[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

as of this writing, YES everything will work except for the GE's ethernet after waking up from sleep.. if you don't let it sleep then you'll be fine. note: you need to set it to never sleep in system preference because auto sleep is working.

also this "Airport PCI-e----------30" will not work! the GE doesn't have a spare PCIe because the wifi included is connected via USB header.. your only option is to buy a USB wifi or choose other ITX by Zotac

I thought that the GE has a PCI-E 2.0 slot? :whistle:

post-579873-1267190674_thumb.png

got a hold of of macmini3,1 dsdt (thanks to mm67) and MB5,1 dsdt (c/o projectosx) and tried experimenting and copied the entire GIGE entry but it didn't work (LAN after wake) hahaha.. here it is (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4770324/macmini3%2C1zotac.zip) if anyone wants it - speedstep is working and other stuff but LAN isn't after wakeup

I've justa tried to use this DSDT file: compiled and put to Extra folder but there is no graphics with QE, speedstep and so on.

What should I do? Is there something else except compiling .aml file? Thanks.

as of this writing, YES everything will work except for the GE's ethernet after waking up from sleep.. if you don't let it sleep then you'll be fine. note: you need to set it to never sleep in system preference because auto sleep is working.

also this "Airport PCI-e----------30" will not work! the GE doesn't have a spare PCIe because the wifi included is connected via USB header.. your only option is to buy a USB wifi or choose other ITX by Zotac

I thought that the GE has a PCI-E 2.0 slot?

Info on the box

sorry about that, what i meant is mini PCIe which is available on other itx by zotac.. or unless im really out of the loop and you can fit an airport card on a PCI Express slot which is for Graphic Cards.. ;)

Can I just use the internal ethernet and pci-e airport card?

and

Will this work in 64bit?

you did read my post and the other post before me right? if so then it's already answered.

I thought that the GE has a PCI-E 2.0 slot?

sorry about that, what i meant is mini PCIe which is available on other itx by zotac.. or unless im really out of the loop and you can fit an airport card on a PCI Express slot which is for Graphic Cards.. :)

you did read my post and the other post before me right? if so then it's already answered.

I didn't see it was a mini PCI-e, will this card work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-WiFi-11n-PCI-...=item5637fd1208

As for the 64bit, I looked back through and do not see the answer sorry.

I'm new to macs and just want to make sure I understand everything (as much as a nb can)

Thanks for all your help. :)

I've justa tried to use this DSDT file: compiled and put to Extra folder but there is no graphics with QE, speedstep and so on.

What should I do? Is there something else except compiling .aml file? Thanks.

Anyone can share his/her Extra and S/L/E folder for SL 10.6 +? Please.

So i've read a few pages of the thread, but im going to be lazy and just ask. Whats the latest status of this board with Snow Leopard? Whats the bare minimum set of kexts to get working audio out, QE / CI support and HDMI out? :P

Anyone can share his/her Extra and S/L/E folder for SL 10.6 +? Please.

For the 9300GE rev a105-004 look at post #323

The audio part seems to be different for other users so you have to test this, Search files from MiniHack few post back

T

So i managed to get Snow Leopard installed (10.6.0) via chameleon RC4 on a USB stick with some choice kexts and a kextcache.

Though it got to desktop after install, I now cant boot the installed OS. I get /sbin/launchd failed errno 2.

Any wisdom?

So i managed to get Snow Leopard installed (10.6.0) via chameleon RC4 on a USB stick with some choice kexts and a kextcache.

Though it got to desktop after install, I now cant boot the installed OS. I get /sbin/launchd failed errno 2.

Any wisdom?

ciao munky

1st: I try to keep my 1st post updated.. but as You see is difficult to track all the news in snow.. I prefer to see when a certain good solution is posted.. and I link it in the 1st.

So :I never have underst. your too short post. sorry..

then I try to explain my comprehensions..

