OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

I got sleep working on both my Hacks and it was really simple, but now that i read comments here i cant understand how come...

All I did on "hackTwo" was to remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext... (i didn't touch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is still there).

On "hackTwo" I also removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and reinstalled the kexts my system needs to run. (TM, ethernet and sleep weren't working).

Both my Hacks were installed with Boot 132 method and use EFI v9 I also have installed VoodooPower on hackTwo and VoodooPowerMini on hackOne.

good luck to you all

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ? I don't have this file in /system/library/extensions (I'm running on Boot132 / PCEFI9)

For @NoSmokingBandit I have almost the same hardware (except the CPU) with the same problem. I hope someone will find a solution!

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ? I don't have this file in /system/library/extensions (I'm running on Boot132 / PCEFI9)

For @NoSmokingBandit I have almost the same hardware (except the CPU) with the same problem. I hope someone will find a solution!

Is just a disabler :P

Worked nicely thru software update. A few reboots later it's running nicely. Since I use Voodoo 9.7 kernel to get shutdown/restart working, I had to use seatbelt.kext from 10.5.7 to get USB devices to mount.

Sleep still doesn't work, but it hasn't worked in any version so far. The best I've got is getting the computer to sleep shutdown properly by replacing IOUSBFamily with the version found on the forums but no matter what I can't get the computer to wake up. Seems to be an issue with the Abit IP35.

Change the name of the kext to something like "Yukon2Beerkexd.kext" and raise it´s version to 9.9.9 so it will not get replaced again and it will load over apple´s ones. :)

*lmao* crazy Spanish person.. ;)

Actually it doesn't bother me that it breaks - plus if it didn't I would never know the driver had been updated.

It's a very simple change anyway, just a device id in the plist and it works again.

Time Machine not working, how can I fix it. Errors are: Delayed. And when I try to repoint it to my Time Machine it say something about a network error. Any idea how I can fix time machine?

I can confirm what a few others have said regarding fixing sleep.

I have asus p5w-dh motherboard with intel e6600 core 2 duo and my sleep was not working either after upgrading to 10.5.8.

I think I have fixed this as follows:

Remove cpu power management disablers, eg NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (I know we normally remove this)

make sure ownership and permissions of kexts are correct

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

restart

I was able to boot into 10.5.8 and could sleep (selecting sleep from the apple menu) and wake from sleep (by pressing a key on the keyboard.

This might cause booting issues for some as I think AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not good for everybody so be careful.

Maybe vanilla Apple 10.5.8 kernel now requires AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for sleep to work?

fabcat

I have asus p5w-dh motherboard with intel e6600 core 2 duo and my sleep was not working either after upgrading to 10.5.8.

restart

I was able to boot into 10.5.8 and could sleep (selecting sleep from the apple menu) and wake from sleep (by pressing a key on the keyboard.

This might cause booting issues for some as I think AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not good for everybody so be careful.

Maybe vanilla Apple 10.5.8 kernel now requires AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for sleep to work?

fabcat

I CAN CONFIRM IT WORKS, just be sure u have not deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, :whistle:, another post on this topic say we have to delete this kext with Disabler.kext

Temperature report (eeepc1000H)summer in a hot room :P :

1. 10% without sleep = 35°c
  2. 95% without sleep = 56°c

3. 10% with sleep = 45°c
  4. 95% with sleep = 54°c

NEXT STEEP : Get SpeedStep Work and have the 10.5.7 temperatures

[sOLVED]

1. i`ve have lost 1 for 3 Serial-ATA drive. :D System have only 2 SATA HDD instead of 3.

How can i solve it? Someone have solved problems like that ?

