[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Dear ugokind,

Thanks your help,Sorry about that I told you wrong before!(Help me to want card part to join s the files sound in a files) if possible, whether to give me to change once more, the S files primarily, join A files the Display Card kext inside S, this's because when with the S dsdt files,the SL normal,sometimes A dsdt files meet KP,S file also can get the right info message with me and boot more fast

and also sorry about my poor english

Thank you very much

ok step 1 use my dsdt. is Your request to join the 1st into the 2nd. and more: I put other mods.. but don't be afraid to test it. so TEST IT.

2nd: your dsdt (a or s), like the others in this topic, has the video injection of the internal graphic card. So if you think that it is sufficient to run your second graphic card, you're wrong.

then, put the Aty_init universal video injector in Extra/Extensions, search for it I don't remember where it is.

this could solve the problem

Greetings, fellow Zotac owners!

It's funny, after going over (and over) this thread a dozen times trying to get my setup just right, I feel like I know most of you already! First off, I can't say thank you enough for all of the work you've done to help dilettantes like me get osx running on their PC hardware. You are true pillars of the InsanelyMac community; without folks like you, we'd all still be using patched kernels and have S/L/E folders filled with modified kexts, living in dread of every Apple software update.

Thanks to the wisdom you've shared in this thread, I've been able to get my HTPC mostly up-and-running with SL 10.6.2. The tricky part has been that I have the relatively rare earlier model, the Zotac GF9300 A-E. It's pretty similar to yours, but mATX instead of ITX, and it's sound and ethernet adapters are older.

You can look at the most detailed write-up of its specs I've been able to track down here.

Unfortunately, I've kind of run into a wall about 90% of the way finished, and was hoping any one of you wouldn't mind taking a look at my set-up, and advising me how to proceed.

Here's what I'm running:

Motherboard: Zotac GF9300 A-E

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz LGA 775

GPU: Zotac GT 220

I'm attaching a ZIP with my patched dsdt and the contents of my Extra folder. My S/L/E is vanilla. The computer boots, and I get video from all three (VGA, DVI, HDMI) outs on my gfx card, with QE/CI. The lan and sound patches on my dsdt are from this guide here. I haven't gotten the HPET fix working yet.

My problems are as follows --

a) My computer is a little picky about which USB keyboards it will and won't recognize. I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse which works consistently, but the Adesso wireless keyboard and touchpad I got specifically for this rig only is detected every so often. During boot-up, I usually get a message about IOUSBFamily being unable to determine a device.

;) Bonjour doesn't work. I've tried a few fixes, including a modified Realtek1000SL.kext and a ioconfig commend embedded in startup, and while both have made Bonjour work, they have in turn made the computer reject attempts at afp and VNC networking.

c) The program Boxee installs, but crashes within seconds every time I try to open it. This in and of itself isn't a big deal, but I worry about what's causing it, and what other limitations it might impose.

If anybody has any ideas how to go about fixing these issues, I'd be glad to hear it. Also, I'm happy to provide any more information, such as a recent boot log -- but you might have to teach me how to about that, first. :)

Thanks so much, for all the help you've (unwittingly) provided me with already!

Cheers,

knidsrok

Zotac_GF9300_A_E.zip

Hi guys,

It's a while I'm thinking to build a powerful mini-ITX system. I was researching and reading (specially this topic) for a few days and this is the config I come up to:

Zotac GF9300-I-E (so I'll have wake on USB)

Intel Q8400S (2.66Ghz/4MB/45nm/65W TDP)

2x2GB DDR2

2TB Samsung F2 (low power 5400rpm)

Pioneer slim slot-loading SATA DVD Burner

A compatible USB Wi-Fi card

Here is my questions:

1. Most importantly, is this config 100% compatible? Will I have any issue on any parts or functions? It's extremely important for me to have everything works as good as a Mac Mini.

2. Has anyone tried Dual screen? Is the DVI & HDMI connections are same? can you get HDMI with sound in Snow Leopard?

3. Will this run with 200W PicoPSU? I'm planning to get THIS!!

4. What's the best option for Wi-Fi? I prefer to have N as well as B/G... Any suggestion for a OTB compatible model? USB is prefered...

