[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

That C-state problem sure isn't an easy one to solve! As you said, still a good update. I can't verify it since I don't have a readout, but I get the feeling that the fans are on more often/faster with the Mojodojo solution. Could this be why the temps are lower? As for the quiet boot option, that's not quite what I was looking for, as I have a multiboot set up, and if I use quiet boot I loose the ability to choose the OS. It's not a big deal, but I had a graphical GUI with Chameleon 4 from VoodooProjects, but I can't seem to get anything but a text GUI with Mojodojo. I'll play with it a little more when I get the chance.

Thanks

Immo

Ah thats what you meant. Same thing happened to me to. MAke sure you put a Theme Folder in Extra and put the key and string as Themes for the Key and Default for the string.

Grab my com.apple.Boot.plist from attachments/links from my prior post.

@oSxFr33k,

Does the "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" command gives you something?

in order to be sure you have C-states...

If yes i will try the rev of Chameleon you're using (rev 204).

Thanks.

Julien.

I normally use Ioreg GUI from DSDTSE "Get"

Nothing shows up for CST.

If you still go with this new project get the latest build 268 and compile that one. There may be even a newer one since the last couple of days.

Also grab the New FakeSMC with monitor Project that myrorym posted above.

Dropped non cpu specific dsdt for m1530 in my retail install 10.6.4 on m1730 and all is working fine, i can notice the audio fix worked but obviously the video cards aren't....have any tricky ideas for the dual 8700's? They work perfectly in 10.5.8 device and vendor id 0x010de 0x0409

Great news here, with the dsdt edit provided and gfx strings i'm finally able to get full acceleration out of the 8700's in my m1730, i manually generated the strings.

ceqi.jpg

pretty big news for us m1730 owners, i used a 256mb template i would assume one could gather the 512mb template for the 8800gtx and the 1gb template for the 9800 users. if there was anyway to gather the pci root address of the second card in sli we could also generate a string manually for it as well to get them both recognized but i doubt the sli will serve much function

one quick thing i been noticing. .in (PCI0) says _HID but on macbooks says CID.. i added that same line under HID and i think that might be part of the IOPci matched .. the EC is right bellow it too! but the SMC can be added to dsdt and fakesmc takes over ?

i was further thinking .. automatic pss bootloader hmm ?? what if its based on pmbase 430 ?? special edition for 1030 ??

off topic.. is there a dsdt area that shows the wifi catcher section ? and flash cache ? i dunno where it is and im curious about it messing with the pci bus.

Hi guys, great work!

I have dell 1520 laptop with nVidia 8600m GT and have no shutdown when graphics is hardware accelerated.

Shutdown perfect works when i have no graphics acceleration...

Is there any hope for fixing this f*ckin` bug?

Thanx for your attention, sorry for my bad english.

hi, anybody fix C-States and P-States for M1530?

i have M1530 T9300 and i cannot load C-States and P-States, my laptop have 13 P-States and when i add it in my DSDT its warning, i cant fix it

Why you does not use Mozo`s chameleon with automatic PState & CState generation?

I`m using and it works perfect.

http://www.applelife.ru/topic/25525-авт...¹-секции/

Im really not sure of the C state functionality but will Mojo's Chameleon and Slice's FakeSMC my system is running great and at least 10 degrees cooler that it was before I used Mojo's Chameleon.

I know C-states are probably not loaded but they are only useful for battery life anyhow.

I always have my laptop on AC and rarely use the battery.

My friend has a late 2009 MacBook Pro 5,3 and there is nothing in his Ioreg about C states nothing.

He does however have the Nvidia Chipset on that motherboard. Not just the graphics but the southbridge as well and I always see the Spinning Apple a lot on his MAC. I wonder if its because of that chipset or if something is wrong with his Mac?

I just put in a brand new hard drive so I know its not that.

Hi guys, great work!

I have dell 1520 laptop with nVidia 8600m GT and have no shutdown when graphics is hardware accelerated.

Shutdown perfect works when i have no graphics acceleration...

