Boot132 cdboot for Snow Leopard

trus0und

181 posts in this topic

Sometimes these SL 132 discs works with internal harddrives sometimes it has to be an USB harddrive and thereś no way to know it jus does or doesńt.

Been struggeling for days now with this SL thing, actually got some succes but thereś no way I can get it to work without having to boot from the DVD/CD.

Last strange thing that happend is a method that allways works for some reason doeśnt any more and another method that hasńt all of a sudden for some reason decided to work. Been trying to get another of these 132 boot dvd to help me install SL for days with no succes. Decided to try to install to an USB harddrive instead and now for somer reason I can, man this strange.

So itś trial and error over and over I guess.

Good luck

Sometimes these SL 132 discs works with internal harddrives sometimes it has to be an USB harddrive and thereś no way to know it jus does or doesńt.

Been struggeling for days now with this SL thing, actually got some succes but thereś no way I can get it to work without having to boot from the DVD/CD.

Last strange thing that happend is a method that allways works for some reason doeśnt any more and another method that hasńt all of a sudden for some reason decided to work. Been trying to get another of these 132 boot dvd to help me install SL for days with no succes. Decided to try to install to an USB harddrive instead and now for somer reason I can, man this strange.

So itś trial and error over and over I guess.

Good luck

I just installed SL on my ga-p35-ds3l using this bootcd and my kexts.

something weird happened. The installation went wrong just when it was about to finish and played a message that it could not install and told me to restart. When i restarted i used the boot-think 2.3 to boot from that installation and VIOOOOLA it worked.

Now i have used it about an hour and its very stable, no panics, i only deleted the map called macosxinstallationdata from my sl drive?

anybody has experienced this? Shuold i install again?

Hi everyone!

Is this working with IDE optical devices?

I have got one and its just restarting my PC over and over!

Works out of the box with SATA drive dough.

Is there a way to use this with IDE Drive?

Here it boots normally with an IDE DVD drive!

.....no way to boot without AHCI on ICH9R ?

Thanks

Boots fine without AHCI here too.

something weird happened. The installation went wrong just when it was about to finish and played a message that it could not install and told me to restart. When i restarted i used the boot-think 2.3 to boot from that installation and VIOOOOLA it worked.

Now i have used it about an hour and its very stable, no panics, i only deleted the map called macosxinstallationdata from my sl drive?

Well, I always got this message and looking the LOG it is related to the Initialization of the boot disk, something related to BLESS. But when you install the bootloader after the instalation, no problems.

I get the exact same issue. It doesn't even get to the EBios bit and it restarts.

It seems this is a Gigabyte Motherboard issue since I tried on my sisters computer (MB: Asus P5VDC-X) and the CD boots fine. Her computer is too old for OSX so not gonna install it on hers.

What motherboard do you have. I used a boot132 disc and it killed my bios to the point i had to use a screwdriver to short it out so that it could get to my backup bios.

i am gettting the same error on p5wdh mother board......is there anyway to fix this

Looks like on the ga-p35-ds3l the boot cd wont work on a ide dvd drive. Anyone had luck with it and this mobo on a ide optical drive? If so, I want a copy of your boot cd! Otherwise looks like I'll have to pick up a sata optical drive.

Looks like on the ga-p35-ds3l the boot cd wont work on a ide dvd drive. Anyone had luck with it and this mobo on a ide optical drive? If so, I want a copy of your boot cd! Otherwise looks like I'll have to pick up a sata optical drive.

Yeah it doesn't work on IDE for me either. SATA boots fine.

My IDE works if I boot 32-bit but I didn't try it on the CD, maybe that would do it?

i have tried a few times with no luck to creat a boot cd for SL. Can anyone help me?

MY system Specs:

Asus P5KC

Q6600 quad

5gb of ddr2

Asus 9800 gtx+ 512mb

BD-rom drive

WD 500gb Hdd

my cd boots and i swap the disks but after i hit f8 and run the -v -f it loads for a second or two them nothing or a black sceeen.

@FLASHGX,

THANKS!

I am reporting a success with your method.

For the past 3 weeks, I tried everything but could not get past the kernel panic when the vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA loads.

I have an Acer laptop with ICH7-M SATA controller.

Yesterday, I came across an IOATAFamily.kext in the Preboot.dmg/Extra/Extensions of the Blackosx method of Vanilla Retail 10.6.1 with Chameleon v2 RC3 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L.

It's in the GA-EP45-DS3L BOOT CD v1.01

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954

When I use that IOATAFamily with your SL Boot 132 CD method, I'm able to boot the SL Retail DVD up to the GUI Installer with all my SATA drives showing. It works.

