Radeon HD 5870 / HD 5850

ixxxion

614 posts in this topic

still not working with graphicsenabler method, i think im going to give up for a bit and wait till things get finalized; 5000 kexts, bootloader, 10.6.5, andy's kernel etc. etc. its most defiantly my GFX card which is probably causing the issue as i cant think of anything else :(

thanks for all your help

i may have something to get sleep to work just wait till tomorrow, and see if i find the kext on my computer that i downloaded

time for sleep :(

still not working with graphicsenabler method, i think im going to give up for a bit and wait till things get finalized; 5000 kexts, bootloader, 10.6.5, andy's kernel etc. etc. its most defiantly my GFX card which is probably causing the issue as i cant think of anything else :(

thanks for all your help

i may have something to get sleep to work just wait till tomorrow, and see if i find the kext on my computer that i downloaded

time for sleep :(

You are NOT alone in this ATI HD 5850 issue.

I had the same KP problem as yours using similar methods posted here.

I think it's due to different hardware (Mine is Asus EAH5850 with 1GB DDR5).

What brand and model of ATI 5850 are you used ?

i have a HiS Radeon HD 5850, i had an idea of using another cards ROM that is known to work such as the XFX 5850 on page 22 instead of my ROM then to OSX it would look like a XFX not a HiS. do think this would work, i think its worth a shot! it will not damage the hardware because the XFX and HiS have the same core which is what matters

i got a hour long orientation for School so ill be back in a few hours and try it.

i have a HiS Radeon HD 5850, i had an idea of using another cards ROM that is known to work such as the XFX 5850 on page 22 instead of my ROM then to OSX it would look like a XFX not a HiS. do think this would work, i think its worth a shot! it will not damage the hardware because the XFX and HiS have the same core which is what matters

i got a hour long orientation for School so ill be back in a few hours and try it.

HIS card are tricky on hackintosh i got my 4670 working with a lot of work.

I think Sapphire, Asus card have better support cant understand why tho.

Hey one thing.

System recognises that i have a 5850 ATI but i cannot change the resolution

You may need to test another framebuffer ? Baboon in exemple ? Let try to tweak ATY_Init and tell use whats works the best.

With the boot7 method, is there a way to change the framebuffer to Langur from Uakari? Are there any benefits?

I am getting a weird screen blinking (it blinks between black and my desktop) if I wake the monitor from power saving mode. To fix it, I need to switch resolutions to 1280x800 and back to 2560x1600. It is hooked up with an active DP adapter.

To answer the question about Chameleon resolution, I don't think it's detecting it properly. That could be because I'm using multiple monitors and it's stretching a secondary 4:3 display to 16:10.

With the boot7 method, is there a way to change the framebuffer to Langur from Uakari? Are there any benefits?

im assuming you know that the boot7 file automatically selects the best framebuffer for your Gfx, but sometimes another Framebuffer works better so, the only way i know how to do it is to download the sources (somewheres theres a link in this thread) for the boot file and change what framebuffer the boot file uses when it detects a certain vender/device ID. the stuff you would need to change is in ati.c of the sources. read(quickly scan through) the ati.c file and youll somewheres find something that says(something similar to, as i havent tried this yet):

1002:6899 uakari
1002:xxxx vervet

and so on find your device id in the list and change the framebuffer next to it to the one you wish to try. then you have to compile the boot file with the modified ati.c

im pretty sure this will work havent tried it yet as i have no need to ;)

AWESOME, it works! :rolleyes:

A screenshot and the BIOS ROM are attached

The OpenGL scores are as if ATY_init.kext is used instead.

My Config :

Core i5 750

GA-P55-USB3

XFX 5850 ( Reference )

What I've done :

A clean install of SL 10.6.4, install the kexts from iMac update mid 2010:

ATI5000Controller.kext

ATIRadeonX3000.kext

ATIRadeonX3000GA.kext

ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.kext

ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

Rebuild caches and repair permissions using Kext Utility 2.4.2

Add the keys to com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Reboot, and enjoy

Keep on your good work Trauma!  :rolleyes:

This ROM file does NOT work for my Asus EAH5850 in 10.6.4.

Up to now only Netkas' ATY_init.kext works for me in 32-bit kernel.

Hi,

Here is new bootloader version, ATIX3000.kext initialisation is much more faster now. I hope it will fix KPs on 58x0 cards....

About Eyefinity 5/5/6 i doubt that Apple/ATI support that yet.

