Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

I´ve just run on a problem on FCP on my rig. It´s complaining about not having a AGP CARD!!

I´ve uninstalled it with APPZAPPER and now it won´t let me install again. Damn.

Any clues!?!

I´ve just run on a problem on FCP on my rig. It´s complaining about not having a AGP CARD!!

I´ve uninstalled it with APPZAPPER and now it won´t let me install again. Damn.

Any clues!?!

Try Pacifist... you might have better results. There is a line you can remove for AGP check, but it's not recomended, it's located in the beginning of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

ok ppl, installing was no problem for me, i used the JaS 10.4.7 image and it went perfectly fine.

The only thing that doesnt work for me is the firewire part, it just crashes when skipping or reconnecting.

I did remove the lines in the plist.info about CPU RAM and video card.

I dont know how to enable QE and CI, so if that is the problem could someone explain it to me please?

This is the error report i get:

Date/Time: 2007-01-05 11:30:53.244 +0100

OS Version: 10.4.7 (Build 8J2135)

Report Version: 4

Command: Final Cut Pro

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [74]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0.1 (5.0.1)

Build Version: 7

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504271547

PID: 247

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _bootstrap_port

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

Expected in: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: ADP2,1, BootROM A8JncAS.203 (American Megatrends Inc.), 2 processors, Intel® Core2 CPU T5600 @, 1.83 GHz, 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, PCIe, 128 MB

Memory Module: DIMM0/BANK0, 1 GB, SDRAM, unknown

Memory Module: DIMM1/BANK1, 1 GB, SDRAM, unknown

Bluetooth: Version 1.7.5f10, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet, en0

PCI Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, Display, PCI

Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHV2120BH PL, 111.79 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MAT{censored}ADVD-RAM UJ-850S

USB Device: USB2.0 Web Camera, Vimicro Corp., Up to 480 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Bluetooth HCI, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

Could anyone help me out? Im getting desperate :(

Edited by gerbenvandijk

• 2 weeks later...
ok ppl, installing was no problem for me, i used the JaS 10.4.7 image and it went perfectly fine.

The only thing that doesnt work for me is the firewire part, it just crashes when skipping or reconnecting.

I did remove the lines in the plist.info about CPU RAM and video card.

I dont know how to enable QE and CI, so if that is the problem could someone explain it to me please?

This is the error report i get:

Date/Time: 2007-01-05 11:30:53.244 +0100

OS Version: 10.4.7 (Build 8J2135)

Report Version: 4

Command: Final Cut Pro

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [74]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0.1 (5.0.1)

Build Version: 7

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504271547

PID: 247

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _bootstrap_port

Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL

Expected in: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: ADP2,1, BootROM A8JncAS.203 (American Megatrends Inc.), 2 processors, Intel® Core2 CPU T5600 @, 1.83 GHz, 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, PCIe, 128 MB

Memory Module: DIMM0/BANK0, 1 GB, SDRAM, unknown

Memory Module: DIMM1/BANK1, 1 GB, SDRAM, unknown

Bluetooth: Version 1.7.5f10, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet, en0

PCI Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, Display, PCI

Serial ATA Device: FUJITSU MHV2120BH PL, 111.79 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MAT{censored}ADVD-RAM UJ-850S

USB Device: USB2.0 Web Camera, Vimicro Corp., Up to 480 Mb/sec, 500 mA

USB Device: Bluetooth HCI, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

Could anyone help me out? Im getting desperate :graduated:

You need to get QE and CI qualified parts for your graphics card. Check the Macvidia project or other posts to find out how you can get QE and CI enabled with your current setup.

-W

*********BTW - Pro Kit Fixed now!

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

I have 1.4.6 and my FCP 5 requires 'Quartz Extreme Support'. Then FCP won't load at all.

Pentium 805

Asus p5wd2e-extreme

2 Gigs Ram

Nvidia 7800 GTX

I am NEW at this and I would like to get my FCP 5 to work.

Do I need a new video card? Will ATI X1650 work? What do I need to do, hardware/software KEXT change to get FCP to work?

Please help.....THANKS!

Edited by Claude916

Hello,

Have a problem here, can't solve it on my own i think...

I installed final cut pro on a sony vaio laptop, with 0SX 10.4.8 and a geforce Go 7600 (128MB).

I have the 8.8.1 kernel and I have QE and CI enabled with Titan/Natit/NvidiaEFI kext, on external monitor.