The dsdt.aml does not load for me either and the smbios.plist is not being injected. That's fine because I can still boot the SL Retail DVD.

I have tried this on my computer with this specs:

ASUS P5B

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

Gainward 8600GT 1024mb

2gb DDR2 RAM

400gb WDC harddisk

I'm pretty sure, that use the correct EFI string.

But I get an error, which is Still waiting for root device. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

osxerror.jpg

would this work for a Intel D945GCLF Mini-ITX Atom board?

I've tried several different methods from the Insanelymac forums and I haven't had any luck. none of my boot-132 disks have worked, they always {censored} out with a isolinux image is corrupt error. however if I try these same "messed up" disks on my Gigabyte 965P-S3 system they seem to boot up fine.

my latest attempt to make a bootable usb flash installer for snow leopard tries to boot but It immediately had a KP where it complained about the cpu being unrecognized that overlays a graphical error message that tells me i need to reboot my system. the files I used had the nullcpumanagement kext in with them, shouldn't this take care of this error??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if this this a repost, since I cannot see my own posting.

I am trying to install the Retail Snow Leopard DVD (the one with a Snow Leopard picture on cover from Best Buy) on the following system:

* MSI K9VGM-V motherboard (VIA K8M890 chipset)

* AMD Athlon X2 5200+ CPU

* ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro PCI-E Videocard with 256MB VRAM

I don't have access to a Mac right now (I have been a PC user) so I cannot use Disk Utility but I have access to Nero Burning Rom, UltraISO and Isobuster.

I don't know the EFI String for my video card and had problem finding a tool to do so.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi, everyone.

I've tried to use this method, but installation stops after line "BSD root…".

2ujl83k.gif

After this line it try to read something from installation disk for a second and hangs.

I tried with -f, -x -f, to remove platformUUID.kext: nothing helps. Previously i successfully installed 10.5.6.

My specs:

• SATA on ICH5 chipset (Asus P4C800-E Deluxe);
  • modified kernel (mach_kernel.432) as described by BladeRunner;
  • kext for my chipset.

Thanks.

Hi, everyone.

I've tried to use this method, but installation stops after line "BSD root…".

2ujl83k.gif

After this line it try to read something from installation disk for a second and hangs.

I tried with -f, -x -f, to remove platformUUID.kext: nothing helps. Previously i successfully installed 10.5.6.

My specs:

• SATA on ICH5 chipset (Asus P4C800-E Deluxe);
  • modified kernel (mach_kernel.432) as described by BladeRunner;
  • kext for my chipset.

Thanks.

You probably need the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from this link. I know I did and I too have ICH5 SATA controller.

2 BladeRunner

I already have this kext. Without it i got "Still waiting for the root device".

This one, as i think, found my SATA but something after that went wrong.

Or you mean that i need some special kext? I use from Netkas, fixed for missing devices.

2 BladeRunner

I already have this kext. Without it i got "Still waiting for the root device".

This one, as i think, found my SATA but something after that went wrong.

Or you mean that i need some special kext? I use from Netkas, fixed for missing devices.

That's what I mean. There is more than one version of that kext. The one I pointed you to has extra ICH entries specifically for ICH5/ide versions of SATA. It may not fix your problem but it's worth a try.

Hello people,

Is someone who has made a 132-SL boot CD and having the Asus P5K-VM mobo? I can't pass the: "Still waiting for root device" line. I need some kext(s) for ICH7-9, in the Extra/Extensions folder, but I don't know what. Please, explain me as I am noob in this. Any help is greatefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You can use the GA-EP45-DS3L-SL v1.01.iso posted in another tread, it work perfectly for this board. :)

PS. Remember, you need to select AHCI in the bios and use a sata DVD.

sounds like there's no way to make this work without a functional mac... all i've got is windows at the moment. the computer i'm trying to install this on is a Dell Inspiron 530 with a 256mb Nvidia 8600GT (the computer in my signature).

would anyone out there be so kind as to create an ISO with my efi strings?

sounds like there's no way to make this work without a functional mac... all i've got is windows at the moment. the computer i'm trying to install this on is a Dell Inspiron 530 with a 256mb Nvidia 8600GT (the computer in my signature).

would anyone out there be so kind as to create an ISO with my efi strings?

Well, you do have other options. There are still patched versions of Leopard available that a person can acquire and install. That would bootstrap you into a running OS X 10.5.x. From there you would be able to support yourself. That is what most of us have done. Give it a try.