Cheers, and thanx in advance for your help!

I'm having some troubles with this mobo and I hoped that someone could help me out. First I tried to install leopard(10.5.6) It went fine ( no quart gl/extreme enabled but i probably could fix that) but as soon as i put an bootloader on it (chameleon) it didn't boot. So I tried Snow Leopard (I was lucky enough to have a friend with a mac pro so i could plug my hard drive in and install SL and the bootloader, put the hd back in my pc) and it worked perfectly. Except that I couldn't change the resolution. I noticed this when I tried some games that changed the resolution, they gave a black screen. So to be sure it was the resolution I changed it in system preferences. it gave me a black screen. But ever since I did that SL won't show a screen at all. Only when I boot whit -x. So I swapped monitors once and that gave me screen again! Unfortunately when I changed the resolution again on the new screen It turned blue again and won't give me screen.

I followed the SL guide that was in the first post, post 314 (not 312 you might wanna change that ;))

I hope that someone can help me. I'd like snow leopard, but leopard would be fine to.

edit nvm, got it working. I needed to use a dvi cable not a old skool vga :)

Much of it is covered earlier in this topic, such as power consumption, wifi cards and sound. I'm not sure anyone has tried dual screen - the DVI and HDMI outputs are shared from what has been said in earlier msgs.

Thanx for the reply :(

Yeah, I read about power, sound and wifi... But what I meant by "100% compatible" was about sleep,restart and shutdown functions, or if I can use update Mac OS X using Software Update and etc...

About dual screen, I know DVI & HDMI are same picture, but has anyone tried VGA as main display and HDMI as the secondary? Does HDMI do the sound too?

Cheers

From other threads (and forums) about DSDT editting, it looks as though the sleep/restart/shutdown issues can be handled either with kexts or DSDTs. If you set the system up so that there are no patched kexts in S/L/E, and using a vanilla kernel, updates are pretty plain sailing, although it's always worth looking around and seeing who's installed updates and what success they've had before committing yourself. It also makes a lot of sense to have either Time Machine working, or do a full backup with SuperDuper!, Carbon Copy Clone or Diskutil to a bootable disk, so you have a way back if it all goes pear-shaped, which it can if you replace a kext wrongly, set a bad option in com.apple.boot.plist etc.

From other threads (and forums) about DSDT editting, it looks as though the sleep/restart/shutdown issues can be handled either with kexts or DSDTs. If you set the system up so that there are no patched kexts in S/L/E, and using a vanilla kernel, updates are pretty plain sailing, although it's always worth looking around and seeing who's installed updates and what success they've had before committing yourself. It also makes a lot of sense to have either Time Machine working, or do a full backup with SuperDuper!, Carbon Copy Clone or Diskutil to a bootable disk, so you have a way back if it all goes pear-shaped, which it can if you replace a kext wrongly, set a bad option in com.apple.boot.plist etc.

Ok, that helps... The reason why I'm asking all these questions is becuase I couldn't find a single post that put all these DSDT patches and needed kexts together! so I was worrying if I'll get everythign work or not...

So the last question... has anyone tried VGA/HDMI dual screen?

Hi guys! I've just installed a Hazard Combo 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. For now everything is going quite well (especially with Ugo's dsdt.aml). Video is OK Ethernet is OK But sound and sleep are not. I think it's all because I'm using the latest build (10.6.2), many of zotac 9300 itx users reported this issue. What should I do? Should I use 10.6 or 10.6.1 would be OK too? Somebody please link me a good guide about dtds compilation or a sugestion about how can I fix the sound. Thanks ;)

Hi guys! I've just installed a Hazard Combo 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. For now everything is going quite well (especially with Ugo's dsdt.aml). Video is OK Ethernet is OK But sound and sleep are not. I think it's all because I'm using the latest build (10.6.2), many of zotac 9300 itx users reported this issue. What should I do? Should I use 10.6 or 10.6.1 would be OK too? Somebody please link me a good guide about dtds compilation or a sugestion about how can I fix the sound. Thanks :)

I also installed Hazard 10.6.2 + Chameleon RC4 and for most part it worked fine but I have no QE/QI though I could change resolutions. System Profiler lists the following

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x086c

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.2

Displays:

HF199H:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

So how do I enable QE/QI?

