[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

There is a new graphic update that i installed without any problems.

I wish that it will solve the HDMI output problem.

Can someone test it as i didn't have my HDMI cable anymore ?

Thanks.

Josh.

That Apple MBP software v1.3 update played havec on my 10.6.3 after installing it from the DMG not Apple SOftware update. I had to reinstall 10.6.3

Every time I opened Safari I would get the Apply Spin wheel. Maybe it screwed with the Java files not sure?

I installed it manually, and there is no other bootloader.

I formatted hard disc during installation of OS X, and then installed Chameleon manually. When I turn the computer the Chamelen shows up and lets me choose what to boot (there is nothing on other partitions except OS X installation on one of the partitions)

How can I see if it is active?

Does it need to be active and how do I make it active if it needs to be?

I think it has to be to boot at all but I'm not 100% sure about that. Check out the link below.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22844

I keep on receiving "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) while trying to use this installer.

Anybody have some input?

Regards,

D

I keep on receiving "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) while trying to use this installer.

Anybody have some input?

Regards,

D

Figured it out... right click > show package stuff > moved the mpkg > installed.

-D

Hi :) ,

I'm expecting some issues with my Snow Leopard installation.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with T8100 CPU and Nvidia 8600M GT GPU.

It boots properly but I still have many things to fix.

I've downloaded your DSDT.aml file (DSDT_M1530_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20091117.zip) and moved it into the /Extra directory.

I've installed the following kexts in /Extra/Extensions

• AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • VoodooBattery.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I've found AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext in THIS topic.

I've found VoodooBattery.kext on the official website.

Theses kexts were already installed

• AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • fakesmc.kext
  • IOATAFamily.kext

Here is my com.apple.Boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,3)</string>

</dict>

</plist>

And despite all that things, I still don't have:

• sound working (nothing, no sound!)
  • speedstep, shutdown, restart and sleep (I've downloaded CoolBook to check if speedstep works but I don't know what to do with that tool)
  • graphic card working (no QE, no hardware acceleration...)
  • trackpad correctly working (tough I have VoodooPS2Controller.kext, the trackpad is way too sensitive. It is not usable. And of course, scrolling don't work)

I noticed something interesting in the fist post of this topic:

EDIT 2009/10/22 -> I ran into an interesting problem here. I installed 10.6 Snow Leopard on a second partition leaving 10.5 intact on it's partition, and Snow Leopard was looking at the com.apple.Boot.plist on the 10.5 partition! This appears to be a Chameleon bug.

In fact, I have two partitions on my harddrive, one for Leopard (disk0s2) and one for Snow Leopard (disk0s3). When I start the laptop and when the Chameleon 2 RC3 screen pops up, the OS already selected is Leopard (tough Chameleon is on the Snow Leopard partition). Perhaps that I run the same problem, perhaps that all the modifications I made didn't take place because of that.

An other interesting problem. As you can see, I've added the key "Default Partition" to hd(0,3) which is my Snow Leopard partition but it didn't change anything. Leopard is still the default partition when Chameleon pops up.

I hope you guys'll be able to help me :P .

I can't wait for your replies : :P .

Thanks.

Edited by Gilgha

For sound, the VoodooHDA.kext must be placed in the /s/l/e folder rather than /e/e one.

For GPU hardware acceleration, GraphicsEnabler = Yes must be added to the com.apple.boot.plist which allows Chameleon graphics injection (alternately DSDT.aml)

Speedstep does work with the proper DSDT.aml, Chameleon RC5 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766 along with the proper CABP keys and a modified FakeSMC.kext http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206

Trackpad works nearly perfectly via the VoodooPS2Controller.kext / AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext along with the Trackpad preference pane.

All is available for a stable system performance, just read this thread or at least the first post entirely, ask questions.

For sound, the VoodooHDA.kext must be placed in the /s/l/e folder rather than /e/e one.

For GPU hardware acceleration, GraphicsEnabler = Yes must be added to the com.apple.boot.plist which allows Chameleon graphics injection (alternately DSDT.aml)

Speedstep does work with the proper DSDT.aml, Chameleon RC5 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766 along with the proper CABP keys and a modified FakeSMC.kext http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206

Trackpad works nearly perfectly via the VoodooPS2Controller.kext / AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext along with the Trackpad preference pane.

All is available for a stable system performance, just read this thread or at least the first post entirely, ask questions.

Thanks for your reply.

I moved VoodooHDA.kext into the /S/L/E directory and it works! I have sound enabled. But the volume is less lounder than it should be. It becomes hearable only when I reach half of the volume bars. How can I fix that?

I also added GraphicsEnabler=yes in Boot.plist and it seems to work. I can now watch 1080p videos on YouTube fluently. But what about QE?

511a5d43-dc8b-4a1a-9712-f4c1be7c3259_Capture-decran-2010-08-20-a-173547.png

Is that screenshot makes you think everything work OK?

I already had VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the /E/E directory and, I swear, trackpad experience is very weak. Moreover, when I try to open the prefpanel I get a "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found" error. Perhaps you can upload me your kexts?

I downloaded a DSDT.aml made for the exact same configuration as me. A T8100 CPU and a 8600M GT GPU so I guess it should work perfectly. It has fixed shutdown and sleep issues (tough restart still doesn't work and my wifi card can't connect to Internet after the PC wakes up). Speedstep seems to work (I can change the CPU load in CoolBook) but I don't understand a thing about C-states, P-states, and so on. I have Chameleon RC3, should I add "GenerateCStates=Yes" and "GeneratePStates=Yes" in the Boot.plist?

I also downloaded a FakeSMC.kext made for the exact same configuration as me.

How can I check if speedstep works PERFECTLY?

Thank you!

EDIT: Can I do all system updates?

Hi Guys,

There is a new graphic update that i installed without any problems.

I wish that it will solve the HDMI output problem.

Can someone test it as i didn't have my HDMI cable anymore ?

Thanks.

Josh.

Unfortunately and unsurprisingly HDMI is still broken with the 10.6.4 graphic update. It's a shame. As long as I was into OS-86X I was disappointed just that I couldn't get sound through HDMI. At least it works great with VGA which is what I'm doing now, and it's not that big a deal since sound never worked through it anyways (I have one of those monitors where I have to choose either HDMI or VGA, no DVI).

Fortunately I'm not seeing the beach ball issue with Safari. I also installed the Java update.

Immo

Thanks for your reply.

I moved VoodooHDA.kext into the /S/L/E directory and it works! I have sound enabled. But the volume is less lounder than it should be. It becomes hearable only when I reach half of the volume bars. How can I fix that?

I also added GraphicsEnabler=yes in Boot.plist and it seems to work. I can now watch 1080p videos on YouTube fluently. But what about QE?

Is that screenshot makes you think everything work OK?

I already had VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the /E/E directory and, I swear, trackpad experience is very weak. Moreover, when I try to open the prefpanel I get a "ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found" error. Perhaps you can upload me your kexts?

I downloaded a DSDT.aml made for the exact same configuration as me. A T8100 CPU and a 8600M GT GPU so I guess it should work perfectly. It has fixed shutdown and sleep issues (tough restart still doesn't work and my wifi card can't connect to Internet after the PC wakes up). Speedstep seems to work (I can change the CPU load in CoolBook) but I don't understand a thing about C-states, P-states, and so on. I have Chameleon RC3, should I add "GenerateCStates=Yes" and "GeneratePStates=Yes" in the Boot.plist?

I also downloaded a FakeSMC.kext made for the exact same configuration as me.

How can I check if speedstep works PERFECTLY?

Thank you!

EDIT: Can I do all system updates?

1. Install this: Then add the GenerateC/PStates=Yes and DropDSDT=Yes (CPU specific DSDT).

2. Install modded by Slice with all the proper plug ins for YOUR rig.

3. Here are my PS2 kexts: along with the Trackpad preference pane which loads properly (Device ID check removed from its info.plist):

1. Install this: Then add the GenerateC/PStates=Yes and DropDSDT=Yes (CPU specific DSDT).

2. Install modded by Slice with all the proper plug ins for YOUR rig.

3. Here are my PS2 kexts: along with the Trackpad preference pane which loads properly (Device ID check removed from its info.plist):

Thanks for your reply.

