[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

some reason I am getting this

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1459 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 172 goto Exit

:( Audio to try.

Another breakthrough, a couple of files attached.

First is:

"AppleHDA Stereo". This has all line outs (front rear green), Line in (rear blue), SPDIF out and rear pink Microphone working.

You can only have two "ins" with this kext (i.e. one mic, one line in) so if you prefer to use front mic rather than rear then go into the kext, go to plugins, platform driver, pathmaps and where you see node 24 replace with 25.

Second is "AppleHDA 6ch". Not much call for 6channels on Mac, as iTunes just does stereo, but if you want to play then try this kext and set it up using the "Audio Midi" thing in Applications/Utilities.

Have fun and hope nothing breaks (if you want safety go for the simple stereo kext).

Again, these are Snow only and replace your AppleHDA kext in S/L/E. To work you should inject from DSDT - my file attached as reference - or with some HDAenabler kext.

If you are on Leopard and want to use, then reverse engineer. To get a clue on this, this post over on InfiniteMac tells how to convert a Leopard AppleHDA to a Snow Leopard one - by applying it backwards you can take the mod.s made in my Snow Leopard kext and apply them to a Leopard one.

CREDITS: tmongkol injector kexts for gigabyte board, gave the breakthrough with these mod.s so big thanks.

with either my dsdt or the new MiniHack dsdt I get this in

About

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x174B437B

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

Speaker:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone:

Line In:

Headphone:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Combo

but nothing shows up in Pref..

that is with the AppleHDA Stereo patched

Minihack, your a beast. Incredible job sir, not just with the posts, but also with the guide, it is so thorough. I had a question for you, and anyone else whose running SL on this little board regarding appropriate boot loaders. I currently have a working setup with The Brazilian Hackintosh Team loader that someone kindly posted, but I'm worried about it's stability and consistency as it has already had some random stalling problems. I've used your guide to create a nice dsdt.aml. I just didn't know what a good procedure was to follow after that so I grabbed that bootloader and put the dsdt file in the Extra folder it created, this worked, but I was wondering if there was a better way of going about this because a straight up RC3 install produces kp's for me, and similar result for other loaders. What do you think would be the best setup for long-term stability. Also, I have another drive which is currently running Windows 7, but the loader i'm using now isn't booting it at all. Any suggestions would be awesome, and once again thanks for the badass job.

Quick question - how did you load the new kext? First, it must of course be loaded to system/library/extensions (not extra/extensions) and you must remove the old extensions.mkext. Easiest way to

I had booted with -v -f

one thing I did not do is to look and see what I have in /extra/extensions

load it is to use Kextutility app. (google it).

One other possible problem might be if you tried something clever and instead of using the whole kext, perhaps you just tried using the plists in the original kext - that wouldn't work because there is a file inside the original kext (that I changed in mine) that also needs to be modified in a hex editor to recognise our audio.

yes I used your kext in /S/L/E and moved the org to a backup dir before copying yours

and I also read how to modify it

but I used yours as it was

I had posted my errors before this post , but it does not show up in the list for some reason

>>>Last question. You are using Snow Leopard, not Leopard right?

Yes S/L

If you did all this right, then the answer is not an obvious one, so please give me a bit more detail on your procedure and I'll try to help, but it sounds to me as if the DSDT is trying maybe to load the original AppleHDA kext with layout 12 (in other words, sounds like the modified one is not in the right place). The original AppleHDA has a codec of type ALC888 at layout 12, so would not give any sound out and might give kps but very likely would give the type of information you say is in system profiler.

no HDAEnabler , but I do not remember about /E/E , not home now to be able to look

I will look tonight

I removed VooDooHDA also

Hi,

No need to worry about the "sound assertion" errors - I get a lot of these, but it all still works!

Do you still have the Legacy kexts and/or HDAEnabler in Extra/Extensions? You must trash them if you do...

no HDAEnabler , but I do not remember about /E/E , not home now to be able to look

I will look tonight

I removed VooDooHDA also

Hi,

No need to worry about the "sound assertion" errors - I get a lot of these, but it all still works!

