Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

Ok wayland thanks for the help

but maybe im doing something wrong

First it cant be a hardware problem im having the same problem in 3 compters all diferents, all with 10.4.7

have u seen this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry202120

ok, explain me please how do you insert material into your DVD studio projects...

If i import any mov file or dv file it works perfectly but its transcoded with the dvd studio pro embebed trasncoder and quality isnt really good.

if i import m2v files trasncoded previously with compressor dvdstudio quits.

Im having a similar problem with FCP capturing HD material from a HDV camera, it recognizes the camera and start capturing but just half a second later fcp closes and the camera continues rolling.

How is your xperience in HD capturing?

Anyone have tried HD capturing?

THANKS!

The only HD capturing I have attempted are direct transcodes off of p2 cards. I haven't attempted to cram all that info through a firewire card yet. My guess is that it will bottleneck, just because even SD had problems capturing. :/

I have my Mac Pro now... so all is going well here. I have a seemless computer now and really enjoy it.

ALso Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 is out now. I will test away on my new system.

PS... Will send pics soon. It's an Awesome setup!

XENEPP yopu have a built in ehernet card wich is working_

give that a try

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean :compress:

My NIC is working ok, does FCP check this?

I can't understand why it's not working to be honest. Those with the EXACT same system setup have had no problems and I even ran it with no probs last time I fresh installed.

;)

-Joel

I'm not positive about the FCP HDV import problem but I've figured out a fix for the asset import into DVDSP.

if you're running 10.4.7 or 10.4.8, open pacifist and us it to install AppleVA.framework from 10.4.6. (from a DVD or an update, even if you get it from apple's official update, it works) it's in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

Install that and repair permissions, and DVDSP works fine again, might fix the HDV import thing as well, as they're both MPEG related.

other than that, if you have SSE2 machines you might check the thread about excluded frameworks in the 10.4.8 SSE2 update (Jas) as some of those get messed up even on SSE3 machines.

other frameworks to revert

appkit.framework

webkit.framework (shouldn't be your problem, but it destabelized my whole machine)

If i import any mov file or dv file it works perfectly but its transcoded with the dvd studio pro embebed trasncoder and quality isnt really good.

The ebmedded MPEG encoder in DVDSP actually the same underlying encoder that compressor sumbits to, so quality shouldn't be a problem. Control is, you can change the settings in the preferences. Obviously it's more difficult but you can still set a bitrate and choose VBR or CBR, 1-pass and 2-pass. With all that you can get the same quality as compressor, it's probably set to fit 2 hours on a DVD 1-pass maybe even CBR by default.

:D Ok here's what I'm struggling with...

I cannot install 5.1.1 on the Hackintosh (application is greyed out, so I expect FCP to detect an incompatible system)

- CI & QE are enabled (ATI 9800 pro AGP) without any drivers installed (1024x768 is fine for me)

- AGP cannot work without loosing CI/QE because of the Intel Chipset (865PE)

So I read in this post that somewhere in some Info.plist AGP should be changed into PCI...

I opened FCP package with pacifist and searched for Info.plist (There are like 50 of them...). Which one to edit? I did find some lines about QE requirements, but nothing about AGP. Could it be some other incompatibility / requirement that is not matched?

I'm doing a from scratch FCP install (so no upgrade / previous version installed)

(i865PE, ATI 9800 pro, 512Mb, P4 3.0Ghz with HT, Asrock MB, 2xHD: Samsung 160Gb & Seagate 80Gb, firewire card installed)

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

:) Ok here's what I'm struggling with...

I cannot install 5.1.1 on the Hackintosh (application is greyed out, so I expect FCP to detect an incompatible system)

- CI & QE are enabled (ATI 9800 pro AGP) without any drivers installed (1024x768 is fine for me)

- AGP cannot work without loosing CI/QE because of the Intel Chipset (865PE)

So I read in this post that somewhere in some Info.plist AGP should be changed into PCI...

I opened FCP package with pacifist and searched for Info.plist (There are like 50 of them...). Which one to edit? I did find some lines about QE requirements, but nothing about AGP. Could it be some other incompatibility / requirement that is not matched?

I'm doing a from scratch FCP install (so no upgrade / previous version installed)

(i865PE, ATI 9800 pro, 512Mb, P4 3.0Ghz with HT, Asrock MB, 2xHD: Samsung 160Gb & Seagate 80Gb, firewire card installed)

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

OSX version???

It's OSX 10.4.6 (JaS) could it have something to do with the version?

Cheers

Are you using the 5.1.1 upgrade or the full version. You may want to try installing 5.0 and then update it to 5.1. Another option is to remove the serial number information from the file that contains it. It's somewhere in a system directory. I can never remember where that is.

10.4.6 should work ok, don't think it's that. Possibly the install type.

A little late but better late than never.

The test took 75 seconds on a Mac Pro 2,66 GHZ (with only one cpu - my brother sold the second one cause he doesnt need tha powa) with 1GB Ram, 7300 GT, 4xRaid0 drives.

I wanted to let it compete with my hackintosh (975xbx/conroe 3,3 ghz). I have the 8.8.1 vitalyi kernel running but cant start final cut pro. It starts up and shows me the included screen. Then i click continue, right after that the application quits. I already tried to reinstall it and deinstalled it with appzapper but it isnt working, always the same. The same install is working on my brothers mac pro so i know for sure that it should work.

