OSX 10.5.8 is now in software update

276 posts in this topic

Thanks, but it doesn't help for me. Ithink there is another problem in dsdt fo EeePC.

I tried to modify my smbios.plist and my dsdt but no luck

Check your BIOS. I seem to remember seeing a lot of hacked versions around for EeePC, may cause issues.

Updatet my System few days before with combo update. Everything works fine - all i have to do is to get sound working...that was no problem.

But now i get a kernel panic when i want to install new software - i try with other software - same too!

Has anyone an idea? I´m using iAtkos V5 with Voodoo R1 (xnu).

Thanks in advance

Martin from Germany

I remember I had similar issues after upgrading to 10.5.x a while back. I´m not sure but I think it had something to do with you have to have the same version system.kext and kernel to fix it.

Check your BIOS. I seem to remember seeing a lot of hacked versions around for EeePC, may cause issues.

I have an originale Asus bios, only dsdt.aml.

Can you post your dsdt.aml and smbios.plist files here ?

Thanks

Hi all.

I´d like to ask if any of you here uses mobo based on nForce chipset.

I was reading the forum from the very first page and read a lot of success from many people, but here in my rig I just can´t get to work after the update to 10.5.8 even repairing permissions or using Combo or the Update file. Like many people know, in nForce chipsets there´s no friendly update. :)

If there´s any trick to nforce chipset based mobos, please let me know.

Cheers.

I have an originale Asus bios, only dsdt.aml.

Can you post your dsdt.aml and smbios.plist files here ?

Thanks

Hello,

What I have found on my tests with my 900HA EEEPC is dsdt.aml seems to be specific to the model but also to the version of the bios patched. So each time you request a dsdt.aml you should also ask about the bios version used with the dsdt.aml, and flash your bios with this version.

Moreover, it seems even identical models with same bios version could not work with the same dsdt.aml (perhaps because Asus changed supplier parts), that means you must make the dsdt.aml yourself on the computer to be sure.

Hello,

What I have found on my tests with my 900HA EEEPC is dsdt.aml seems to be specific to the model but also to the version of the bios patched. So each time you request a dsdt.aml you should also ask about the bios version used with the dsdt.aml, and flash your bios with this version.

Moreover, it seems even identical models with same bios version could not work with the same dsdt.aml (perhaps because Asus changed supplier parts), that means you must make the dsdt.aml yourself on the computer to be sure.

I allready make my dsdt.aml myself. But thanks for your answer

Which boot loader do you have (and others who have battery) I have Chameleon 2 RC2

Thanks

PS : 18seven I've tried your smbios.plist found at msiwind forum but it doesn't help

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 1.5.8 combo update and I get a brown "Restart Now" window and on reboot the window appears again. The -v argument revealed I had a kernel panic.

My DVD was kalyway 10.5.2 and I patched the iso to work with my Asus mobo (P5B, with Jmicron chipset).

How can I recover the system?

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a huge mistake in using Software Update to go from iPC 10.5.6 to 10.5.8, apparently. Rebooting with no boot options gives me an blank Apple logo, rebooting with -v gives me just a black screen, no text seems to pop up.

Of course I have no backups, is there any way to salvage this installation?

Perhaps this should force me to develop better backup habits! I appreciate any help that could be given.

Hi everyone

My config: Asus P5NE-SLI with nForce650i chipset , Intel Quad Q6600 2.3Ghz

I have installed iPCx86 10.5.6 on my PC with Voodoo kernel 9.5.0. Recently I have installed Chameleon RC2 and all work fine.

But how I install 10.5.8 from MAC software update. Because the first time when I installed it I was blocked in the apple logo.

Anyone can help me, I am a beginner.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have no graphics at all after the 10.5.8 iDeneb Delta Update.

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GO in Toshiba Satellite P100.

When I press the power button and then R the machine restarts, so the OS itself is responsive. It is just that there is no graphical UI at all.

I applied my 10.5.7 Extensions backup --> same thing, so it seems to be something outside the Extensions folder (Framebuffer? OpenGL?).

Does anybody have an idea, or experience with this 10.5.8 update NVidia graphics bug?

Thanks,

Bugs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi everyone

My config: Asus P5NE-SLI with nForce650i chipset , Intel Quad Q6600 2.3Ghz

I have installed iPCx86 10.5.6 on my PC with Voodoo kernel 9.5.0. Recently I have installed Chameleon RC2 and all work fine.

But how I install 10.5.8 from MAC software update. Because the first time when I installed it I was blocked in the apple logo.

Anyone can help me, I am a beginner.

Thanks

Try booting with -x -f -v (x = safe mode, f = ignore caches, and v = diagnostic verbose mode)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just updated my iPC 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 using these instructions. After the update, I got the dreaded infinite reboot problem so I restored my kexts and mach_kernel from a backup I made prior to running the updater.

My infinite reboot issue was resolved as a result of the restoration, however, now I'm getting the error "Couldn't alloc class 'Apple8259PICInterruptController'".

I googled the issue and google returned 0 results for this problem.

I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what exactly is going on here and how I can resolve this issue without having to reinstall iPC to get this computer back up and running.

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
ok , My Hack is on 10.5.8 now - got a reboot first time , everythings well after 2nd boot.

Everything working after update , GFX , Sound , Ethernet , Sleep ..Cool

More info on your setup please? ^_^

Hello, I just updated my iPC 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 using these instructions. After the update, I got the dreaded infinite reboot problem so I restored my kexts and mach_kernel from a backup I made prior to running the updater.

My infinite reboot issue was resolved as a result of the restoration, however, now I'm getting the error "Couldn't alloc class 'Apple8259PICInterruptController'".

I googled the issue and google returned 0 results for this problem.

I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what exactly is going on here and how I can resolve this issue without having to reinstall iPC to get this computer back up and running.

Thank you so much!

Could you please repost that link? It's dead. ^_^