181 posts in this topic

script don't work

<code>

bash-3.2# ./makeit.sh

hdiutil: makehybrid: error creating output file

hdiutil: makehybrid failed - this file or directory does not exist</code>

Edit the script to reflect your Users Desktop in order /Users/XXX/Desktop

then run again

To get a bit closer to a universal boot-132 I was wondering if someone could mod the IONDRVSupport.kext to override any graphics card that is in your laptop to automatically boot into VESA. I know this is what was done previously for things such as iPC but I don't know how to mod it. If anyone knows what I need to change that would be much appreciated, or even if someone could do it and upload it.

Worked fine here straight OOTB snow Boot..great Job !! THX

Hey Dubhead, can you tell me what kexts you used or added to this ISO or any edits to any of the files since you have a similar Motherboard to me.

Thanks

It doesn't work on my PC, it keeps rebooting

I get the exact same issue. It doesn't even get to the EBios bit and it restarts.

It seems this is a Gigabyte Motherboard issue since I tried on my sisters computer (MB: Asus P5VDC-X) and the CD boots fine. Her computer is too old for OSX so not gonna install it on hers.

@FLASHGX,

THANKS!!! IT WORKS!!

Unfortunately, just like with the Kdetech method, it only loads to the point where the vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA from the SL Retail DVD is loaded and causes a kernel panic.

I tried netkas' AppleIntelPIIXATA, I tried LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA in Extra/Extensions etc.... But I haven't found the solution to loading the vanilla AppleIntelPIIXATA without the kernel panic.

Also, my dsdt.aml is not loading. Apparently there is a fix here at VodooProjects:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,353.15.html

But, I'm not too sure how to implement it.

I have an Acer laptop wiht Intel ICH-7-M Raid controller dev 0x27c68086, but the 2 hard drives are not set up as RAID.

Hey Dubhead, can you tell me what kexts you used or added to this ISO or any edits to any of the files since you have a similar Motherboard to me.

Thanks

@Suhail as i said OOTB i used the files and the script from STLVNUB ..modified the Path to desktop and added Graphic mode and EFI string to boot.plist then run the script..the generated CD burnt . Then i booted from it and hit F5 then i switched the CD with my Snow DVD and it booted fine into the Installer.

Haha! glad it worked for you! id install chameleon rc1 and use the pcefi 10.1 boot file. that is working fine my end.
Thanks! Seems like i couldn't find any installer pkg for Chameleon RC1 on their website, am i'm missing something here? And how do i install the PCEFI 10.1, just grab and replace the boot file in root directory and that's it?

noob766 has alerted me that the platformuuid.kext may be causing some panics for people, so until i can update the cd, please remove these from the preboot.dmg yourself if you get panics.
Thankfully it didn't caused any panics for me, works fine here. :)

And one last question (hopefully) , what's the best solution for fixing the Processor type/speed in "about this mac" and "system profiler"? Would it be a good idea to edit it manually via OSx86 Tools, or there's some more practical solution for Vanilla installs to make the Hack feel like a real Mac?

Alright, so i installed Chameleon-2.0-r431 (without extras) , replaced the boot file with PC_EFI V10.1 , injected EFI strings for my nVidia 7300 GT 256MB, and finally managed to boot from hardisk:

2prsq9v.png

But for some reason the Mac model has changed from P5K-E to MacPro21, the DDR2 speed has dropped from 800Mhz to 667Mhz, and i don't know what causes all this and how to sort it out...

Another problem is that i can't add any EFI strings except Graphics, all the other options are greyed out. (Still have no network and no Audio here) Tried EFIStudio and OSx86Tools but nothing works.

And the last thing is that i can't find how to configure Chameleon in order to make my OSX partition the default one and set the timeout to 3 seconds and remove it's ugly graphics.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

thanks all for the hard work.

i am able to boot off the cd works good.

once i boot off of the retail 10.6 in verbose after some lines i get the "waiting for root device"

its states a certain "UUID" do i need to add this UUID to My guid patitioned HD. thanks....

post-268543-1252267401_thumb.jpg