Try to install SL on a GA-P35-DS3

derpuma

166 posts in this topic

Anyone with success at Ga-EP45-DS3R ?, i'm getting panics at boot "Mac osx version: not yet set"

i tried almost everything , bootloaders , edit PlatformUUID , boot with -x32 , boot -x , dsmos , fakesmc

and so on... After the kexts loading at first boot , i'm getting a panic "Mac osx version : Not yet set"

Anyone had success with same motherboard ? GA-EP45-DS3R ?

Any Ideas ?

Thank you...

Strange thing, neither with my P35-DS3 and also with my P45-DS3 i cant get sound working with patched dsdt.aml

I am pretty sure that i have don the the right settings in ACPI Patcher.

Could it be that it is not possible to patch under a Virtual XP?

When i patch i get no Errors in the Report... Strange...

So I've gotten it to work for my EP35-DS3L v2 using Bios Version F6 in 32/64-bit mode. Everything works, sound audio graphics easily, thanks to this thread, h4ck1nt05h and blackfox's thread for the GA-EP45 thread. My setup is like this:

I have a single hard drive partition into Leopard, Snow Leopard, using the EFI partition for Chameleon RC1. I had Chameleon RC1 installed beforehand, all I did was change the EFI/boot file to netkas' EFI/boot PC EFI 10.1 file. I can't switch easily between leopard and SL because the EFI partition is obviously only just for either Leopard or SL, but I can boot into single user mode to switch out the extensions.

My DSDT.aml is patched with Graphics, Audio, and Ethernet. It was made using Koalala's ACPI Patcher for Windows.

• I use a GTX260 @ PCI0 with PEGP checked.
  • For Audio my MB uses ALC888, so I chose ALC888-2.
  • For my Network, I chose GIGE and PEX @ Location 4.

Then I saved it as dsdt.dsl, changed the CMOS Fix (0x04 to 0x02 under RTC section), and recompiled it to dsdt.dsl, then placing it in /Extra.

In /Extra I have my dsdt.aml, my SMBIOS.plist, /Themes, /Extensions folders and Extensions.mkext.

In /Extra/Extensions I have

• IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext PlatformUUID.kext
  • LegacyHDA.kext RealtekR1000.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext SleepEnabler.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext fakesmc.kext

The RealtekR1000.kext doesn't get loaded I'm fairly sure, so I could do without it.

I have a script in the EFI volume to create an extenions.mkext of the /Extra/Extensions and place it in /Extra. If anyone wants any of the files or has questions, please ask.

Sorry for my stupid rapidshare upload! :unsure: Haven't realized that the file could only be 10x downloaded.

As I was out of Office, i was not able to reupload before tomorrow!

I will make a new Package and put all my Files to mediafire...

@elitee

I would like to have your mkext script for E/E pls B)

ok guys,

the idea of a USB chameleon boot stick was a good one. Kudos to nameless2k. Here we go:

I prepped a USB chameleon boot stick for

Gigabyte GA 35 DS3

- including natit kext for nvidia cards (not sure if the newest cards are being detected)

- dual heading works :-)

- ethernet works

- wlan does not work - dsdt.aml overrides come after trying to add my wlan, so there is something fishy. I expect the dsdt.aml is not properly configured yet

- sound does not work although its being correctly reported, I expect an issue with the versions, snow leo ignores something from the preboot usb imho

- drives are coloured meaning Snow Leo sees them as external.

=> if system does not get booted please try to change the UUID in smbios.plist and plattformuuid.kext to your SnowLeo uuid see in disk utility)

this is an early alpha status. further improvements appreciated...

get here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5YFDGSZ

x!

p.s. I would appreciate some testers to check with an EP45 board.

hey guys

i have been away from the scene for a bit now since my hackintosh has been perfect, i used the boot 132 method and

used a boot disk created by elastic.

will this method still work is there a new boot disk i will need?

mobo is a GA-P35DS3R

CPU Q6600 quad core

video 8800GTS

to make things a little clearer:

Gigabyte EP45 DS3R

• Northbridge Intel P45
  • Southbridge Intel ICH10R (Raid)
  • Audio ALC889A
  • LAN Realtec 8111C
  • Firewire IEEE 1394 Controller

Any errors in the listings above? don't hesitate to tell me...

