[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

ok, just tried.... doesnt work either... :star_smile:

i recently noticed that it works with the 10.5.6. install, dvd, though....

hm, i guess the install dvd isnt ok...

I am out of ideas... I know in the past people have had problems getting it to work, but not with a graphics glitch. Maybe have a look at EmpireEFI to see if that works for you?

so i wait til i got another install dvd, hopefully working one....

btw, is there a possibility to get a dsdt-file for my ga-ep45-ds3p somewhere?

empireefi? no, i want to use chameleon. and i need the boot-cd for your guide.

i mean, i have compatible components, it should truly work.

as i mentioned, when i put in the 10.5.6 install dvd, the drive rescan works

without any trouble or graphic glitches

so i wait til i got another install dvd, hopefully working one....

btw, is there a possibility to get a dsdt-file for my ga-ep45-ds3p somewhere?

empireefi? no, i want to use chameleon. and i need the boot-cd for your guide.

i mean, i have compatible components, it should truly work.

as i mentioned, when i put in the 10.5.6 install dvd, the drive rescan works

without any trouble or graphic glitches

For a DSDT for your mobo, you are either going to have to find somebody who has one to share or make your own. Try my DSDT guide for starters. Or maybe you can use the current one for this board, but before you do you will have to go through the process I explained here for jamonda.

What I meant by trying EmpireEFI (which is built with Chameleon) was to see if that allowed you to boot, swap to the Snow Leopard DVD and get to the installer.

Yes, you have compatible components and you should be able to install Snow Leopard.

Sorry, I missed your last bit about the 10.5.6 install DVD. So that works from my v1.06BootCD, but not your 10.6 install DVD?. Is it genuine retail Snow Leopard DVD?

For a DSDT for your mobo, you are either going to have to find somebody who has one to share or make your own. Try my DSDT guide for starters.

What I meant by trying EmpireEFI (which is built with Chameleon) was to see if that allowed you to boot, swap to the Snow Leopard DVD and get to the installer.

Yes, you have compatible components and you should be able to install Snow Leopard.

Sorry, I missed your last bit about the 10.5.6 install DVD. So that works from my v1.06BootCD, but not your 10.6 install DVD?. Is it genuine retail Snow Leopard DVD?

stranghe, it calls itself "mac os x install dvd", not "restore" or something....

Sorry if am i in OT.

I have installed OSX 10.6.2 on my gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L and i would attach the APPLE CINEMA DISPLAY 24"

Does Anyone know about the connection of Apple cinema display 24" on our hackintosh ? I know that exist the GEFEN or ATLONA adapters, but what about the usb connection of Isight webcam, mic and speaker ?

Are they plug and play ?

Is it helpfull if anyone provide me a link about it

Thank you very much for you cooperation

Best Regards

Giuseppe

A note regarding Chameleon RC4's system-id patch, which has allowed us to remove PlatformUUID.kext and the SMUUID key/string in our com.apple.Boot.plist.

It seems to be generating the same hardware UUID of DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D for everyone who uses it. This doesn't seem to be a problem with regards to your machine working, but does leave it easy for some software to identify all our machines easily as the same or AKA, hackintosh. If you want to get around this issue then here is what is available now.

Rekursor has modified Chameleon RC4's boot file to allow us to choose what UUID key gets injected at boot. You will need to download the Binaries from his post, unarchive it and use the boot file from the /sym/i386/ folder instead of the original Chameleon RC4 boot file.

Then to complete the process, you will need to add the following in to your com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>SystemID</key>

<string>Insert your required UUID here</string>

I just used the UUID code that I previously used with RC3, and how I described it in the guide.

Reboot your system and you will now see a new Hardware UUID reflected in System Profiler. You will notice, for instance, that itunes thinks it's the first run again, like when you originally upgraded to RC4.

EDIT: From reading Rekursor's original post he says that the system generates an IOPlatformUUID from the system ID we enter. When we look at the Hardware UUID in system profiler, it shows us the IOPlatformUUID.

Does Anyone know about the connection of Apple cinema display 24" on our hackintosh ? I know that exist the GEFEN or ATLONA adapters, but what about the usb connection of Isight webcam, mic and speaker ?

Hi Giuseppe

I have never used one and all I can suggest is search (which you have probably already done). Sorry not to be any more help.

i have a working install dvd now and i installed mac os x 10.6.

(not ati, but nvidia did work)... i created a 1GB partition for

chameleon, booted into 10.5., installed chameleon, put the kexts its folder,

dsdt.aml, com.apple.boot.plist and the smbios into the extra folder...

its not working yet... should i make my own dsdt, and ...boot.plist

first to get this working?

greets

plx

Vanilla retail 10.6.2 install with Chameleon on a separate partition for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

I have also produced three other guides for the GA-EP45-DS3L

Using DSDT on the GA-EP45-DS3L

Vanilla Retail 10.5.7 install guide with Chameleon on a separate partition

Vanilla Retail 10.5.7 install guide with Chameleon on the EFI partition with Dual Boot Windows 7 on same HDD

News

14th December 2009 - 10:44

Support Files Updated to v2.4.1 - Now using Chameleon RC4

I have brought them up to date and revised some of the ReadMe's to reflect the latest advancements and contain newer info than the install guide PDF. I have also removed PlatformUUID.kext and the SMUUID key/string from the SMBIOS.plist as Chameleon RC4 now does that for you automatically.

13th December 2009 - 22:59

BootCD v1.06 Released - Now using Chameleon RC4

See Files section below for download link

11th December 2009 - 10:26

Chameleon RC4 has been released

It brings a host of new features and fixes, for instance: Fixed hibernation, option to hide partitions from displaying at boot, option to select PCiroot value for device injection of video & network, CPU recognition..

Read more at: h ttp://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc4-is-out

To install, download the Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin.tar package and copy the boot file from the i386 folder in to the root of your Cham partition, replacing the previous boot file.

Previous News

10th Dec: BootCD updated to v1.05 / Support Files updated to v2.3 - Brought up to date.

10th Dec: New DSDT for the GA-EP45-DS3L - mm67 has helped us to use a new DSDT - You can find it here

20th Nov: Netkas releases FakeSMC v2.5 - CPU temp reporting & debug message removal from kernel log. Link

9th Nov: Apple releases 10.6.2 update - Please read the details near the bottom of this post.

The Install Guide PDF is fairly old now and I have included any new information in the 'Up to date info that's not in the PDF guide' section, so please read this front page thoroughly.

21st August 2009

Introduction

Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard, it’s new, it’s out and you’ve got it and now you want to know how to install it?... Well I can show you how I have done it and to be honest it’s pretty easy. This is not a bible to the only way of doing things, it's purpose is to show how to build a retail system and get 10.6 installed. I have only documented what I did to get my system up and running. I couldn't possibly document every different option and there are plenty of other ways of doing it.

I have written this guide from a point of view of a fresh install and as always I aim to only use Chameleon’s /Extra folder and leave the retail install untouched.

First though, I have to thank Laszlo from projectsnow.net for his guide, as that is where I first discovered how to load Snow Leopard for testing purposes. Also thanks to everyone on this forum and in the OSX86 scene for creating the tools and evolving the installation process so it is now this easy to have a Macintosh on your PC.

For anyone who has followed my previous install guide for 10.5.X, installing 10.6 should prove fairly straightforward as you will already have a patched DSDT.aml for your system. For anybody else who doesn’t have a patched DSDT, then I recommend you follow my guide Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L and once you have one, test that it works on a 10.5.X system. However, your existing DSDT.aml needs to be edited to include a CMOS reset fix, otherwise everytime you restart the BIOS will present you with an error, offering you load from default settings or from the previously last used settings. You can find out how to do this by reading my DSDT guide.

This guide was made for my system using the following hardware. GA-EP45-DS3L Rev 1 BIOS F10. Intel Core2Duo 7300 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR 800Mhz, nVidia 8800GT 512MB, 2 x 500GB SATA II Hard Drive, SATA II DVD-RW, USB Keyboard & Mouse. If you have any additional hardware it might be worth unplugging it for now until the system is installed.

Although I have tried to make this guide as simple as possible, it still requires some knowledge of OSX86 and the willingness to research, read and learn. Before posting problems on this thread, please ensure you have read and completed the install guide PDF and have searched this thread for possible solutions.

What can be achieved with this guide?

I am currently running a Mac OS X 10.6.2 system with the kernel booting in both 32-bit & 64-bit mode with sleep, automatic sleep, shutdown, restart, time machine, bonjour networking, video and audio. Native 5.1 surround from digital coaxial posted as working with DSDT (See this post by philippebezoteaux). SpeedStep is working in 32-bit mode only with the use of VoodooPowerMini.kext. It's slick, rock solid and operates perfectly for my needs.

NOTE: For a more advanced vanilla speedstep solution, which works in both 32-bit and 64-bit, your CPU information needs to be incorporated in your DSDT. For more info you need to read FormleryKnownAs' guide.

Native NTFS read/write which was added by Apple but then removed is posted as working. Thanks to titan4. See this post. But be warned about potential issues by reading here.

32-bit or 64-bit?

I found a useful explanation here

Requirements

• for 64-bit you need a CPU with SSE3. So all core 2 duos, quads & extremes.

• SATA HD's and SATA DVD drive and make sure BIOS SATA AHCI mode is set to AHCI.

• A purchased Retail Mac OS X install DVD (not the restore DVD you get with Apple hardware).

• A USB keyboard & Mouse.

• A running OS X system to install from and either a spare HD or space for extra partitions on current HD.

• A USB memory stick 8GB minimum or external USB hard drive (Installing from a USB boot drive is recommended).

• A patched DSDT.aml which includes the CMOS reset fix! (I you don't have this then see my guide).

• My Support Files download.

• A little patience.

ATI Video cards

Anyone with an ATI video card, please read Netkas' ATI page & PC EFI page before attempting this install as you will need to use Netkas' PC EFI v10.4 (or newer) boot file which can inject support for Radeon cards in to the system at boot. Read how bero has used it to install Snow Leopard with a Radeon 4870. You could previously use EvoEnabler for this, see this post by Donar.

Up to date info that's not in the PDF guide

• Gigabyte have now released BIOS F11b. It works great and improves boot times with AHCI v1.20E. Steps to update here. Or as Z4g0r has mentioned you can use the @BIOS utility if you have Windows installed.

• You will no longer get you a CMOS reset after using v1.04 or newer of the BootCD.

• Use the Finder rather than the Terminal to replace Chameleon's boot file with the one from RC4 or Netkas' PC EFI v10.5. Thanks for the tip RustyShackleford, I have supplied a new app which doesn't require rosetta here.

• For sleep issues, it's always worth following the 'Jan Bird method', which is to make sure the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' checkbox is ticked in System preferences/Energy saver.

• The initial audio pop that occurs after a period of not using any sound can be fixed by changing the name of macintosh model in your SMBIOS.plist. To do this, find <key>SMproductname</key> and change the key to read to <string>MacPro1,1</string>. Note: I now use MacPro3,1 as I am using vanilla SpeedStep.

• DSDT was mentioned in the guide but it has evolved dramatically since, allowing for instance, enabling intel SpeedStep to lower CPU clock speed and therefore, temps. Doing this allows you to run without NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext.

• OpenHaltRestart has been required to shutdown & restart your machine and that is used in the guide. However with the latest DSDT file in the Support Files and on the BootCD v1.06 your GA-EP45-DS3L system will shutdown succesfully without it. For your system to restart you will need MasterChief's OSXRestart which he has been working on.

• Oldnapalm developed code to allow CPU temps to be passed to iStatMenus, which has now been included in Netkas' FakeSMC v2.5.

• DigitalDJ developed code to allow automatic CPU detection, which has now been included in Netkas' PC EFI v10.5 and Chameleon v2 RC4.

• Tmongkol, who supplied us the dummy kext - LegacyHDA.kext that we use for our audio, has stated we need to make a change to it for 10.6.2. The change involves editing the dummy kext's info.plist and removing the section of code <key>BuiltInHDA</key>. You can see exactly what to do on the front page of tmongkol's thread here (it's the first codebox).

