Radeon HD 5870 / HD 5850

ixxxion

614 posts in this topic

but all this started happening after i did the boot7 and graphics enabler thing im trying without GFX enabler and with ATY_INIT and see if it works

but all this started happening after i did the boot7 and graphics enabler thing im trying without GFX enabler and with ATY_INIT and see if it works

graphicsenbaler enalbles graphics from boot means work out of box no need for extra kext like aty_init nvenabler etc as i understand :)

if you use aty_init means that you not do any thing new :)

and thing for amd kernel

andy

made new kernel with fly patching and 64bit :(

but it is early to use it there are some problem on fly patching and 64bit not work but in early future it will be ready for use :(

yes i know that i was just trying to back trace the problem.

i have undone EVERYTHING except the graphics update from software update, and its still not working so that means the GFX software update caused the issue even though a hole bunch of people did it without issues!

anyone know how to undo the update

i have been doing some reading: the x3000 kext has something to do with openGL it also happens to be that the GFX update modified the openGL.framework in /system/library/frameworks/, could someone zip the openGL.framework folder that has NOT applied the snow leopard graphics update and send it to me some how

and thing for amd kernel

andy

made new kernel with fly patching and 64bit

but it is early to use it there are some problem on fly patching and 64bit not work but in early future it will be ready for use

AWESOME!

yes i know that i was just trying to back trace the problem.

i have undone EVERYTHING except the graphics update from software update, and its still not working so that means the GFX software update caused the issue even though a hole bunch of people did it without issues!

anyone know how to undo the update

i will sugest to you

make usb installer new restore and use new boot file on it plus grafics enabler

and put 7kexts of ati ilinked before except aty_init on system/...............

and run pfix on usb flash

then restart

and boot from usb

if boot to language select with full resolution and good colour means that you need new install

if cant reach to language put in usb flash try using ati rom till you done it :)

if you need opengl

you can get it from 10.6.4.pkg

open it with pacfist :(

grr this is to much hassle!!

i am currently installing 10.6 via the open install.mpkg method from my backup osx partition, it is installing over the old install. i hope this works, i should have to reinstall the 106.4 update and i think is hould be able to log into my "old" user account from before the install!

grr this is to much hassle!!

i am currently installing 10.6 via the open install.mpkg method from my backup osx partition, it is installing over the old install. i hope this works, i should have to reinstall the 106.4 update and i think is hould be able to log into my "old" user account from before the install!

dont like that :P

ok i did a fresh install, updated to 10.6.4 added my Working 5000 kexts to SLE, the same 5000 kexts that were working before i tried this GFXenabler method, made sure it was the "old" boot file was in EFI, removed GFXenabler and ATIrom from boot.plist and upon boot i get a x3000 KP! i was trying to atleast get the netkas method to work but no go. i dont get what is causing this?!

ok i did a fresh install, updated to 10.6.4 added my Working 5000 kexts to SLE, the same 5000 kexts that were working before i tried this GFXenabler method, made sure it was the "old" boot file was in EFI, removed GFXenabler and ATIrom from boot.plist and upon boot i get a x3000 KP! i was trying to atleast get the netkas method to work but no go. i dont get what is causing this?!

i use garphics update 1.0 directly

i dont understand are just saying that you used GFX update or are you recommending that i use it

thanks for the help

i setup 10.6.3 then update to 10.6.4 then install gfx update 1.0

and install others kext fakesmc ,voodoohda....... and install bootloader manully to osx partion and put new boot file

and make confg bootplist and then setup legacy kernel then restart

that what i do

i send to you PM :)

guess why it wasnt working :), because i copied the 5000 kexts into SLE then ran Kext utility INSTEAD i should have installed the kexts with kext helper and now they work :D:) now lets see if i can get the GFXEnabler method to work :D

EDIT ok got the netkas method working perfect again but, the GraphicsEnabler method didnt work again

thanks for all your help ill just wait for Trauma's next boot file,

khairy, thanks for the PM

guess why it wasnt working :D, because i copied the 5000 kexts into SLE then ran Kext utility INSTEAD i should have installed the kexts with kext helper and now they work :P:) now lets see if i can get the GFXEnabler method to work :D

EDIT ok got the netkas method working perfect again but, the GraphicsEnabler method didnt work again

thanks for all your help ill just wait for Trauma's next boot file,

khairy, thanks for the PM

it give you black screen ?

netkas method works fine with mac mini 5000 kexts and the first release of 5000 kexts but i cant use GFX enabler method with either version of 5000 kexts without a x3000 KP

back on page 22 of this thread it said to use the iMac 5000 kexts could that be the reason for my KP when using the GFXEnabler method

ok got the new boot8 put it in EFI, added UseAtiROM, and GraphicsEnabler to com.apple.boot.plist, put GFX rom in my /Extra EFI folder, i have MacMini 5000 Kexts in /S/L/E

and i still get the x3000 KP, screenie below

you have aproblem with your setup not boot

i made new install from 2 hours to confirm that

steps of my setup

1-make USB flash memory with 10.6.3 and install chamelon on it manually and put new boot8 on it

2-make extra folder and put on it my smbios ( macpro 5.1 :D ram processor ) and fakesmc 319 and boot plist contain legacy _kernel busratio=16 and graphicsenabler yes and put legacy kernel 10.4 on root of usb

3-boot from flash memory setup as normal

4-after setup complete update to 10.6.4 and gfx update 1.0 dmgs download before

5- install chamelon on hdd manually and put boot8 on osx partion

6-make extra folder put on it themes smbios and boot.plist

7-setup legacy_kernel 10.4 pkg

8- install fakesmc 397 voodoohda lan kexts with kexthelper

9- restart i get all thing work :)