Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

hey from what i can see im not rendering HD but just incase im going to the wrong window were do i find that out. and i dont know what build im running if you mean like 5.0 or 5.1 its 5.1

right now im exporting a 4 min movie clip to a .mov file and it says its gonna take 2 hours but i have a feeling its gonna take longer. so its no just that rendering takes so long its also exporting.

thanks

-korki-

Go to the about section in FCP... my guess is you are not running the universal build...?

Rendering and exporting sometimes is the same, anyway a 4 min click shouldnt take more than a few minutes, so you are having weird prob l;mes, i recommend a full reinstall of osx and fcp

Hey guyz, this is for the ppl who knows about FCP, i have this problem, i cant monitor with my firewire device, i used to but not anymore, i don t rember changing anything, but i have double chekked audio video settings so they are boths going thru Firewire DV, anyway i can capture and log, and can print to video, but i cant monitor, any ideas? anyone knows how to resset FCP configuration file?

Thanks in advance

Aberracus

Yes, go with the Saphire. It may sound weird, but it has a function that bypasses a simple bios function that other cards don't. In other words it's one of the most compatible on the list, well at least in my opinion. Haven't tried the new hack on it yet though... We'll see about that later :)

Check and see what resolution you are working on. If you are rendering HD, perhaps that would be the reason ;) Other than that, what build install are you using?

Wayland,

Just come back from computer shop and get hold the sapphire X1600pro (256m), Before I start patch it with Callisto latest patch I just want to made sure My device Id is 0x71c2, cause I've no idea how to ensure that, so I just assume the one from system is the right one. Correct me if it was not....also please check the attachement :D

Lastly, are u also using the sapphire X1600pro, if yes mind to share the trick... especially how to get CI and QE work....

Cheers/Blackfire920

Feel free to post your scores, or problems/questions.

@wayland

just thought i'd post my time for rendering your test file on my system. I came in at 2 min 41 sec for the render (160 seconds). I do believe I can get faster because my hard drive is currently a 20gig 4200rpm ide drive out of like an 8 year old computer, so my system is definately not performing to its full potential. I'll repost some new results when I get around to installing a new sata II 7200 rpm drive (maybe even a striped raid :) ) and possibly another gig or 2 of ram.

Hello,

The file i use to install is an upgrader of Final Cut Studio 5.1, but can successfully install Final Cut Pro, Compresser, Live Type and Cinema Tools.

I can use Rossetta to launch Final Cut Studio but it stop loading at 'Loading Audio Filters..

Apple:AUNetSend'

Have anybody any solution for it...i am new here.

cheers,

steven

Since i have nvidia grafics (7900 GTX) i suppose i can not run FCP 5.1 because it does not support QE. Is that so in all versions of Final Cut. Any experience with older versions.... and by the way... if someone ANYONE has FCP running on nvidia please let me know how.

Wayland,

Just come back from computer shop and get hold the sapphire X1600pro (256m), Before I start patch it with Callisto latest patch I just want to made sure My device Id is 0x71c2, cause I've no idea how to ensure that, so I just assume the one from system is the right one. Correct me if it was not....also please check the attachement :D

Lastly, are u also using the sapphire X1600pro, if yes mind to share the trick... especially how to get CI and QE work....

Cheers/Blackfire920

Ok, I'm back from the weekend.... That is your Dev ID, and your vendor id is 1002. Now you need to replace those numbers in both the Atix1000 kext. If you need a step by step, let me know and I will guide you through it. The cool thing is that I think we have the same card! So I might just send you my kexts, but it's self-beneficial and you feel good when you are done! Also you need to modify the bot.plist to a custom display setting. Don't ask me why, but it just works that way. Congrats on the card man!!!!

alright so i just reinstalled OSX and Final Cut and now it works perfectly!!!

thanks

-Korki-

Sweeet, there was probley some sort of Goblin.... and now he is dead. :)

@wayland

just thought i'd post my time for rendering your test file on my system. I came in at 2 min 41 sec for the render (160 seconds). I do believe I can get faster because my hard drive is currently a 20gig 4200rpm ide drive out of like an 8 year old computer, so my system is definately not performing to its full potential. I'll repost some new results when I get around to installing a new sata II 7200 rpm drive (maybe even a striped raid :) ) and possibly another gig or 2 of ram.