This removes these two errors in the kernel log.

Known issues with this install

• Most problems come from using the OSInstall.mpkg method, which riddles your system with ownership/permission errors . This is the oldest of the install methods and now, not recommended.

Install methods - I have now included reported successful install options posted by users

Download the Install Guide PDF, the BootCD and the support files then follow the steps in the PDF.

For Step 2 of the guide, 'Install Mac OS X', the guide covers these three options...

BootCD - Boot from BootCD, and install directly from the retail Snow Leopard DVD.

Bootable USB Drive - Using an existing OS X system to build a USB boot drive with the retail Snow Leopard DVD.

OSInstall.mpkg - Using an existing OS X system to run the 10.6 OSInstall.mpkg to a spare HD.

NOTE: The OSInstall.mkpg method is now not recommended as it will give you ownership/permission errors.

But there are now successful variations to completing Step 2, kindly posted by users, and these are...

titan4's variation. Using a single HD and a distro (iPC).

shamansanchez's variation. Using a Single HD, 2 x partitions, Boot from USB to launch a restored 10.6 DVD image on HD.

boogi's variation. Using a single HD with 10.5 already installed and a USB.

l2oi3's fresh install from the BootCD without an existing 10.5 install or a DSDT.

Install Tips

• If you have trouble using the Terminal to replace Chameleon's boot file with the one from RC3 or Netkas' PC EFI v10.1/3 (or newer), then you can do it in the Finder. RustyShackleford gave the idea and I have supplied an app which doesn't require rosetta here. Run it to show all hidden files in the Finder. Then you can replace the boot file in the Finder, and run the app again afterwards to hide hidden files again.

• Ensure your system HDD is plugged in to SATA port 0. Thanks fragreaver.

• If running the 10.6 retail installer fails to complete, try not selecting printer drivers. Thanks doradekell.

• If you have 10.6 running but you're not happy that it's 100% stable, try re-installing 10.6 to another partition from within 10.6 and use that one instead. Thanks doradekell.

• Try resetting your BIOS to defaults, then only enabling AHCI and HPET to 64bit mode. Thanks titan4 & HMiller.

BIOS settings

I have put links here to screenshots of my BIOS for reference.

BIOS 1 BIOS 2 BIOS 3 BIOS 4 BIOS 5 BIOS 6 BIOS 7

This next bit is not needed for the installation of Snow Leopard but if you ever want to look at initiating Vanilla SpeedStep, in particular C-States, (See this post in DSDT thread) I have changed some settings for C-Sates on the Advanced BIOS Features page.

Files As of 8th December 2009 - 11:05 - The Install Guide PDF has been donwloaded 17,979 times

Install Guide PDF v2.4 (7.13MB) Last updated 12th September 2009 - 01:43

Alternate Download Link FileFactory

Install Guide Support Files v2.4.1 (1.66MB) Last updated 14th December 2009 - 10:43

Install Guide Support Files v2.2 (1.73MB)

Brought it up to date with the latest kexts and DSDT and also added boot file for Chameleon RC4. As v2.2 it Includes Sonotone's Bonjour Installer Package. Includes Chameleon v2 RC4 and Netkas' PC EFI v10.5 boot file as an optional install. Revised some of the ReadMe's with up-to-date information which is different to the Guide PDF.

GA-EP45-DS3L BOOTCD v1.06 (12.06MB) Last updated 13th December 2009 - 22:36

GA-EP45-DS3L BOOTCD v1.04 (9.08MB) Last updated 28th September 2009 - 22:22

Now built with Chameleon v2 RC4. I have brought the BootCD up to date with the latest kexts and DSDT with no Video or Networking but has the ALC888-0 HDEF patched, CMOS reset fix applied and it also tries to make use of Chameleon v2 RC4's automatic Video & Networking options (Success of this depends on what location your system identifies your hardware), (The video options will only work for nVidia video cards, but users of ATI should still be able to use it)

Note: This BootCD was forged with Trauma's BootCDMaker and edited by hand to suit my needs. It uses three kexts which were originally supplied in Superhai's Dell BootCD. So thank you Trauma and Superhai for your innovation.

