[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

i use my DSDT fixed EIST(_CST evaluation failed), OSX 10.6.2 update is success.

if EIST in DSDT.aml is not fixed, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagent.kext is panic. use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Unsupported CPU: famliy = xxx, model = xxx, stepping = xxx"@/SourceCache/AppelIntelCPUPowerManagent/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-96/pmProcessor.c:210

if you use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with Sleepenabler.kext, Sleepenabler.kext is panic with new Darwin kernel 10.2.0. so, remove Sleepenabler.kext before update.

Hi Dreamwatcher,

I removed Sleepenabler.kext then the sound gone. Could you help me to have the sound back? For I can't build my own DSDT.

My system has a E8400 CPU, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM. Thanks.

alexylee

Hi Dreamwatcher,

I removed Sleepenabler.kext then the sound gone. Could you help me to have the sound back? For I can't build my own DSDT.

My system has a E8400 CPU, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM. Thanks.

alexylee

I had the same problem. I just used the DSDT Dreamwatcher posted a 2 pages back and that fixed it, before I was using Minihacks.

I really need to figure out how to make these DSDT, as I am running a Q9550 Quadcore CPU, system seems to run fine though with the DSDT setup for another CPU though.

I think several of us have the same problem. I have a small fan (40mm) directly over the heatsink for the GPU, as there is no airflow from the CPU cooler in my system (psile). Another issue could be if you are overloading the PSU, assuming you are using a PicoPSU - too many USB devices (or in my case, the Diseqc switch on a satellite dish) can do it.

@ntsmkfob

For the cooling, I made some holes on the sides of the Psile case. It works fine by cooling. (It maybe not so good looking.)

post-412027-1271156308_thumb.jpg post-412027-1271156321_thumb.jpg post-412027-1271156435_thumb.jpg

post-412027-1271156344_thumb.jpg post-412027-1271156351_thumb.jpg post-412027-1271156360_thumb.jpg

post-412027-1271156898_thumb.jpg

post-412027-1257934610_thumb.jpg

That's quite neat. I abandoned my plan to cut a hole in the side for a fan, as there was very little clearance and any obstruction close to a fan seems to generate noise. I'm tempted to get one of these in-car cases and hide the thing behind the TV, bolted to the wall.

Probably the RTC bug...

Patrick

@Patrick

I have tried the DSDT from Dreamwatcher and Minihack, but both cause CMOS error. What is your RTC looks like? If there a fix for RTC bug?

I have another problem by Video playing. When the machine played video about 1 and 1/2 hours the video to slow done and hang for a while, then play and hang, again and again. Is this with DSDT bug?

@Patrick

I have tried the DSDT from Dreamwatcher and Minihack, but both cause CMOS error. What is your RTC looks like? If there a fix for RTC bug?

I have another problem by Video playing. When the machine played video about 1 and 1/2 hours the video to slow done and hang for a while, then play and hang, again and again. Is this with DSDT bug?

I use the Zotac in my daughter's computer and I have yet to try Snow Leopard on it - There is a RTC DSDT fix out there but I don't know if it's specific to different motherboards or not.

There is also a RTC kext out there that purports to do the same thing - it's listed in a number of Snow Leopard install guides.

Try those and post back, I'm sorry I don't have direct experience with Snow Kitty and the Zotac board.

does anyone know if you can use all 3 outputs simultaneously? VGA+DVI+HDMI?

Although I have not used the HDMI, my guess is that it's the same output as the DVI...

Patrick

For those that are looking for a wifi adapter, I bought a wireless usb adapter from Linksys: WUSB100 version 2.0 (black) and it's working nicely with SL 10.6.2 64bits.

I'm using the drivers from RALink. It's installed for about 1 week without problems.

More details here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1291108

Benchmarks comparison:

iGPU OverClock = 650

Shader OverClock = 1500

1. MacBook Nano: Intel Atom N270 1.66 GHz, 2 GB DDR2-667 RAM, 160 GB HDD/5400, Intel GMA 950/64 MB RAM Shared Memory

2. MacBook: Intel C2D 2.0 GHz, 2 GB DDR2-667 RAM, 250 GB HDD, Intel GMA 950/64 MB RAM Shared Memory

3. Mac mini: Intel C2D 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM, 320 GB/5400, nVIDIA GeForce 9400M/256 MB RAM Shared Memory

