Tested Applications, Games, etc.

Overdriven

268 posts in this topic

You need CI/Quartz to get the Apple DVD player to work. as for Aperture, i have it running very nicely on "dev box", and my macbook, but thats expected lol. there is no such thing as an x86 version of Aperture, only Universal Aperture. it runs on PPC machines and intel machines with no need for Rossetta emulation.

jordn

EDIT: to ensure maximum compatiblity, make sure your running the 8.8.1 kernel if you can! for SSE2 machines, this is the best your gunna get for a long time...

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

after i installed the exp6(sse2) kernel on my 10.4.6/7(JaS), updated to 10.4.8 with the original update from apple, replaced a few kexts,

installed ATIinject.kext (Titan/Natit didn't work for me), Combustion (version 4.0.4.5023) now works like it should, so far. :D

I just disabled the option "Use Software OpenGL" under Preferences->OpenGL, cuz otherwise the animations got framerates like 1/2 frame per second.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

combustion 4.0.4.5024 with 4.0.4_font_fix works very very nice on 10.4.8 (8.8.1)

qt 7.1.3 & iTunes 7.0.2 works like a charm

thanks to semthex for great s5 kernel sse2

thanks to paulicat for great "how to..."

thanks to sobersho for guide to sse2

thanks to ppl in this community...

pentium m 730 (sse2)

ram 1 gb

vga intel gma900

Edited by macKriz

• 2 weeks later...
Adobe Acrobat professional 6.0 will not work on 10.4.8 - Adobe Acrobat 8.0 will work though

Adobe Acrobat 7 is also running, but 8 is working fine too.

Age of Empires 3 is running cool on my notebook (1280x1024).

Tested old PPC games, so far Postal1 and Fallout2 are working (will add more after I find my old CDs/DvDs and have them tried...).

I have a Problem with Aperture, didn't run yet...have the 2,5GB dmg, then the 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 pre-cr***ed versions...I click on the app starts in the dock and ends...

I have Roxio Toast 8 working now. It used to bounce and die but one of VIAATA fixing or getting QE/CI to work fixed it for me. I think it's the QE, which seems odd, but it does depend on graphics. More oddly, Toast 6 had the same problem and now works fine too.

Backup, Transmission, Mail, Office 2004, XBench, RealBasic 2006, Dreamweaver 8 - All work well.

DVD Player works for me, but only now that I have QE working.

Speed Download for Intel doesn't work...keep crashing all the time :(

Photoshop CS 3 Beta works :dev:

Roxio Toast 8, Adobe Professional 8 doesn't work either :(

I get a msg that says "photoshop cs-3 cannot be installed with this version of the installer"

Edited by DigitalK

I've noticed quite afew people reporting that iWork is fully (or nearly) functional, but I have a few issues. I am brand new to mac (hackintosh) so some of the file systems and coding still elude me a bit. Does anyone know what requirements may be needed. iWork installed no problem, and appear to load np, but only open the file bar, no workspace, when I try to open a new window or change theme it shuts down the program.

I am running 10.4.6, and haven't uograded to sse3 yet (I am a dell dimension 8400, 3.0ghz HT P4) I have managed to get everything working minus soundcard and now iWork.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Been on Mac OS X 10.4.8 from JaS SSE2.SSE3.AMD.Intel DVD 24/7 for close to a month, everything works well except for some nasty PPC apps taking too long processing stuff (encoding 8GB with SimplyRAR PPC... forever) as well as video encoders that are still not universal or beta UB. Used the latest versions of FCP, shake, combustion, aperture, livetype, soundtrack pro, compressor, reason, toast, iwork, parallels, vmware, crossover, and a plethora of 3rd party apps, all working as it should. Played quake4, ankh, halo, rollercoaster tycoon3, black and white, MoO3, max payne, oni, popcap, big bang games, and tons others. UB games works perfectly except for some bugs with AA/AF not turning on in some, some graphics issues occur when using some settings like AF in crazy machines. QT7 and iTunes7 work well, QT7 codec support is horrible anyway. MPlayer OSX works very nice with Corevideo (BETA) as renderer and postprocess on; current official VLC build does not work, but the latest nightly build does, with a lot of tweaking and digging through error messages.