The bootloader: boot9

Bye.

thanks trauma! for all this work

it worked to me like before

i want to ask you some question

1- why you use rev 396 and now trunk is rev 432 :wacko:

2-please if you have no problem , to post ati.c with every bulid you do it will be good thing from you :unsure:

thanks again for this good very good work

do you want my ati card bios? :)

Hi,

Here is new bootloader version, ATIX3000.kext initialisation is much more faster now. I hope it will fix KPs on 58x0 cards....

About Eyefinity 5/5/6 i doubt that Apple/ATI support that yet.

Bye.

i had the x3000 KP before, ill try this soon, hope it works

thanks trauma! for all this work

it worked to me like before

i want to ask you some question

1- why you use rev 396 and now trunk is rev 432 :D

It's just the rev I started to work on this, i'm still using it in order to prevent external "interferences". But don't worry it still works with latest rev.

2-please if you have no problem , to post ati.c with every bulid you do it will be good thing from you :)

The modification i did will soon be integrated to the trunk. No need to release trashes everywhere. You'll can study the final thing on the chameleon repo in few days.

thanks again for this good very good work

do you want my ati card bios? :)

Why not but is the advantage of your ROM ? 16/10 VESA modes ??

My answers in blue, above ^

I've just changed the 58X0 framebuffer to Langur, it's the stock frambuffer (used by Apple) let see if it's working better than Uakari :)

The link few post above as been updated, the bootX version remains at 9.

Cheers.

Hi,

About Eyefinity 4/5/6 i doubt that Apple/ATI support that yet.

Bye.

i still got x3000 KP but according to this by trauma:

I've just changed the 58X0 framebuffer to Langur, it's the stock frambuffer (used by Apple) let see if it's working better than Uakari

Cheers.

ill try the boot9 again with the languar framebuffer

My answers in blue, above ^

I've just changed the 58X0 framebuffer to Langur, it's the stock frambuffer (used by Apple) let see if it's working better than Uakari :D

Cheers.

bios.gif

this is my bios

but it is 4:3 aspect ratio when i set graphic mode to 1440*900 it work on 1152*864 nearly

it need editing on vesa mode on it :)

thanks for good news :)

Juniper.rar

Tried the boot9 on my 5870 eyefinity6 with the result that displays now stay black using the same connectors (i used two passive dvi adapters before) and the connector types changed.

Also it correctly detects my screen connected via displayport, but it still stays black.

It even says "Connection Type: DisplayPort" in System Profiler so connector-type 0x4000 seems to be DisplayPort.

I hope this is fixable somehow. I don't want to use any Eyefinity features for now, two screens or at max three screens in native resolution with rotation support using displayport would be all i need.

Tried the boot9 on my 5870 eyefinity6 with the result that displays now stay black using the same connectors (i used two passive dvi adapters before) and the connector types changed.

Also it correctly detects my screen connected via displayport, but it still stays black.

It even says "Connection Type: DisplayPort" in System Profiler so connector-type 0x4000 seems to be DisplayPort.

I hope this is fixable somehow. I don't want to use any Eyefinity features for now, two screens or at max three screens in native resolution with rotation support using displayport would be all i need.

is your card work with aty_init

and are you tried all six ports ;)

Yes i have tried all ports and it worked with ATY_Init, as well as with the last boot file from Trauma!

Those were both using Uakari, now it uses Langur, as Apple does for their cards

"It worked" means that the best i got was dual monitor with rotation on two specific ports using passive dvi adapters. One screen was limited to 1920x1200 because of the passive DVI (screen support 2560x1600) and the other was recognized as "VGA" which led to only 4:3 resolutions being selectable. QE/CI works also.

Yes i have tried all ports and it worked with ATY_Init, as well as with the last boot file from Trauma!

Those were both using Uakari, now it uses Langur, as Apple does for their cards

"It worked" means that the best i got was dual monitor with rotation on two specific ports using passive dvi adapters. One screen was limited to 1920x1200 because of the passive DVI (screen support 2560x1600) and the other was recognized as "VGA" which led to only 4:3 resolutions being selectable. QE/CI works also.

why you said the screen goes black !

and how many display connecter on system profiler

Because after the bootscreens, both screens turn black since i have tried boot9 with Langur, which wasn't the case with the previous version using Uakari framebuffer.

I get three display connectors in System profiler.

Because after the bootscreens, both screens turn black since i have tried boot9 with Langur, which wasn't the case with the previous version using Uakari framebuffer.

I get three display connectors in System profiler.

you mean the new langur framebuffer not work on 5870

is all dialplay ports work or only first three port on Uakari framebuffer ?