I've installed Chameleon RC5 and added the proper key but again, I don't know how to check if C/P-States are working. As I don't know how to check if my graphic card works perfectly.

The FakeSMC you attached to this post brought a kernel panic on boot. So I kept my old fakesmc.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext worked fine! I can now use my trackpad and scroll. But when I tried to install the Trackpad.prefPane, it made the System Preferences crashed and now I can't open it anymore!

e435547d-3a9b-428f-a0c0-303ffe0e0619_Capture-decran-2010-08-21-a-191825.png

The error log is attached to this post.

This is really annoying not to be able to open the Pref Panel.

EDIT: Growl updated himself and now I'm able to open the pref panel.

I was wondering if I can upgrade the system to 10.6.4 without any risks?

prefpanel.rtf

Thanks for your reply.

I've installed Chameleon RC5 and added the proper key but again, I don't know how to check if C/P-States are working. As I don't know how to check if my graphic card works perfectly.

The FakeSMC you attached to this post brought a kernel panic on boot. So I kept my old fakesmc.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext worked fine! I can now use my trackpad and scroll. But when I tried to install the Trackpad.prefPane, it made the System Preferences crashed and now I can't open it anymore!

e435547d-3a9b-428f-a0c0-303ffe0e0619_Capture-decran-2010-08-21-a-191825.png

The error log is attached to this post.

This is really annoying not to be able to open the Pref Panel.

EDIT: Growl updated himself and now I'm able to open the pref panel.

I was wondering if I can upgrade the system to 10.6.4 without any risks?

The FakeSMC.kext MUST go into the s/l/e folder rather than the e/e folder. Do try this again, this version is MUCH superior to the basic one of Netkas.

The System Preferences app crash is likely caused by either the conflict with Apple's own Trackpad.prefPane (Remove it as it is completely useless) or incorrect permissions.

It is fixed by manually removing all Trackpad preferance panes and fixing permissions. (/Library/PreferencePanes - Apple's original, /System/Library/PreferencePanes or/Users/USER/Library/PreferencePanes - for modded one.

There are many but OpenGL Extension Viewer by Realtech VR http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html is a good tool for benching graphics.

Among others, Superhai's VoodooMonitor.app allows you to determine the status of your power management. I just use the IORegistry Explorer. I hear MSR Tools work as well.

The C-States do NOT work on our rigs at this moment, perhaps they never will.

The DSDT.aml along with the Chameleon RC5 should allow you to use Apple's Software Update safely without any AICPM Disabler kexts.

That Apple MBP software v1.3 update played havec on my 10.6.3 after installing it from the DMG not Apple SOftware update. I had to reinstall 10.6.3

Every time I opened Safari I would get the Apply Spin wheel. Maybe it screwed with the Java files not sure?

Hey I was just thinking... I had terrible beach ball problems at one point, especially when the computer was opening the internet for something. I eventually figured out it was a result of VoodooTSCSync.kext conflicting with Paragon NTFS for Mac 7. I pulled out the VoodooTSCSync.kext and my problem went away. Don't need that kext for these computers anyways. Any chance you have that kext installed?

Immo

The FakeSMC.kext MUST go into the s/l/e folder rather than the e/e folder. Do try this again, this version is MUCH superior to the basic one of Netkas.

The System Preferences app crash is likely caused by either the conflict with Apple's own Trackpad.prefPane (Remove it as it is completely useless) or incorrect permissions.

It is fixed by manually removing all Trackpad preferance panes and fixing permissions. (/Library/PreferencePanes - Apple's original, /System/Library/PreferencePanes or/Users/USER/Library/PreferencePanes - for modded one.

There are many but OpenGL Extension Viewer by Realtech VR http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html is a good tool for benching graphics.

Among others, Superhai's VoodooMonitor.app allows you to determine the status of your power management. I just use the IORegistry Explorer. I hear MSR Tools work as well.

