Radeon HD 5870 / HD 5850

ixxxion

614 posts in this topic

Hi ;)

Trauma has made a modded chameleon that allow you to boot in 64 bits, and without aty_init.

Check it out here:

hXXp://www.darwinx86.net/forum/10-actualites-nouveautes/2278-chameleon-bootloader-pour-radeon-hd5000#2278

(I've also attached it)

Sorry for my bad english

Do you have installation notes for it please? Babelfish translation leaves me a little mystified!!

TIA :D

Do you have installation notes for it please? Babelfish translation leaves me a little mystified!!

TIA :)

First, download the package from the attachment and install it.

Don't reboot, copy the boot file from my previous post to root :

sudo cp boot /

Have fun :)

It's only a beta, so be carefull.

With the new boot file it's supposed to support 3-displays

Also, google translate is better than babelfish, at least for french :)

Chameleon_HD5000.pkg.zip

I am a long time user of AsereBLN.., does this Chameleon version have UUID fix, restart fix and memory detection?

;)

Since i'm not the dev i can't be sure, but it's based on the latest trunk of chameleon RC5, so I think this version only got the trunk's fixes. ;)

Could you just give a try and say if it's working (or not)?

Thanks.

I am a long time user of AsereBLN.., does this Chameleon version have UUID fix, restart fix and memory detection?

:)

Yes it does, this bootloader is compiled from latest chameleon sources, with all the latest improvements. To install just run the package, and set GraphicsEnabler to Yes, then remove ATY_Init.kext. Reboot...

Confirmed working on HD 5770 with up to 3 Displays.

Not working on 5850 1GB, black screen and fan issue.

I guess we should also remove :

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

to make it work as x64 ?

I tried using arch=x86_64 as well, same problem.

Reference 5850 has one DP, one HDMI and two DVI ports.

I tried all but the DP ('coz i don't have a DP adaptor), no difference.

Not working on 5850 1GB, black screen and fan issue.

Same problem with ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU (90-C1CP10-L0UAY0BZ - has 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DP).

I'll need your device-properties dump while your card is up and running (with ATY_Init or string).

Attached mine (ATY_Init, only 1 screen working :/) - any help appreciated!

devprop.zip

I'm trying to get my Powercolor 5870 Eyefinity 6 with 2gig ram working.

So far i have been able to boot using ATY_Init and the driver package from netkas, QE/CI, rotation and resolution switch work, although my display stays black (connected through mini-DP -> DP)

I have verified it using Desktop sharing over the network.

Since i get Displays: "VGA Display" in System profiler, i suspect that the only thing missing is to tell it that it has six Displayport connectors and no VGA/DVI/HDMI. I have tried to change the connector-type in ATY_init.kext to 0x00000400 for all connectors, which didn't work. I am also unsure if this is the correct value for the miniDP connectors.

I also tried all miniDP Connectors to see if there is a primary one, but no luck either.

Any help would be very much appreciated since i feel so close to using this awesome card in my hackpro, even if it's with just one or two screens.

Yes, i did.

I created the entries 0 to 5, all with the same connector-type of 0x0...400.

I also tried the same with a type of 0x0...004 which didn't work either. I don't know any other types i could try

Oh, i forgot to mention that it doesn't display vram correctly in sys profiler, it looks more like the integer maximum value, but i guess that is not the main problem.

I've attached the ioreg dump, maybe it will help.

BTW: i speak french too if you prefer :)

Eyefinity6.ioreg.zip

Graphics Update resulted in KP for me, i reverted it back manually and it boots again now.

Also i figured out, thanks to a post at netkas, that i can get one DP-to-DVI working if i connect a DP monitor to port #1 and the DVI monitor to port #3 (counting from the top of the card). The DVI works at 1920x1200 with full QE/CI/Rotation but the DP stays black. All other ports i have tried also stay black.

I think this should be fixable, maybe someone could point me in the right direction, i'd be glad to test.

Graphics Update was successfully installed, but you need to boot from USB Flash with boot file and Extra folder with your plists, DSDT.aml and Extensions folder with kexts.

After that you need to repair kexts permissions (I used Kext Utility x64 for MAC OS X v2.4.2) and you can boot without flash driver.

My current bootloader Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r384 , everything works fine.

I just got done building a new hackintosh with a XFX 5850. I installed the newest drivers from the Graphics Update and the ATY from netkas and it works great. The only problem I have is that the computer will KP after playing a short time. It does it in starcraft 2 and TF2 but not when I run the Opengl viewer test. Anyone have any idea why?

Thank you

Working perfectly (sans HDMI audio)

Head to Tonymacx86 for instructions.

Use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ATI5xxx and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

Use the kext utility for installing kexts and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

It seriously can't get any easier than [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Not working on my 5850 ( XFX, reference model ),too , black screen is resulted.

Working perfectly (sans HDMI audio)

Head to Tonymacx86 for instructions.

Use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ATI5xxx and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

Use the kext utility for installing kexts and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.

It seriously can't get any easier than [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

You should have misunderstood.

My hackintosh is working in 32bit mode

My case is that when i replaced my bootloader with Trauma!'s boot file, with GE=yes, it gave me a black screen.