Instructions:

Download this ISO and Burn it to a CD. Boot from it, eject the BootCD, insert your retail Snow Leopard DVD, wait a little bit, press F5 and you'll see the Install DVD in Chameleon's device list. Select it and boot to the installer. You might now have to wait for a minute for it to load up. Use Disk Utility to partition your HD as per this guide, install onto the SnowLeopard partition, when it's done, reboot back in to 10.5.X, then finish off the guide using the Support Files.

GA-EP45-DS3L SL USB dmg v1.2 (1.16MB) Last updated 8th September 2009 - 09:20

Put this on to a HFS+ GPT formatted USB for booting into your Snow Leopard system or use this as a start to building a Bootable USB Drive and Restore the 10.6 DVD on top of it. Note: This contains my old DSDT.aml file made from BIOS F10. You might want to change it for yours.

Make sure you've read this thread & a tested DSDT.aml on a 10.5.X system before attempting this install.

10.6.2 Update - Please read BEFORE updating

I updated my system to 10.6.2 using software update without any problems. And generally, if you have followed this guide and have a completely untouched system install and only added anything to Chameleon's /Extra folder then you are safe to use Software Update to update your system. But note.....

• Please read Netkas' 10.6.2 post BEFORE updating, noting the SleepEnabler update and nVidia 7 series video card and 64-bit issue. And as usual always update your backup install first to make sure it works as expected.

• If you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext in Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder then you will need to update your SleepEnabler to this new version BEFORE rebooting after the 10.6.2 update. Note: You can run your system without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext but your CPU will run hotter, so in that case you need to look at introducing Intel SpeedStep by patching P-States & C-States in to your DSDT. For further info, see this thread.

• Users of nVidia 7 series cards (maybe just 7300's) and using the kernel in 64-bit mode be warned that you might have problems, see this post by philippebezoteaux, read this by timdafweak, and this by Orwell. If you decide to follow this advice then keep a backup of the files you replace as this is a dirty hack, which although works for now, breaks the mould of this thread by you not having an untouched system install. And I am sure another solution will appear sometime which might allow you to put some if not all of your files back - leaving your system install untouched.

Useful files and links

Chameleon FAQ - http: //forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,754.0.html

Chameleon Unoffical Documentation - http: //forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,767.0.html

cVaD's Kext Utility v2.3.2 - Run this in SnowLeopard and let it rebuild your caches, permissions etc.

Stellarolla's Blog. The latest news from one of this forum's respected Legends.

Snow's guide at infinitemac.com. This is the original source of the USB install instructions. Credit to Snow.

Lifehacker's guide 1: Build a 10.6 Hack Pro Adam Pash's great guide - worth a look. But use the support file from here.

Lifehacker's guide 2: Install Snow Leopard Stellarolla helps Adam Pash with a Snow Leopard install.

Mac OS X Hints.com - A long time source of knowledge, tips and hits of anything OS X.

Trauma's BootCDMaker - My BootCD here was partly forged with of an earlier version of this.

Sonotone's Lizard - An application to assist with editing and tweaking your Chameleon com.apple.Boot.plist, SMBIOS.plist and managing themes.There is also an included BootCD maker.

Common Problems

Questions that get posted time and time again....

Q. "I get a Kernel Panic directly after selecting to boot Snow Leopard from Chameleon"

A. from page 17 of the guide.....The most common Kernel Panic is the one immediately after boot which is normally caused by the lack of a Snow Leopard boot file. You need either the Chameleon RC3 boot file or Netkas' PC EFI v10 boot file.

Q. "I have tried running the Chameleon installer but it fails"

A. The Chameleon package installer needs to be run from Leopard (10.5), or if using 10.6, you need to install it manually.

Chameleon Themes

After your hard work of building your hackintosh, did you know that you can personalise your install by changing the Chameleon theme? For a while now myself and others have been creating different themes and just thought I would mention it incase it wasn't well known.

Here's a sample of my latest theme and a bit of fun for Christmas.

