10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

Hmm... you surprise me.

- It's not user related (the bug is present with all users, including the guest account)

- It's not system related (I re-installed Snow Leopard many times from fresh formatting)

- It's not GPU related (the bug is here with both my 8800GT and GTX260)

- It's not monitor related (the bug remains with a F2380M (DVI), a B2304WS (HDMI), and my HDMI TV (37XV555DG).

So... I can't diagnosticate from where it comes. :(

Sure I've asked already but have both your GPU's been Dual DVI and you use DVI to HDMI conv' or are they DVI, D-SUB, HDMI? and you are using the HDMI port ?

D

Sure I've asked already but have both your GPU's been Dual DVI and you use DVI to HDMI conv' or are they DVI, D-SUB, HDMI? and you are using the HDMI port ?

My GPUs are both dual DVI only.

I did the test with DVI to VGA with my monitor and there is no gamma bug.

I did the test with DVI to DVI with another monitor and there is no gamma bug.

So it seems related to HDMI or at least to DVI to HDMI.

most odd as DVI + HDMI are the same signal +or- the audio !

is your HDMI monitor's model recognised by OSX?

EDIT -- you don't have any form of dynamic contrast or similar enabled on the HDMI monitor?

Finally, it seems to be an OSX bug, not related to HDMI (happens with VGA too) :

Applications keep the gamma of the primary display (primary in the system, not primary in the GPU ports), no matter which it is.

You don't notice it because you're always at 1.8 or 2.2 on BOTH displays. But if the two monitors have different gamma settings (for instance, 1.6 on my HDTV = 2.2 on my PC monitor), you'll see it.

I noticed something strange after update, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up using the USB mouse, it [the mouse] stops working. If I disconnect and connect it again it works fine. The same happens with USB keyboard.

Anybody else with this problem?

Same here :/ But the rest is working fine (sound with kext from 10.6.2)

Any solution for bringing back mouse and keyboard after sleep?

I found a post in the Apple Support forums that exactly explains my problem and says it's a Snow Leopard bug.

I can confirm that I'm also experiencing this problem. When using multiple monitors, It seems that colorsync asserts the gamma curve from the profile for the primary monitor (the default specified in the arrange panel under the displays pref pane) over the secondary monitor. In other words, switching between different colour profiles for the primary monitor invariably affects the gamma displayed by the secondary monitor. Resultingly, whichever monitor contains the OS X finder toolbar is the only monitor which displays color correctly, obliterating a multi-monitor design workflow where both screens need to be accurate.

This should NOT be happening - must be a nasty colorsync bug.

In 10.5., the user was able to arbitrarily define the primary monitor (under colorsync utility) regardless of the toolbar positioning (under displays), and 10.5. did not suffer from this gamma-shift issue.

In 10.6.*, the aforementioned functionality is gone, implying that assignment of color profiles in a multi-screen setup is handled differently (erroneously) by colorsync, effectively making color-accurate work across multiple different screens (MBP/iMac + external screen, for example) impossible.

Anyone have any idea about recourse for this issue?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...&tstart=120

Mac OS X v10.6.3 v1.1 Update (Combo) released April 12, 2010

About Mac OS X v10.6.3 v1.1 Update (Combo)

The 10.6.3 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X

address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications

address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail

resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications

resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers

improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode

improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand

address a color issue in iMovie with HD content

improve printing reliability

resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server

improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices

fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera

Updated to 10.6.3 v1.1 build 10D578 without any issues.

Had to save and replace that patched AppleHDA.kext, of course.

It's not showing in Software Update here :D

Updated by downloading the package from Apple website.

I noticed something strange after update, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up using the USB mouse, it [the mouse] stops working. If I disconnect and connect it again it works fine. The same happens with USB keyboard.

Anybody else with this problem?

I had the same problem and found a dsdt fix (at least for my mobo)

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry6531

I hope it can help

[EDIT] The fix is not a fix :( it gives removal device error to ehci device after wake

Hi

can you tell us what did you delete from dsdt??? Do you still use alc662.kext????

the same motherboard here... worked with 10.6.2 (dsdt+alc662.kext+original applehda.kext)

thanks for any help

Any update how to make alc662 work on 10.6.3?

thanks

i have an unicorn that {censored} skitles.. i see him every night when i sleep!

by the way ich10 will never support hotplug. by intel design.. the 10r is raid capable..raid= hotplug