Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

However, am getting error when using RT FULL, I get dropped frame rates!

Advice?

Thanks!

Most everyone does. When I was working on the G5 quad it was doing the same! If you miss 1 or 2 frames out of 30, will you actually miss them? not really.... :blink: So it's very common for every omputer to do that! Groooovy!? :smoke:

Most everyone does. When I was working on the G5 quad it was doing the same! If you miss 1 or 2 frames out of 30, will you actually miss them? not really.... :) So it's very common for every omputer to do that! Groooovy!? :)

Cool, but I do have a question, since my motherboard is a stock intel board and I have one more week to return it if I want, I noticed that a user with this board Asus P5LD2-VM with on BOARD GMA can overclock his 3.0 to 3.8.

But what about FIREWIRE? This board doesn't have FIREWIRE? Can you add a firewire card to this board? Will it see it?

Also, are people having success with video camera's and their hack n' tosh?

Two questions - - times running out. If I can get that Asus board with on-board, I will go for it if I can use a PCI firewire card.

Thanks!

:P

Thanks for the tips...

I had problem with Aperture after installing FCP 5.1. Before I read this post I did ask for the Prokit.framework from one of the members here, probably my mistake when I PM him and ask if he has ProKit.framework. All I got back from him was "Sure I have it" :)

Should have been more clear and request for the file :)

Anyway I got all programs within FCP working fine here now...

Just want to say thanks to the original poster...

Hi i need some help about final cut runnin in x86

Well i've installed fcp 5 and updated to 5.1 but when i run fcp it crash. I erased the app before updating and all those stuff but i don't know what to do! if anybody can help me.. (I also have the same problem runnin Apple SHake & Modul8)

the crash report:

Date/Time: 2006-06-26 03:38:30.248 +0200

OS Version: 10.4.6 (Build 8I1119)

Report Version: 4

Command: Final Cut Pro

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [128]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0 (5.0)

Build Version: 2

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504212200

PID: 261

Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

... it's longer but i thought it was to long to be posted.

My computer:

Intel P4 630

MsI 915 Neo2 PLatinum

1Gb DDR2 533

M-Audio Ozone(usb)

HD External USB(Maxtor 120 Gb) Os X 10.4.6 Installed

HD 250 GB Sata

Thanks Everybody, waitin for support

Cool, but I do have a question, since my motherboard is a stock intel board and I have one more week to return it if I want, I noticed that a user with this board Asus P5LD2-VM with on BOARD GMA can overclock his 3.0 to 3.8.

But what about FIREWIRE? This board doesn't have FIREWIRE? Can you add a firewire card to this board? Will it see it?

Also, are people having success with video camera's and their hack n' tosh?

Two questions - - times running out. If I can get that Asus board with on-board, I will go for it if I can use a PCI firewire card.

Thanks!

:smoke:

I have an ads firewire card on that board ad it works perfectly. The video portion works right up to any firewire camera I have tried. :)

Thanks for the tips...

I had problem with Aperture after installing FCP 5.1. Before I read this post I did ask for the Prokit.framework from one of the members here, probably my mistake when I PM him and ask if he has ProKit.framework. All I got back from him was "Sure I have it" :blink:

Should have been more clear and request for the file :D

Anyway I got all programs within FCP working fine here now...

Just want to say thanks to the original poster...

Yeah, people ask me for files, and due to legal reasons, rarely ever give them... but if they are really needed I would post them with no name attached :)

Hi i need some help about final cut runnin in x86

Well i've installed fcp 5 and updated to 5.1 but when i run fcp it crash. I erased the app before updating and all those stuff but i don't know what to do! if anybody can help me.. (I also have the same problem runnin Apple SHake & Modul8)

the crash report:

Date/Time: 2006-06-26 03:38:30.248 +0200

OS Version: 10.4.6 (Build 8I1119)

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Parent: WindowServer [128]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 5.0 (5.0)

Build Version: 2

Project Name: FCPApp

Source Version: 504212200

PID: 261

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

... it's longer but i thought it was to long to be posted.

My computer:

Intel P4 630

MsI 915 Neo2 PLatinum

1Gb DDR2 533

M-Audio Ozone(usb)

HD External USB(Maxtor 120 Gb) Os X 10.4.6 Installed

HD 250 GB Sata

Thanks Everybody, waitin for support

I have been a bit away.... now what kind of graphics card you have? Built in?