You can find them at voodooprojects' forum at the Theme Park:

http: //forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/board,7.0.html

And finally...

If anybody follows this guide then please report your successes, failures etc. And finally, I only know what I have learnt so far, and if you have any tips, suggestions, better ways of doing things then please share it.

Many Thanks

:)

This post was last edited by blackosx on 14th December 2009 - 22:41

I'm trying the install using CD boot. Thanks for the information, by the way.

HP Elite Laptop is what I'm trying it on. It's getting stuck on "waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxxx-xxxx" Is there anything that I can try or am I out of luck?

Thanks.

i have a working install dvd now and i installed mac os x 10.6.

(not ati, but nvidia did work)... i created a 1GB partition for

chameleon, booted into 10.5., installed chameleon, put the kexts its folder,

dsdt.aml, com.apple.boot.plist and the smbios into the extra folder...

its not working yet... should i make my own dsdt, and ...boot.plist

first to get this working?

Well done for getting it installed.

Are you using this motherboard with latest BIOS? in which case you can use the DSDT on the BootCD, or in the support files. The install guide PDF should show you what to do to get it running.

Thanks again blackosx - just updated to RC4 and the new DSDT. The note about Rekursor's modified Chameleon RC4 and SystemID might be worth mentioning on the first page. I wouldn't have known about it had I not tried to post a reply to thank you.

Thanks for the pointer.

I'll do that ;)

I'm trying the install using CD boot. Thanks for the information, by the way.

HP Elite Laptop is what I'm trying it on. It's getting stuck on "waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxxx-xxxx" Is there anything that I can try or am I out of luck?

Thanks.

Hi Joe Schmit

Welcome to the forums. Can you edit your post so it doesn't include the whole front page?

This thread is for a Gigabyte motherboard not an HP Laptop. If you have the right hardware then BootCD works as polluxx2008 has just used it.

All I can suggest if you try to find a thread which is dedicated to hardware more like yours, or at least forget my BootCD and try the USB install method instead? But you will still need specific kexts/drivers for your laptop.

Hi Giuseppe

I have never used one and all I can suggest is search (which you have probably already done). Sorry not to be any more help.

Many thanks black,

I gave already try to search but i am searching for Isight webcam, mic and speaker.

Thank you very much for your help

You the best.

Giuseppe

surely i followed your guide... up to the chameleon installation,

putting the kexts in extra/extensions plus the dsdt.aml, boot.plist

and smbios into "extra" folder. it wont boot and gets directly "kernel panic"

as soon as the grey apple boot screen appears. but as i have a GA-EP45-DS3P

(P, not L - and the latest bios for it is 9c beta, and yes, i updated to that)

and another graphics card than yours, i think that its normal that it wont boot.

right? i guess, now is the time to set up my own dsdt + boot.plist, isnt it?

surely i followed your guide... up to the chameleon installation,

putting the kexts in extra/extensions plus the dsdt.aml, boot.plist

and smbios into "extra" folder. it wont boot and gets directly "kernel panic"

as soon as the grey apple boot screen appears. but as i have a GA-EP45-DS3P

(P, not L - and the latest bios for it is 9c beta, and yes, i updated to that)

and another graphics card than yours, i think that its normal that it wont boot.

right? i guess, now is the time to set up my own dsdt + boot.plist, isnt it?

Looking at the specs for your motherboard, your does differ from the intended board for this guide, in that yours uses ICH10R and ALC889A (You will need a different LegacyHDA.kext for your audio). So yes, you will need to build your own DSDT. Out of interest, does your new install boot without a DSDT in Chameleon's /Extra folder? If it does, then you know it's just the DSDT that's causing the kernel panic and building your own should cure the problem. (Note, booting without a DSDT will make your CMOS reset when restarting).

As for the com.apple.Boot.plist, hopefully the one shown in the guide should be enough to get you running, or try the 32bit one from the 3 Add to Chameleon Extra folder from the BootCD.

ok, i tried to create a dsdt for my board, but the patcher returns with a "comilation failed"-

does anyone have a dsdt.aml for a ga-ep45-ds3p / bios 9c or any idea where to get it?

