Welcome to the SigmaTel 9200 Driver Initiative!

james2mart

359 posts in this topic

For those with 3945 cards, just hit ebay and get a Dell Truemobile 1490, based on broadcom.

I got mine for less than 15 bucks shipped and it works great in OS X. Sell the 3945 and you've got your $ back right there. You'll save time in the long run, and get a card that is just as capable.

As for the Sigmatel 9200 .. damn I wish there was a solution for that. Dell D620. Wirless is great now, got the NVidia card so that's covered, now its pretty much just a 9200 driver and some sort of fix to make the damn thing sleep properly.

most of the people i have talked to on here and in other forums have the most problems with the stac 9200 driver on a dell B130/1300. This is also the model i have, after tons of research and having talked with a Tech from Dell I found out that just the driver wont work on a Windows install. He says that if you want audio to work you have to install the Dell Notebook System Software from their support and drivers website. Then install the driver to correctly get the driver to work.....this sucks.

If there is a way to see the configuration files and work around all this stuff maybe port this software to a Intel Mac compatible format then we should be able to get audio in and out working correctly.

Tonight when i get out from class ill begin breaking this stuff down and working as hard as i can to get a better driver and a new beta out by the end of the month. can't make any promises since i work 50 hours a week and go to college full time, but ima work my damndest on this damn thing.

P.S. Has anyone else updated to the 10.4.8 JaS and had your processor show up as 0Mhz?

P.P.S. i love you guys. hahahaha

im tierd.

P.P.P.S. Sigmatel sold their audio department to IDT.com - so ill have to search around there for more information and stuff as well.

pin compatible!!!

The STAC9200 is available in 3.3V and 5.0V analog supply voltages and is

available for sampling now with volume shipments expected in 1Q05.

The STAC9200

is pin compatible with previous products

---------------------------------------

in the SigmaTel PC audio codecs family

and is available in 48-pin LQFP and 32-pad QFN package options. The STAC9200 is

priced at $0.95 for 10,000 unit quantities. Package options include

environmentally friendly packages free of lead and other harmful compounds.

let's find out witch chips are on the laptop,... 48-pin lqfp or 32-qfn,....

google images 48 lqfp that one is doable, to clip of the board, and replace it,....

the qfn,.. forget it

the D820, D620 has it too, sigmatel 9200,...

does anything have to be done to the bios ?

others

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...09220&st=20

thanks, Robert

Is this true?

"Need to install DELL notebook system software"

So if I do a a clear install of the DELL laptop with windowsXP, i always have to use dells drivers? instead of sigmatel/broadcom/intel?

Can anyone already confirm this?

for the sound with my experience is that you have to install the dell notebook software and then the sigmatel drivers for it the sound card.

but i used broadcom and intel drivers for the wifi and chipsets

pin compatible!!!

The STAC9200 is available in 3.3V and 5.0V analog supply voltages and is

available for sampling now with volume shipments expected in 1Q05.

The STAC9200

is pin compatible with previous products

---------------------------------------

in the SigmaTel PC audio codecs family

and is available in 48-pin LQFP and 32-pad QFN package options. The STAC9200 is

priced at $0.95 for 10,000 unit quantities. Package options include

environmentally friendly packages free of lead and other harmful compounds.

let's find out witch chips are on the laptop,... 48-pin lqfp or 32-qfn,....

google images 48 lqfp that one is doable, to clip of the board, and replace it,....

the qfn,.. forget it

the D820, D620 has it too, sigmatel 9200,...

does anything have to be done to the bios ?

others

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...09220&st=20

thanks, Robert

huh?

It's a shame the Inspiron 9400 has a few botched elements, like the unsupported STAC9200.

I personally think the sound and speakers on the Inspiron 9300 were miles better.

I hope work continues on this project, t'would be nice to finally use sound without an external firewire device :(

James i will be getting a new intel board soon (965) it has the 9227 sigmatel onboard audio chip, do you think there is any chance of that being supported?

Man, i have to say, things really look bleak for the sigmatel 9227. My Dell XPS410 has this chip on it and I pretty much seem to be SOL on audio output.

Well I've still been working on this when I can. Health wise I'm better, just been swamped catching up with real life as well. Don't have anything to release yet... and don't really have a timetable.

excellent!

glad to hear things are well in the camp.

• 2 weeks later...

After reviewing the work being done in the AppleHDA.kext thread... I am convinced that is the method to pursue. It was my original method of trying to get these cards working anyway... it was how we originally made progress and got sound with the 9223 Sigmatels...

I am dropping working on a new driver and turning my attention to helping out with work on creating AppleHDA.kext fixes for the 9200 and 9250 folks.

I believe completely in this being the answer.