Has 2 x 8111c ports.

I am running this one:

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R

• Northbridge Intel P45
  • Southbridge Intel ICH10R (Raid)
  • Audio ALC889a
  • LAN Realtec 8111C
  • Firewire IEEE 1394 Controller

Hopefully (I'm installing as I speak) I can get it to boot tonight. For some reason the install (dmg through Leopard to a spare internal SATA hd) is extremely slow though... Otherwise, my early attempt was hindered by a message stating (at the very end of the install) that the install had failed and it was unable to write some files to /Volumes/Snow (name of my drive) etc. If it happens again I'll post a message, but someone suggested I deselect some of the customizations.

I'll update with success/failure

UPDATE #1: Install SUCCEEDED this time :) Some guy's hint to install less extras was right, I just deselected the print drivers (even though I need a few of them which I can install later) and it worked. I am going to make sure I have the proper kexts and a working bootloader and will attempt to boot. I'll update again tomorrow morning as it's past midnight here and I have school tomorrow lol :/

Anyone with success at Ga-EP45-DS3R ?, i'm getting panics at boot "Mac osx version: not yet set"

i tried almost everything , bootloaders , edit PlatformUUID , boot with -x32 , boot -x , dsmos , fakesmc

and so on... After the kexts loading at first boot , i'm getting a panic "Mac osx version : Not yet set"

Anyone had success with same motherboard ? GA-EP45-DS3R ?

Any Ideas ?

Thank you...

Try to install it from an USB or external HDD, like this Guide.

Worked for me till now, previously had same problem as you.

Now i can't install Chameleon on Snow partition, gonna boot from external Harddrive and refer to Snow Partition for copying user files.

Keep you informed...

So... for all who like to try my settings here is a little Package for GA-P35-DS3 Rev. 2.0

DSDT.aml with Nvidia 8600GT 256MB, LAN and Sound...

Read teh Readme in ZIP File for more Infos... Reports are welcome!

great!!!

I am gonna give it a try tonight. will try to deal with the audio issue. i got some ideas what the issue's reason might be.

would you mind removing your graphics string from the dsdt.aml to make it more generic. i suppose there is a natit.kext that can be used in a preboot environment that is universal usable.

kudos, x!

tmongkol's legacy kexts for ALC889a and ALC888

from his signature:

both PCs (Leopard and Snow Leopard 10A432) got sound assertions if using (Chameleon) RC2-r640's boot in 64 bit mode, not happen in 32 bit mode. They're fine with netkas' boot v10.

download legacy kexts: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wonqmmng1zu

source: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1236296

// search terms: Snow Leopard, Leopard, ALC 888, ALC 885, ALC 889a, Legacy Kext, Legacy Audio, Preboot, AppleHDA.kext

ok guys,

the idea of a USB chameleon boot stick was a good one. Kudos to nameless2k. Here we go:

I prepped a USB chameleon boot stick for

Gigabyte GA 35 DS3

- including natit kext for nvidia cards (not sure if the newest cards are being detected)

- dual heading works :-)

- ethernet works

- wlan does not work - dsdt.aml overrides come after trying to add my wlan, so there is something fishy. I expect the dsdt.aml is not properly configured yet

- sound does not work although its being correctly reported, I expect an issue with the versions, snow leo ignores something from the preboot usb imho

- drives are coloured meaning Snow Leo sees them as external.

=> if system does not get booted please try to change the UUID in smbios.plist and plattformuuid.kext to your SnowLeo uuid see in disk utility)

this is an early alpha status. further improvements appreciated...

get here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5YFDGSZ

x!

p.s. I would appreciate some testers to check with an EP45 board.

Still got the same kernel panic on my GA-EP35-DS3L with this kit, although the video was in the right resolution.

from his signature:

I am not able to run sound with the LegacyHDA.kexts froom tmongkol.

Not with my P35-DS3 and not with my P45-DS3 have no idea why...

I dont think that my DSDT.aml Patch was wrong. No Errors in Compilation...

Sound for me on my P35-DS3 works only with ALCInject.kext

Sound on my P45-DS3 is not running...

from his signature:

I am not able to run sound with the LegacyHDA.kexts froom tmongkol.

