[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

Please help me with my problem

She was found on the previous page and no one answered her, can not run any game

Thanks

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1328470

elrondd. That link goes to a post which I answered back on the 12th November.

FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length �" 6 FIX You can fix this error message easily by editing the info.plist from the fakesmc.kext Just add the key MSDS and on the value leave the string empty:- MSDS

So you're saying if I add that one key 'MSDS' it will get rid of ALL my 'fakesmc: key info not found errors'?

Just wanted to let everyone know. That if you used the fstab edit to enable 'native' ntfs write support. And are having random crashes and/or KP's. Try undoing the fstab write support to see if that helps.

My systems was horrible unstable until i figured this out. Since undoing the fstab edit to enable write on ntfs drives. I have been 10000% times more stable.

I guess that's worth mentioning for anybody who has tried to use Apple's native ntfs r/w. and left it running. BE WARNED, Apple pulled it for a reason.

But I see in your signature about Speedstep and I have read some guide as your suggested link such as Vaila Speed Step by Formerlyknowas but I could did not understand, as formerlyknowas has mentioned what he got success in10.6.2 retail, SW RAID0, Chameleon 2 RC2, DSDT for GFX Audio USBfix Vanilla Stepping and NIC.

My qusetion is what he mean NIC.

If you have time please make the guide for DSDT speed step as your success.

Hi TEPP. Well done with your install and good job :(

NIC = Network Interface Card. So he has added his ethernet to his DSDT.

The front page to FormerlyKnownAs's vanilla speedstep thread does show what's needed for speedstep. So read his post for reference. But I have put a basic step by step guide on my DSDT thread to help you along with following FormerlyKnownAs's front page.

Hi TEPP. Well done with your install and good job :)

NIC = Network Interface Card. So he has added his ethernet to his DSDT.

The front page to FormerlyKnownAs's vanilla speedstep thread does show what's needed for speedstep. So read his post for reference. But I have put a basic step by step guide on my DSDT thread to help you along with following FormerlyKnownAs's front page.

Hi BlackOSX,

Thank you for fast reply.

So, Now we have to walk away from the untouched install objective, or not?, because we now have to touch the system folder/file.

But anyway I would try it as your guide.

Many thank.

Hi BlackOSX,

Thank you for fast reply.

So, Now we have to walk away from the untouched install objective, or not?, because we now have to touch the system folder/file.

But anyway I would try it as your guide.

Many thank.

LOL.... Yes but only for a very short while (as we have to work with the tools that are available)...

• When you have finished using PStateChanger to get your values, then you can remove VoodooPState.kext from /S/L/E by throwing it in the bin and rebooting. Then use Mojodojo's VoodooMonitor to monitor your P-states. To do this, add the VoodooMonitor.kext in to Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder and reboot. Then you can run VoodooMonitor to view the changes in your CPU's power (click the status tab).

But as you see, we remove it after obtaining the P-state values.

Sorry but I did not understand the answer,

I have no NTFS

Thanks

I'm not usually the type to bash on people who don't speak English as there primary language but i have to say i have no idea what the hell your asking for here and in the previous post.

you should take a bit of time or better yet use the google translator before posting because it's virtually impossible to help you with your problem when virtually no information is posted

cleardot.gifShow romanizationhttp://www.gstatic.com/translate/sound_player.swfMy English not so good

But I'm pretty sure my problem was clear.

Blackosx, I'm here to say thank you and report success with using your guide. I decided to just buy a 9500GT to replace my HD2600XT and after that the boot disk worked no problem! So what I've got going on right now is this:

Main HD is a 500GB Seagate with the Cham, SnowLeopard and Backup partitions.

My second HD is a 320GB hitachi with an iPC 10.5.6 based Leopard partition and a windows 7 and empty partition named Files.

This in my opinion is the ideal setup, and I've got all my bases covered unlike last time. To do it I had to use a combo of your Snow Leopard guide and your Dual boot guide. For a few days it was running like a top with both running 10.6.2.

Here's where things get a little weird, I've done everything the same with my Snow Leopard and Backup partitions, both are running 10.6.2, with all the latest stuff you've posted about at the top of your OP, new SleepEnabler, fixed LegacyHDA, the whole nine. What's weird is now for some strange reason the internet only works on the Backup and Leopard partitions, my main SnowLeopard partition has a green Light for Ethernet, Network Settings, and ISP, but Internet and Server are RED. I now keep backups of every kext so I went back to the old LegacyHDA and no change, ethernet works fine in my Backup volume and not in my SnowLeopard one. There is no difference between the two volumes, both live off the same Cham partition so both have the exact same kexts. I'm really perplexed I have no idea what's going on.

Hopefully you've got some suggestions as so what could be doing this.

What's weird is now for some strange reason the internet only works on the Backup and Leopard partitions, my main SnowLeopard partition has a green Light for Ethernet, Network Settings, and ISP, but Internet and Server are RED. I now keep backups of every kext so I went back to the old LegacyHDA and no change, ethernet works fine in my Backup volume and not in my SnowLeopard one.