The C-States do NOT work on our rigs at this moment, perhaps they never will.

The DSDT.aml along with the Chameleon RC5 should allow you to use Apple's Software Update safely without any AICPM Disabler kexts.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I upgraded to 10.6.4 and except that AppleHDA.kext came back into the /S/L/E directory, everything worked well.

I tried with your FakeSMC.kext into the /S/L/E directory and I didn't get a kernel panic. However, it didn't boot either. Here is the last things displayed (while trying to boot with -v flag).

ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver
ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Perhaps some kext in the /S/L/E directory should be removed tough it can boot with my fakesmc.kext.

Here is all the kexts into the /S/L/E directory.

total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard6280ATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard62xxM.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard67162.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard671xSCSI.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard6885M.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 ACard68xxM.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 ALF.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI1300Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI1600Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI1900Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI2400Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI2600Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI3800Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:40 ATI4600Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATI4800Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  7 aoû 03:43 ATI5000Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIFramebuffer.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX1000.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX2000.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  7 aoû 03:41 ATIRadeonX3000.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  7 aoû 03:40 ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  7 aoû 03:40 ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  7 aoû 03:40 ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 ATISupport.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOCelerityFC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOExpressPCI4.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOExpressSASHBA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  4 mai  2009 ATTOExpressSASRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 mai  2009 Accusys6xxxx.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 Apple16X50Serial.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleACPIPlatform.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleAHCIPort.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleAPIC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleBMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleBacklight.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 24 avr 05:02 AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleEFIRuntime.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleFWAudio.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleFileSystemDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleGraphicsControl.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleHIDKeyboard.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleHIDMouse.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleHPET.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleHWSensor.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleIRController.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMA950.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:50 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:50 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleKeyswitch.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleLPC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleMCEDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleMIDIFWDriver.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  2 jul  2009 AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  2 jul  2009 AppleMIDIRTPDriver.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  2 jul  2009 AppleMIDIUSBDriver.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleMatch.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleMikeyHIDDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 13 jul  2009 AppleMobileDevice.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 24 avr 03:53 AppleMultitouchDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleOnboardDisplay.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 ApplePlatformEnabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleProfileFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleRAIDCard.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleRTC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSEP.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSMBIOS.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSMBusController.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSMBusPCI.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 23 aoû 18:07 AppleSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSMCLMU.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleStorageDrivers.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleUSBAudio.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleUSBDisplays.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 13 jul  2009 AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleUSBMultitouch.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleUSBTopCase.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 29 jul  2009 AppleVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AppleXsanFilter.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 Apple_iSight.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 mai  2009 ArcMSR.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 24 avr 03:45 AudioAUUC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 AudioIPCDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 15 jui  2009 BJUSBLoad.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 BootCache.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 30 avr  2009 CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 25 jui  2009 CellPhoneHelper.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B 19 aoû 21:59 CoolBook2.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 DSACL.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 DSAuth.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 19 mai  2009 DVFamily.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel   136B  1 aoû  2009 Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 EAP-KRB.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 26 jui  2009 EAP-RSA.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 EAP-TLS.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  9 jul  2009 EPSONUSBPrintClass.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 GeForce.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 GeForceGA.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 28 mai 03:38 GeForceGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 GeForceVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 mai  2009 HighPointIOP.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 mai  2009 HighPointRR.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jul  2009 ICAFWKodakProDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  2 aoû  2009 IO80211Family.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOACPIFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOAHCIFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 24 avr 03:46 IOATAFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOAudioFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOBDStorageFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOBluetoothFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOCDStorageFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IODVDStorageFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOFireWireAVC.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOFireWireFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOFireWireIP.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOFireWireSBP2.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:28 IOGraphicsFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOHDIXController.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOHIDFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:28 IONDRVSupport.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IONetworkingFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:28 IOPCIFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOSMBusFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOSerialFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOStorageFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOStreamFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOSurface.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOUSBFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 IOVideoFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 18 mai  2009 ImmersionForceFeedback.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 aoû  2007 JMicronATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 L2TP.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 jul  2009 LexmarkUSBMerge.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 18 mai  2009 LogitechForceFeedback.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 NVDANV40Hal.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 NVDANV50Hal.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  3 aoû  2009 NVDAResman.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 NVSMU.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 OSvKernDSPLib.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 PPP.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 18 mai  2009 PPPSerial.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 PPPoE.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 PPTP.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 Quarantine.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 Radius.ppp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 SMARTLib.plugin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 SMCMotionSensor.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 Sandbox.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 27 jul  2009 SoftRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel   170B 22 aoû 21:28 System.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 TMSafetyNet.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B  9 aoû  2009 VoodooHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 autofs.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 cd9660.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 cddafs.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root  wheel   102B 23 aoû 18:06 fakesmc.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 18 jui  2009 hp_Deskjet_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet1_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet3_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet4_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet5_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet8_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Inkjet_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 22 jui  2009 hp_Laserjet_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Officejet_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_PhotosmartPro_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 16 jui  2009 hp_Photosmart_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  6 fév  2009 hp_designjet_series.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 18 jui  2009 hp_io_printerclassdriver_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B 30 mar  2009 hp_qc_io_enabler.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 iPodDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 iTunesPhoneDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 mcxalr.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 msdosfs.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 ntfs.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 smbfs.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 udf.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 ufs.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 webcontentfilter.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102B  1 aoû  2009 webdav_fs.kext