Hi guys,

It's a while I'm thinking to build a powerful mini-ITX system. I was researching and reading (specially this topic) for a few days and this is the config I come up to:

Zotac GF9300-I-E (so I'll have wake on USB)

Intel Q8400S (2.66Ghz/4MB/45nm/65W TDP)

2x2GB DDR2

2TB Samsung F2 (low power 5400rpm)

Pioneer slim slot-loading SATA DVD Burner

A compatible USB Wi-Fi card

Here is my questions:

1. Most importantly, is this config 100% compatible? Will I have any issue on any parts or functions? It's extremely important for me to have everything works as good as a Mac Mini.

2. Has anyone tried Dual screen? Is the DVI & HDMI connections are same? can you get HDMI with sound in Snow Leopard?

3. Will this run with 200W PicoPSU? I'm planning to get THIS!!

4. What's the best option for Wi-Fi? I prefer to have N as well as B/G... Any suggestion for a OTB compatible model? USB is prefered...

Hi I'm just answering for point 3. Yes my Zotac wrk's very nicely with a 150W picoPSU the case is Silverstone Petit SST-PT09S I took out the PSU which was installed and replaced it with the 150W PicoPSU and a 12V/150W external power supply. I love my zotac's even if the board ethernet does not work but with a gigabyte pci-e they work just fine

I cant' say if my mac's are 100% compatible even if they where 90% I would not go back to windows. My bluetooth keyboard's mouses working well. With parallel desktop I can run (sigh) windows for the CAD and embedded's. I'm more than happy with it I suppose my system's are 98-99% compatible. As for the USB-Wifi I use the n3 from rockland technologies which is very powerful (0.5W).

cheers :wacko:

Cheers, and thanx in advance for your help!

anyone wanna upload their latest and greatest /Extra folder, including dsdt and S/L/E kext (if any) :-)

a few question on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 before i jump the zotac bandwagon.

Wifi - NOT WORKING, only solution is to buy a USB wifi

LAN - working via nForce kext to be place in S/L/E, but it dies after waking from sleep (?)

Bonjour - not working? ifconfig? r1000 kext?

nVidia 9300 - yes via DSDT (i'll be using DVI only)

ALC662 Audio - yes patched hda in S/L/E or hdaebler in /Extra + dsdt

USB wake on keyboard or mouse - is this working on ZOTAC GF9300-G-E?

vanilla speedstep - dsdt yes? (anyone wanna post their dsdt with working speedstep)

shutdown - is this working natively? or a kext needed to shut it down (evereboot or openhalt)

restart - Asere's bootloader or pre RC5?

sleep - Yes

automatic sleep - NO?

Thanks a lot, hope someone can reply :)

edit: read the whole thread again but there's still a few Q's unanswered.

Could anyone please confirm that QE is working in SL 10.6.2? I could change resolutions, but it looks like QE is not working for me... cannot install Final Cut and all. What do I need to do to configure QE support?

Also, audio output selection is not sticking for me, i.e. after every reboot audio always deaults to "headphones" and I have to go to Preferences every time to change it to output to "internal speakers". Annoying. :D

i'll answer that for you! Hope your questions and all my answer will hopefully clear things up.. also note that i can only speak of Zotac 9300 G-E so it may be different if you have other hardware version.

Wifi - NOT WORKING, only solution is to buy a USB wifi

yes it's NOT WORKING.. the GE doesnt have an extra PCI-e so yes it's via USB only if you wanna add wifi! bummer.

LAN - working via nForce kext to be place in S/L/E, but it dies after waking from sleep (?)

mine is working out of the box, no kext, patch etc. and yes it wont turn on (wont detect an IP address on DHCP) after sleep :P

Bonjour - not working? ifconfig? r1000 kext?

another YES.. working out of the box including jumbo frames which is pretty surprising. now no more need for R1000 kext or ifconfig

nVidia 9300 - yes via DSDT (i'll be using DVI only)

DSDT yes, there are 2 version (?) posted in this thread with 2 different NVCAP, tested it and both seems to be working fine. (note: haven't tested HDMI, VGA or Dual display - only DVI)

ALC662 Audio - yes patched hda in S/L/E or hdaebler in /Extra + dsdt

YES again, you need dsdt + legacyHDA or dsdt + appleHDA in System/Library/Extensions.. bummer though because both method produce a sound assertion but it works fine..

anyone has a working kext w/o the sound assertion and a working MUTE?