Hi kingdom1

I'm note sure what your problem is but I would begin by trashing your network configuration prefs files on your SnowLeopard install. Reboot and the the OS rebuild them. As to exactly which files to trash and where to find them I am not exactly sure from memory. But have a quick search in the forums and you'll find them.

netkas just released FakeSMC v2.5 :)

Thanks rednous. Nice to have somebody else keeping their eye on things :)

I have just rebooted using it and iStat Menus still reports CPU temps fine. Although I still get the FakeSMC: key info not found messages in my kernel.log. Just noticed that it now includes an option to turn off the debug messages in the kernel.log :)

Thanks rednous. Nice to have somebody else keeping their eye on things ;)

I have just rebooted using it and iStat Menus still reports CPU temps fine. Although I still get the FakeSMC: key info not found messages in my kernel.log.

aham, but i think it's not something to worry about :(

Something more -- netkas says there's an option to off the onscreen error logging via FakeSMC's info.plist as far as i can understand from his site. I read somewhere those errors are just debugging errors, but who knows. Some day we wont see errors at all -- when the perfect DSDT is completed :)

Hmm, did you get any reports on people's Mac OS X screen turning black even in Verbose mode?

Regular boot, or Verbose mode, it just turns black.

I only tried with FakeSMC (2.5)

without nay other kexts just in case.

BTW, what's the diference between FakeSMC 2.5 and Oldnapalm's FakeSMC?

I'm going to try booting it without my DSDT.aml

UPDATE***

Without DSDT.aml, im getting a kernel panic D-:

No Kexts, still black screen

Removed all USB Devices, still black screen

Removed my PCI Firewire 400 card still nothing :-(

USB Wake, USB Mount Fix, Power Button Sleep Fix, and all of the stuff you mentioned in your DSDT (Audio Ethernet TM fix, etc) iare applied

I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit. (Arch=i386 or Arch=x86_64).

any suggestions?

thanks

I only tried with FakeSMC (2.5)

without nay other kexts just in case.

BTW, what's the diference between FakeSMC 2.5 and Oldnapalm's FakeSMC?

I'm going to try booting it without my DSDT.aml

UPDATE***

Without DSDT.aml, im getting a kernel panic D-:

No Kexts, still black screen

Removed all USB Devices, still black screen

Removed my PCI Firewire 400 card still nothing :-(

USB Wake, USB Mount Fix, Power Button Sleep Fix, and all of the stuff you mentioned in your DSDT (Audio Ethernet TM fix, etc) iare applied

I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit. (Arch=i386 or Arch=x86_64).

any suggestions?

thanks

You want to use FakeSMC along side the other kexts you use, not just FakeSMC by itself.

Oldnapalm built CPU temperature monitoring into netkas' original FakeSMC. So this time netkas' revised FakeSMC includes oldnapalm's code idea but tweaks it.

Don't try and boot without your DSDT.aml as you probably won't get very far. Try just putting FakeSMC in /E/E alongisde your other kexts (as the guide).

I isolated the problem.

it was the graphics EFI String in the DSDT.aml.

damn i dont know what to do now hahaha.

See my 10.6 Install Guide PDF for setting up device (EFI) string for video in your com.apple.Boot.plist or my DSDT guide for adding video to your DSDT with ACPIpatcher.

See my 10.6 Install Guide PDF for setting up device (EFI) string for video in your com.apple.Boot.plist or my DSDT guide for adding video to your DSDT with ACPIpatcher.

I was using the ACPIPatcher method. I rebuilt it without the video fix, that's why its working.

I'm going to try the com.apple.boot.plist, i doubt itll work.

ill post back

GraphicsEnabler doesn't work in the option

the apple.boot.plist doesnt work either.

i think it's the entire EFI STring that's messed up

Everyone having black screen problems (it seems like G92 Chipset owners)

a member named Sioban figured it out (a work around really)

"

I can confirm that replacing NVDAResman.kext (6.0.6) and NVDANV50Hal.kext (6.0.6) with versions from 10.6.1 (6.0.2) SOLVES THE PROBLEM!!

I "found" the two 10.6.1 kexts here and the NV40Hal for the older cards here. ;) ""

it seems like apple's fiddling with HDCP.

After I use new fakeSMC.kext 2.5 my Diode temperature show 11008 celcius degree.

I don't use temperature monitor, only iStatMenus now, so I never saw the Diode temperature readings. But from looking at the comments on netkas' FakeSMC page, a few people have commented on it and doesn't seem to be anything to worry about but have a read and double check if you like.

Everyone having black screen problems (it seems like G92 Chipset owners)

a member named Sioban figured it out (a work around really)

"

I can confirm that replacing NVDAResman.kext (6.0.6) and NVDANV50Hal.kext (6.0.6) with versions from 10.6.1 (6.0.2) SOLVES THE PROBLEM!!

And you got this black screen problem just with updating your FakeSMC? as this problem was related to the 10.6.2 update!. Were you already running 10.6.2 before you had this problem?

I run an 8800GT and have not had a problem.

But replacing drivers with older versions might work for you, but I think it's an ugly hack similar to the one that 7300 owners were facing when they updated to 10.6.2. Here's a quote from my front page of this thread....

• Users of nVidia 7 series cards (maybe just 7300's) and using the kernel in 64-bit mode be warned that you might have problems, see this post by philippebezoteaux, read this by timdafweak, and this by Orwell. If you decide to follow this advice then keep a backup of the files you replace as this is a dirty hack, which although works for now, breaks the mould of this thread by you not having an untouched system install. And I am sure another solution will appear sometime which might allow you to put some if not all of your files back - leaving your system install untouched.

Can you also create yourself a signature so anyone reading this thread can see what hardware you are running? it will help us diagnose problems quicker.

BlackOSX,

My card is a nVidia GTS 250, and it worked fine up to 10.6.1

The 10.6.2 gave me the black screen.

I had to replace the 2 kexts with KextHelper, Extensions folder didn't do the justice.

(Don't Worry I kept a Backup of the Original)

It works now.