You have a 10.6.0 snow setup ready in a usb stick. me too. it's useful ..

but: the setup.. you've finished it? yes/no?

and then.. you reboot without a valid boot? yes/no ?

is all is true.. BEFORE the 1st boot.. you deployed the above last suggestion about kext/boot/dsdt? Yes/no?

in the 1st true snow boot.. you did as all the people do.. the boot -x to launch the 1st safe session?

I see that snow the 1st boot is always failed without a 1st -x boot. I don't know why.. but the second and forever is good normally

becuase is very strange error.. is a difficult repair error because in google that error below mac from G4 to .. today! and id caused by a hundred kind of mistakes.

so I'd like to know if you did all the steps.. before reboot.

yes.. I never did a setup like you. I prefer to deploy a osinstall.mpkg with the target disk.. and attach that disk in the final machine

Hey,

Actually things have moved on slightly. I can now boot to desktop from the hard disk (still just 10.6.0) but only if I use -x. If I dont use -x I get a kernel panic related to AppleHDA.

I dont have QE/CI yet either, looking into options for that. Any advice?

Its a revision 3 board btw - 3 onboard SATA ports + 1 eSATA.

Also, the BIOS keeps forgetting the settings.... very strange! But I see that a few people have reported that... :/

Thanks for the reply :)

Hey,

Actually things have moved on slightly. I can now boot to desktop from the hard disk (still just 10.6.0) but only if I use -x. If I dont use -x I get a kernel panic related to AppleHDA.

Also, the BIOS keeps forgetting the settings.... very strange! But I see that a few people have reported that... :/

i got a rev one board

a friend of mine helped me to fix mine

its working pretty well

only thing is that after sleep the network doesnt work anymore

the onboard graphics works

but maya was a bit funny so he put a gf9600gt in it

i can upload the files if he gives me permission

bios dementia is due to wrong files

if its properly hacked the bios wont reset

thx splintah.

i solved the AppleHDA thing with a patched version posted by MiniHack earlier in this thread. I also used his DSDT. If I set graphics memory to 512Mb, I get the desktop but weirdly i cant click on anything, and the keyboard doesnt do anything (eg F12 for dashboard or cmd-option-esc for force quit). If i set it to 256Mb i just get a blue screen.

Thinking that I really need to bite the bullet and get my own DSDT dumped and fixed up.

Hey,

Hey munky.

i am guessing you are using VoodooHDA, it is known that it sometimes can cause AppleHDA to kp. Just rename AppleHDA.kext so it cant get loaded and then repair permissions and reboot. That will still give you sound over VoodooHDA and will make sure AppleHDA dont panic.

If you are using Chameleon 2 RC4 or pc_efi 10.x then you can in the boot.plist just add this to get the graphics to work.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Y</string>

you might have to add the PCI Root also and this is diffrent from chameleon to pc_efi so will show both ways here:

Chameleon 2 RC4:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

pc_efi 10.x:

<key>Pci</key>

<string>1</string>

The reset of the bios there you need to use ether the LegacyRTC.kext (Works in 32bit only) or add the RTC fix to your DSDT and then you will be able to use 64bit also.

Hope that helps in the last settings... :)

If you are using Chameleon 2 RC4 or pc_efi 10.x then you can in the boot.plist just add this to get the graphics to work.

GraphicsEnabler

Y

you might have to add the PCI Root also and this is diffrent from chameleon to pc_efi so will show both ways here:

Chameleon 2 RC4:

PciRoot

pc_efi 10.x:

Pci

The reset of the bios there you need to use ether the LegacyRTC.kext (Works in 32bit only) or add the RTC fix to your DSDT and then you will be able to use 64bit also.

Hope that helps in the last settings... :)

Hey there - thanks for the reply. I'll try the GraphicsEnabler thing. Wow, im so out of touch with the scene - embarrassing for an old-timer like me :D

I already solved the audio issue, but thanks for the input.

