Welcome to the SigmaTel 9200 Driver Initiative!

james2mart

359 posts in this topic

Yes, I was looking at that too... I also think that is the way to success... I just don't know where to begin...

If we can get this Sigmatel 9200 to work, our laptops would be perfet... i just cant see myself using XP or Vista ever again... (i used to have a MacBook G4 .. and I almost forgot how nice OS X is)

Well, a lot of work to do.

However, today i got at Best Buy a Turtle Beach USB Audio Advantage Micro for just $32.99.

It's just great!!! It works out of the box, it shows in sound, also it shows up in the finder, pretty fine.

But no luck at all, remember that it hust works for line out, no speakers. It powers up itself from USB.

CoreAudio applications working well, Garage Band working fine!!!

MIDI out, very good, sounds great since Mac OS X has a WaveTable sound.

Thanks to the guys that are helping to make the 9250 to work.

Edited by jsn1

Well, a lot of work to do.

However, today i got at Best Buy a Turtle Beach USB Audio Advantage Micro for just $32.99.

It's just great!!! It works out of the box, it shows in sound, also it shows up in the finder, pretty fine.

But no luck at all, remember that it hust works for line out, no speakers. It powers up itself from USB.

CoreAudio applications working well, Garage Band working fine!!!

MIDI out, very good, sounds great since Mac OS X has a WaveTable sound.

Thanks to the guys that are helping to make the 9250 to work.

Why didn't you spring for the Amigo? Has Mic-In support as well as a built in Mic.

Would love to hear my ichoonz, I got the 9200 as well, I got an imic but took it back due to it's bulk in the portability department (and the sound quality is lower then the High definition audio in my Sigmatel )

I have a dell E1705 and happen to have the Intel 3945A/B/G. I win twice with Dell. (glad the dual core and the video work now though. Great work!)

Edited by Darkside

So basically the net result of me searching for a sigmatel 9200 audio driver for my inspirion 9400, has been that there is no driver at the moment.

Is this the still the case or is someone out there about to release one???

Would be really good if they did as my computer is running osx 10.4.6 beautifully at the moment,..

well almost beautifully will be better when i can get the sound working ... ... ...

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no mobile versions of the Core Duo processor work with both core's enabled on a hackintosh install.

It has been reported across the board.

Sorry to burst your bubble kevin, Darkside must be completely mistaken.

The cpus and idlehalt method are the only ways of fixing the issue, short from disabling multi-core in the BIOS.

Edited by devilhood

that's what I thought, especially since I've been investigating it for freakin ever!!

But I've confirmed it's a DELL Bios issue with me, in other words their bios sucks...actually bios sucks in general and I'm really looking forward to the EFIx86 being released! because that will give us a complete native os x with upgrades both cores etc.

FYI: I'm calling a company today that offer's "Bios Upgrades" to see if they have a customizable Bios replacement for Dell 9400/e1705, probably not but it's worth a try especially since I've tried every method possible to get into the hidden fields in the bios

My 1405 is only a few months old and I have 2 years of warranty on it that will probably see an added year. I would not be willing to lose a paid warranty over dual cores. I was one of the first to report that 2 cores were no go with new kernel, and I too have been searching for a fix since the beginning. I'm still on the fence as to the bios being the problem, my 1405 has more options then I've seen on most laptops and I don't understand what features or options you guys think are missing that would help the situation. Bios are limited on notebooks for a reason, to protect the manufactures ass and to keep users from frying their machines.

I can run both cores in any other OS, that is what leads me to believe that this is strictly an osx kernel and mobile cpu issue :idea: