Tested Applications, Games, etc.

Overdriven

268 posts in this topic

Final Cut Studio, Colour, Motion 3, DvD Studio 4, live Type 2, Sound Track pro 2, With all contents Working fine also compressor. Adobe Premere 6.5 , Avid 5.7 xpress UB, Photoshop CS2, Titanium toast 8.

Kalyway Leo 10.5.1

E-mail: miraskm@rediff.com

• 2 weeks later...
Running Kalyway 10.5.2.

it's a pain in the ass to minimize windows and then trying to find the same one again.

is there anyway / software that we can create some kind of toolbar on side or bottom, which

works more like windows? so a person can minimize / maximize exactly the window that he requires?

these little tiny annoyances make mac only have 3% share..

When you minimise an application window on a Mac by clicking the orange button on the top left of the window, it shrinks down to an icon representing the app beside the trash can to the right of the dock.

Also open apps have a marker under them on the dock (leopard) or a black triangle (Tiger). Also you can use the Apple key with the TAB key to cycle through open apps. Pressing F9 shrinks all open windows to fit on the screen so you can view them all and select the one you want.

If you want something that works like Windows then use Windows, Mac isn't for everyone especially those who've used nothing else but Windows or couldn't be bothered learning something new . . . . that's the real reason Mac has 4% share.

ZEN

Every Intel-based application works fine :(

Like:

iWeb, PhotoShop CS3 extended, Office 2008, Linkinus, Skype, Team Speak 2, Transmission, Microsoft MSN Messenger, WarCraft III. The Frozen Throne, World of WarCraft, Diablo II. LoD, and much..much.. more

Every Intel-based application works fine ;)

Like:

iWeb, PhotoShop CS3 extended, Office 2008, Linkinus, Skype, Team Speak 2, Transmission, Microsoft MSN Messenger, WarCraft III. The Frozen Throne, World of WarCraft, Diablo II. LoD, and much..much.. more

Did you have to do anything to get CS3 to work ? All the apps crash on opening for me.

I applied the patch that's available but it didn't have any effect. It and Parallels are the only apps I've had problems with.

I think the Parallels kernel panics are due to the machine having 4GB ram - it's stable with 2GB installed.

ZEN

• 2 weeks later...
Did you have to do anything to get CS3 to work ? All the apps crash on opening for me.

I applied the patch that's available but it didn't have any effect. It and Parallels are the only apps I've had problems with.

I think the Parallels kernel panics are due to the machine having 4GB ram - it's stable with 2GB installed.

ZEN

My hackintosh specs are in my signature:

I tried:

Adobe CS3 (Illustrator, indesign, photoshop, Dreamweaver, fireworks): everything works fine

After effects CS3: works fine

Adobe Premiere Pro CS3: works fine

Mactheripper 3.0r14m: works fine

Roxio PopCorn 3: works fine

Roxio Toast Titanium 8: works fine

VisualHub: works fine

Office 2008: works fine

Games:

Call of Duty 2: works fine

Mafia: works fine

Doom 3: works fine

Ages of empires: works fine

Need for Speed underground: works fine

Conclusion: my hackintosh runs pretty much better than my Imac G5, of course with UB applications.

pabs :devil:

OS X 10.5.1 on system in signature:

Firefox - Good, no problems so far

Transmission - Good, no problems so far

Peer Guardian for OS X - no problems, seems to work fine

Adium - works

Xblaze for Adium - works

GarageBand - crashed rightaway on first startup, but has been fine ever since

Still looking into other apps for OS X. I have not used OS X since an early Tiger build.

All the programs built into OS X seem to work fine as well such as iTunes, Safari, etc.

anything universal works for me here .. limewire as well... azerus...

the one thing i'm trying to get to work on here is AW's maya 2008 ... i think it might be a qe/ci thing tho

edit>

amd turion64

1gig ddr2

80 gig

and a radeon ... it thinks it's an 1100 but reports a 200m

Using Kalyway 10.5.2

iWork'08 works (installed the latest trial version)

Other stuff that works

-----------------------------

Adobe Design Suite CS3 (Had to install the apps individually, Photoshop first then Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat etc..)

CrossOver (as well as can be expected)

EyeTV

Firefox

Little Snitch

Luxology Modo 302 (As fast as the Windows version)

Opera

Painter X (working well with my Wacom tablet)

StuffIt

TabletMagic

Toast 9 Titanium

VLCPlayer

Vmware Fusion

Problems

------------

Realplayer 11 beta (worked first time I used it but has completely stopped playing files now)

Photoshop CS3 runs fine - but cursor moves too irradically to be able to draw smooth/straight lines, do pixel-precise work etc. Once the cursor is outside of the document window though, it moves perfectly fine again.

Update (May 15th 08):

I tested Photoshop CS3 on a real Mac yesterday, and apparently this is just how it behaves... Too bad.

it's a pain in the ass to minimize windows and then trying to find the same one again.

is there anyway / software that we can create some kind of toolbar on side or bottom, which

works more like windows? so a person can minimize / maximize exactly the window that he requires?

these little tiny annoyances make mac only have 3% share..

Im not used to post here, but since you are screaming that leopard is more anoying than windows, i gotta post it:

Enter -> System Preferences/Exposé&Spaces/

on exposé configurations windows, set a corner of your screen to "All Windows".

Try it out opening several windows one on top of another and moving your mouse towards that corner.

YOU WILL BE AMAZED!

Then, if you recover the shock, try the other options, and you can also spend some time trying Spaces out.

Hope I helped!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After cleaning up my Extensions folder and removing unnecessary leftovers from previous attempts. I used Diabolik's 10.4.9 NVidia Natit installer, at first just a black screen, but after removing it, and trying it again, but choosing Natit .01, something really crazy happened. It Worked!

==================

davis

Wide Circles

I installed Cisco VPN Client 4.9 and I am getting an error when trying to run it:

extension /System/Library/Extensions/CiscoVPN.kext does not contain code for this architecture

Does anybody have a workaround this problem? It would be greatly appreciated. It would save me from having to install Windows.

Thanks,

[EDIT]

I got it working!!! I installed the latest version (4.9.01.0100) from MacUpdate.

Make sure to uninstall previous version before installing this one. To uninstall sudo ./opt/cisco-vpnclient/bin/vpn_uninstall

Good Luck,

my VLC always crashed until I enabled CI and quartz. VLC now runs perfectly

Maya 8.5 works, Onboard Lan Marvell 88E1116 not works, but detected after forcedeth-nock.kext loaded (*finally I can run Maya 8.5, Thankyou! ), Using Realtek 8139 to contect to the internet.

Adobe Photoshop CS works

Adobe Illustrator CS works

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Bata works

Flash 8 & Dreamweaver 8 works

Corel Painter IX works

Parallels works

Apple iPhoto iWeb Pages '06 works

Microsoft Office X works

VLC always crashes

Clonetool works ( great to clone osx86 )

Toast 6 Titanium works under 10.4.6, notworks after Upgraded to 10.4.8 with "JaS 10.4.8 AMD"