4GB) 1600MHz Viper II Sector 7 Series Patriot PV7312G1600ELK

(there is another 12GB (3x4) kit from patriot which does NOT work)

MSI GeForce 250GTS (install nVidia drivers really work great)

have fun!

One more time. I thought I'd share with everyone configuration which works really well for me (rock solid stable).

X58A-UD3R rev.2 (off course:-) BIOS rev FB (!!!!!!!UPGRADE!!!!!!!! stores have FA and it's {censored})

i7-950

have fun!

The entire X58 lineup sometimes suffers from problems with not detecting all of the RAM within the OS. Often the board knows it is there, but the OS is unable to access it. Sometimes neither the BIOS nor the OS can see the full amount of RAM.

Upgrading the BIOS is of course a great idea. However, if that does not solve your problem you can check your CPU Heatsink. Having your CPU heatsink screwed down too tightly, especially when it is near the RAM banks can cause some of the RAM to not be detected.

You also sometimes need to increase the QPI/VTT voltage, Vcore, and CPU PLL. This is most likely when running all 6 DIMMs populated at higher frequencies (1600+).

After lots of tries (about 15) I was able to make SL work with this motherboard with an ATI 4850. Installing SL worked like a charm, the problem was obviously the card.

So I decided write this small guide for anyone who's has a similar kit and doesn't want to spend £80 in a decent nvidia card.

First of all: THANKS

To all of you, who give tons of information so we can install this great os. In special, to everyone who contributed to this thread and MaLd0n who contributed to the thread to install the 4850 in SL in this thread.

You'll need

• A mac / mackintosh / vm image running SL.
  • An image of SL 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 (I used a 10.6.3 image)
  • An external HD - I tried used a fast usb key drive, but it took hours to copy the files)
  • A copy of kakewalk 2.2 (get it from http://puru.se/)
  • A copy the 10.6.5 H562 combo update (this is the beta version of SL 10.6.5 - which works WAY better with the ATI 4850)
  • Realtek network drivers v 2.0.5 - download
  • Lizard - a chameleon gui - download
  • Kext Utility - download

Steps

• Open the cakewalk dmg, and follow the instructions in Guide.pdf to prepare the boot disk. When installing kakewalk to the external HD, select the MOBO X58A-UD7, don't select the UD3R.
  • Install osx passing a -x to the bootloader, otherwise you'll get a KP or a scrambled screen.
  • The computer will restart booting from the internal HD, again, pass -x to the bootloader
  • Install the 10.6.5 combo update -> restart -> pass -x
  • Install Realtek network drivers -> restart -> pass -x
    • If a this point, your network is not working, specifically, the lights on the jack are dear, shutdown the computer, unplug it from the mains, and press the power + reset button (this is to discharge any residual power on the MOBO). Restart the computer, and the network should be back to life.

[*]Now follow this mini guide from MaLd0n to configure the card.

[*]Reboot, this time with no extra flags, and you'll be running OS X 10.6.5 at full screen and 64bits :(.

After all this, I haven't run kakewalkboot so I might have some drivers missing and as far as I know sleep and audio are not working. I don't care about sleep, but I do about the audio, which I hope to fix following some of the suggestions on this thread.

Thanks a lot again,

Augusto

After lots of tries (about 15) I was able to make SL work with this motherboard with an ATI 4850. Installing SL worked like a charm, the problem was obviously the card.

So I decided write this small guide for anyone who's has a similar kit and doesn't want to spend £80 in a decent nvidia card.

First of all: THANKS

To all of you, who give tons of information so we can install this great os. In special, to everyone who contributed to this thread and MaLd0n who contributed to the thread to install the 4850 in SL in this thread.

You'll need

• A mac / mackintosh / vm image running SL.
  • An image of SL 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 (I used a 10.6.3 image)
  • An external HD - I tried used a fast usb key drive, but it took hours to copy the files)
  • A copy of kakewalk 2.2 (get it from http://puru.se/)
  • A copy the 10.6.5 H562 combo update (this is the beta version of SL 10.6.5 - which works WAY better with the ATI 4850)
  • Realtek network drivers v 2.0.5 - download
  • Lizard - a chameleon gui - download
  • Kext Utility - download

Steps

• Open the cakewalk dmg, and follow the instructions in Guide.pdf to prepare the boot disk. When installing kakewalk to the external HD, select the MOBO X58A-UD7, don't select the UD3R.
  • Install osx passing a -x to the bootloader, otherwise you'll get a KP or a scrambled screen.
  • The computer will restart booting from the internal HD, again, pass -x to the bootloader
  • Install the 10.6.5 combo update -> restart -> pass -x
  • Install Realtek network drivers -> restart -> pass -x
    • If a this point, your network is not working, specifically, the lights on the jack are dear, shutdown the computer, unplug it from the mains, and press the power + reset button (this is to discharge any residual power on the MOBO). Restart the computer, and the network should be back to life.

[*]Now follow this mini guide from MaLd0n to configure the card.

[*]Reboot, this time with no extra flags, and you'll be running OS X 10.6.5 at full screen and 64bits :) .

After all this, I haven't run kakewalkboot so I might have some drivers missing and as far as I know sleep and audio are not working. I don't care about sleep, but I do about the audio, which I hope to fix following some of the suggestions on this thread.

Thanks a lot again,

Augusto

MOBO UDR 2.0??

Hi guys, been reading up on this and am still quite new, however I seem to keep running into the same problem when trying to install.

Let me start with the specs:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0 updated to BIOS version FB)

i7-950

6gb of RAM running at 1600Mhz

Nvidia GTX 460

I've tried the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] methods with both the supported iso as well as the nvidia iso. I've also attempted to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the kakewalk legacy boot disks from the hackfinal.rar file somewhere in this forum topic. Trying to use the -x loader for safe mode also fails. Here is the error I keep getting: "kernel panic: Unable to find driver for ]"ACPI\".\m

Attached are some pics.

I don't have access to a Mac so if I need to use a different loader, I'd appreciate it if someone could send me or link me to a file I could burn from a windows machine. Also, is there a method to use a bootloader to install from a USB stick?

Thanks in advance.

post-682786-1287974468_thumb.jpg

post-682786-1287974476_thumb.jpg

i7-950

I have the same MOBO, Bios and processor. My memory is OCZ PC3-16000 Gold Voltage Triple Channel 6 gig (3x2) but I remove one module for install. The vid card is Nvidia GTX 465. I have tried every possible way to install with the retail. The best I can get to an install is IATKOS 7 but when it reboots, I get the screen telling me to hold the power button. I will try your config and see if I can get the retail installed.