I removed the official Trackpad.prefPane from /S/L/PreferencePanes/ and put the moded one but here's what I see when I'm trying to open it up in the System Preferences app.

a3401415-0e11-4954-bc2e-495a0f160ba7_Capture-decran-2010-08-23-a-190414.png

For benching graphics and cpu power management. I don't really know how to use these tools. Here are some screenshots you'll be able to tell me if my graphic card/power management works right.

b485ca63-f06a-4323-8a14-57e26f743ec8_Capture-decran-2010-08-23-a-190740.png

2275e9b8-bebc-48f2-9e05-6bd60c7fe334_Capture-decran-2010-08-23-a-190747.png

Note: I didn't succeeded launching VoodooMonitor.app

The kernel log entry from the verbose boot is irrelevant to our issues as this error is generic to our rigs. What are the detailed specs of your XPS? It is impossible for me to help you without those. It is also a good idea to include them into your signature.

The kernel log entry from the verbose boot is irrelevant to our issues as this error is generic to our rigs. What are the detailed specs of your XPS? It is impossible for me to help you without those. It is also a good idea to include them into your signature.

Done. You can check my signature for the detailed specs of my XPS.

Note: I don't know what happened but trackpad scrolling has been disabled. Maybe because I tried to install the Trackpad.prefPane unsuccessfully. So I tried to re-install the VoodooPS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub kexts but I didn't notice any differences.

Hi all. When I started this topic, the aim was to make a place to discuss DSDT issues, as earlier discussion on the topic got lost in pages of posts by those seeking help to set up their systems. I figured making a topic specific to DSDTs with a guide containing what I knew so far would give a place for those working to resolve DSDT issues a place to discuss and give those interested a starting place to get into DSDT editing. Discussion about DSDT editing, about using the DSDT, and about compensating for what the DSDT can't do are encouraged.

There are two topics that are great topics for seeking for help for configuring the M1330/M1530 computers:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83039

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654

and most people here monitor both. If you have questions that are general in nature, please use one of the general topics above. An off topic post here and there is no big deal, even I do it, but don't hijack the thread please. Please review the posting rules.

Thank you.

Immo

Hi all. When I started this topic, the aim was to make a place to discuss DSDT issues, as earlier discussion on the topic got lost in pages of posts by those seeking help to set up their systems. I figured making a topic specific to DSDTs with a guide containing what I knew so far would give a place for those working to resolve DSDT issues a place to discuss and give those interested a starting place to get into DSDT editing. Discussion about DSDT editing, about using the DSDT, and about compensating for what the DSDT can't do are encouraged.