USB wake on keyboard or mouse - is this working on ZOTAC GF9300-G-E?

i have the GE and yes - wake on keyboard and mouse is working.. my Aluminum keyboard wont wake my system though, need mm67 expertise on this.

edit: fixed! aluminum kb is waking my system now, hopefully LAN will be next *crossing fingers*

vanilla speedstep - dsdt yes? (anyone wanna post their dsdt with working speedstep)

another YES.. just add your processor scope and speedstep is working, i'm also using a macmini3,1 smbios.plist.. as for the dsdt, someone posted it a few pages back.

shutdown - is this working natively? or a kext needed to shut it down (evereboot or openhalt)

YES! shutdown works w/o a fix or kext but restart wont so you still need evoreboot or openhalrestart.kext or Master Chief's osxrestart.

restart - Asere's bootloader or pre RC5?

another NO, mine wont restart even using the latest RC5 pre10 by Rekursor + Team or asere's 1.1.9 bootloader.. will try to post/PM the respective owner of the fix and hopefully we can ommit 1 kext in extra.

sleep - Yes

YES it's working, but as mention above - if you sleep your machine then the ethernet wont detect DHCP. hope someone can fix this specially on the GE since bonjour and LAN works out of the box.

automatic sleep - NO?

YES, but again sleep = No ethernet :(

basically the remaining issue is the LAN and a much better ALC662 kext or patch.. HTH :)

anyone has a working kext w/o the sound assertion and a working MUTE?

I use AC97 instead of HDA in my (P5K PRO) BIOS which 'solved' the last two sound assertions. Can you try this (when your BIOS has this option)?

YES! shutdown works w/o a fix or kext but restart wont so you still need evoreboot or openhalrestart.kext or Master Chief's osxrestart.

Note: Mine is cleaner.

another NO, mine wont restart even using the latest RC5 pre10 by Rekursor + Team or asere's 1.1.9 bootloader.. will try to post/PM the respective owner of the fix and hopefully we can ommit 1 kext in extra.

We should be able to fix this before releasing RC5. Already tried verbose mode? Do you see something like: "Not an Intel platform: Restart Fix not applied !!!" or not?

If yes then we might want to extend this check:

// Restart Fix
if (Platform.CPU.Vendor == 0x756E6547) {	/* Intel */
	fix_restart = true;
	getBoolForKey(kRestartFix, &fix_restart, &bootInfo->bootConfig);
} else {
	verbose ("Not an Intel platform: Restart Fix not applied !!!\n");
	fix_restart = false;
}

YES it's working, but as mention above - if you sleep your machine then the ethernet wont detect DHCP. hope someone can fix this specially on the GE since bonjour and LAN works out of the box.

Have you tried to reload the kext after sleep?

p.s. Is your BIOS ACPI 1.0 or 2.0 compliant? You can check the dumped ACPI tables (and attach them here if you want).

I use AC97 instead of HDA in my (P5K PRO) BIOS which 'solved' the last two sound assertions. Can you try this (when your BIOS has this option)?

no option like that, the only choice is either internal codec or external

Note: Mine is cleaner.

it's weird Chief because even using your v1.5 restart wont work (didn't test youtr kext before i post my message).. shutdown works natively though without doing anything in dsdt or patch.

note: Ethernet after wake up is my/our priority for now since it's ok using one kext.

We should be able to fix this before releasing RC5. Already tried verbose mode? Do you see something like: "Not an Intel platform: Restart Fix not applied !!!" or not?

havent tried booting yours/team (preRC5) in verbose, but i tried it using asere's 119 and it say's restart fix is applied but wont restart.. it's stuck on the black screen with fans on.

