[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Did anyone manage to get the battery indicator to work with DSDT only?

Would be cool to get rid of yet another kext :)

Not that I'm aware of, but now using the latest VoooBattery.kext by Superhai, I've all of a sudden lost the charge level indicator. Now, with the A/C adapter unplugged, it just shows 0%, with it plugged in, it reads (Not Charging) instead of the usual percentage or time.

Also, my external USB HD disconnect shortly after boot up, perhaps a related issue. Is the USB port not getting enough current?

Not that I'm aware of, but now using the latest VoooBattery.kext by Superhai, I've all of a sudden lost the charge level indicator. Now, with the A/C adapter unplugged, it just shows 0%, with it plugged in, it reads (Not Charging) instead of the usual percentage or time.

Also, my external USB HD disconnect shortly after boot up, perhaps a related issue. Is the USB port not getting enough current?

Check your console log for any clues related to the disconnection of the USB HD.

For VoodooBattery.kext, this one is working for me under S/L/E

Give it a try.

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

Hello Fellow geeks lol.

Ive been following the scene for awhile...im on my 6th hackintosh, a Dell m1530 2.5ghz Nvidia 8600gt 4gb ram blah blah. Ive read every page of this thread, which seems that is being followed mostly by m1330 users, and several other m1530 threads but still have gotten this beast past 90% working.

Im running the last m1530 ANYCPU DSDT from this article and some various kexts.

Everything is working EXCEPT the following:

Bluetooth

SHUTDOWN WORKS - but RESTART hangs

MY CPU reports as 2.49 ghz.... During my many install attempts I, when using Superhai's boot disk I did see 2.5ghz. Would that definitely be my DSDT causing the cpu speed misreport?

Any positive support is greatly appreciated!

Kevlar

Activate the WLAN-BT-Killswitch, boot Windows and check if Bluetooth is also activated by the driver. Then it will work on OSX, too.

I suggest you to install the latest chameleon bootloader from the mozdojo branch. It has a built-in restart fix which works most of the time.

Activate the WLAN-BT-Killswitch, boot Windows and check if Bluetooth is also activated by the driver. Then it will work on OSX, too.

I suggest you to install the latest chameleon bootloader from the mozdojo branch. It has a built-in restart fix which works most of the time.

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually remembered the Windoze software off/on effects osx thing after my post, unfortunately I destroyed my MBR of my vista partition when I was trying to install chamelion. That will have to be another post in another thread lol.

Do you have a link for that chamelion build? Is it an installer or do I have to install manually?

Thanks again!

Kevlar

Click here and download chameleon build 629. It ships with an installer. With that build OSX restarts successfully most of the time. Nevertheless I recommend to shutdown and power on manually when you want to reboot. Especially when you want to reboot into Windows, because some parts of your modified DSDT stays in the memory when you reboot and may cause problems in conjunction with Windows.

Another issue...

Im also realizing that im not getting Quartz Extreme accleration. When I use osx86 tools, it will not allow me to bring up the menu and gives a "...registry.." blah blah error.

Sorry to be so Vague....Ive been over so many threads my head is spinning. lol

Thanks again!

Kev

Click here and download chameleon build 629. It ships with an installer. With that build OSX restarts successfully most of the time. Nevertheless I recommend to shutdown and power on manually when you want to reboot. Especially when you want to reboot into Windows, because some parts of your modified DSDT stays in the memory when you reboot and may cause problems in conjunction with Windows.

Awesome, ill try it tonight. Im not worried about windows as I think Im about to completely switch.

Any ideas on Quartz extreme? Before I was using this DSDT, I had NATIT.kext working fine including QTZ Extreme...but that kext prevents shutdowns and such. Hmm....

Thanks again and in advance!

Kev

dell 1420 C-state power management not initialized?

Who help me?

There is yet NO solution to this issue on our rigs.

Check your console log for any clues related to the disconnection of the USB HD.

For VoodooBattery.kext, this one is working for me under S/L/E

Give it a try.

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

Thanks, but it is the same one that I already have. It used to work, but now it does not. Nothing in logs either.

Another issue...

Im also realizing that im not getting Quartz Extreme accleration. When I use osx86 tools, it will not allow me to bring up the menu and gives a "...registry.." blah blah error.

Sorry to be so Vague....Ive been over so many threads my head is spinning. lol

Thanks again!

Kev

Awesome, ill try it tonight. Im not worried about windows as I think Im about to completely switch.

