Who's the best live band you've ever seen?

Swad

91 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, don't laugh, but the best live performance I've seen was probably Tina Turner. Very polished professional performance (even with a phoned-in bomb threat in the middle). As we left the concert, they flashed up photos of the crowd and stage taken during the show on the big screen.

I personally don't go for large stadium concerts because, in my experience, the sound is {censored}e and you have to watch a big screen the whole time (which is out of sync with the sound). I prefer smaller venues where you can actually get closer to the performers.

Best concert overall though was probably Supergroove. Tiny venue and it was freakin' madness.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Joel was really good when i saw himabout 10 years ago. Gin Blossoms were good too.

Trans Siberian Orchestra amazing, the light show, the music, the whole Christmas sense of their music, they were an amazing show.

Meat Loaf was good, but he's getting old, and it shows.

Queen + Paul Rodgers was good, but no one can beat Freddie Mercury...ever

I'd have to say that so far, TSO is probably the best i've seen, but, as you can tell above, i havent seen many, but hopefully i'll be seeing Live, and maybe Styx over the summer, if i have the money.

I've been to a lot of concerts and have seen a lot of good ones and bad ones. But the one I thought of when I first saw the topic was an MxPx concert I went to at the Big Easy in Boise, ID. Their stage presence is amazing and I loved all the guitar aerobatics.

Idlewild/Zutons/Feeder/REM at Lancashire County Cricket Ground was awesome value for money, but I suppose the James comeback gig at the MEN a couple of weeks back was the best. Lots of people in Manchester afterwards were noticing my t-shirt and wanting to know how good it was, when they were releasing more, and generally being chatty. Plus the band were amazing!

• 1 month later...

The best band I have ever seen live would without a doubt be Valient Thorr.

They have been voted number 3 or so on bands you must see before you die.

There stage shows are incredible.

I recomend them to everyony.

• 3 months later...