Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

Why did you replace your ProKit.framework with the PPC-Version?

Try reinstall the ProAppRuntime.pkg from the packages folder on the FCStudio Volume.

I didn't - I replaced the PPC version that the FCP 5.1 installer put there with the unibin version that Wayland linked to above. Weird error, huh??

What are your full specs? Graphics card especially...

It's a stock 20" Intel iMac w/ 1gb RAM - nothing special - so the graphics card is just the standard X1600...

hey i just installed final cut pro unibin and it installed perfectly but when i start it all that comes up is a box that says:

Viewer: Slug and two little boxes on the left and my mouse is that little rainbow spinny sign anyone know why this is happenin???

i also installed the prokit

Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0 Ghz

Intel D945PVS Motherboard

nVidia Gforce FX 5200

Please help me

thanks

-Korki-

I didn't - I replaced the PPC version that the FCP 5.1 installer put there with the unibin version that Wayland linked to above. Weird error, huh??

It's a stock 20" Intel iMac w/ 1gb RAM - nothing special - so the graphics card is just the standard X1600...

That is really weird. I'm working on nothing but osx86 systems, so that is a new one for me. Did you install via Pacifist? Or did you use the installer? You could try a fresh boot? Or perhaps the unibin version that I linked to doesn't function in a mac?

Not sure exactly if it was modified or not... Try a full fresh install...

hey i just installed final cut pro unibin and it installed perfectly but when i start it all that comes up is a box that says:

Viewer: Slug and two little boxes on the left and my mouse is that little rainbow spinny sign anyone know why this is happenin???

i also installed the prokit

Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0 Ghz

Intel D945PVS Motherboard

nVidia Gforce FX 5200

Please help me

thanks

-Korki-

Honestly I haven't heard of Nivdia working on the new unibin version because of the graphics requirements. Are you using Macvidia? The reason I ask is so that we can see if it is related. Does that MB have an internal video card?

BTW, the rainbow spinny is sometimes seen as the OSX blue screen of death.... ;) Well in my case it has been when I overloaded the old rossetta FCP :P

could idt be because it doesnt support QE??? What graphics sard supports this??? Is it ATI??? i have and ATI All-InWonder x1800 anyone know if this works or if any All-In-Wonders work?

thanks

-Korki-

QE is required by FCP, so that is your problem right there. As for All-in Wonders I'm not sure really. There are plenty of cards out there that are supported, but most of them are ATI :D No Nivdias yet really...

hey it was cuase it didnt support QE but are ther any cards that support QE and dont have mouse tearing???

thanks

-Korki-

The intel gma 950's. They are all integrated graphics. You also have the option of dual mon with an Add2 card!

Hi All,

I am new to FCP and thought 5.1 would be an exellent version to start on.

Previously I have been using Premiere Pro on the PC.

I made a DV PAL test capture in Final Cut as well as in Premiere Pro 2.

When I look at the end results its crazy, the quality output of the file from Premiere is a lot sharper than the file created by FCP (can it be because of some kind of "smart deinterlacing blend" or something similar?).

Please let me know if you have either experienced or know how to change this.

I will post frames as examples if there is anyone who is intrested.

Cheers!

:graduated:

osxG

hey thanks for the quick reply but i have a question i have an intel P4 630 3.0Ghz processor and its LGA775 and i was wondering if theres even mobo out ther for that???

thanks

-Korki-

775 Socket.... Most likely the Asus p5ld2-vm.... I have a similar processor in one now... and it has 950 GMA working great!

Hi All,

I am new to FCP and thought 5.1 would be an exellent version to start on.

Previously I have been using Premiere Pro on the PC.

I made a DV PAL test capture in Final Cut as well as in Premiere Pro 2.

When I look at the end results its crazy, the quality output of the file from Premiere is a lot sharper than the file created by FCP (can it be because of some kind of "smart deinterlacing blend" or something similar?).

Please let me know if you have either experienced or know how to change this.

I will post frames as examples if there is anyone who is intrested.

Cheers!

:graduated:

osxG

I really don't work with PAL, but most likely there is some sort of setting that needs to be changed. Now when you are talking about output, you are refering to the Quicktime file. Interesting enough it does look pixelated in it's raw form. I have experimented with this, and it's all the same really. But when I put that file into IDVD and then output it onto disc, WOW! All that information and more is there. I haven't seen a better picture on a DVD from anything I worked with on the PC. Keep that in mind, and try that out.

Okay i think im doing something wrong when i go to sequence and then render all --> both, it takes 20 mins this cant be right because the times you guys are getting are under 2 mins.

My System:

Intel P4 630 3.0Ghz HT (mac says its 4.0.Ghz???)