2. My USB ports now can`t see external USB drive

~~~

update from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 with combo-Update.

answer please :D

Loooove my Hack Mini (Aopen Mini PC MP945-D)!

Updated from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 through Software Update. Zero issues. Everything worked as it should without my lifting a finger- wifi, ethernet, system profiler, sound, USB, everything. No KP, no glitches, no troubleshooting. Specs and info are below.

Sleep did not work before (I assumed it was VoodooHDA thing) and still doesn't. No freezing or KP, it simply can't engage. Will troubleshoot it more tomorrow. Would be nice if I could just remove Disabler, but thinking I may need that 'sleep watch' patch someone mentioned. Too bad I can't just DSDT my ALC888 audio working... theoretically possible, but no guides on it.

System setup: Core2Duo T5200, 2GB RAM, 500GB hd, GM945 / ICH7 chipset. Boot321 method to install retail OSX 10.5.6, updated to 10.5.7 through Software Update. Latest Chameleon + DSDT + DSMOS + Disabler + SMBios in EFI/Extras, VoodooHDA in S/L/E.

Update worked fine here!

- Did anyone recognized that there is now a Hardware-UUID in the Systemprofiler right under the serial number? Didn't seen this before here :)

- USB only directly on the Mainboard again, or plugged in at booting. Maybe i fix this again (10.5.6 worked best for USB with my Asus P5B-E) Strange, works now without changing anything. Maybe i have to boot one time with something attached in front USB for full function?

updated with software update. had to reinstall sound and usb wireless, but am having no luck getting QE re-enabled on my dual nvidia 9800 GTs :unsure:

edit: i've tried everything at this point. EFI string for a single card, a couple nvidia driver packages, removed all Ge* and NV* kexts/bundles/plugins, tried the 9f23 package... nothing. help??

restart

fabcat

This has worked for me as well. Sleep now works. P5W/Q6600 :wacko:

This has worked for me as well. Sleep now works. P5W/Q6600 :P

Well, for me works that too, but at the cost of core 1-4 of my CPU running at 69 Degree Celsius instead of 48 Degrees Celsius with 10.5.7 - i.e before the Update to 10.5.8

Runs cool under 10.5.8 with the 9.7.0 Vanilla Kernel though

restart

fabcat

Does not work on my GA-P35-DS3L.

I have patched dsdt, no disabler, and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement installed. Goes into sleep mode but fans stay on and the comp will not wake

I have patched dsdt, no disabler, and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement installed. Goes into sleep mode but fans stay on and the comp will not wake

+1 Same thing here, and Shutdown doesn't work too. :(

I have the same mobo and sleep works great but shutdown and restart does not. Even with VoodooPower installed.

Hey all,

I've got a reboot issue after taking the 10.5.8 update. I tried to take the 10.5.8 update via software update on my test external usb drive and now it won't boot. Upon first reboot it flies through a whole wack of kext files and then starts booting, but then stops at a firewire error. Basically saying it's unable to determine security. Now I've always had that error and usually it will boot through it, but it sits there and doesn't go any further. Anybody have a fix for this? I'm not exactly sure what the issue is.

My specs are in my sig. My install is retail dvd with boot132 disc and using Chameleon RC2 bootloader.

These are my kexts in Extra Extensions folder:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleDecrypt.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

Disabler.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IOUSBFamily.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

SMBIOSResolver.kext

I do remember seeing something about not being able to load LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext. Do I even need legacy kexts?

Thanks a lot,

Chevy

It works on Gigabyte mobo, but U have to delete disabler in S/L/E or in S/Extra ( .mkext) , and if U use bootThink, it contains disabler kext hidden, so have to use other boot loader

I have no disabler anywhere, the appleintelcpupm kext installed, and im using Chameleon 2rc2. Still no sleep.

I have the same mobo and sleep works great but shutdown and restart does not. Even with VoodooPower installed.

My restart and shutdown works great, so i'll try installing voodoopower and post results.

Tested first on my MBA, needed manually clear bootcache's. In Hackintosh, works well..

post-335483-1249800869_thumb.png

Kari

updated with software update. had to reinstall sound and usb wireless, but am having no luck getting QE re-enabled on my dual nvidia 9800 GTs ;)

edit: i've tried everything at this point. EFI string for a single card, a couple nvidia driver packages, removed all Ge* and NV* kexts/bundles/plugins, tried the 9f23 package... nothing. help??

Hi Did you try latest Nvidia pkg http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_MacOSX_18.5.2f16.html ? right click on the pkg then contents/packages and install each pkg one by one and CoreVidia 1.1 after worked for me.