BootThink 2.4.6 (2010-01-28) support ubuntu 9.10 GRUB 2

367 posts in this topic

I am some what new to this and i need help:

I am going to follow the following step let me know if I am taking right or wrong steps:

1. Installed window 7 (which created 1st partition with 100 mb and 300 gb for windows itself)
  2. shrink partition made more partiton (100 mb, 50 gb - current win 7, 50 gb - for os x, 200 gb - shared drive)
  3. Install Think Boot 2.3 windows version in windows 7
  4. install iAtKos v7 10.5.7 os x without any bootloader selected from dvd
  5. done and hopefully everything working fine

Am I following steps correctly? I haven't done this yet but I Just want to make sure that I am going to following right steps.

Thanks in Advance

I am some what new to this and i need help:

I am going to follow the following step let me know if I am taking right or wrong steps:

1. Installed window 7 (which created 1st partition with 100 mb and 300 gb for windows itself)
  2. shrink partition made more partiton (100 mb, 50 gb - current win 7, 50 gb - for os x, 200 gb - shared drive)
  3. Install Think Boot 2.3 windows version in windows 7
  4. install iAtKos v7 10.5.7 os x without any bootloader selected from dvd
  5. done and hopefully everything working fine

Am I following steps correctly? I haven't done this yet but I Just want to make sure that I am going to following right steps.

Thanks in Advance

iAtKos v7 maybe will install one bootloader at least, and it will damage the loader of win 7.

You could have a try [1]-->[2]-->[4]-->fix win7 loader with the win7_DVD -->[3]-->[5]

--------------

iAtKos v7 maybe will install one bootloader at least, and it will damage the loader of win 7.

You could have a try [1]-->[2]-->[4]-->fix win7 loader with the win7_DVD -->[3]-->[5]

--------------

Thanks for quick reply I really appreciate it. I will try that and see how it goes tonight.

one more question when you say fix my window 7 loader

do you mean i put win 7 dvd choose repair than run command and make 100 mb partition active and fix startup automatically or should i choose the 50 gb win 7 partition?

I think i should i choose 100 mb partition cause i read somewhere that 100 mb partitions is where windows installs bootmgr, is this correct?

Very intriguing. Even though the file structure is more complicated than it has to be, it has a ton of support for OS X Snow, Leo and Tiger. I had a successful boot of Snow Leopard, however I was unable to get CD Boot to work with my Snow Leo DVD.

I tried showing all boot devices and pressing C at startup.

Thanks and it's coming along nicely! :P

-Stell

Very intriguing. Even though the file structure is more complicated than it has to be, it has a ton of support for OS X Snow, Leo and Tiger. I had a successful boot of Snow Leopard, however I was unable to get CD Boot to work with my Snow Leo DVD.

I tried showing all boot devices and pressing C at startup.

Thanks and it's coming along nicely! :)

-Stell

im suffering from the same problem.

thanks for the bootloader tho it works great.

Congratulations, once again !!

Install; put kexts in Darwin / System / library + library SL and tried and ... magic result . Able to boot leo, SL, and XP xithout pain.

Thank you very much !

(I could still notice that the boot 's time of SL keeps much more long than leo .

fred

Thank you xiezhy!

This is really stable and I get no kernel panics running SL retail.

Its the first bootloader for SL that works flawlessly on my system, no problems whatsoever.

I prefer this to all the others, (no offence to others)

Thanks again! :D

Xiezhy - Thanks again for your work mate. Your boot loader is by far my favourite, and with SMBIOS injecting it is now almost complete! Just wondering, when ever I try to boot a retail DVD on the intel hackintosh in my sig I always get a "waiting for root device" error. Does the CD-Boot only work on certain chipsets, or am I just doing something wrong?

Tried with success in my PC (see sig.), only 10.5 for now. It boots perfectly Windows XP from other hard disk.

Putting AHCI or SATA extensions into /Darwin/System/Library/Extensions it can boot from Leopard DVD.

Both commands "# p=-" (hide non bootable partitions) and "# b=3" (timeout for default partition) work well.

Many thanks xiezhy

tested on my Snow. EFI64 supported..!

BootThink_2009-09-09_9.01.02-PM.png

also worked when boot -x32

BootThink_2009-09-09_10.06.41-PM.png

had to manage for booting Leo on different partition,

because Boot Think will load Leo's extra mkext & kext from Snow partition, NOT from Leo/Extra

- copy Extensions.mkext from /Leo/Extra to /Snow/Darwin/System/Library

- copy *.kext from /Leo/Extra/Extensions to /Snow/Darwin/System/Library/Extensions

also it will load DSDT.aml, com.apple.Boot.plist, smbios.plist from /Snow/Darwin, NOT from /Leo/Extra.

my Leo using Chameleon 2 RC2.

here is my Darwin dir..

BootThink_2009-09-09_10.13.44-PM.png

Can someone upload to rapidshare.com or mediafire? can't download from rapidshare.de and chinese download is very slow... (2kb/s !)

http://rapidshare.com/files/277528624/Boot_Think_2.3_Mac.zip 
http://rapidshare.com/files/277532105/Boot_Think_2.3_Win.rar

The EFI installation on Boot Think 2.3 did not work well for me :D , It just won't install anything to EFI partition. And now the EFI Hidden partition won't hidden anymore :P , even after I'm back to PC-EFI, it show up on boot list and mounted automatically on Finder.

Any ideas how to hide the EFI Hidden partition?

LOL

Actually it wasn't changing the AHCI settings that allowed me to boot from the DVD. Try booting with -f. It's kinda weird for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Just keep rebooting until it does. As for re-hiding the EFI partition, I have no idea, I just reformatted and am running boot think of a USB stick for now

The Intel Machine in my sig is now running a completely vanilla 10.6.1 installed form a retail disk with everything working and no modified kexts in S/L/E! Thanks to this bootloader I'm probably one of the few ppl in the world running a stock Snow Leopard install on a PowerMac G4.