Any ideas on Quartz extreme? Before I was using this DSDT, I had NATIT.kext working fine including QTZ Extreme...but that kext prevents shutdowns and such. Hmm....

Thanks again and in advance!

Kev

OSX86Tools.app is nearly obsolete on the x64 Snow Leopard.

The new 10.6.5 update seems to break wake up from sleep on my M1330. If I turn it off and on after a failed wake up attempt it will recover successfully using the hibernate file. How about you M1530 people?

There is yet NO solution to this issue on our rigs.

Thanks, but it is the same one that I already have. It used to work, but now it does not. Nothing in logs either.

OSX86Tools.app is nearly obsolete on the x64 Snow Leopard.

DarwinX,

Re: battery status indicator. Try backing up (for safety) then blowing away your preferences. Then set use the preference panel to set the battery monitor back on in the status bar.

This worked for me on the couple of occasions when messing with VoodooBattery and the systemtype chameleon parameter caused mine to disappear.

Actually, uou can do a quick test by logging in as another user, renaming your home directory and then logging back in.

The new 10.6.5 update seems to break wake up from sleep on my M1330. If I turn it off and on after a failed wake up attempt it will recover successfully using the hibernate file. How about you M1530 people?

The same thing with my M1530! Hope we´ll soon find a solution!

DarwinX,

Re: battery status indicator. Try backing up (for safety) then blowing away your preferences. Then set use the preference panel to set the battery monitor back on in the status bar.

This worked for me on the couple of occasions when messing with VoodooBattery and the systemtype chameleon parameter caused mine to disappear.

Actually, uou can do a quick test by logging in as another user, renaming your home directory and then logging back in.

Strangely enough, the 10.6.5 update has brought the battery indicator back!

Is the SystemType=2 correct notebook Chameleon 2 RC5 parameter?

It actually has 6 system types with no explanation anywhere as to which one is which. Thanks!

The same thing with my M1530! Hope we´ll soon find a solution!

I had the same problem. Resume from sleep to ram didn't work but holding down the power button to force shutdown and then starting again showed the resume from hard disk worked.

I worked around the problem by forcing sleep to only ram.

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

This means if your battery becomes exhausted you don't get suspended to disk though.

This could be caused by the enhancement they made to power management and sleep modes for the new MBAirs.

Or I was thinking it might be due to USB as I've read some folks are having USB problems after updating to 10.6.5

Anyone use the chameleon usb parameters? I currently don't but may try them to see if I can get deep sleep back.

@DarwinX

Yes in boot.plist

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>2</string>

is the correct Chameleon parameter.

I had the same problem. Resume from sleep to ram didn't work but holding down the power button to force shutdown and then starting again showed the resume from hard disk worked.

I worked around the problem by forcing sleep to only ram.

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

This means if your battery becomes exhausted you don't get suspended to disk though.

This could be caused by the enhancement they made to power management and sleep modes for the new MBAirs.

Or I was thinking it might be due to USB as I've read some folks are having USB problems after updating to 10.6.5

Anyone use the chameleon usb parameters? I currently don't but may try them to see if I can get deep sleep back.

Thank you! I´ll try it right away!

Actually my greatest problem is that my system shuts down after a while because it overheats after a while. According to Coolbook it reaches about 75°C ! This happens if I start the system with MacBookPro 5,1 in the smbios.plist. So I changed it to MacBookPro4,1 and the system doesn´t shut down any more but I´m stuck with 800Mhz (according to CoolBook)! Hope someone can help...someday! Sorry for hijacking the thread, I was just wondering if someone else has the same problem?

@DarwinX

Yes in boot.plist

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>2</string>

is the correct Chameleon parameter.

Thanks. I use the USBBusFix=Yes parameter in my CABP with C2RC5, it seems to work.

Looking at your signature, I have noticed that you are using ApplePS2Controller.kext. Does it provide you with the ability to scroll? If so, how did you achieve that? Also, the edited AppleHDA.kext, would you share that as I would like to rid myself of the buggy VoodooHDA.kext and hopefully VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I had something odd happen to my setup. I was experimenting with video bios's to see if I could get HDMI working on M1330 (no luck there unfortunately), and when I went to revert my setup, video was broken. I would just get a black screen. I'm fairly confident that my configuration before and after was the same. I found that by using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option in com.apple.Boot.plist, I was able to get my graphics back, but I never needed this option before. Has anybody else encountered something like this? I am running 10.6.5. I'm thinking of recommending to use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag in the guide.

Immo