For audio, my sigmatel does not work but I use USB speakers or a USB soundcard.

When I install final Cut Pro 5.1, it launches perfectly the first time, without any problems in playback,... I even got a quiet nice test score on it.

Problem is, it only works once.

After the first reboot, it stops in the middle of the splash screen, right after asking me about my firewire deck missing, just when it normally would be "profiling for RT extreme".

I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, each time I deleted the prefs file, the com.apple.finalcutpro.plist file and the receipts before.

I also tried the prokit.framework from waylands post and tried removing lines from the plist file inside the program package.

But no luck...

Anyone had this problem, or knows what to do?

Greets and thanks

KG

PS there's also something about an update of an ID inside /Library/Application support/ProApps/... But I can't seem to find this update (on the apple site?)

Edited by King George

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I installed final cut pro on a sony vaio laptop, with 0SX 10.4.8 and a geforce Go 7600 (128MB).

I have the 8.8.1 kernel and I have QE and CI enabled with Titan/Natit/NvidiaEFI kext, on external monitor.

When I install final Cut Pro 5.1, it launches perfectly the first time, without any problems in playback,... I even got a quiet nice test score on it.

After the first reboot, it stops in the middle of the splash screen, right after asking me about my firewire deck missing, just when it normally would be "profiling for RT extreme".

I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, each time I deleted the prefs file, the com.apple.finalcutpro.plist file and the receipts before.

I also tried the prokit.framework from waylands post and tried removing lines from the plist file inside the program package.

But no luck...

Greets and thanks

KG

PS there's also something about an update of an ID inside /Library/Application support/ProApps/... But I can't seem to find this update (on the apple site?)

i have the same problem, but no solution yet

i have the same problem, but no solution yet

Made my Hackintosh a few days ago, and haven't got that problem.

Maybe it's due to wrong FCP installer.

Does the one you got has the "Not for Resale" logo ?

Mine, hasn't and all the FCS apps play perfectly.

Also, tell us more on your hardware.

BTW, i asked this in another topic:

Is it logical for FCP during the capture to redraw the preview in low quality and slow frame rate?

Are the real MAC'S do the same?

After the capture, the clip is perfect.

I am not using any Video card, only the onboard 950.

Will i gain anything by putting a Geforce 6700GT card ?

Any answer will be very helpful.

Regards

Made my Hackintosh a few days ago, and haven't got that problem.

Maybe it's due to wrong FCP installer.

Does the one you got has the "Not for Resale" logo ?

Mine, hasn't and all the FCS apps play perfectly.

Also, tell us more on your hardware.

BTW, i asked this in another topic:

Is it logical for FCP during the capture to redraw the preview in low quality and slow frame rate?

Are the real MAC'S do the same?

After the capture, the clip is perfect.

I am not using any Video card, only the onboard 950.

Will i gain anything by putting a Geforce 6700GT card ?

Any answer will be very helpful.

Regards

I recently worked on a Mac Pro and the capture have the same artifacts you mention...

This version of FCP doesn't take advantage of GPU on renders, but the futures will...

See ya

Hello,

But no luck...

Greets and thanks

KG

Do u have a network card working? If u don't have one, remove all the qmaster folders and preferences.

I recently worked on a Mac Pro and the capture have the same artifacts you mention...

This version of FCP doesn't take advantage of GPU on renders, but the futures will...

See ya

That's exactly what i wanted to hear (on capture) :):thumbsup_anim:

I know that GPU doesn't affect Render.

But, what about MOTION? Photoshop? LiveType?

Will there be improved redraw speed?

I've heard that MOTION uses a lot of GPU if you have one, and it improves a lot.

Is that correct?

My point...... Is it worth to invest in a 7300 or better 7600 (if there is any difference), for FCS apps and Photoshop?

I don't do Games at all

Regards

That's exactly what i wanted to hear (on capture) :):thumbsup_anim:

I know that GPU doesn't affect Render.

But, what about MOTION? Photoshop? LiveType?

Will there be improved redraw speed?

I've heard that MOTION uses a lot of GPU if you have one, and it improves a lot.

Is that correct?

My point...... Is it worth to invest in a 7300 or better 7600 (if there is any difference), for FCS apps and Photoshop?

I don't do Games at all

Regards

Well yeah i use an X300 Ati card on my home hackintosh and the Mac Pro i use a works have a real fast video card, i think it's a 9800 Nvidia, i will check tomorrow, the point is if u have the money go buy a new card, you will see the diference.