Do you still have the Legacy kexts and/or HDAEnabler in Extra/Extensions? You must trash them if you do...

well E/E was my problem , I had LegacyHDA* in there , now it works and even on toslink , goodbye to the usb toslink

I will look tonight

I removed VooDooHDA also

I will look tonight

I removed VooDooHDA also

One more thing (!). Having spent all that time working on audio, there is now an even better solution, IMO, as you can actually leave your Snow installation completely intact and just insert the relevant Tmongkol kext into extra/extensions along with making a small change to your DSDT (search on "Device (HDEF)", and in layout change 0x0c, 0x00....to 0x96, 0x02).

It's all explained here.

I like this better than adding coverage to the existing AppleHDA.kext as it means that when Apple replace that kext, you do not have to patch a new one as your modifications stay in the bootloader. You will know if it loads okay by checking your system profiler/audio as it'll have layout id of 662 instead of 12.

kext works in Snow and Leopard.

This now means you have potentially a 100% vanilla install with everything (except wifi) working.

. . you're joking [not enough exclamation-points in the World for this moment]

. . . what excellent news & it doesn't in any way detract from your superb work in getting the AC662 to work on these Zotacs.

Hi,

My zotac just arrive and i Use an usb stick with SL on to try. I copy all kext extensions from the zip found in the post 209 by MiniHack but I have KP.

Unable to find driver for this platform "ACPI" ..... .... IOPlatform Ezxport.cpp

What's wrong?

I used that usb stick with SL on to boot another system but I change kext in E/E (I have last Chamaleon).

Thanks Mik

I am still getting crashes on my Zotac board every few days, and I had a thought, perhaps the GPU is overheating, does anyone know how to read the 9300 GPU temperature on Mac OS X so I can see if it's getting enough air?

Did you try HardwareMonitor ?

http://www.bresink.de/osx/HardwareMonitor.html

I'm not sure if the GPU sensor can be monitored by this software, but it seems to be a good one.

I am still getting crashes on my Zotac board every few days, and I had a thought, perhaps the GPU is overheating, does anyone know how to read the 9300 GPU temperature on Mac OS X so I can see if it's getting enough air?

I think several of us have the same problem. I have a small fan (40mm) directly over the heatsink for the GPU, as there is no airflow from the CPU cooler in my system (psile). Another issue could be if you are overloading the PSU, assuming you are using a PicoPSU - too many USB devices (or in my case, the Diseqc switch on a satellite dish) can do it.

I have a fan on my GPU and it runs 48c , upto 69c doing vdpau , this is under Kubuntu jaunty

no problems with my HW so far , I dual boot Linux / SL on this box

these guys have the best setup , but sure are pricey

http://www.atechfabrication.com ( currently not responsing , but I let them know and they are checking on it)

It is a shame, but i do feel these boards have heat issues. I have had two warranty replacements and notice that in the latest board there is instruction telling you to make sure that your cables do not interfere with the GPU heatsink. It seems to run on quite small margins.......

I definitely think you either need a CPU cooler that helps to cool the GPU too (a big Shuriken?), a fan on the GPU heatsink or use a better replacement northbridge heatsink (I am going to try one out so I'll let you know if it fits and how it does!).

And no, unfortunately I have not found a hardware monitor yet that reads the temp of this GPU. It seems hot enough to fry an egg on sometimes!

Well.....one thing could be if you are using my Platformuuid kext which has the details of my hard disk on it!!! So maybe edit that one for your uuid would be a good start (I think I mentioned that in post 209!).

I didn't replace the PLatformUID with your I left my created before with the UID of my pen, there is a way to see the UID from Windows? To be sure i put the right one cause I can't access my SL installation cause i changed motherboard (I installe Zotac on my previous PCw with ASRock and SL installation) Did you change anything else in PlatformUID in addition to UID??

I have only one CPU and 2 motherboard, my last chance if you don't have other suggestions is to re-replace CPU on old motherboard, restard SL and recreate USB SL installation.....

ACPI error is only imputable to UID?

Thanks MIk

To be honest, it should all start fine even without that kext. Not sure what to advise........