Did you try ticking some of the fixes, such as local0 and WAK that I showed in the DSDT guide?

Did you try ticking some of the fixes, such as local0 and WAK that I showed in the DSDT guide?

no, i didnt find anything like that either in the guide nor in the patcher... will look again, maybe you could tell me, WHERE to check those functions.

meanwhile i hope to find a ready-to-use dsdt for my mobo as i think that im not the only one who

uses this mobo for mac os x... so: is there anyone out there who can help me?

ok, i found the fixex tab and chose wak an local0... didnt work ;)

Well done for getting it installed.

Are you using this motherboard with latest BIOS? in which case you can use the DSDT on the BootCD, or in the support files. The install guide PDF should show you what to do to get it running.

Thanks for the pointer.

I'll do that ;)

Hi Joe Schmit

Welcome to the forums. Can you edit your post so it doesn't include the whole front page?

This thread is for a Gigabyte motherboard not an HP Laptop. If you have the right hardware then BootCD works as polluxx2008 has just used it.

All I can suggest if you try to find a thread which is dedicated to hardware more like yours, or at least forget my BootCD and try the USB install method instead? But you will still need specific kexts/drivers for your laptop.

Hi Blackosx

Thanks for the info. Sorry for that post with the quote. First time on the forum... ;)

Hey, thanks for this great guide! You clearly put a lot of time and effort into making the PDf and support files :D The steps outlined work fine for me; the problem I am running into is trying to install windows 7 on a second partition.

I can get Windows to install just fine, and obviously when I restart it boots into Windows. To get around this I use the BootCD, put in the install disk, open up terminal and run fdisk to set the Chameleon partition back to active. However when I do this, I get hung up on "Verifying DMI Pool...." at startup. Is this the wrong way to go about fixing this?

Sorry if this question is beyond the scope of the post...maybe a suggestion of where to look? Google has failed me :)

P.S. I can use the BootCD successfully start into the SL install, but with no video (a.k.a. 1024x768 res, no second screen, etc).

Hey, thanks for this great guide! You clearly put a lot of time and effort into making the PDf and support files :D The steps outlined work fine for me; the problem I am running into is trying to install windows 7 on a second partition.

I can get Windows to install just fine, and obviously when I restart it boots into Windows. To get around this I use the BootCD, put in the install disk, open up terminal and run fdisk to set the Chameleon partition back to active. However when I do this, I get hung up on "Verifying DMI Pool...." at startup. Is this the wrong way to go about fixing this?

Sorry if this question is beyond the scope of the post...maybe a suggestion of where to look? Google has failed me :)

P.S. I can use the BootCD successfully start into the SL install, but with no video (a.k.a. 1024x768 res, no second screen, etc).

I haven't installed Windows on my hack for a long time now but I can point you to my dual boot guide which I put together a while back when I did successfully get windows 7 on a second partition with using Chameleon to boot either.

hello!

i really want to make progress in installing snow leopard but i definitely canNOT do this without any help.

these guides are nice but i dont know why it did NEVER work flawlessley with any of these guides as long

as i am experimenting with hackint0sh... its always like "installation of SL is pretty easy"... well, for me,

no mac os x installation has been easy because manay things depend on the personal setup (e.g. hardware)

and there are also a lot of software issues that may occur.

now its the third day from the beginning of the installation and it isnt installed yet - a shame for me as i am

not a beginner. but i theres nothing i can do about it. first issue was the install dvd, then the graphics card

(the install didnt start with my ATI card) and now i am stuck with that DSDT stuff because it doesnt work

as it should, as decsribed in the guide.... please help me, i want to finish my installation soon.

thanks

ok... so i put all the necessary kexts into its folder, left DSDT out, used the 32bit

com.apple.boot.plist - kernel panic right at the start (as soon as the grey boot screen appears).

is this because the bootloader needs the dsdt.aml file?

status: its booting when i use the boot-cd, but only lowest resolution (1024x768)

and i cant change the resolution... ok, not important because i want to use chameleon on the

1GB boot partition anyway. this brings us back to DSDT, right?