4. iMac (1) 21.5": Intel C2D 3.06 GHz, 4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM, 500 GB HDD/7200, nVIDIA GeForce 9400M/256 MB RAM Shared Memory

5. iMac (2) 27": Intel C2D 3.06 GHz, 4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM, 1 TB HDD/7200, ATI Radeon HD 4670/256 MB DDR3 RAM

6. Mac mini Pro: Intel C2D E8400, 3.0 GHz, 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM, 500 GB HDD/7200, nVIDIA GeForce 9300/512 MB RAM Shared Memory :(

post-412027-1258835762_thumb.jpg

My problem wasn't USB external USB drives, but a PCIE Satellite card. The PC would just shut down when it had to change the DiseqC switch - no motor involved. This was with Windows 7, not OS X. Bought an external USB Satellite box with its own power supply to get round the problem.

admittedly my psu is pretty lacking for what i'm running

shuttle silentx 250w

12v@16a

5v@19a

3.3v@18a

there's a very good reason why i'm stuck with this psu though

system is otherwise stable at full load for hours on end so hopefully none of the hardware is dodgey

for those who might be interested in some system pics

dsc0715a.th.jpg dsc0716.th.jpg dsc0721q.th.jpg dsc0718c.th.jpg

dsc0725.th.jpg dsc0720.th.jpg dsc0717.th.jpg dsc0722.th.jpg dsc0724o.th.jpg

yeah when crunching the numbers my 250w psu should have exploded already

i however have never had any trouble running games or even full load on the cpu ;)

it'll blow up sooner or later, i'll worry about having to shoehorn another psu inside somehow later on

space is a bit of a problem in my case unfortunately :P

@Alexylee - another thing is that if you use sleep in Snow I notice from my machine that you also can get CMOS reset errors on the next startup - I cured that on my machine by changing the power setting in BIOS from S1+S3 to be just S3. So maybe try changing that setting and see what happens.

Thanks, I will try that.

Thanks, I will try that.

@Alexylee

unfortunately I still experienced CMOS reset and this with ElliottForceLegacyRTC kext did not prevent it so my advice was a poor one. :thumbsup_anim:

I was once more trying to restore the onboard nforce lan. It did not work so now I just decided shut this port down at BIOS level and remove the concerned kext.

I inserted again my pci-e gigabit card which mac-pro compatible, no kext needed and no problems with sleep or CMOS reset (so Far). I cross my fingers.

cheers :whistle:

hope you'll get a better solution

maybe the 'lesson' of gaansan is that it cannot be only 1 solution to solve a problem.

it depends on what you want to have on your board. so a last BIOS release is not always a must.

Often I think like an informatic.. then if the mother plant develops an update.. I must apply it. no. It is a good think generally, but the environment is not linux or windows.

think about the dsdt. if a newer bios changes a part of the system.. i.e. the audio or video or io usb ports..

and that mod also changes the NAME of a dsdt entry, or a method.. what would happen?

the cmos reset fix is a method based on irq removing method and a value lenght set from 0x04 to 0x02 in RTC..

@Alexylee - another thing is that if you use sleep in Snow I notice from my machine that you also can get CMOS reset errors on the next startup - I cured that on my machine by changing the power setting in BIOS from S1+S3 to be just S3. So maybe try changing that setting and see what happens.

@MiniHack

I have fixed the DSDT and I tried this for a couple of days and it seems ok now. Thanks.

@Alexylee

unfortunately I still experienced CMOS reset and this with ElliottForceLegacyRTC kext did not prevent it so my advice was a poor one. ;)

I was once more trying to restore the onboard nforce lan. It did not work so now I just decided shut this port down at BIOS level and remove the concerned kext.

I inserted again my pci-e gigabit card which mac-pro compatible, no kext needed and no problems with sleep or CMOS reset (so Far). I cross my fingers.

cheers :)

@gaansan

Do you use another graphic card? It's great! Because of the overclocking of the GeForce 9300, I added a extra fan to advoid the system hang.

is anyone having issues with mute?

i'm using legacyHDA for audio, but mute doesn't seem to work

i've tried using other dsdt's with injected audio, but they don't seem to work with dual screen (vga + dvi)

If it's helpful at all, I've been using minihack's AppleHDA with the attached HDAEnabler kext (pulled from here) and it's been working fine for me. (Haven't tried dual screen though) No extra DSDT patching necessary.

HDAEnabler.kext.zip