Final Cut Pro 5.1 Installed and Working now with HD

Wayland

276 posts in this topic

Not to my knowledge

I always wanted to ask our beloved :thumbsdown_anim: friend "Wayland".

Working on a real MacPro and a Hack (P5LD2-VM), did you see a major difference in ProApps?

Having updated to the latest 10.4.9, i am having problems with Compressor.

The truth is that i haven't tried Compressor before, cause i was making all my conversion and encoding on PC with Procoder.

But today i tried to drag an m2v (ripped from DVD, with MTR) file into Compressor, in order to test the conversion from NTSC -> PAL, or to create an DV AVI NTSC file.

But as soon as i dragged the file, the spinning wheel was spinning for more than 1 minute.

After that, i chose a destination format (DV AVI for test), again spinning wheel for 2 minutes and then Crash!

I also noticed that in all my M2V files, when i choose the Get Info, it takes 1-2 minutes to show the preview (these are ripped mpeg2 files from my dvd's).

Does the above happen in MacPro too?

Also, are you still using your Hack? and if yes, you still using 10.4.5 ?

Thank you very much for all your help! :blink:

Regards

aecore exception is now fixed.. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48666

For those who had problems with there wireless having to switch to en1 instead of en0 caused this error to occur. I switched it back and it now works and I assume because of the plist files I got from a thread on getting Maya to work that now both wireless and any apps that have aecore errors now work with no edits of the en0.

• 3 weeks later...
I always wanted to ask our beloved :) friend "Wayland".

Working on a real MacPro and a Hack (P5LD2-VM), did you see a major difference in ProApps?

The truth is that i haven't tried Compressor before, cause i was making all my conversion and encoding on PC with Procoder.

But today i tried to drag an m2v (ripped from DVD, with MTR) file into Compressor, in order to test the conversion from NTSC -> PAL, or to create an DV AVI NTSC file.

But as soon as i dragged the file, the spinning wheel was spinning for more than 1 minute.

After that, i chose a destination format (DV AVI for test), again spinning wheel for 2 minutes and then Crash!

I also noticed that in all my M2V files, when i choose the Get Info, it takes 1-2 minutes to show the preview (these are ripped mpeg2 files from my dvd's).

Thank you very much for all your help! :P

Regards

Lots of questions for me.. I will investigate your questions and post back to ya.

Lots of questions for me.. I will investigate your questions and post back to ya.

I am looking forward for your reply, especially if you actually see difference between Real MacPro and the Hack.

Regards

Reporting a flawless Final Cut 5.1 install from Original DVds here.

10.4.9 update from Kool Kal w/8.8.1 kernel

Gigabyte DS3 Rev3.3 F11bios

Q6600

G.Skill 2gb

3 x 250gb Seagate

1 x 500gb External Seagate

BFG 7900GS.

Everything works. Everything screams.

My Test was 1.41 secs for FCP

Machine Name: Macintosh

Machine Model: x86

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 CPU 6320 @

Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 MNI CX16 TPR

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Radeon X1300 Pro Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Pro Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7142

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

TYPHOON107MP:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.9 (8P2137)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.9.1

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Computer Name: Computer

User Name: Mac

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i have the osX86 version 10.4.10 installed on my system and there are no problems except final cut pro don´t start. I have tried it with the versions 5, 5.1 and final cut studio 2. Final Cut tries to start, loads something but then final cut is shut down.

Are there known problems with version 10.4.10 and final cut pro????? (i used this installation guide http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/07/03/up...l-boot-guide/s)

is it better to install a different version for example 10.4.8 ?

i tried to fix the problem with this:

I downloaded ProKit.zip und copied (installed?) the files in /system/library/private frameworks

any ideas?

bassistFA: I'm getting the exact same thing. Using latest uphucj 10.4.9, on Intel d975xbx2, and 7600gs. I've done the whole delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and putting the new prokit.framwork and still no avail. Anyone got any ideas? all the other programs in the Final Cut Studio 2 work just fine, except final cut.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem too FCP 5.1.0.4 crash when starting on OS X 10.4.10.

I replaced ProKit.framework but still not working.

sudo cp -rfv /Users/fedefede/Desktop/ProKit.framework/* /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ProKit.framework/

any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

We need to bring this thread back to get some benchmarks w/ newer hardware under FCS2.

Here are my results in FCP 6.0 on 10.4.10 w/ Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 7600GS 256, 2x512mb 400mhz ram:

Render all time: 1 minute, 58 seconds (118 seconds)

The system that I'm building now includes: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Dual-Core e2140 (placeholder), 7600GS, 2x1GB Tracer Ballistix DDR2-800.

I'm interested in seeing how they compare. I'm building this system with plans on eventually putting in a q6600. If the OP is correct and render times are only dependent on CPU, I'm guessing my times will be about the same until I get a beefier cpu.

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a pentinum 4, 3ghz speed ht, 800 fsb 3 gigas ram, sata scratch disks, nvidia 6600 gt, everything is working fine, with qe. ci. and final cut 6 is runing with no problems, but I can't edit hdv footage.

Do anybody have the same problem.

Any adivise?

Thanks

Turns out I'm an idiot... when I did the benchmark on my new system, I thought I was overclocked at 2.8ghz. Somehow my bios got reset and I was actually only running at 1.6ghz! (I assumed "about this mac" was just reporting the chip default info. it's now showing the full 2.8ghz).

I reran the test, at an actual 2.8ghz, and my time is a flat 60 seconds. That's nearly at 100% performance increase from my old AMD X2 at 2ghz. What really shocks me is that at a stock 1.6ghz, the intel e2140 outperforms the old system. I'm running the same gfx card, but twice the memory (and faster).

Hi,

I'm trying to install a 7600 Card with 512 MB cache and unfortunately once i plugin the monitor... i get to the OSX loading page and then get a Black screen. Can you please advice on how i can install the garaphics card so that i can start using them. I am using the P5LD2-VM card like you do :rolleyes:

Any advice will be really helpful...

Sucharith

I always wanted to ask our beloved :( friend "Wayland".

Thank you very much for all your help! :(

Regards