Is there any hope for fixing this f*ckin` bug?

Thanx for your attention, sorry for my bad english.

Why you does not use Mozo`s chameleon with automatic PState & CState generation?

I`m using and it works perfect.

http://www.applelife.ru/topic/25525-авт...½-секции/

ya, its not work for me, i can still see PState load fall and cannot load CState

I got speed step to work by using MacbookPro5,1. I tried 4,1 but could not make it work. This is because the number of P-States defined in MacbookPro4,1 (3 I believe) does not match the P-state count of our machines (6), and MacbookPro5,1 does not care about the number of P-states. It's possible to change the MacbookPro4,1 definition to change the number of P-states it has but I have not tried this. It was a long time ago that I played with this, and you can find it in this thread if you dig back far enough. I have not tried with Mojodojo boot, but my guess is you will run into the same problems.

how do that? can you tell me?

Quick Note. You don't have to load our SSDT tables just our DSDT and make sure you enable P an C state in com.apple.Boot.plist.

Doing it that way lowers my Frequency one step lower at rest to 597 MHz according to VoodooMonitor. Before that my resting frequency was one step higher 796 MHz

I can't explain why loading our vanilla SSDT tables causes this but its nice to know that you don't have to load them and let Chameleon take care of that part.

See the thread for this if you don't understand how to setup the com.apple.Boot.plist.

I also included that in one of my prior posts.

The message for LPC is still there though:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I can't explain why loading our vanilla SSDT tables causes this but its nice to know that you don't have to load them and let Chameleon take care of that part.

It's because the SSDT tables contain the P-states as defined by Dell. If you use the DropSSDT = yes flag without the external SSDT tables, the SSDT tables in the bios will definitely be ignored, so Mojodojo Chameleon is forced to compute its own P-states, which if I understood correctly uses the same algorithm that SuperHai's old VoodooPower.kext to compute the P-states. I'm not sure if Mojodojo Chameleon will read the P-states from the bios if you do not have the DropSSDT = yes flag set, but it's something to try. With normal Chameleon, OS-X will read the P-states from the bios so long as DropSSDT = yes is not specified (which is the way I've had mine set up for ages now). If you want, you can customize the P-states by editing and including the SSDT tables.

Immo

It's because the SSDT tables contain the P-states as defined by Dell. If you use the DropSSDT = yes flag without the external SSDT tables, the SSDT tables in the bios will definitely be ignored, so Mojodojo Chameleon is forced to compute its own P-states, which if I understood correctly uses the same algorithm that SuperHai's old VoodooPower.kext to compute the P-states. I'm not sure if Mojodojo Chameleon will read the P-states from the bios if you do not have the DropSSDT = yes flag set, but it's something to try. With normal Chameleon, OS-X will read the P-states from the bios so long as DropSSDT = yes is not specified (which is the way I've had mine set up for ages now). If you want, you can customize the P-states by editing and including the SSDT tables.

Immo

Thanks immo and that explains it. I removed DropSSDT=yes so that is why. So Chameleon is generating the P and C states from Dell's Bios tables since I have the Enable = yes for C and P states in my com.apple.Boot.plst

Why is it we cannot get LPC device to register and initialize correctly? Do you think we need some code in the Device (LPCB) or ISAB whichever you have, section of our DSDT to fix this or is it something else entirely different?

here is picture of the fist time im log in Snow Leopard, no chameleon, no more kext, no DSDT

and here after install chameleon, add more kext fix something, and DSDT, new FakeSMC....v..vv

i think DSDT loaded AppleLPC and HPET

anybody have an idea?

and when i use new FakeSMC, maybe version 391, i cant use card reader built-in, the kext for it not load, its VoodooSDHCI.kext

post-181136-1281667282_thumb.jpg

post-181136-1281667329_thumb.png

post-181136-1281667514_thumb.png

post-181136-1281667551_thumb.png

here is picture of the fist time im log in Snow Leopard, no chameleon, no more kext, no DSDT

and here after install chameleon, add more kext fix something, and DSDT, new FakeSMC....v..vv

anybody have an idea?

and when i use new FakeSMC, maybe version 391, i cant use card reader built-in, the kext for it not load, its VoodooSDHCI.kext

It's probably cause you're booting in 64bits mode which this kext does not support...

anybody have an idea?