I think I put some kext for my old MB in S/L/E maybe I replace some basic kext and I don't remember which ones. Could you put in some hosting place the whole S/L/E folder? The only way I have to modify my pen is with a Windows Computer I have and MACDrive, so if I colud have the basic /SL/E folder i could replace the usb pen one.

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english.

I have the Zotac's motherboard and i have a problem with drivers.

I installed Leopard 10.5.7 with the ideneb DVD 1.5.1 without any problems (just check chameleon and vodoopower).

With the AppleHDA.kext posted by minihack, the sound works, but network isn't recognized and the video is not full.

I tried to put Nvkush, Nvdarwin or MiniHack DSDT, but i have a freeze at the startup, i must rename NVDARAesman to start correctly. I'm a newbie and i don't understand why it doesn't work

My configuration:

ZOtac 9300

Pioneer BD-DVDRW sata

E6600

2 GB Ram

Hitachi Deskstar 250 GB sata

Can you help me, please ?

For ordinary Leopard I suggest no need for you to use the DSDT [more important for Snow Leopard] and simply put NVKush (using kexthelper or Kext Utility) into System/Library/Extensions. This will give you full video. You should not need to make changes to NVdaresman kext for it to work.

You can always use my guide later (after you have made things work) to work on getting your own DSDT functioning. If you do that, then you will be ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard in the future.

I do not use ethernet network, but some people have said they have problems, others say it works okay. Built-in wifi does not work so you need to find another solution.

I hope this helps.

Thx to reply ! For the network i used Nforce kext and it's work !

For the video i try nkush but it doesn't work, may be i do something wrong !

The audio doesn't work without your DSDT file, but i haven't search other solution for the moment

For nvkush, i used NVkush installer, it's different to use kext utility ?

Thx

Thx to reply ! For the network i used Nforce kext and it's work !

For the video i try nkush but it doesn't work, may be i do something wrong !

The audio doesn't work without your DSDT file, but i haven't search other solution for the moment

For nvkush, i used NVkush installer, it's different to use kext utility ?

Thx

I have to use Nforce.kext

I also removed the plugin from apple

Ralink has now Snow Leopard driver for some of their wireless usb products:

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

I think D-Link DWA-140 and DWA-160 use one of these chipsets (RT2870).

Did someone have a wireless USB based on a Ralink chipset (RT2870 /RT2770 /RT307X /RT2070 /RT3572) ?

May be it can be an alternative to the mini pci-e.

Hi !

I don't know why but i think my video's problem is due to the inedeb DVD. Yesterday i tried to install Snow Leopard with a dmg image. But i don't know which file is needed. Can you say me what are the good files to use ( Kext in Extra, in S/L/E) the smbios, etc...

I read all the posts, many guide but at each time, they use differents files, and I don't know if I can use them.

Thx a lot

Hi !

I'm happy, i managed to install Snow Leopard.

Everything works.

For the installation, i followed this guide :

http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/08/how-to-...-pc-hackintosh/

In summary :

- You must have leopard installed and what it works (just the minimum).

- Plug a sata hard drive with usb adaptater

- Format the hard drive with GUID PT

- type : chown 0:0 /Volumes/"SL Hard Drive"

- Install with an image of SL on the formatted hard drive (follow the guide)

- Install Chameleon Rc3 on the SL's Hard drive

- In the extra folder, put the extensions find in this discussion, DSTDT.aml, nvforce lan for SL and apple.boot.plist (I copied my leopard file )

- Install appleHda stereo kext (Minihack SL edition)in /S/L/E, overwrite the existing

- Shutdown the computer

- Plug the sata drive with SL installed

- When chameleon has started, select verbose to see what happen.

- Normally, SL must starting

It's a basic guide but it works for me.

After the first reboot on verbose mode, i seeing i had "waiting for dsmos" message.Sl is more slow to start.

If you have this message type :

sudo chown root:wheel /

SL start more quickly.

Voila ! I hope that will help newbies as me.

Special thanks to Minihack!

And thank you to people who write in this post and who help us.

Sorry for my english :)