Don't bother with the raid, they aren't working to their full potential on OSX86. Trust me, I have been a big tester on that!

Hello,

The file i use to install is an upgrader of Final Cut Studio 5.1, but can successfully install Final Cut Pro, Compresser, Live Type and Cinema Tools.

I can use Rossetta to launch Final Cut Studio but it stop loading at 'Loading Audio Filters..

Apple:AUNetSend'

Have anybody any solution for it...i am new here.

cheers,

steven

Sounds like you may have a corrupt installer or OSX. I recomend Myzar for your install. Also install FCP 5.0 first, make sure it works, then proceed to the upgrade. Also, perhaps the pacifist installer will work...We'll help where we can though :)

Since i have nvidia grafics (7900 GTX) i suppose i can not run FCP 5.1 because it does not support QE. Is that so in all versions of Final Cut. Any experience with older versions.... and by the way... if someone ANYONE has FCP running on nvidia please let me know how.

No that is not, apparently the FCP 5.0 Version will function if you remove the QE check in the base of the plist. I have the same scenario with one of my machines. UNtil macvidia comes out, I'ma floating :)

*************Phew. Done with my weekend and the semester! Long live freedom!

Ok, I'm back from the weekend.... That is your Dev ID, and your vendor id is 1002. Now you need to replace those numbers in both the Atix1000 kext. If you need a step by step, let me know and I will guide you through it. The cool thing is that I think we have the same card! So I might just send you my kexts, but it's self-beneficial and you feel good when you are done! Also you need to modify the bot.plist to a custom display setting. Don't ask me why, but it just works that way. Congrats on the card man!!!!

Sweeet, there was probley some sort of Goblin.... and now he is dead. :)

Don't bother with the raid, they aren't working to their full potential on OSX86. Trust me, I have been a big tester on that!

Sounds like you may have a corrupt installer or OSX. I recomend Myzar for your install. Also install FCP 5.0 first, make sure it works, then proceed to the upgrade. Also, perhaps the pacifist installer will work...We'll help where we can though :P

No that is not, apparently the FCP 5.0 Version will function if you remove the QE check in the base of the plist. I have the same scenario with one of my machines. UNtil macvidia comes out, I'ma floating :)

*************Phew. Done with my weekend and the semester! Long live freedom!

Wayland,

Please, a step by step guide will save my day, as I post before I start this from last saturday till now, no luck what so ever, from 10.4.6, roll back to myzar 10.4.5, still in the dark, yes please send out the cavalier...

Cheers/Blackfire920 :D

Wayland,

Please, a step by step guide will save my day, as I post before I start this from last saturday till now, no luck what so ever, from 10.4.6, roll back to myzar 10.4.5, still in the dark, yes please send out the cavalier...

Cheers/Blackfire920 :blink:

Will do what I can.. may take a few days, but I'm on it. Maybe tomarrow I will test it out... :P

Right now I've been doing preps for a premiere...

Will do what I can.. may take a few days, but I'm on it. Maybe tomarrow I will test it out... :)

Right now I've been doing preps for a premiere...

Wayland,

Tks in advance...I fix that finally, got QE & CI working. No need to send me the guide, again tks for the help from u and other guys :D

Cheers/Blackfire920

Wayland,

Tks in advance...I fix that finally, got QE & CI working. No need to send me the guide, again tks for the help from u and other guys :D

Cheers/Blackfire920

What about dual Mon? That's the next best thing! I've heard some interesting things :) I wanna play...

