[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

very nice!! cool

gaansan recently did experiences about power and energy measurements.. He used a method similar to mine.. cutting the 220v Wire and put a tester in series to read Ampere .. (please don't repeat that test if you haven't experiences on electric/electronic !!)

the machine is a board with C2D E8500

in sleep mode it spends about 0.07A (ca. 15W)

in Idle " " 0.25A (ca. 55W)

on stress CPU (i.e. when you start parallel desktop or use Archicad) 0.39A (86W)

so.. that confirm my initial goal and what I say to everybody..

let's see in Apple Store.. take a look into those 5 laptop.. look at the middle one.. the configuration (cpu, ram, video etc..) is quite near the typical Zotac..

and we have a very low cost mac osx that spends a very little energy!!!

MERAVIGLIOSOooooooooooooooooooooo

I've tried something similar with a Zotac MB and have every thing working, except that when the system wakes up from sleep, the ethernet port no longer works. Does yours work properly? Any advice?

John

The simple way is to use a wireless card. Could anybody suggest a wireless card? (not USB)

I've tried something similar with a Zotac MB and have every thing working, except that when the system wakes up from sleep, the ethernet port no longer works. Does yours work properly? Any advice?

John

Hi every body,

I'm delighted with this board to me its near perfect because x64 does not work and ethernet does not.

So for x64 I do not care but sleep was the issue for me.

for ethernet I bought Sonnet Presto Gigabit PCIe Basic at $29

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Sonnet%20Technology/GE1000E/

and for the WiFi solution on Ebay I found a PCIe Broadcom

2 Antenna PCI-E 802.11n WIFI card BCM4321 PC OSX 10.6.1 for 37$

Both worked out of the box the later no more available from the seller.

I found an other which should also work it is a Wireless WiFi 11n PCI-E Card Mac Pro G5 Airport 300Mbps

http://cgi.ebay.ch/Wireless-WiFi-11n-PCI-E...e#ht_1775wt_941

Two days ago I got the 03 version board Ethernet still not working and resets cmos after a sleep on reboot.

but wake works with left mouse click this with the ethernet or wifi boards mentioned above.

Also if and USB drive is connected you don't get any error message any more and of course you have internally

3xSATA... to me a near perfect Mac.

My install was Vanilla with Dreamwatcher DSDT and a prepared Dr Hurt Chamaleon 2 RC3

the kexts are listed below I also put the link on rapidshare of my modded DrHurt Chameleon 2 RC3

but I wont take any responsibility as you will understand I hope and look at my BIOS settings below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/322726512/Zotac_9300_ITX.zip

I just would like to thank every body here for making the Mac possible on a Zotac ge 9300 ITX and I'm not

taking any credit for my self with out this post I would never have put together this Snow 10.6.2 :rolleyes:

BIOS setting :

in CPU Feature: Virtualization Technology (enabled)

Advanced Chipset Features:

On Board GPU (always Enable)

iGPU FrameBuffer Control (manual)

Frame Buffer Size (512M)

iGPU clock (Auto)

Integrated Peripherals:

MPC Storage Config:

SATA Operation Mode (AHCI)

MPC Storage Config:

SATA Operation Mode (AHCI)

Hardware Monitor: (Optional)

CPU SmartFan Control (Disabled)

CPU Fan Control (75%)

MCP Superio Config

On Chip Serial Port (Disabled)

MAC Lan (Disabled)

Machine MAC(NV) Address (disabled)

Onboard Serial Port 1 (disabled)

USB Device Setting:

USB Operation Mode (Full/Low Speed)

Power Management Setup:

ACPI Suspend Type (S3(STR))

Zotac_kexts.tiff

UPDATED 1st POST: revisited the chapter, starting a focus to Gaansan snow setup which I consider a good start/end point , inserted VINDA case

thanks to all!! I think this is a great team.

John

I have the similar issue with a 1st gen Zotac Board used with BIOS 2K090106

Firmware:

• The BIOS is switched to: AHCI, S1&S3, RGMII LAN, Serial active, Processor as illustrated here, Smartfan on
  • I use a selfmade DSDT from that BIOS created according to MiniHacks tutorial.

Software:

• Chameleon 2RC4
  • GPT Harddisk, EFI Partition for Chameleon
  • AHCIPortInjector, ALC662 (from Minihack-Thread), fakesmc 2.5 (from netkas), IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (from Chameleon 2RC4 - not sure if this does anything), OpenHaltRestart, all in E/E
  • S/L/E keeps a modified AppleHDA since an unmodified one keeps kernel panicking every other restart

System runs 10.6.2 x64 almost-vanilla (see above).

What does not work:

• After sleep the ethernet is gone, or rather: Ethernet is still there, although is marked as not-connected. ifconfig up/down does not do anything too. - How does one fix that. Big bummer.
  • Audio has distortion over SPDIF-optical. Sometimes more, sometimes less. As if the audio is not decoded fast enough or whatever. Very anoying. Tried VLC with AC3 sound, works. Did not try long enough to check for distortion. Does anyone have a clue on that one? Actually the ALC662.kext from Minihacks thread was the only one that I found to be working. All others did not work.
  • Speedstep seems to working according to VoodooMonitor
  • FakeSMC complains about BEMB on boot
  • iStat cannot use/find any sensor except the harddisk.
  • Although smbios.plist is given, model comes up as iMac8,1 with SOMESRLNMBR instead of MacPro3,1
  • System Profiler lists MCP79 Controller as unknown. (Does one of the AHCIPortInjector or IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector kexts have to anything with that or is it relevant anyhow?)

After all I'ld say, this is as close to the Mac Mini as it gets. If the Sleep and audio issues could be resolved I'ld be one happy camper.

Hi,

A couple of suggestions:

1. If you are using modified AppleHDA in S/L/E then you shouldn't also need to use ALC662. Actually, I prefer the modded AppleHDA itself as I found too the ALC662 in E/E often panics which is annoying.........I wonder if having both might be a reason for distortion? To be honest I have no idea as I haven't used SPDIF, but the mod.s for it in the AppleHDA are correct and shouldn't cause distortion in themselves.

Thanks for your reply minihack.

Sound got fixed by switching the Samplerate to digital and back in Audio MIDI Setup once.

Kexts did behave as follows:

• AppleHDA vanilla: No Audio, no crash
  • AppleHDA vanilla + ALC662 in EE: Audio, crash on every second restart at AppleHDA
  • AppleHDA modded in SLE: No audio, no crash
  • AppleHDA modded + ALC662 in EE: Audio, no crash

2. If the system profiler is reporting odd stuff then check the com.Apple.boot.plist that you have in your extra folder with the SMBIOS.plist for consistency to see that you don't have one designating an iMac and the other a MacPro.

Ok, will check that. Actually boot.plist does not keep any smbios-specific content anymore. Will chameleon react only on SMBIOS.plist or on smbios.plist too?

3. Latest fakesmc kexts should work to help iStat report stuff correctly - check you have latest versions of each (if need be delete iStat and do it again). It doesn't read the GPU temp.s, but should pickup the CPU core temp.s. At least it does in 32 bit mode, so perhaps try 32 bit [not really any advantage in x64 right now I think] and if it works in 32-bit then I guess iStat is is maybe not properly 64 bit compatible perhaps.

It was the latest fakesmc it could get, directly from netkas site, and it loads well into the kernel. Maybe iStat has an issue, although the extension obviously is x64. Would not be that uncommon given the fact that not *too* much real Macs are actually fully x64 capable :blush:

4. IOAHCI thing is just to make the Hard disk icons grey (otherwise they are orange).

5. Yep, ethernet always down after sleep. Still need a solution for that. Otherwise, don't use sleep or don't use ethernet (!).

Good to know - so I could actually leave out that extension if I would not mind to have yellow icons. (although I do mind)

And about the ethernet. Aw, bummer. Do you have any idea what could cause this? Did you try a different ethernet card?

A funny thing that got into my attention is: Youtube Videos do not run fluid, I need to move the mouse or the video is stop-motion (or stops). On my Macbook Pro (4,1 running i386 SL) that does not happen. I wonder if it just is Flash that is utter bullcrap or if there is a real issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the DSDT.aml file I found in Zotac_9300_ITX.zip file that I found on the first page of this

thread. Graphics are working fine with the exception that I'm getting a bit of overscan on my

Panasonic plasma. I tried creating custom resolutions with SwitchResX but so far have been unsuccesful.

The resolution that people have been using successfully with Panasonic plasmas is 1224x688 but

when I try it all I get is a blue screen. Anyone know what I need to do to get SwitchResX to work?

Might creating my own DSDT.aml file help?

I'm using the DSDT.aml file I found in Zotac_9300_ITX.zip file that I found on the first page of this

thread. Graphics are working fine with the exception that I'm getting a bit of overscan on my

Panasonic plasma. I tried creating custom resolutions with SwitchResX but so far have been unsuccesful.

The resolution that people have been using successfully with Panasonic plasmas is 1224x688 but

when I try it all I get is a blue screen. Anyone know what I need to do to get SwitchResX to work?

Might creating my own DSDT.aml file help?