Intel D945PVS Mobo

ATI x300 Graphics card

WesternDigital EIDE 7200RPM 80GB

Please Help ME

thanks

-Korki-

Okay i think im doing something wrong when i go to sequence and then render all --> both, it takes 20 mins this cant be right because the times you guys are getting are under 2 mins.

My System:

Intel P4 630 3.0Ghz HT (mac says its 4.0.Ghz???)

Intel D945PVS Mobo

ATI x300 Graphics card

WesternDigital EIDE 7200RPM 80GB

Please Help ME

thanks

-Korki-

Are you running 5.1? That just doesn't sound right.... (4.0 Ghz is a bad guess ;)

hey i am using 5.1. and then with the Asus P5LD2-VM Mobo does DDR2 Memory work on that or just DDR???

and i have 1 gig ram in my system

thanks

-Korki-

Not sure, it says SDRAM, so that could be a weird mislabel. The memory is somewhat managed by the motherboard, so it may be at the same speed...

5.1.1 update is available for FCP! Downloading now. Will benchmark once done!

DearAll,

Need some light here, just finished update to 10.4.6, been trying the pacifist with proKit way for FCPStudio 5.1, only DVDSP4 working, no go for FCP & motion. like most of the people; I first install the fcp studio 5 then 5.1. System show QE and CI was supported(GMA950), by the way my mobo is gigabyte 81945g pro, with firewire B on board, will it be the problem? also in system it said the transfer rate was up to 800M, I assume if it can recgonize the speed it should be supported.

More info. about the FCP5.1, I was successfully installed, when I launch it it go all the way up until the checking external video window, since I did not connected any firewire device, I select "cotinue" then FCP go fubar...

So any thought.....

Blackfire920 :angry:

DearAll,

After few hours flight with FCP 5.1 still no luck, by the way I installed I-life 06 and it work; I-movie & Garage band, all go without any problem...by the way the audio on my box was fixed by "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext" and it was not show in system, but I can hear audio output, will it also be one of the problem?. As I recall someone said it should not be the cause, please help me to confirm with that, if that was the case any recommendation on sound card....

Lastly please check the attachement, it show two display in system, first one cannot detect anything, second was found the GMA950, is this normally showing two display, As I did not installed any other display card on this box...

Cheers/Blackfire

DearAll,

After few hours flight with FCP 5.1 still no luck, by the way I installed I-life 06 and it work; I-movie & Garage band, all go without any problem...by the way the audio on my box was fixed by "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext" and it was not show in system, but I can hear audio output, will it also be one of the problem?. As I recall someone said it should not be the cause, please help me to confirm with that, if that was the case any recommendation on sound card....

Lastly please check the attachement, it show two display in system, first one cannot detect anything, second was found the GMA950, is this normally showing two display, As I did not installed any other display card on this box...

Cheers/Blackfire

My guess would be something to do with the second display coming up, and I'm not sure why you would have that. Typical crashes on the boot at that spot seem to be all related to graphics, because it is loading the GUI at that time. My recomendation would be to check the MB and the bios and see if there is something you can shut off, and test it that way. One Fix might be an Add2 card? It supports dual MOn on the 915/945 boards with the GMA950, that way it really has 2 mon support? Just an idea.

My guess would be something to do with the second display coming up, and I'm not sure why you would have that. Typical crashes on the boot at that spot seem to be all related to graphics, because it is loading the GUI at that time. My recomendation would be to check the MB and the bios and see if there is something you can shut off, and test it that way. One Fix might be an Add2 card? It supports dual MOn on the 915/945 boards with the GMA950, that way it really has 2 mon support? Just an idea.

Wayland,

Tks for the tips, will try adding a dsiplay card see if it work, by the way should I go for ati x1600, seems to me this is most friendly one...

Cheers/Blackfire920

Wayland,

Tks for the tips, will try adding a dsiplay card see if it work, by the way should I go for ati x1600, seems to me this is most friendly one...

Cheers/Blackfire920

Yes, go with the Saphire. It may sound weird, but it has a function that bypasses a simple bios function that other cards don't. In other words it's one of the most compatible on the list, well at least in my opinion. Haven't tried the new hack on it yet though... We'll see about that later :)

anyone got an idea ehy its taking so long to render by me???

thanks

-Korki-

Check and see what resolution you are working on. If you are rendering HD, perhaps that would be the reason ;) Other than that, what build install are you using?

hey from what i can see im not rendering HD but just incase im going to the wrong window were do i find that out. and i dont know what build im running if you mean like 5.0 or 5.1 its 5.1

right now im exporting a 4 min movie clip to a .mov file and it says its gonna take 2 hours but i have a feeling its gonna take longer. so its no just that rendering takes so long its also exporting.

thanks

-korki-