Im using boris hack but no luck with dual monitor

i still seek that solution we are near it, i can feel it :D

Well in the meanwhile I bought a add2 card and have been playing away on my lovely dual monitors :) I have my x1600 pro waiting by when they figure it out. I have a tendency to play on that thing for hours trying to get certain drivers and kexts to load properly. Who knows how much time I spent on the ALC 882 chipset!

As for the good ol' 1600 I know it is capable of it obviously, but it just needs to be unlocked. I'm surprised that no one has done it yet.

Also, for all you production guys out there:

Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs is currently expected to be available near the end of May, 2006

Sweeeet!

Just a cool little FYI! :tomato:

has anyone tried the new update 5.1.1? if so, whats new

Yes I have... My render times were slower... that's about all I saw that was new. Here is what was posted:

New in Final Cut Pro 5.1.1 Update

Optimizes application compatibility on specific hardware and fixes critical bugs

So... It probley addressed a few minor bugs and glitches that were discovered AFTER that release of 5.1 . There was a few minor problems here and there that I noticed with the p2 cards, but I don't know if that had been fixed yet or it was because I was on osx86 :P

okay i got a problem i finally got the render times two normal ones and now i installed the rest of the studio and now tthe render times are really long again. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what could be wrong???

thanks

-Korki-

DearALL,

Just place the order of Universal upgrade today, looking forward to compare with my 2G MBP, G5 Dual 2.7 and of course the 4G White Box,, by the way; Wayland u got P2 right? how was it. Last week I got my hand on DR-HD100(Firestore, which work happly with the JVC100), any chance it will also work on the Pana HVX200 via Firewire. I mean DvcProHD...

Lastly for those who have sapphire x1600Pro/XT, who got dual mon working(2 DVI or DVI & VGA), mind to share the trick...

Cheers/Blackfire920 :)

okay i got a problem i finally got the render times two normal ones and now i installed the rest of the studio and now tthe render times are really long again. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what could be wrong???

thanks

-Korki-

The Studio you installed.... was it universal as well? If not you might have just copied over the Universal version of FCP.... Only install the universal version of items when you have FCP 5.1...

DearALL,

Just place the order of Universal upgrade today, looking forward to compare with my 2G MBP, G5 Dual 2.7 and of course the 4G White Box,, by the way; Wayland u got P2 right? how was it. Last week I got my hand on DR-HD100(Firestore, which work happly with the JVC100), any chance it will also work on the Pana HVX200 via Firewire. I mean DvcProHD...

Lastly for those who have sapphire x1600Pro/XT, who got dual mon working(2 DVI or DVI & VGA), mind to share the trick...

Cheers/Blackfire920 :D

Sounds sweet. I have been experimenting with the P2 cards, but the problem is that the p2 kext will not load. I'm not sure if that is due to it not being universal, or because the PCMCIA interface is not compatible in a non-mac bus. I was able to get other PCMCIA cards to work, but the p2 kext seemed to be incompatible. It said something about the PCMCIA not being "super" if that means anything. I transfered the information onto the hard drive when I was on the windows XP side, but the video CANNOT be imported from the hard drive. It says that the information is invalid or corrupt, or something like that.

So I am continuing to test whether it was simply an incompatible HD video format, or that it was truely an interface problem. I am continuing to test it. When I have viable results I'll post them. Right now I don't have a p2 card to work with since I am continually having to borrow one from my school :)

well everything is universal except motion now i dont know if its universal or not is there a way for me to find out???

thanks

-Korki-

Check for the .1 nomeclature, I think 2.1 or such....

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of weird but lately, my FCP5.1 has been running choppy lately. Something that has to do with the CPU Process? I'm not quite sure but its getting quite annoying. Any advices?

CPU: Intel™ Pentium 4 2.8ghz Prescott

Case: Enermax Workstation Case

Power Supply: Allied Model AL-A400ATX (MAX 400W)

Motherboard: MSI™ PT880 Neo

RAM: Corsair 1GB DDR PC3200 400mhz Single Channel

Video: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb

Hard Drive: System/Applications - Maxtor ATA133 120gb

Video Storage - Maxtor SATA150 250gb