Hi there; I have just installed FCP 5,1 and it works fine no problems. I did the test at the beggining of this test and i rendered all in exatly

279 seconds

4 minutes 39

Not to suprised with that result as here is my system -

OSX86 10,4,6 goatesecs

AMD Sempron 64 2600+

1,5gb ram

x300 pcie graphic card

1 hard disk 7200rpm 80gb

Hi Wayland my graphic card it's a nvidia 6600 (256mb) PCX (not built in). I've tried Macvidia Nv 1.07 drivers but didn't work.

Do you think my problem it's about graphic card? cause i have no idea about what's goin wrong... I want to trash Adobe premiere just now¡ please help

Hi Wayland my graphic card it's a nvidia 6600 (256mb) PCX (not built in). I've tried Macvidia Nv 1.07 drivers but didn't work.

Do you think my problem it's about graphic card? cause i have no idea about what's goin wrong... I want to trash Adobe premiere just now¡ please help

Sorry for the belated reply, but yes it is your graphics card. QE is required to run FCP on the mac. There was a way to get it to still run when it was using the rosetta emulation, but not any more, it's built into the machine. Trust me, I wish Nvidia would work, I have a great system with a 7800 gtx just dying to get running on FCP. But since GMA 950 works with dual monitors, I am perfectly happy and running fast as hell! ;)

So I can't run FCP in my computer? Do i have any solution?

If I would have to change my graphic card, can you tell me which one could i purchase in order to run FCP?

Or maybe i also have to change my motherboard? QE only runs in AGP's ones ?

Sorry if my questions are stupids but I'd love to use FCP, I need it! and i can't spend so much money so i don't know what to do¡

Thanks Wayland :)

So I can't run FCP in my computer? Do i have any solution?

If I would have to change my graphic card, can you tell me which one could i purchase in order to run FCP?

:)

I was looking for long time for AGP, got some experience and here is my recommandation:

SAPPHIRE 100158L Radeon X1600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

$135.99 on 9 July 2006

14-102-680-06.jpg

works perfect with this installer on 10.4.5: DOWNLOAD HERE

on 10.4.6 I had to modify manualy some files here info:

READ Boris Badenov ATI driver TOPIC HERE

This is my AGP advice, I have it, did it and Final Cut Pro 5.11 is running great. Regarding PCI Express you have to read more the forums because I don't know. GOOD LUCK!

I cannot get 5.1 to run on my system. It reaches the splash screen but crashes after a few seconds. AMD 64 3500+, 1GB DDR RAM, Radeon X800GTO (flashed to X800GT for QE purposes) 256MB, Asus A8N-SLI.

I have tested and verified that 5.0 DOES work under Rosetta. All my other FC Studio Unibin apps work, including Compressor.

Here is part of the crash log:

Date/Time:	  2006-07-11 18:43:31.573 +0800
OS Version:	 10.4.6 (Build 8I1119)

Path:	/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro
Parent:  WindowServer [90]

Version:		5.1 (5.1)
Build Version:  4
Project Name:   FCPApp
Source Version: 602161028

PID:	5333

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:	  KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   GLEngine				   	0x089b40b3 PPEmulatorProgramSetupHandlesFromPPStream + 100
1   GLEngine				   	0x089b2efa glePPParse + 6809
2   GLEngine				   	0x089b1360 glProgramStringARB_Exec + 822
3   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003d0afe OGLGetProgram(__AGLContextRec*, unsigned long, KGProgramResource, unsigned long*, bool) + 238
4   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003d17df DisplayContext::NewGammaCorrection() + 271
5   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003d2093 DisplayContext::DisplayContext[in-charge](FCPMediaHandler*, OpaqueGrafPtr*, Rect&, Rect&, BufferIndexEnum, bool, KGFieldDominance) + 573
6   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003d4580 InitializeGPUGammaCosts() + 628
7   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003dbb09 PluginMainEntry(long, long, KGDictInt*, void*) + 693
8   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x0020f416 MessageToPlugins(long, long) + 54
9   com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x0020f62d KGRegisterLibAction + 127
10  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x0020f998 CallLibs(KGLibActionCode, unsigned char) + 118
11  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x0020fbfe KGFinishLibraries + 130
12  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x0020fd11 KGInit() + 149
13  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x003ad495 OpenApplication(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, long) + 75
14  com.apple.AE			   	0x9150bfb5 aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned long, unsigned char*) + 147
15  com.apple.AE			   	0x9150bee6 dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 44
16  com.apple.AE			   	0x9150bdb2 aeProcessAppleEvent + 190
17  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef8fac AEProcessAppleEvent + 37
18  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92f3fb5d ProcessHighLevelEvent + 151
19  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92f3faaf StandardApplicationEventHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) + 265
20  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef5553 DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 1093
21  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef4bf8 SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 304
22  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef4abd SendEventToEventTargetWithOptions + 55
23  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92efbf05 ToolboxEventDispatcherHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) + 357
24  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef590a DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 2044
25  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92ef4bf8 SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) + 304
26  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92efbd98 SendEventToEventTarget + 56
27  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92f3f8d7 ToolboxEventDispatcher + 81
28  com.apple.HIToolbox			0x92f3e2cb RunApplicationEventLoop + 165
29  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x00137f94 KGMainEvent(void*) + 46
30  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x00285ac9 main + 59
31  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x00003692 _start + 228
32  com.apple.FinalCutPro		  0x000035ad start + 41

Model: ADP2,1, BootROM ASUS A8N-SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1001 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD), 1 processors, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, 3.7 GHz, 2 GB
Graphics: Radeon X800GT/SE (PCIE), Radeon X800GT/SE (PCIE), PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: A0/Bank0/1, 1 GB, RAM, unknown
Memory Module: A2/Bank4/5, 1 GB, RAM, unknown
Network Service: Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
PCI Card: pci104c,8023, sppci_ieee1394openhci, PCIEX16_1
PCI Card: Radeon X800GT/SE (PCIE), Display, PCIEX16_2
PCI Card: display, sppci_otherdisplaycontroller, PCIEX16_2
Parallel ATA Device: ST3120022A, 111.79 GB
Parallel ATA Device: Maxtor 2F040L0, 38.29 GB
Parallel ATA Device: LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T
Parallel ATA Device: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S
USB Device: Logitech Freedom 2.4, Logitech, Up to 1.5 Mb/sec, 500 mA
USB Device: Optical USB Mouse, Logitech, Up to 1.5 Mb/sec, 500 mA
USB Device: Logitech USB Keyboard, Logitech, Up to 1.5 Mb/sec, 500 mA

Please tell me any way I can fix this. Thanks.

Orlics i'm havin the same report error, or quite similar! My problem it's supossed to be about the lack of QE in my NVidia 6600... But I'm not sure about it. I hope we could run very soon FCP. Maybe you're also havin' problems with your ati also involved with QE. ANyway if somebody have any other idea or solution..

I'm still waitin Wayland to tell me if i can solve the problem buyin a new graphic card or maybe changin' motherboard, in order to get one with the GMA 950 (built in graphics). I've to be quite sure to do it, cause it cost about 120 euro.

After running Render all, mine came in at 2 mins 16 secs.

I am using a dual core chip P4 2.8 64bit with 4gb ram.

I am using Final Cut Pro universal 5.1.1, all of thoses that have quartz extreme etc, install FCP and edit Info.plist on of the entrys read AGP, chanage it to read PCI.....thats all I did (not of the other stuff that had been posted) sorry guys......

Hi there !!! I have been trying to run final cut pro 5 and after 5.1. I use almost your configuration

P4 Dual 3.0 ATI x550 PCIe. resolution 1024x 768 (but without quartz extreme etc ). It install ok but when is finishing to run it goes out. So could you explain me a litle how to make the quartz extreme etc works? Then maybe my Final cut will work too.

Thank you !!!

PS compressor is not working too

alexcanano;

You have a different Video card to me, you need to search this site to see if anyone else has this card working,,,,, or what version x86 OSX are you running ?.........

Please check wiki.... http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

or hit the Wiki button next to Forum...........

As for compressor, FCP, DVD Studio, iLife6, etc,,,, they all work when video drivers are correclty configured.......

hope this helps

Orlics i'm havin the same report error, or quite similar! My problem it's supossed to be about the lack of QE in my NVidia 6600... But I'm not sure about it. I hope we could run very soon FCP. Maybe you're also havin' problems with your ati also involved with QE. ANyway if somebody have any other idea or solution..

I'm still waitin Wayland to tell me if i can solve the problem buyin a new graphic card or maybe changin' motherboard, in order to get one with the GMA 950 (built in graphics). I've to be quite sure to do it, cause it cost about 120 euro.

Yes, I repeat, FCP does need QE in order to function, 90% of the crashes people have reported to me have been because they see 5.0 work under rosetta and assume that 5.1 will work the same. It won't! you need QE support. And Yes that saphire card rocks! It really does. and it will work. I have tested it. Keep in mind that different video cards will not change your render speeds. Just FYI

ON ANOTHER NOTE!!!!

I am testing HD video on the osx86, will post with some results as soon as I can!!!!!!