Just need to get 5.1 audio working.

• 2 weeks later...

Maya 8.5 works, Onboard Lan Marvell 88E1116 not works, but detected after forcedeth-nock.kext loaded (*finally I can run Maya 8.5, Thankyou! ), Using Realtek 8139 to contect to the internet.

Adobe Photoshop CS works

Adobe Illustrator CS works

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Bata works

Flash 8 & Dreamweaver 8 works

Corel Painter IX works

Parallels works

Apple iPhoto iWeb Pages '06 works

Microsoft Office X works

VLC always crashes

Clonetool works ( great to clone osx86 )

Toast 6 Titanium works under 10.4.6, notworks after Upgraded to 10.4.8 with "JaS 10.4.8 AMD"

Edited by kenfreeman5

Hi,

Working:

Camino Browser

Adium

iTunes 7

Quicktime 7

iLife 06

iWork 06

Aperture 1.5

Toast 8 Titanium(Last Version).

QuarkXpress 7.1

BBEdit

Textmate.

Komodo IDE.

Azureus.

Luxor2.

Office for Mac.

MacMSN.

Candybar.

Shapeshifter.

VLC(depends on the media played).

Chamonix

Yahoo! Widget Engine

Acrobat 8 Pro

Photoshop CS3

Final Cut Pro 5.1

DVD Player Working

Maya

Corel Painter

Not Working:

Diablo II & EXP(wicked video with Acc, no ingame video with Soft black screen).

Warcraft III & EXP (Hangs when Loading bar finish.

Mac Os X86 10.4.8

Pentium 4 HT 3000 (DFI Lan party pro 875).

Shappire Radeon X1600 xt.

(the volume control of AC'97 don't work ¿any solution?) the Firewire 400 of Audigy 2 run ok (no sound allowed).

Final Cut Pro 5.1 and DVD Studio Pro 4 run (I have an AGP card, I don't know if run with PCI express).

iTunes 7.1 run but have rare bugs (sometimes crack down and I have to restart the application (not the Os X)).

Apperture, iWork & iLife '06, Quick time 7.1.5, Xcode 2.4.1 and Toast 7 titanium run great.

The games seems to work great at 2048 x 1600 (UT 2004, Quake4, Warcraft III) but I only tested about 20 min per game.

Sorry, my english is very poor U_U.

• 1 month later...
I just installed Adobe CS3 and none of the apps load for me. It just close and said the program unexpectedly quit. Tried opening all of Adobe CS3 applications and same happened.

I get exactly the same errors. I am using the volume release of the CS3 applications, not sure if this would cause the problem. The only difference I believe is that the apps do not need activation.

I tried making the apps load using Rosetta but that didnt make any difference.

Any suggestions to fixing this would be appreciated.

my tested applications in JaS 10.4.8..

VLC - work

AdiumX - work

Net Monitor - work

Stuffit 11 - work

Roxio Toast 8 - work

FooBillard - work

LimeWire - work

Xfolders - work

PSI-IM - work

Firefox - work

Thunderbird - work

unrarx - work

PhotoMatrix - work

symantec antivirus 10 - not worked.. error in installing

I get exactly the same errors. I am using the volume release of the CS3 applications, not sure if this would cause the problem. The only difference I believe is that the apps do not need activation.

I tried making the apps load using Rosetta but that didnt make any difference.

Any suggestions to fixing this would be appreciated.

I have found a solution that works on my hackintosh (AMD with JAS 10.4.8)

Simply replace the AppleSMBIOS.kext with this one AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

The CS3 applications will no longer crash when registering :thumbsup_anim: