Boot132 cdboot for Snow Leopard

trus0und

181 posts in this topic

Got them from my previous custom Boot-132 CD that i used for installing 10.5.4, it's a messy one and probably has lots of kexts that i don't need.

I'm using Asus P5K-E with Intel Q6600 and 2GB DDR2-800:

(Intel P35/IHC9R chipset, JMicron JMB363 PATA/SATA controller, Marvell 88E8056 network, AD1988B audio)

Trying to install it on IDE drive connected to JMicron, because i have a working 10.5.4 on SATA and i don't want to screw it all up...

you need kexts from 10.6 get them from the guide posted in my signature.

Well I tried this disk without a DSDT.aml file and it just keeps on rebooting (Must be the CMOS Reset Bug.)

I'm now trying to insert my DSDT.aml and will update soon. Stay tuned but for now...

Well it seems that inserting my DSDT.aml didn't fix the Reset Bug either. It just loads the CDBoot file then the whole computer restarts.

BTW: Here are my Specs

Mobo: Gigabyte P35 DS3P

GFX: Nvidia 7600GT 256MB

Proc: Intel C2D E6550

remove it from your plist

kdetech this isn't your boot disc. look inside before you judge...

That´s true cause I have them both. With kdtechs I have to install SL using good old LTLs Leo method for Leo though and use his disc to boot from. It will not let me install just using his 132 boot disc. This same install will boot ok with the CD from this guide though but video turns out pretty crappy. Even though I put the Nvinject.kext I know works good with my two 7300 gs pcie videocards. Video works OK with kdtechs guide though :) . Well I guess there´s no winner here :) .

Kepp up the good work guys though, we all know everybodys new to this so we´re greatfull for any progress. The good side is you both are on to something good.

you need kexts from 10.6 get them from the guide posted in my signature.

Unbelievabe! It works! Thank you so much!!! ;)

This is my first successful install of Snow, check this out:

9aplqf.jpg

For some unknown reason the screenshot didn't save a pic on the dsktop, so i took a photo. (maybe because the graphics card isn't fully recognized yet?)

Interesting, it recognized my Asus P5K-E, recognized my DDR2 800, but the processor speed and type is still incorrect, it suppose to be Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz.

After the install i booted via cdboot again, and installed all the kexts from cdboot Extra folder into the Extensions folder on the HD via KextHelper. The Network interface is still not recognized, and so the Graphics card and Audio.

My questions are:

1) What's the next steps i should take to be able to boot directly from HD without using cdboot? Does Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640 works well on Snow?

2) What's the best way to fix the Processor type/speed? Should i edit it manually via OSx86 Tools or there's some more practical solution to sort this out?

3) Regarding Network/Graphics/Audio, would it be better to inject EFI strings into boot.plist via EFI Studio or OSx86 Tools, or install kext drivers instead?

Thanks in advance. :)

Unbelievabe! It works! Thank you so much!!! ;)

This is my first successful install of Snow, check this out:

9aplqf.jpg

For some unknown reason the screenshot didn't save a pic on the dsktop, so i took a photo. (maybe because the graphics card isn't fully recognized yet?)

Interesting, it recognized my Asus P5K-E, recognized my DDR2 800, but the processor speed and type is still incorrect, it suppose to be Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz.

After the install i booted via cdboot again, and installed all the kexts from cdboot Extra folder into the Extensions folder on the HD via KextHelper. The Network interface is still not recognized, and so the Graphics card and Audio.

My questions are:

1) What's the next steps i should take to be able to boot directly from HD without using cdboot? Does Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640 works well on Snow?

2) What's the best way to fix the Processor type/speed? Should i edit it manually via OSx86 Tools or there's some more practical solution to sort this out?

3) Regarding Network/Graphics/Audio, would it be better to inject EFI strings into boot.plist via EFI Studio or OSx86 Tools, or install kext drivers instead?

Thanks in advance. :)

Haha! glad it worked for you! id install chameleon rc1 and use the pcefi 10.1 boot file. that is working fine my end.

noob766 has alerted me that the platformuuid.kext may be causing some panics for people, so until i can update the cd, please remove these from the preboot.dmg yourself if you get panics.

As for my cd being teh same as kd's im not entirely sure but his did not work for me, and im quite sure it doesnt use this new cdboot which clearly supports 64bit efi page emulation that snow leopard needs.

ive not ever used kexts for graphics on my machine, ive only used efi strings, it says in the guide please add efi strings, because i know it works with them, no idea about kexts.

try your very best to follow the guide 100%, jump the gun and youll fail.

flash

Can't wait to try this out seem much easier than boot 132 guides. The last boot 132 disk hosed my bios to the point that i thought i had to rma my board. i had to use a screw driver to short my main bios chip in order to get to my backup bios.