Does Anybody know how to solve it?

Greetings

here is the log

Last login: Sun Oct 29 12:53:10 on console

/Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro; exit

Welcome to Darwin!

icy:~ icy$ /Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro; exit

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'aecore::CException'

Abort trap

logout

[Process completed]

post-27119-1162023471_thumb.png

post-27119-1162129974_thumb.png

A little late but better late than never.

The test took 75 seconds on a Mac Pro 2,66 GHZ (with only one cpu - my brother sold the second one cause he doesnt need tha powa) with 1GB Ram, 7300 GT, 4xRaid0 drives.

I wanted to let it compete with my hackintosh (975xbx/conroe 3,3 ghz). I have the 8.8.1 vitalyi kernel running but cant start final cut pro. It starts up and shows me the included screen. Then i click continue, right after that the application quits. I already tried to reinstall it and deinstalled it with appzapper but it isnt working, always the same. The same install is working on my brothers mac pro so i know for sure that it should work.

Does Anybody know how to solve it?

Greetings

here is the log

Last login: Sun Oct 29 12:53:10 on console

/Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro; exit

Welcome to Darwin!

icy:~ icy$ /Applications/Final\ Cut\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final\ Cut\ Pro; exit

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'aecore::CException'

Abort trap

logout

[Process completed]

I had to delete the Qmaster Framework, it is working again :-)

So for everyone who is having problems with aecore::CException --> delete the Qmaster Framework, it worked for me

I had to delete the Qmaster Framework, it is working again :-)

So for everyone who is having problems with aecore::CException --> delete the Qmaster Framework, it worked for me

That's a nice solution, but with that method you can't render anything using compressor, IMHO that is the most important step in the editing workflow, so i went back to Windows and Premiere Pro, they can render...

anyone with a better solution ?

• 3 weeks later...

That's a nice solution, but with that method you can't render anything using compressor, IMHO that is the most important step in the editing workflow, so i went back to Windows and Premiere Pro, they can render...

DearAll,

From my POV, if u want a full function FCP studio :

1) If possible, full install from the orginal disc set (Universal one) plus all its update especially the ProAppsUpdate

2) Having a working ethernet port

3) QE & CI support

4) For HDV 1080i/720p, Kernel 8.8.1 is a must, I use the one from Mifki it work, batch capture with JVC BR-HD50(720p/24/25/30) without any problem.... :happymac:

5)Do not delete any qmaster releated files

Cheers/Blackfire920

Hello all!

I am new to to this site and I am thankfull for all the great information that all of you have contributed to the success of this network!

Below is a machine that I am hoping will be optiomal for FCP 5.1

Please assist, as I am looking to create the best machine possible for FCP. All comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

PSU-D500-2F Delta 500w ATX Dual Fan Power Supply 20+4Pin SATA

AP-XDII APEVIA X-Dreamer II Metal Case Side Window Black 420w PSU

E6400 Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13G 2M FSB1066 Conroe CPU Retail Boxed

ST3320620AS Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA 16MB ST3320620AS

X1600PP512 Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-E 512MB DDR2 TV-Out DVI-

DVR111DBK Pioneer 16x Dual format Dual Layer Black DVDRW(DVR-111D)

P5W DH DELUX ASUS P5W DH DELUXE CONROE 975X S775 1066FSB DDR2 PCEX16 2GBLAN R

(I am sure that all of you are tired of seeing these types of posts, but I really would appreciate your help!)

Thanks again everyone and good job wayland on starting this thread!

:construction:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all!

I am new to to this site and I am thankfull for all the great information that all of you have contributed to the success of this network!

Below is a machine that I am hoping will be optiomal for FCP 5.1

Please assist, as I am looking to create the best machine possible for FCP. All comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

PSU-D500-2F Delta 500w ATX Dual Fan Power Supply 20+4Pin SATA

AP-XDII APEVIA X-Dreamer II Metal Case Side Window Black 420w PSU

E6400 Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13G 2M FSB1066 Conroe CPU Retail Boxed

ST3320620AS Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA 16MB ST3320620AS

X1600PP512 Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-E 512MB DDR2 TV-Out DVI-

DVR111DBK Pioneer 16x Dual format Dual Layer Black DVDRW(DVR-111D)

P5W DH DELUX ASUS P5W DH DELUXE CONROE 975X S775 1066FSB DDR2 PCEX16 2GBLAN R

(I am sure that all of you are tired of seeing these types of posts, but I really would appreciate your help!)

Thanks again everyone and good job wayland on starting this thread!

:huh:

Thank you for your Kudos... I'm knee deep in productions right now, so I haven't been on here as much as I would like, but always come back here and there. Those specs look about right. The Video card you may need to double check the exact model, but I got that one by Sapphire to work. Great card too. Just sold it on Ebay :)

As many of you know I got a mac pro since I do so much editing and sound design, and I must say that the 5.1.2 patch seems to have some bugs in it. I've had some problems with the rainbow of death and a few other glitches that I didn't have before, but of course, I can't go back :( Just a little update... I'll have my new short film posted in HD soon, so that'll be fun!

Keep an Eye out!

-W