Lately I've been unable to use 1080p without getting a blue screen I am able to recover from for some reason. This is happening with Snow leopard after one of the recent updates. Not sure what the deal is. I also can't switch hdmi sources, or wake up from sleep, without getting a blue screen. If my res is 1080i I can unplug the hdmi and plug it back in to fix the problem at that resolution, but it's annoying and not a great solution.

Per Fabio che mi ha scritto.

This is a message to Fabio.

It asked me to write about the phase 0.

It mean: what we have to do with a blank disk, a pc with vista or 7, and a dvd of mac osx.

then.. I have to spend a lot of time to talk about the creation of the world.. ehehe

Fabio:

a lot of people perform a setup of mac osx from dvd.. but it's not so easy.

1st.. if the hdd is blank it's easier.. because if the dvd loads correctly you go in the disk utility (before choosing what disk to use for the setup) and prepare and format a partition

2nd if you have 7 or vista is not so easy. (I repeat .. yes again)

that's because the typical setup of 7 use a hidden partition of 100mb.. that partition load the system and the license! in vista is similar but you cannot change the boot without having trouble at the next windows boot.

in that cases, it's better (for me) to start a fresh setup of vista/7 AFTER having partitioned the hdd.

I have ONLY experiences in MBR partition schema!!! IF YOU PREFER DO EXPERIENCES in GUID partition schema you have to see above for GAANSAN method/attachments.. he has provided also a system to deploy the GUID EFI partition to boot the osx properly in a zotac. I wrote in the 1st page the news about him.

then: I recommend to use the second partition for vista/seven.. because the bootloader remain in that partition.. so the order of setup is not a matter..

i.e.:

setup windows (it write a bootsector in the 2nd partition and the MBR)

setup mac and launch chamaleon 2 rc4 (it write the 1st partition and the MBR too)

--> the result is that the hdd load chamaleon.. and the menu.. and load vista/7 if you desire

if you invert the procedure, you have to setup EasyBCD in windows and add the boot for mac osx in MBR Mode.

Fabio.. I never wrote about the DVD setup because the dvd setup is not good as the setup from another mac!

If you have another mac.. or a friend.. you can take my instrunctions..

1: attach the destination HDD to a mac working fine.

2: browse it, clean it, partition it (mbr, 2 or 3 part)

3: launch the DVD/system/installation/packages/OSINstall.mpkg

I suppose you're using the last 10.6.1 10.6.2 snow hazard..

choose the standard.. the update 10.6.2 combo.. the chamaleon 2 rc3 + EFI 10.5

then before detaching it, put the ZOTAC gaansan attachment

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1363348

then fix the permissions (in terminal or disk utility.. in terminal is: diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/thenameyougavewhenyou'veformattedthefuturesnowpartition

then detach it and mount in the pc

that's it

Thanks Ugokind. I'm glad that you have introduced me in this Topic!

Ok i have understand something aprox. 60%....

Now i have another PC (Abit IP-35E) with kalaway 10.5.2 with combo update to 10.5.3 (It's OK - Stable)

I have installed it on a new HDD so i haven't problems with other WIN partition.

1° Question: Can i begin to make a new installation on another HDD on this system?

2° Question: How many partition do i make?

3° Question: What are "chamaleon 2 rc3 + EFI 10.5"? Where can i find and where i must put them? (i know you smile)

I have a DVD Snow Leopard Reatil ISO

Thanks for your help.....i know for you is so simple but i'm here from a week.

Fabio

thnx Ugokind & MiniHack,

this board works very well with your files, only needed to ad cpu info for speedstep

Funny to see that after sleep even the network lights are of. (had this problem before but then the network light where still on

attached used files

!!!Remove the speedstep info from the Dsdt.aml file before use (only works with e6750 cpu)!!!

again great work

T.

Zotac_9300GE_Thijmus_V1.zip

hello to everybody

I'm back again to do some 'clean' and tuning on my 1st zotac. I asked my friend to give me back that marvellous board.

so: he has mac osx and not snow and I prefer to leave it as is.

the only random panic is at boot.. due to older audio method. sometimes applehda modded gave an error.

then: voodoohda (tested many releases) when run it do only a lot of scratches.. and I like to inject one of the method above.

Thimus.. I see you use a legacyapplehda.. it doesn't have any executable so is chained at boot with the vanilla applehda present in the original s/l/e folder.

can I think to use it also for the leopard system?

that because is only a codec verb and pin assigment.. not a driver.

yesterday I tried with the alc662 posted above 2 pages ago.. but nothing.

I tried with alcinject+original applehda+alc662.

I tried the opposite method voodoohda+hdaenabler..

have you a better solution (that don't play a KP) ?

thanks to all

another: I tested recent dsdt.. (from 5 pages above to this) and in LEO there's no way to obtain the windows (stop/restart/shutdown) after pressing the power button.

