Welcome to the SigmaTel 9200 Driver Initiative!

james2mart

359 posts in this topic

Hope you're getting better rogabean. If you would like me to look over your snippets of code, I'd be thrilled. I'm busy with loads of schoolwork, but since I live in a dorm, I always have free time occasionally. If JaS puts out a working 10.4.8 DVD I am probably going to switch half my hard to OSx86 drive again.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but maybe you can help :D

I boot into OS x86 with MY mx6920, and I get a bunch of jibberish on the screen (I figured out the SATA problem...turns out I was using a 10.4.1 installer)

Once I get past this, I will see what I can do about this Sigmatel stuff...

The status is... looking at a computer screen for more then 20 minutes make my head hurt like you wouldn't believe... so unless I snail mail the code lying around.. I can't really solicit help.

I haven't even been able to look at the code recently... or even boot into OS X as of late.

I'm not saying I'm done.. cuz I'm not... I'm going to get this sound driver working at some point, but it won't be anytime soon.

They've switched meds and hopefully (they hope) I'll be in working order soon... god I really hope so.

I miss just sitting at the computer and coding.

edit: oh hell! the 10.4.8 kernel finally got cracked! ok... that's motivation (see how out of the loop I've been??) to get back to health and get this driver working.

After seeing the effects of the new Titan driver, I have the feeling that the same might be possible with the sigmatel 9200. I'm having an idea that the info.plist file is quite a bit more configurable than we thought. It fails to load at bootup with a "layout-id" property error. LayoutID is in Info.plist, and there are quite a few of them. I will be giving this a shot once I get my laptop monitor working with Titan. :)

After seeing the effects of the new Titan driver, I have the feeling that the same might be possible with the sigmatel 9200. I'm having an idea that the info.plist file is quite a bit more configurable than we thought. It fails to load at bootup with a "layout-id" property error. LayoutID is in Info.plist, and there are quite a few of them. I will be giving this a shot once I get my laptop monitor working with Titan. :(

Sigmatel 9220 is listed througout the AppleHDA.kext in 10.4.8. It is strange that people with that audio chipset haven't found that their sound is supported fully with sound-in and sound-out with multichannel and SPDIF.

In the AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/Info.plist:

2206496386 (dec) = 0x83847682 = Sigmatel something (maybe 9222 or 9223?)

2206496384 (dec) = 0x83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

In AppleHDA.kext -> Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

283904133 (dec) = 0x10EC0885 = Realtek 885

2206496384 (dec) = 0x83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

-2088470912 (dec) = 0xFFFFFFFF83847680 = Sigmatel 9220

Sigmatel 9220 is listed througout the AppleHDA.kext in 10.4.8. It is strange that people with that audio chipset haven't found that their sound is supported fully with sound-in and sound-out with multichannel and SPDIF.

Is that the same for 9200 :(

Is that the same for 9200 :(

I listed all of the codecs currently in the Info.plists for the above kexts.

That's not to say that adding the Sigmatel 9200 vendor/device id's may not help, but first it should be determined why people with Sigmatel 9220 are not seeing benefits from the AppleHDA.kext in 10.4.8.

FYI. I have attempted modifying the Info.list for AppleHDA.kext everywhich way from sunday in the same fashion that we got the 9223 chips working including the hexedit.

It does not work for the 9200 or 9250 chipsets. Even after the layout-id is properly defined it still will not properly register it.

I of course have not attempted under the new 10.4.8 kernel(s), but it would be trivial for me to try when I can and report back to you.

Where is this project at? I would be interested in contributing code/porting efforts if someone that has the ball rolling fills me in on where they are. If no one has any meaningful progress I could start from scratch but I dont want to reinvent the wheel if we are almost there...or even part way there ;)

Currently... the project is at me with a lot of hand written code to be honest. I haven't had time to work on thigs due to health issues.. and now I'm trying to get myself up and running under the new kernels before moving forward... so yr welcome to take a stab or wait.. either or.. :compress:

Thanks for your reply Rogabean.

So, It looks that this is going to take more time than expected? Well, your health is the most important thing.

Hope you get well soon.

See ya'.

Haha, longer than expected... there is no "expected" time for a driver to be released.

Just wanted to say hope you get well soon rogabean. :(

roga - a genuine offer here - i have a D945GTPLR-based system, which has a Sigmatel 9223 onboard (if you recall, you helped me out with figuring some stuff out for it before), and also a macbook pro. i'm not afraid to break my install on either machine, and im sufficiently technical to be of geniune use, imho.

let me know.

ps health first, code second.