New Chameleon 2.0-RC3!

blaugrana

52 posts in this topic

About the new options

SMBIOS

Finally you can specify your smbios.plist location using a device selector prefix like “SMBIOS=rd(0,0)/Extra/smbios.plist”.

VideoROM

You can pass an alternate video ROM image file to the system.

VBIOS

Using this boolean switch, you can control the injection of your video BIOS to device-properties. We got various reports if this switch is really needed to make your graphics device handled correctly by the system.

h t t p://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc3-with-snow-leopard-and-large-disk-support

Well, since I couldn't sleep well I was up late and found this new release. I have installed it and it boots my SnowLeo system just fine. I really appreciate this new release.

I have a problem using the Graphiceenabler option but that is no different than the previous release. I posted a feature request for an enhancement to that option over in the voodoo Projects forum.

This will be great because now I can keep a copy of Leopard and Snow on the same disk.

It's much harder to boot in 32-bit with this new Chameleon RC3.

Regardless of the 32-bit kernel flag I put in Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist, Chameleon RC3 always boots 64-bit!

What I have to do is when the chameleon GUI shows up, I hit Tab, that brings me to the Darwin bootloader. From there, I select the Snow Leopard partition and type at the promt arch=i386. That gets me to boot in 32-bit.

So if this version RC3 only boot in 64bit, we can have some issues with 10.5.8? I mean I am using the RC2 version and works fine. I am scary to damage my stable system just for a bootloader that is only optimized for SL.

So if this version RC3 only boot in 64bit, we can have some issues with 10.5.8? I mean I am using the RC2 version and works fine. I am scary to damage my stable system just for a bootloader that is only optimized for SL.
Using it just dandy to triple boot 10.5.8/10.6/Win7, but then again there's little reason to upgrade unless you need to use a newer feature.

It's much harder to boot in 32-bit with this new Chameleon RC3.

Regardless of the 32-bit kernel flag I put in Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist, Chameleon RC3 always boots 64-bit!

What I have to do is when the chameleon GUI shows up, I hit Tab, that brings me to the Darwin bootloader. From there, I select the Snow Leopard partition and type at the promt arch=i386. That gets me to boot in 32-bit.

that is because the 32 bit bootflag for PC EFI is "-x32" and for chameleon it is "arch=i386"!!

"arch=i386"

Thanks !

I read in the Chameleon comment postings, someone said use:

arch=i386 -legacy for -x32 exchange (PC EFI 10.x)

I never used -legacy, but know that this is an known kernel flag 8some needed very early at 10.4.3 times.

Is someone using this -legacy , or is "arch=i386" enough for Snow Leopard (-x32)

And also, because readme isnt really complete, the /EXTRA content structure seems also to be changed.

Now i can see an 10.5 and 10.6 and an COMMON folder with/for different kexts.

Is that needed or can i stay with my old structure (if that actually works good) ?

My extras folder has: fakesmc - legacyappleahci - openhalt - platformuuid - and sleepenabler

whether i use -x32 or just -v

I get these errors on boot...

Failed to load executable for kext com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart.

Can't load kext org.netkas.fakesmc - link failed.

[com.superhai.driver.PlatformUUID]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xfeedface.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

then it just stops at:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

What am i doing wrong here????????????????????

-x32 didnt work with RC3, thats only for the EFI PC 10.x boot !!!!

You must use arch=i386 !

I will NOT update , because my 10.5 / 10.6 system runs very well with RC2 + EFI PC 1.1 boot.

Perhaps in a few months with final CH version ;)

I just installed RC3 on both a USB stick and on the EFI partition on my OSX drive. Seems to work fine for Snow Leopard. A few cosmetic improvements from the PC 10.2 cdboot I was using...the SL bootloader only shows the SL boot disks and not the Data disks...cleans things up a bit. Also, I wasn't always able to get my hd(1,1) [Windows 7] to be my default partition. Tried 10 times in a row on reboot and default partition seems to be fine now too. So far, so good.