There are two topics that are great topics for seeking for help for configuring the M1330/M1530 computers:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83039

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119654

and most people here monitor both. If you have questions that are general in nature, please use one of the general topics above. An off topic post here and there is no big deal, even I do it, but don't hijack the thread please. Please review the posting rules.

Thank you.

Immo

I am sorry of hijacking your topic about DSDT. I first ask my questions in MacGirl's thread but I didn't get any answer.

Done. You can check my signature for the detailed specs of my XPS.

Note: I don't know what happened but trackpad scrolling has been disabled. Maybe because I tried to install the Trackpad.prefPane unsuccessfully. So I tried to re-install the VoodooPS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub kexts but I didn't notice any differences.

Voodoo Monitor requires its own kext to function.

Just rebuild your /Extra/Extensions cache then reboot. Use this Put this utility into your /Extra then just drop your Extensions folder onto it, ensuring to delete your existing Extensions.mkext first.

Your GPU stats appear to be outstanding. Try cinebench now.

For FakeSMC.kext, please provide your full boot up Kernel.log via PM.

Voodoo Monitor requires its own kext to function.

Just rebuild your /Extra/Extensions cache then reboot. Use this Put this utility into your /Extra then just drop your Extensions folder onto it, ensuring to delete your existing Extensions.mkext first.

Your GPU stats appear to be outstanding. Try cinebench now.

For FakeSMC.kext, please provide your full boot up Kernel.log via PM.

Okay, I managed to launch VoodooMonitor and I also made a Cinebench benchmark. The screenshots are following.

56596fdb-e2e2-4391-b81b-93dd0823606c_voodoomonitor1.png

d8aa4b90-8a2c-45bf-b7d7-f0593963ca18_voodoomonitor2.png

94c600ad-a8e4-499c-b09c-c730f9c40dc9_voodoomonitor3.png

284aaae1-4582-419b-8f8e-f187122ae7b9_voodoomonitor4.png

2e4a0075-c9a4-4ea1-a7ef-81a6a4923ce1_cinebench.png

Note that my XPS powered off while I was playing Portal yesterday.

For FakeSMC.kext. I don't really get what you want me to do.

Do you want me to put your FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E and PM you kernel.log (found into /var/log) after a verbose boot?

Okay, I managed to launch VoodooMonitor and I also made a Cinebench benchmark. The screenshots are following.

Note that my XPS powered off while I was playing Portal yesterday.

For FakeSMC.kext. I don't really get what you want me to do.

Do you want me to put your FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E and PM you kernel.log (found into /var/log) after a verbose boot?

Your bench results for both GPU and CPU are normal. Just go ahead and use Netkas stock FakeSMC, I have no way to determine what causes your KP. I was indeed referring to your console kernel log, also rebuilding Extra/Extensions/ cache was for fixing the scrolling of your trackpad.

Your bench results for both GPU and CPU are normal. Just go ahead and use Netkas stock FakeSMC, I have no way to determine what causes your KP. I was indeed referring to your console kernel log, also rebuilding Extra/Extensions/ cache was for fixing the scrolling of your trackpad.

Trackpad scrolling still doesn't work and the trackpad prefpanel is still an empty window.

Do you know why my XPS powered off instantly while I was playing Portal? I guess the entire system was too hot but it never happened on Ubuntu or Windows.

I think that there is only two things left to fix.

• broken WiFi connection after the XPS wakes up (so when I close the lid then after a while, open it)
  • trackpad that can't be configured (so no scrolling)

I am sorry of hijacking your topic about DSDT. I first ask my questions in MacGirl's thread but I didn't get any answer.

What's the point in saying sorry if you just continue doing it afterwords...

Frameworks JavaVM. Permissions sais it fixed them but they keep showing up both on my Hack and my friends real MAcBook Pro Core 2 Duo.

Is it possible Little Snitch or equivalent hack software is causing this or is this a known issue with 10.6.3/10.6.4?

Here is the repair log:

Repairing permissions for “M1530”

Permissions differ on

"System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resourc...a.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- . Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar". Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Res...a.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrwxr-xr-x . Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Res...dle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x . Repaired "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib".

Permissions repair complete

Never mind its an Apple Issue.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa;j...6