Off to try GraphicsEnabler :)

Hey there - thanks for the reply. I'll try the GraphicsEnabler thing. Wow, im so out of touch with the scene - embarrassing for an old-timer like me :)

I already solved the audio issue, but thanks for the input.

Off to try GraphicsEnabler :)

Well i know the feeling... i try to stop hacking on osx86 myself lol.. i am still active on the irc's tho and a bit here.. :D but i can see it is going fast to drop out of touch.. :D But send me a pm i might have my old dsdt some place from my zotac 330 ion... but i cant remember and wont be able to see before i get home from work (Only only 3 hours and 30 mins still)

ok, so that GraphicsEnabler thing is amazing :) booted right up to correct-resolution desktop. however, my mouse and keyboard wont work :S v bizarre.

thought it might be the DSDT.aml i was using, so removed it, and now I cant boot (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement panic).

guess I need to use NullCPUPM or Disabler or something. or compile my own DSDT.

btw im not too bothered about this machine being totally clean or upgradeable or patched in the best way or whatever - its going to be an HTPC. it just needs to work :)

Well i had my ION running as HTPC also, but i have to agree i was not wanting to do all the conversion to QT format just to be able to use Hardware accleration on my HD stuff. So i did end up using win7 + xbmc + mpc hc to give DVXA on all my hd stuff... :) But other then that, and that you need patched kernel after 10.6.2 i loved osx on the ion.. :)

Ok much weirdness. Basically if I boot without the dsdt file (one from an all-in-one zip called 'Zotac 9300 ITX' in this thread), GraphicsEnabler doesnt work, no QE/CI etc. I also need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

If I boot with the dsdt, GraphicsEnabler seems to do the trick but my mouse and keyboard dont work. The system is running cos I see the Spotlight indexing indicator pulsing slowly etc. The resolution is correct, so I suspect GraphicsEnabler has done its thang. But USB seems to die in the process.

Much oddness.

Does anyone with a revision 3 board care to share their DSDT file? -_-

What ports do you have on yours... and i have to check what revision i have at home...

I do remember it is the Zotac ION D-E i have... That is the Atom 330, no external psu (normal ATX plug on motherboard), 3 sata ports + 1 esata and wifi. If that is the same you have munky i can take a look if i have the dsdt still...

Ok much weirdness. Basically if I boot without the dsdt file (one from an all-in-one zip called 'Zotac 9300 ITX' in this thread), GraphicsEnabler doesnt work, no QE/CI etc. I also need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

If I boot with the dsdt, GraphicsEnabler seems to do the trick but my mouse and keyboard dont work. The system is running cos I see the Spotlight indexing indicator pulsing slowly etc. The resolution is correct, so I suspect GraphicsEnabler has done its thang. But USB seems to die in the process.

Much oddness.

Does anyone with a revision 3 board care to share their DSDT file? :)

sorry for late

is true! because my dsdt also inject the HPET..

the link in the 1st post uses a dsdt good for snow and leo.. it has those fixes needed for not KP in rtc in snow.

also I was embarassed to know the magic in the boot parameters..

with recent boot manager you can link.. in the row at boot pronpt.. to different dsdt.aml simple by writing the path

dsdt=path/dsdt.aml

if you want you can have 2 or 3 different dsdt to test.

remember.. the dsdt in that topic is good to inject video.. even if you use the 1st release of mobo!

as wrote GAANASN the following releases are better, more stable.. and sleep is perfect also you can resume by clicking the mouse.. thing that you can't do in 1st!

but I have none of them and I can't create / reply the fixes-trick in a dsdt based on different dast tables.

so you can send me a ubuntu dsdt virgin.. or try the gaansan link

i think that mobo is very high-end level.. I like it so much

bye

ugokind - thanks for the offer. i will generate a DSDT today - im really out of touch with this stuff and dont have the time to devote to it that i would like to have. any help is greatly appreciated :)

mushishi - thanks for the files, much appreciated :)