Not with my P35-DS3 and not with my P45-DS3 have no idea why...

I dont think that my DSDT.aml Patch was wrong. No Errors in Compilation...

Sound for me on my P35-DS3 works only with ALCInject.kext

Sound on my P45-DS3 is not running...

Still got the same kernel panic on my GA-EP35-DS3L with this kit, although the video was in the right resolution.

what does your kernel panic say exactly?

did you change uuid in smbios.plist and platformuuid.kext?

did you boot with -x32 to 32bit mode?

did you try to run into single user mode to create mkext for snow leo first?

hi!

installed snow leopard just fine. installed chameleon 2.0rc1, netkas pcefi 10.1 and the DSDT.aml and kernel extensions from from derpuma.

i have set the kernel flag for 32bit in my com.apple.Boot.plist

when trying to boot i get a kernel panics like zhta1972:

"Mac osx version: not yet set"

at the top of the kernel panic it says that the it's using the 64bit kernel. even if i specify the -x32 flag at the chameleon boot prompt it loads the 64bit kernel and panics right after loading the extensions (no matter if in single user mode or whatever...)

any ideas?

my board is a ga-p35-ds3 rev. 1.0

thanks in advance

hi!

installed snow leopard just fine. installed chameleon 2.0rc1, netkas pcefi 10.1 and the DSDT.aml and kernel extensions from from derpuma.

i have set the kernel flag for 32bit in my com.apple.Boot.plist

when trying to boot i get a kernel panics like zhta1972:

"Mac osx version: not yet set"

at the top of the kernel panik it says that the it's using the 64bit kernel. even if i specify the -x32 flag at the chameleon boot prompt it loads the 64bit kernel and panics right after loading the extensions (no matter if in single user mode or whatever...)

any ideas?

my board is a ga-p35-ds3 rev. 1.0

thanks in advance

everybody: screenshots of kp's please. no clairvoyants here who can see your screens magically from all over the planet

- tried the usbboot stick from above?

- permissions set to partition/harddrive prior to installation? read blackosx's snow leopard tutorial

- right uuid in platformuuid.kext and smbios.plist?

- ahci enabled in bios?

- mkext created on first snow leo boot? read derpuma's snow leopard textfiles that come with his kexts

- linux harddisks attached? detach (unplug cable!)

everybody: screenshots of kp's please. no clairvoyants here who can see your screens magically from all over the planet

- tried the usbboot stick from above?

- permissions set to partition/harddrive prior to installation? read blackosx's snow leopard tutorial

- right uuid in platformuuid.kext and smbios.plist?

- ahci enabled in bios?

- mkext created on first snow leo boot? read derpuma's snow leopard textfiles that come with his kexts

- linux harddisks attached? detach (unplug cable!)

ok, you're right about the screenshot.

here is exactly what i did or what my system looks like:

ahci enabled in bios

guid partitioned hdd 1. partition snow leopard, 2. partition leopard

set permissions (as mentioned in blackosx's guide)

installed snow leopard from leopard onto 1. partition

installed chameleon 2.0 rc1 and pcefi 10.1

copied stuff from der puma package to /Extra/

changed the uuid in platformuuid.kext and smbios.plist

after this i rebooted and could not get snow leopard to boot a single time, not even in single user mode. hence i never got to creating mkext. the kernel panic comes right after loading the kexts, no matter what kernel flag or boot option i chose (tried -s, -v, -x, -x32).

you can see in the screenshot that it still says "64 bit mode enabled" is this normal, even when i boot with -x32?

i did not get the usb pen drive from above to boot (i do have to restore the dmg to the guid formated usb pen drive, right?)

things that might result in problems:

i never fixed or cared about any permissions on the disk. might this be a problem? what permissions should all the stuff in /Extra/ have?

i used the dsdt.aml from derpuma, he has the same mainboard i think. might this pose a problem?

ideas:

i don't know why, but i guess somehow it's still booting the 64 bit kernel. even though i got -x32 in the com.apple.boot.plist and at the chameleon prompt.

any ideas?

thanks

post-8173-1251317933_thumb.jpg