But I see in verbose mode that voodoousbehci is not accepted.. so the sleep goes fine (all is bleck without fan running) but at the resume I have always the error of energy in the usb.. and the mouse is freeze.

Thimus.. I see you use a legacyapplehda.. it doesn't have any executable so is chained at boot with the vanilla applehda present in the original s/l/e folder.

can I think to use it also for the leopard system?

that because is only a codec verb and pin assigment.. not a driver.

yesterday I tried with the alc662 posted above 2 pages ago.. but nothing.

I tried with alcinject+original applehda+alc662.

I tried the opposite method voodoohda+hdaenabler..

hi there ugokind,

i think you be alright with the legacyapplehda.kext, just ad the hdaenabler.

T

Hi Ugo,

On my set-up with the first revision of the ZOTAC board like you are using I don't get the stop/restart/sleep menu either with power button press. The DSDT hack for the menu that I posted which works for other boards does not seem to work on the ZOTAC - unless someone else has found a modified way to get that to work. Also still get some CMOS reset errors in Snow (but not in Leopard) if I use sleep - so I don't do it!

I am running lots of different partitions on my ZOTAC right now, so I can test latest Leopard and Snow and Windows 7 and sometimes Linux too......

For audio I always found that a proper modified AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E works best. For that though you do need to have in your DSDT a section that points to the correct layout ID or use an appropriate HDAenabler kext. I used layout 12 in modding my AppleHDA. With my set-up I do not get any KPs.

The ALC662 kext in Extra/Extensions as an alternative does work okay, but you either need an HDAEnabler.kext or a layout ID of 662 in your modified DSDT. Although this method is cleaner (no need to mod S/L/E at all) for me it seemed less stable and I sometimes got KPs so I decided it is not a big deal to have to keep a copy of a modified kext for Snow and Leopard to use in S/L/E if it means the system is more stable.

Anyway, I have uploaded a zip again of my favourite AppleHDA.kext (Leopard) for S/L/E and a matching DSDT.aml which in combination for me are very stable. Try them if you want. My DSDT should be good for C2D CPUs, but probably not for Quad.

thanks for both.. I'll check them too.

minihack, you hit the nail in the head.. the strangeness is that i have a clone in a usb hdd.. of Snow for another machine (patched kernel for amd.. is very different from zotac!) but.. you don't believe me if i tell you that the menu appear after pressing the button. so I want to try to decode that dsdt to comprehend why!

but.. after all.. your applehda modded is exactly the condition I left months ago.. and for what I have one time on 5/6 boot a kernel panic. Are you sure that is stable?

ok so: alc662+hdaenabler+dsdt inject.. or

s/l/e untouched (so left original applehda?) and applehda modded in e/e + your dsdt + ??

thanks to you!!

Asks the master to help, to thank I on-line found two Dsdt.aml files, an indicator could demonstrate perfectly, (512MB), but did not have Sound, another indicator only could demonstrate that (256MB), could not train ReSoluiton, but had Sound, asked the master to help, whether the files to combine two dsdt.aml, thanks Attaches in files dsdt.zip to have two files, a and s, the little brother no talent hoped that the person with high aspirations can help me to want card part to join s the files sound in a files

dsdt.zip

hy. I write that I don't know why, but trying both solution I have no sound.

Anyway, I have uploaded a zip again of my favourite AppleHDA.kext (Leopard) for S/L/E and a matching DSDT.aml which in combination for me are very stable. Try them if you want. My DSDT should be good for C2D CPUs, but probably not for Quad.

Attached File Leopard_Audio_and_DSDT.zip ( 821.54K ) Number of downloads: 13

in your zip I have a dsdt (I put it in Extra) and a applehda (I put it in S/L/E after removing the vanilla applehda)

but no sound.

I'm confused.. since 1 week ago I had your combinations of files.. and an audio (with a random kp yes.. but audio!) and now I can't return to my old conf!!

uff

kinhey: i did it

but I catched the last 4 dsdt posted here.. so except for sintax on method pwrb.. they have the same section in audio! only kinhey has 2 different audio section.

another: none of the above has a OSI forcing darwin injection. so I wrote it in my first job.. and after you forgot that important thing. so hpet is not invoked without a real OSI darwin method with the same value as the entry "Windows 2006"

SO I COMPREHEND WHY with all yours dsdt I have a KP without a disabler or wothout a nullcpupowermanagement!

I left GIGE name insted MMAC.. and left as is the Processor section. maybe do you agree with me that is a must to inject also the P-STATE! but is different for everyone.. and the dsdt must be completed.

take it

bye