But i am not ready to give up yet I will try this guide some time over the weekend and report back.

Flash i think this should work for me because my board is similar to yours I have the ep45 ud3r and i am sure ds3 is not to far in configurations.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

:(

Can't wait to try this out seem much easier than boot 132 guides. The last boot 132 disk hosed my bios to the point that i thought i had to rma my board. i had to use a screw driver to short my main bios chip in order to get to my backup bios.

But i am not ready to give up yet I will try this guide some time over the weekend and report back.

Flash i think this should work for me because my board is similar to yours I have the ep45 ud3r and i am sure ds3 is not to far in configurations.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

:(

Give it a shot dude! yer the reason ur bios resets is the cmos error, this cd will reset your bios as dsdt.aml loading isnt working, but it will install and you will then beable to create a patched dsdt that will stop this from occuring. Let me know how u go dude!

Guys,

I used this CD, finally OSX booted. But, What's the deal w/ 10.6 not installing on a partition w/ MBR?

Anyone have any idea, I have posted the issue here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184443

Pls help. TIA!!

Hey dude, mac os x generally wont install on mbr, if youve had an install disk that has before, the OSInstall.mpkg file on the disk has been patched to allow an mbr install. there is a 10A432 patched osinstall.mpkg floating around, but youll have to burn a new install disk to use it, or restore to a partition.

flash

Correct me if i'm wrong, but there's no such thing as universal DSDT.aml doesn't it?

If you read the post properly it has a link to another post explaining how to use it universally!

remove it from your plist

kdetech this isn't your boot disc. look inside before you judge...

What lies this is mine and if you looked properly has been included in this pack with my name. See Snow Leopard Package 1.0.1. SO YOU ARE A LIAR 

Props to FlashGX - in SL for the first time! Thx thx!!

KDE: 1st of all, your boot132 CD never worked. Made me wonder why you would post something that you yourself admit you never tested - kinda gave the impression you were after a 'first post' for SL boot132. Secondly, FlashGX's disc is based on unreleased Chameleon RC3 build 655 (iirc?). It's on a whole different playing field than what you released.

If you read the post properly it has a link to another post explaining how to use it universally!

What lies this is mine and if you looked properly has been included in this pack with my name. See Snow Leopard Package 1.0.1. SO YOU ARE A LIAR

hi kde, now look, im not trying to start an argument. my boot cd is different from yours, and yours might work well for you, but i had no luck with it so i had to preceed finding another method. and this is an unreleased build of chameleon cdboot, which i happened to stumble across. This is the only method of booting the retail disk that has worked for me, and it worked straight away. im not calling you a liar. Our disks are however different, and i certainly didnt steal anything from you.

All i want is to help this community out because theyve given me so much over the last couple of years.

Props to FlashGX - in SL for the first time! Thx thx!!

KDE: 1st of all, your boot132 CD never worked. Made me wonder why you would post something that you yourself admit you never tested - kinda gave the impression you were after a 'first post' for SL boot132. Secondly, FlashGX's disc is based on unreleased Chameleon RC3 build 655 (iirc?). It's on a whole different playing field than what you released.

Glad u got in to SL man! good job!

flash

hi kde, now look, im not trying to start an argument. my boot cd is different from yours, and yours might work well for you, but i had no luck with it so i had to preceed finding another method. and this is an unreleased build of chameleon cdboot, which i happened to stumble across. This is the only method of booting the retail disk that has worked for me, and it worked straight away. im not calling you a liar. Our disks are however different, and i certainly didnt steal anything from you.

All i want is to help this community out because theyve given me so much over the last couple of years.

Glad u got in to SL man! good job!

flash

Be assured that I also do not wish to start an argument! I misunderstood the post and thought it accused me of copying. Oh and by the way people have not realized I updated my post long ago to explain how to use it universally! Actually I created with dxdt and boot.plist that I found on the net. Its not even for my PC. But by editing it I got it to work on ASUS P5KPL\1600. Oh and your's works as well! Well people will probably prefer yours because of no DSDT and newer Chameleon. Good Job and congratulations. Oh and in your original post explain like I did in my universal post on how to get files from leopard installation!

In my liar post I actually meant that the one I posted was mine and that you accused me of copying. I apologize for my misunderstanding

To make things easier for iso creation, unzip and place this script into cdboot folder

Good job flash.

script don't work

<code>

bash-3.2# ./makeit.sh

hdiutil: makehybrid: error creating output file

hdiutil: makehybrid failed - this file or directory does not exist</code>