Did you run Kext Utility after setting up your kexts? Where did you install your kexts? Which Chameleon did you use?

Immo

oSxFr33k and others using Chameleon RC5,

I installed iFabio's R300 package and as mentioned, noticed an immediate difference in system temp. A good 10 degree drop and much less fan noise. I've since tried r325 and r354 and while both are better than pre-RC5, I wind up reinstalling r300 because the temps and fan noise go up.

Anyone else see this?

oSxFr33k and others using Chameleon RC5,

I installed iFabio's R300 package and as mentioned, noticed an immediate difference in system temp. A good 10 degree drop and much less fan noise. I've since tried r325 and r354 and while both are better than pre-RC5, I wind up reinstalling r300 because the temps and fan noise go up.

Anyone else see this?

Can you post this pkg as iFabio has deleted all previous versions?

Thks.

Hi Guys,

There is a new graphic update that i installed without any problems.

I wish that it will solve the HDMI output problem.

Can someone test it as i didn't have my HDMI cable anymore ?

Thanks.

Josh.

I want to use DSDT files I took from 1st post for my Dell XPS M1530 in /Extra directory but Chameleon 2 RC4 can't find them even when I type "DSDT=/Extra/DSDT1.aml" (i named it dsdt1.aml to test it. there is DSDT.aml file also in /extra).

Here is screen shot http://picasaweb.google.com/Sn8kbordin/Dro...522109070551570 . It is the same whether I specify DSDT=... or not.

Also here is a screen shot of my hard disc partitions if it helps http://picasaweb.google.com/Sn8kbordin/Dro...442587530403490

What do I need to do to use custom DSDT.aml files?

Thank you for any help.

I want to use DSDT files I took from 1st post for my Dell XPS M1530 in /Extra directory but Chameleon 2 RC4 can't find them even when I type "DSDT=/Extra/DSDT1.aml" (i named it dsdt1.aml to test it. there is DSDT.aml file also in /extra).

Here is screen shot http://picasaweb.google.com/Sn8kbordin/Dro...522109070551570 . It is the same whether I specify DSDT=... or not.

Also here is a screen shot of my hard disc partitions if it helps http://picasaweb.google.com/Sn8kbordin/Dro...442587530403490

What do I need to do to use custom DSDT.aml files?

Thank you for any help.

Do you happen to have two OS-X partitions by chance? If so, try putting the DSDT.aml in the other partition.

Do you happen to have two OS-X partitions by chance? If so, try putting the DSDT.aml in the other partition.

I only have 1 partition with OS X. All other partitions are empty since I thought I would have to nuke the hard drive few times before getting OS X running. This way I would not have to reinstall things and started with OS X.

Maybe there is something on one named EFI but I have not put anything in there by myself.

I only have 1 partition with OS X. All other partitions are empty since I thought I would have to nuke the hard drive few times before getting OS X running. This way I would not have to reinstall things and started with OS X.

Maybe there is something on one named EFI but I have not put anything in there by myself.

Is the OS-X partition flagged as active (I guess it must be unless another boot loader is loading Chameleon...)? Did you install Chameleon manually or using an installer? I've never had luck with the installer...

Is the OS-X partition flagged as active (I guess it must be unless another boot loader is loading Chameleon...)? Did you install Chameleon manually or using an installer? I've never had luck with the installer...

I installed it manually, and there is no other bootloader.

I formatted hard disc during installation of OS X, and then installed Chameleon manually. When I turn the computer the Chamelen shows up and lets me choose what to boot (there is nothing on other partitions except OS X installation on one of the partitions)

How can I see if it is active?

Does it need to be active and how do I make it active if it needs to be?