Edited by marianisla

Well yeah i use an X300 Ati card on my home hackintosh and the Mac Pro i use a works have a real fast video card, i think it's a 9800 Nvidia, i will check tomorrow, the point is if u have the money go buy a new card, you will see the diference.

Excellent reply, thank's a lot.

Now, i only have to hear, real differences in the mentioned apps between 7300GT and 7600GT.

Do you know what MacPro you have at your work?

Cause i think (i am not sure), that 9800 is from ATI and not from Nvidia.

BTW, how much of a difference you see between your Hack and the real Mac ?

Do you work with the same apps?

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

hi

i tried the test and the bench was 110 sec with

msi 945g neo

ram 2 giga ddr 667

processor intel d 820 2.8 dual core 800 fsb

vga asua x1600 pro 512 ram ddr2

mac os x 10.4.8 jas

final cut pro 5.1

after i replaced the prokit.framework

with the one i downloaded from the link

hxxp://www1.chapman.edu/~wayla100/ProKit.zip

i had the same resalut 110 secound nothing more nothing less

the original one was 29 m b

the one i downloaded uncompressed was 31.1 m b

i switched them again and the same resalut nothing changes

Um... Ok, sounds good. Anyone else? Feel free to post your scores, or problems/questions.

I am using the same MOBO as you and have the 10.4.8 running :rolleyes: . I would like to install FCP and Toast but since i dont have a graphocs card, i am unable to do so. Please suggest which is the ideal Graphics Card / alternatives i can install and will be supported. B)

when i downloaded the update from demonoid

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/564666/11121138/

and after i did the test new one and got a wondrfull resalut

just 4 or 5 sec only

What version and hardware are you using? Did you "Render All" from the menu bar?

Benchmarked my setup with the new FCP 5.1.4 update straight from Apple Software Update, dunno if it's the fastest score, but it is pretty fast IMHO. Specs at sig.

Testkit score under FCP 5.1.4: 58.9 seconds

If there are any other FCP benchies or tests that anyone could recommend, I'd appreciate a link ;)

...bye Avid MC...

Hey All, I'm not here too often, but I pop in every so often. I'm in the middle of several productions, so it's a bit chaotic.

My Recomendations for graphics cards?

I have worked with 2. 7300 Gs and the x1600 from ATI. I would recommend the x1600.Neither one is perfect, but pretty close. I would stick with ATI because of the more native support. Then again with as many people participating in the osx86 project, more and more users are getting great graphics cards working in full support.

As for my prokit that's on there, that's simply a backup option for those who might have a rosetta prokit installed on their computer by accident. Using pacifist with some installers will put a bad version of the pro-kit on (ppc version instead of intel), making every pro-app useless. This is essential to getting everything back to working form. I tried re-installing the programs by themselves, and the problem wasn't resolved until I found my backup pro-kit.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any issues. Sometimes it takes me a while to get back, but I do... mostly ;) If it's a stupid question I usually pass it over. AND YES there are such things as stupid questions. My number 1 stupid question:

Do I need QE to run FCP?

A: OF COURSE... read my posts :) I mention it like 10 times.

do you mean this is fcp 5.1.4 update is more faster than 5.1.2

for your question about render

menu bar - sequence - render - selection - both it was like 4 or 5 sec

i renderd the test file like that because its one file only on the time line

when i tried

menu bar - sequence - render - all

it was about a 65 sec

i wonder about the deffrence before the update it was the same for the 2 ways

but if the update 5.1.4 will make it a little bit faster i can try it its on demonoid too

the bench was before 110 sec now its about 5 or 65 sec with 5.1.2 so i dont know

how it will be with 5.1.4

for vga card nvidia 7600 or ati x1600 pro if you want some thing with high coast

you can try ati x1950xt i heard its very good and Compatible

That's what I'm talking about newmax07. "Render selection" only renders what FCP need to playback without dropping frames with UnlimitedRT while "Render all" renders the whole timeline without the need for RT horsepower. 65seconds is your real score. Fastest one I saw on this thread was 57ish. Can't wait for my new drives.

And nope, 5.1.4 update only fixes some bugs with 5.1.2, you gotta read Apple's FCP changelogs to make things clearer. I got the update through Apple's Software Update, but your experience might be different from mine. App updates just work for me without problems, and I can also get it on Demon.

Back to work.