Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

A Question guys,

A little green demon tells me of a FCSP 5.1 but says something about it not being a universal binary, I've heard about some update or something any ideas before I start (demon says its 30GB).

Thanks!

7,5 sec on my machine FCS 5.1 UB (not updated to 5.1.1 at least not sure if the image is 5.1)

That is the guy at the desk...

57 sec picture of the street with the page roll

Is that ok or are filters not installed ??

That is Core 2 Duo e6600 at 3.0Ghz

ok i have a quick question how do you save it into like a .mov file dont you do file export and then like quicktime conversion? because when i do that the little estimated time thing just keeps going up to like 20+min for a movie thats about 3mins long. is that normal?

thanks

-Korki-

Is something wrong?

the test kit is 22.8 mb unpacked?

coz it took my FCP just 12 secs

Yeah, it's not very long, so 12 seconds is possible... My benchmark was not on a dual core... your results may be more typical

7,5 sec on my machine FCS 5.1 UB (not updated to 5.1.1 at least not sure if the image is 5.1)

That is the guy at the desk...

57 sec picture of the street with the page roll

Is that ok or are filters not installed ??

That is Core 2 Duo e6600 at 3.0Ghz

Wow, that's rather nice! The filters should all be there, just you have one kickin machine is what it sounds like!

ok i have a quick question how do you save it into like a .mov file dont you do file export and then like quicktime conversion? because when i do that the little estimated time thing just keeps going up to like 20+min for a movie thats about 3mins long. is that normal?

thanks

-Korki-

Hard to really nail this one on the head, but it all depends on your compression. If it is 1:1 it should be rather quick, when you may go from 1:5 or 1:10, the time increases logarithmically... More details and I could tell you more probley.

I've been trying to get the teddybear to load up but no luck at all....

Quicktime just hangs... FCP hangs as well. I can see the properties etc... but drag it into the timeline and its over...

Intel box here....

5.1.1 updated....

Missing codec ???

The other 2 load easily and play perfectly but are not HDV...

Hmmm... We are getting some new Panasonic HD cameras.. with the mem sticks.. Hope it will work...

A

I've been trying to get the teddybear to load up but no luck at all....

Quicktime just hangs... FCP hangs as well. I can see the properties etc... but drag it into the timeline and its over...

Intel box here....

5.1.1 updated....

Missing codec ???

The other 2 load easily and play perfectly but are not HDV...

Hmmm... We are getting some new Panasonic HD cameras.. with the mem sticks.. Hope it will work...

A

What MB are you using when it does this? HDV is extremely picky about what hardware you have. Pentium d or Pentium 4?

What MB are you using when it does this? HDV is extremely picky about what hardware you have. Pentium d or Pentium 4?

Its a Core2Duo E6600 on P5W DH (check my sig..)

I'm going to reinstall and see if 5.1 UB (without the 5.1.1 update) also does this..

Did you guys also update quicktime to the latest version ?

Being a former Vegas user I was hoping to get FCS running. I have a sneaking suspicion that vegas will never work with the panasonic variant on the HDV codec. That is mainly why. FCS was supposed to soon be able to deal with it.

A

Its a Core2Duo E6600 on P5W DH (check my sig..)

I'm going to reinstall and see if 5.1 UB (without the 5.1.1 update) also does this..

Did you guys also update quicktime to the latest version ?

Being a former Vegas user I was hoping to get FCS running. I have a sneaking suspicion that vegas will never work with the panasonic variant on the HDV codec. That is mainly why. FCS was supposed to soon be able to deal with it.

A

You have two computers in your sig, and I didn't know p5w dh was a MB. I have just tested the video on my laptop which has a pentium M in it. The video is white and I get only audio playback. It works great on my other system though. I have another system I could test on as well, but I need to get QE to work on that one first. It has the same chipset as you do; 975. I am finding out that the compression of the HDV codec has something VERY specific to be able to read correctly. I know that intel is one of the pieces in that puzzle. The other qualities, I'm not sure exactly. I have read up on what I can and have not had a valid conclusion.

For anyone who reads this post I would like you to test as well. Download the HDV bear clip and see if you can read the file. Post your system specs so we can see if there are any patterns. I have limited resources in hardware here, but would very much like to find out the qualities for compatibility. I am learning bits and pieces, but hopefully that will help some.

I wish I had more info for you, but we will test and see what we can do-

W

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my brother got the standard 2,66ghz one, i will test it tomorrow

11 seconds on my intel pentium D 930 (3975mhz dual core), 3gb ram

Sweet.... we don't have any of the new Conroe or meroms on here yet either.... but I might.... soon

• 2 weeks later...

whats a good PCIe card to get that is functional with FC .. i ran into the problem of having an nvidia which works great and benchmarks awesome with macvidia 1.08 but does not install nor will work (from what im reading) with FCE 3.5 UB.

so in short: Whats a good PCIe card and any news with nvidia yet ?

thanks

whats a good PCIe card to get that is functional with FC .. i ran into the problem of having an nvidia which works great and benchmarks awesome with macvidia 1.08 but does not install nor will work (from what im reading) with FCE 3.5 UB.

so in short: Whats a good PCIe card and any news with nvidia yet ?

thanks

Obviously you need QE anc CI to run the program, so one would suggest the x1600 pro or 1800. They work great, but do a search or the exact models on the Wiki :2cents:

I've having trouble starting up Final Cut Pro 5.1. It always dies with "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'aecore::CException'"

If I remove the AECore framework it starts, but that doesn't seem right.

Thanks,

/blkblt

Obviously you need QE anc CI to run the program, so one would suggest the x1600 pro or 1800. They work great, but do a search or the exact models on the Wiki :D

ok derrr im stupid ... the extra card i have is a nvidia 6600, BUT the onboard is a GMA900 ... i looked on the wiki and it said that it is supported, wayland would you recommend this? im not looking for huge speed more usuability.

2.4ghz

160gb sata

shuttle SB83G5 915G w/onboard gma900

nvidia 6600 pcie

I've having trouble starting up Final Cut Pro 5.1. It always dies with "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'aecore::CException'"

If I remove the AECore framework it starts, but that doesn't seem right.

Thanks,

/blkblt

Try a fresh install, or possibly another image. Also was version of OSX you using? That could be a factor. Your motherboard sounds compatible and you have QE enabled, so something is weird with you config. Also Jas or Myzar build?

update : I got everything to run now ... the GMA900 is working great even benchmarked higher than my nvidia 6600. Thanks a ton for the help wayland i cant wait to get editing. :blink::blink:

im also attaching my benchmark just incase anyone is interested.

The 6600 is really kind of a dead weight at the moment. None of it's potential has been unlocked. I'm actually getting a Mac Pro soon, just so I can have 100% uptime. Glad to hear you got your system up though, welcome to the club!

Wayland so you are moving out of the grey area!

Yeah, finally... but I will have my systems still to play on and experiment, but when i have more time. I just need something that works, first time, every time :D My productions are getting longer and more frequent so system downtime can not be an option :blink:

But I'm still here and helping where I can!

I uninstalled compressor.app and the framework and now it works!

I honestly don't know if the compressor ap is universal or not. I would think it would have to be... but it just still feels like rosetta still.

@ Wayland

Compressor IS universal, my fcp works woonderfull, the only problem is the dvdstudio pro wich closes when i send a m2v mpg or any non mov file. So i have to let Studio pro do the mpg conversion wich isnt allways good.

Do u have the same problem?

i dont hink Wayland the probelm is in the hardware... its our FCPs wich arent Saint ones wich could be generating weird problems.

BTW my becnhmark with the HD test and my new system is 9seconds.

@Bikbit

be carefull from where you install the compressor, probably u are installing an older version without nowing, or at least an older component.

@ Wayland

Compressor IS universal, my fcp works woonderfull, the only problem is the dvdstudio pro wich closes when i send a m2v mpg or any non mov file. So i have to let Studio pro do the mpg conversion wich isnt allways good.

Do u have the same problem?

i dont hink Wayland the probelm is in the hardware... its our FCPs wich arent Saint ones wich could be generating weird problems.

BTW my becnhmark with the HD test and my new system is 9seconds.

@Bikbit

be carefull from where you install the compressor, probably u are installing an older version without nowing, or at least an older component.

I have never tried something of that nature... can you post a file ready to go with instructions so several people can test it as well? Perhaps only a few seconds, but this way we can experiment with it.

I have a feeling it is hardware related, but I would like to try other hardware configs before we can determine what might be the problem.