Support Group for Confused Owners of the GA-X58A-UD3R **rev 2.0**

660 posts in this topic

I am getting bad lag after about 1 day of use. Opening/closing windows is choppy as is pretty much everything. I am using a 8800 GT w/ 12Gb of ram and this rev.2 board. What is odd is that everything functions perfectly for about a day and then the problems start... a reboot corrects the problem. Anyone else have this issue and know the fix?

Is your video card detected in system profiler?

I guess my NEC USB ports don't work in the back either. I thought they did earlier--but maybe not?

ya, it sure is :/

Try my attached Extra folder and the most current C2RC5. The DSDT and Boot.plist is CPU independent and P/C states work. All mods have been done from D00d's thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5p5eq3pnsu4f43w

Also, try turning off your overclock if you have one on.

To get audio to work you need to use a modded AppleHDA or one from 10.6.2.

Archive.zip

Finally I've got all of the audio outputs work with voodooHDA!

post-423084-1285615041_thumb.jpg

U may see everything!

post-423084-1285615068_thumb.jpg

Also U may try to use green, black, orange and grey outputs to build a 7.1 surround system via aggregate device. But I don't have sound system to try if it really work. The front panel headphone also can work now.

post-423084-1285615088_thumb.jpg

Only have a lillte problem is under 24bits, the soud quality is not so good then 16bits, and there haven't any info in the System profiler.

post-423084-1285615101_thumb.jpg

I know it is very easy to fix it by add the pin config in the dsdt.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

your board is?? and process i7?

Anybody know how to active the front panel headphone output ?

Quoting MacMan, from his post over @ tonymac86:

Legacy889HDA.kext only works with an un-patched AppleHDA.kext. ... 10.6.2 AppleHDA ..still supports the ALC889. When you install Legacy889HDA.kext in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is automatically installs AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback."

from his post here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...5c&start=40

I haven't figured out front headphone jacks myself, but this at least looks like where we should start, since everything works in my new hackintosh except this, and the one kext I left off is that legacy889HDA one -- (My rig has a kextpanic with it in place for some reason.)

Legacy889HDA.kext only works with an un-patched AppleHDA.kext. ... 10.6.2 AppleHDA ..still supports the ALC889. When you install Legacy889HDA.kext in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is automatically installs AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback."

from his post here:

I haven't figured out front headphone jacks myself, but this at least looks like where we should start, since everything works in my new hackintosh except this, and the one kext I left off is that legacy889HDA one -- (My rig has a kextpanic with it in place for some reason.)

you'll get a panic if you have hdaenaber.kext or voodoohda.kext ALSO installed with your modded applehda

Hi. Can someone point me to the simplest method of installing with a i7 930, 8800 gt, a Velociraptor 300gb, and a retail dvd? I am new, so manually adding kexts and dsdts is a mystery to me. I DO have my own macbook pro to build a usb disk from if that process is included in what you guys consider to be the best way for a from scratch install. A little help in advance of my build would be appreciated. I hope not to be counted among the "confused" for long.

An aside, can someone tell me the problem with using the kakewalk 2.2 method?

your board is?? and process i7?

My mobo is GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 and I7 930.

from his post here:

I've followed his guide step by step already, cannot work.

Just select headphones in Sound profiler--what's the problem?

If you have a 10.6.3+ modden AppleHDA.kext it will auto-detect headphones with LegacyHDA889.kext.

The point is hasn't headphones in my profiler. Only blcak blue green and digital out.

Hi. Can someone point me to the simplest method of installing with a i7 930, 8800 gt, a Velociraptor 300gb, and a retail dvd? I am new, so manually adding kexts and dsdts is a mystery to me. I DO have my own macbook pro to build a usb disk from if that process is included in what you guys consider to be the best way for a from scratch install. A little help in advance of my build would be appreciated. I hope not to be counted among the "confused" for long.

An aside, can someone tell me the problem with using the kakewalk 2.2 method?

I don't think there is a problem. Just install using a cakewalk CD+retail DVD. Once you get booted in for the first time, then install a bootloader and drivers.

Grab the newest version of Chameleon here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Then paste my Extra folder from a few posts to the save drive you installed Chameleon on.

You can go two different routes for audio. Either bin-hacked AppleHDA or 10.6.2 AppleHDA+LegacyHDA.kext+HDAEnabler.kext (or DSDT edit).

The other route is VoodooHDA. You need AppleHDADisabler so you can update without having to worry about crashing voodoo. Then just use kext utility for VoodooHDA.kext (drag the kext on top of kext utility).

I also attached a modified 3rd-party network driver that works in 32/64bit and doesn't break sleep.

Voodoo failed to give me one of the audio outputs for some reason once (instead it had HDMI support for my HD4870), but it has always worked normally with my Nvidia cards. The AppleHDA method has always worked normally, other than having to re-install after every major update.

Archive_2.zip

Do I have to work with a sound hack if i am installing a 3rd party sound interface? I am going to follow your advice tomorrow night, and I hope it will work well! Wish me luck!

One thing - you mentioned attaching a 3rd part network driver...where exactly is that attached? Sorry, I have been out of this scene since my failed non deluxe p6t attempt. I am giving it another go.

Do I have to work with a sound hack if i am installing a 3rd party sound interface? I am going to follow your advice tomorrow night, and I hope it will work well! Wish me luck!

One thing - you mentioned attaching a 3rd part network driver...where exactly is that attached? Sorry, I have been out of this scene since my failed non deluxe p6t attempt. I am giving it another go.

Sorry, went back and hit attach this time around ;p

If you use a 3rd party sound device then you are better off just ignoring all of the sound drivers in this thread.

I've got my system running almost 100%. However....

every 3 or 4 seconds the system pauses. This manifests itself in three ways. 1/ the mouse pauses for about half a second, 2/ typing pauses for half a second if I'm typing a document, and 3/ screensaver (flurry in my case) pauses for half a second or so.

I'm using an i7-950 processor on the rev 2.0 board. 12gb RAM running at 1600. Geekbench scores of 10500+.

I used the DSDT from tonymac86 site, the only extensions I'm using in /Extra are fakesmc, IONetworkingFamily, JMicron36xATA, Legacy889HDA and NVEnabler.

Can anyone help me outt with what could be causing this, or what steps I can take to diagnose (maybe start eliminating drivers until I find the culprit??).

Edit 1. ok, discovered that this is caused by iTunes (latest version installed). When it is not running there is no mouse jerkiness or problems with typing or screensaver??? Anyone know why iTunes is causing this behaviour?

Edit 2. the solution was to delete AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from /S/L/E. Then to rebuild kext cache. Now everything is working perfectly.

Has anyone been able to get the 2 NEC d720200f1 USB ports too work? These are the 2 Blue Bottom USB 3.0 Ports on the Board?

I thought I noticed that mine worked when I was using jmicron esata kext, and didn't work when I didn't have it installed. Maybe the blue usbs go through the Jmicron esata controller?? Anyone confirm this?

Awesome! Great news! I suppose buying a mac network card would also make short work of incompatibilities as well!

truthfully, i'd like to get the built in networking ..working though!

Built in Network is working fine with this driver http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html hope it helps

Ok, i found a good solution for hotplugging external eSATA devices to our motherboard: The official updated driver from JMicron, JMicronATA.kext, Version 1.1.4 (Snow Leopard 10.6.4 has only 1.0). Shows perfectly in System Profiler as JMicron JMB363 eSATA AHCI.

You can find it here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/MAC OS X 10.x/

This solution is probably the best for all Gigabyte Boards with JMicron JMB363 eSATA ports.

Have fun! Now I can use my docking station as eSATA.

Professor©

Edit: The kext works better, but not perfectly. It's behaviour is erranous, unloads itself, and I can't find the reason why. Some disks seem to be able to mount and unmount. Some not. So, I guess its not the solution I hoped for

Thanks Professor good news indeed!

But cannot follow the link you provided and download the driver; and one more thing once downloaded they go in Extra/Extensions ?

I've got my system running almost 100%. However....

every 3 or 4 seconds the system pauses. This manifests itself in three ways. 1/ the mouse pauses for about half a second, 2/ typing pauses for half a second if I'm typing a document, and 3/ screensaver (flurry in my case) pauses for half a second or so.

I'm using an i7-950 processor on the rev 2.0 board. 12gb RAM running at 1600. Geekbench scores of 10500+.

I used the DSDT from tonymac86 site, the only extensions I'm using in /Extra are fakesmc, IONetworkingFamily, JMicron36xATA, Legacy889HDA and NVEnabler.

Can anyone help me outt with what could be causing this, or what steps I can take to diagnose (maybe start eliminating drivers until I find the culprit??).

Edit 1. ok, discovered that this is caused by iTunes (latest version installed). When it is not running there is no mouse jerkiness or problems with typing or screensaver??? Anyone know why iTunes is causing this behaviour?

Edit 2. the solution was to delete AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from /S/L/E. Then to rebuild kext cache. Now everything is working perfectly.

That is caused by your video card. Certain Nvidia cards do that.

A better solution is to find a disabler.kext that disables AppleUpstreaUserCLient.kext, otherwise you need to delete it every single update.

AUDIO SUCCESS!

So thanks to rankrotten I finally got the right HDEF code into the DSDT - I've updated the attachment in post #33 with the new DSDT file. That new DSDT, in combination with tonymac's Legacy889HDA.kext and this new patched AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.4 will give you *fully functional* audio, including encoded digital 5.1!

patched_10.6.4_AppleHDA.kext.zip

Legacy889HDA.kext.zip

update to 10.6.4, then replace existing AppleHDA with this patched one in S/L/E, put Legacy889HDA in E/E, repair permissions and rebuild kext caches, then reboot and enjoy a movie...

I need some help, I have the rev 2 of the ga-x58a-ud3r mobo, and i had a stable 10.6.3 system with working Ethernet. But when I updated to 10.6.4 like you said to do so I could get my audio working, but I got a black screen of death when I rebooted saying "Version mis-match between kernel and CPU pm". I tried to boot to safe mode and I got the same error. how do i fix this? (I have an i7 930 CPU)

I need some help, I have the rev 2 of the ga-x58a-ud3r mobo, and i had a stable 10.6.3 system with working Ethernet. But when I updated to 10.6.4 like you said to do so I could get my audio working, but I got a black screen of death when I rebooted saying "Version mis-match between kernel and CPU pm". I tried to boot to safe mode and I got the same error. how do i fix this? (I have an i7 930 CPU)

For ethernet use the driver I linked in my previous post it works fine for Audio I haven't tried yet but if you read back Professor was suggesting a new driver; I am using AppleHDA.kext right now but it is not 100% front does not work and it panics if I have the front audio jack plugged.

Ok, you have sleep enabler installed. No idea why, since this motherboard sleeps without it. You need to boot with the flag pmversion=20 (reference: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466).

After you get in delete that kext.

AppleHDA.kext needs to be re-installed after each major update. That is just the way it is, either that, or use VoodooHDA and have slightly inferior sound.

For some reason several people are having problems with audio, despite the solutions already being posted. So, here it is again:

1. Install Chameleon RC5

2. AppleHDA.kext needs to be dragged on top of Kext Utility, let it finish.

3. Copy and paste my Extra folder, replacing your current Extra folder.

4. Reboot and you are done.

Audio 5.1, digital audio, headphones with auto-detection, etc will all work.

All of d00d's edits, up to September 28th are done. Sleep will work, and all CPUs are supported with speedstep and correct P/C states.

All normal video cards are supported OOB other than the GTX 470, 480, HD58xx series, and non-reference designs.

Oh, and the realtek driver is ethernet support for 32/64-bit that does not break sleep. Install with kext utility if you need it.

Edit:

I now am using Lnx2Mac's ethernet drivers. They don't see to be giving me any problems and have a higher throughput than the one's I included in the package. You can find them here: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

Edit2:

I attached the USB 3.0 drivers (PXHCD.kext). install with kext utility to S/L/E

A mirror of the same files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4hbrnq27dlox3qd

http://www.mediafire.com/?6dw1hn4zwp3w7z0

MOB_files_X58A_UD3R_rev._2.0_2.zip

PXHCD.kext.zip

Thanks Mailorderbride; Cham 2.0 RC 5 works great!! Way faster boot, for me anyway.

So, I searched this forum and the web - and I know this is kinda minor issue, but does anyone know how to get the cool mac power led to "sleep" in S3 sleep mode? Mine is just off, rather than pulsing like a real Mac. Not sure if everyone's is also just off or not. (Again, I really did search for this answer, here and elsewhere.)

GA-x58A-UD3R Bios FB

core i7 920 OC to 3.3

dsdt and kexts all from here (or linked to from here.)

Cham 2.0 RC5 r518

RealtekR1000.kext

got QC/QE working w/ EVGA 9800GT, 512 MB card

Apple Magic Trackpad, Filco USB keyboard

OCZ Vertex SSD, w/ Cham on its own partition

Lian-Li PC-V800B Case

Of Course, I have the Power LED wires off the front of the case connected to the "Power LED" header on the mobo. There's a 3 wire header, with only PWR+ and PWR- connecting to it from case front

The other "Message/Power/Sleep LED" header seems to only work with S1, which of course doesn't do us any good.

Edit: Gigabyte support over at Tweaktown.com tried to get sleep light to work, but no joy. Oh well, like I say, very mnior.

Ok, you have sleep enabler installed. No idea why, since this motherboard sleeps without it. You need to boot with the flag pmversion=20 (reference: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466).

After you get in delete that kext.

AppleHDA.kext needs to be re-installed after each major update. That is just the way it is, either that, or use VoodooHDA and have slightly inferior sound.

For some reason several people are having problems with audio, despite the solutions already being posted. So, here it is again:

1. Install Chameleon RC5

2. AppleHDA.kext needs to be dragged on top of Kext Utility, let it finish.

3. Copy and paste my Extra folder, replacing your current Extra folder.

4. Reboot and you are done.

Audio 5.1, digital audio, headphones with auto-detection, etc will all work.

All of d00d's edits, up to September 28th are done. Sleep will work, and all CPUs are supported with speedstep and correct P/C states.

All normal video cards are supported OOB other than the GTX 470, 480, HD58xx series, and non-reference designs.

Oh, and the realtek driver is ethernet support for 32/64-bit that does not break sleep. Install with kext utility if you need it.

ok, i will give that a try! thank you for your help! I will let you know how it went when im finished doing what you said