Have you tried to reload the kext after sleep?

didn't test it yet (out of town for 2 days) but are you pertaining to the nvenet kext?

edit: Yes, nvenet kext is still loaded after sleep, but Ethernet is in red and can't pick any IP address

this is the log after wake from sleep or auto sleep

kernel    NVEthernet::setLinkStatus - Valid but   not Active
kernel    System Sleep
SyncServer[285]    [110ea0] |SyncServer|Warning|   Refreshing watchdog   because of a calendar time change alert.
kernel    Wake reason = EHC2
kernel    System   Wake
kernel    Previous Sleep Cause: 0
kernel    USB (EHCI):Port 2 on bus 0x24 has  remote    wakeup from some device
Apple80211 framework[118]	Apple80211 framework	ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface
Apple80211 framework[118]	Apple80211 framework	ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface
configd[13]	configd	network configuration changed.
mDNSResponder[27]    Note: DeregisterInterface:   Frequent transitions   for interface en0

hope this can be fixed since this board has

a: working automatic sleep (a pain for other board including my gigabyte)

b: working gigabit lan out of the box (lspci below, turns out it's the same as a macbook5,1)

c: working bonjour out of the box (the first one i read/used that is working w/o a patch)

p.s. Is your BIOS ACPI 1.0 or 2.0 compliant? You can check the dumped ACPI tables (and attach them here if you want).

attached on my next post. will attach it here when i get back, if anyone is reading this and wanna do it - please do so! we have the Chief on board who is more than willing to help us :)

BTW this zotac is a really nice board and runs snow flawlessly.. if the LAN issue will be iron out (WIFI is a loss cause) - then this is gonna be a mac mini killer.. and thanks Chief, it's better posting here than replying in my PM

note: lspci on ethernet

00:0a.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: nVidia Corporation MCP79 Ethernet [10de:0ab0] (rev b1)

and googling it gave me this http://en.opensuse.org/MacBook#Ethernet which is exactly the same as a Macbook5,1 which is why it works out of the box including bonjour.. audio seems to be the same too..

got a hold of of macmini3,1 dsdt (thanks to mm67) and MB5,1 dsdt (c/o projectosx) and tried experimenting and copied the entire GIGE entry but it didn't work (LAN after wake) hahaha.. here it is (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4770324/macmini3%2C1zotac.zip) if anyone wants it - speedstep is working and other stuff but LAN isn't after wakeup

also got the same sound assertions error on the 9300ge, if the bios is set to external the error was gone

T.

aha works! so that's how it needs to be set in BIOS. Thank you.. now all we need is a working MUTE function. anyone?

anyone notice that the PM profile isn't detected correctly? even setting it manually using system-type=1?

[02Ch 0044 1] Model : 01

[02Dh 0045 1] PM Profile : 00 (Unspecified)

@Chief

acpidump added :(

ACPI_Tables.zip

Building a Hackintosh wanted to know if this sounds good?

Zotac GF9300-G-E---129

E3200 2.4-------------51

2GB Ram--------------40

WD 160GB------------40

Sony DVDRW---------24

APEX MI-008 Case---40

SL----------------------30

Airport PCI-e----------30

Total--------------------384

Did I miss something?

Will everything work?

Building a Hackintosh wanted to know if this sounds good?

Zotac GF9300-G-E---129

E3200 2.4-------------51

2GB Ram--------------40

WD 160GB------------40

Sony DVDRW---------24

APEX MI-008 Case---40

SL----------------------30

Airport PCI-e----------30

Total--------------------384

Did I miss something?

Will everything work?

as of this writing, YES everything will work except for the GE's ethernet after waking up from sleep.. if you don't let it sleep then you'll be fine. note: you need to set it to never sleep in system preference because auto sleep is working.

also this "Airport PCI-e----------30" will not work! the GE doesn't have a spare PCIe because the wifi included is connected via USB header.. your only option is to buy a USB wifi or choose other ITX by Zotac

Anyone tried the following drivers for Ethernet resume from sleep? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125569

can someone let me know if it works -- this apparently worked for a few folks with HP Mini 311 (same chipset)

tried this and deleted nvenet.kext but it didn't work, built in ethernet still can't pick up IP address after sleep..